Melt Me Inside [English]

By tkmyjx

A woman born with a silver spoon yet grew up independent couldn't wish more with her situation other than hav... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Prejudice?
Chapter 2: Trouble After Trouble
Chapter 3: You're Grounded
Chapter 4: Obligations
Chapter 5: A Girl
Chapter 6: It's You
Chapter 7: A Recipe for Disaster
Chapter 8: Awkward
Chapter 9: Rude
Chapter 10: Agreement or Argument
Chapter 11: A Secret is a Secret
Chapter 13: Problems
Chapter 14: Caught
Chapter 15: Denial
Chapter 16: Jealousy
Chapter 17: Drunken Confession
Chapter 18: Liar
Chapter 19: I'm Sorry
Chapter 20: Fire
Chapter 21: The Truth
Chapter 22: Missing
Chapter 23: An Order
Chapter 24: A Bad Person
Chapter 25: Ice Cream
Chapter 26: Exposed
Chapter 27: Trouble With The Past
Chapter 28: Final Battle
Chapter 29: Pity
Chapter 30: Marriage
Epilogue

Chapter 12: I'm Here

10 1 0
By tkmyjx

Maricar dressed up nicely with the gray satin gown with a slit on the left side. It also has a few lines of small gray agates dangling from the groin to both sides of her waist.

She took her jewelry box and wore her silver and diamond earrings to match the dress. After a few finishing touches, she was ready to go.

It was the day of the fashion gala held in at Lux Hotel and Events Center on the other side of the city. Maricar prepared earlier than the 11 o'clock opening ceremony.

She peeked on her phone on the desk. It was still quarter to ten in the morning. If she will go before the clock strikes at the next hour, Maricar will be on time for the ceremony.

After deciding what to use, she took her zebra Chanelle purse and phone before going out of her room. Her eyes laid upon the guy who just ignored her for almost a week.

From that incident alone, it made Pierre broke his promise of making Maricar not hostile to him.

Technically, he didn't fail. Maricar was surprised about his actions. Although she wanted to tease him more about what happened last week, she didn't bother to do it so. He finally gave in to her requests, but she wasn't as excited as before.

There's something she craved on doing. Even if it was annoying, it felt like Maricar adjusted to a new environment even before she fully adapted to the environment she was working on.

She cleared her throat as she stopped on the side of the couch where the guy was sitting. Pierre hesitated on looking but his recent apathetic approach didn't help him from stopping the urge to turn.

He stunned a blink as soon as he saw her. She was too gorgeous and shiny on his eyes. His mouth was about to open, however he luckily got onto his senses.

“I'm going to an event. I may go home late tonight. Just lock the door, I have my key,” she told him and waited for his reply.

He only responded with a small nod. The young lady accepted the reply and went ahead to the door outside. But before she opened the door, she turned around to his direction. Pierre noticed her not leaving without turning his head to the lady.

He asked, “You need something?”

Maricar struck a pose and asked her housemate, “Look at me. Am I attractive?”

Pierre did a side eye on her before shortly replying a grunt, “Mm.”

“Look at me,” Maricar authoritatively said. She didn't see him batting an eye.

The young man dejectedly replied, “I already saw it. It's not bad. It's shiny.”

She blew air in annoyance and went out slamming the door.

‘Unreliable guy.’

Maricar arrived at the hotel, ten minutes before the opening ceremony. It was grand, with silver-colored decorations around, the theme was very pure and full of luster.

As she walked towards the entrance, the doorman asked, “Your invitation, ma'am?”

The young lady flashed the invitation her professor gave, which the personnel checked before nodding to his buddy who opened the door on a closed event.

As she walked on the red carpet leading to the main hall, camera flashed from different media companies and paparazzi almost blinded her vision.

Dare to be Bold Gala held by one of the biggest designers in the Philippines, David, are usually attended by big names and celebrities. Few may get on their hands an invitation by having connections from some friends and acquaintances, which Maricar's professor did.

She was very excited deep inside as it was her first gala without her father's connection. It was also her biggest fashion event ever attended, making the young lady overwhelmed a bit.

Maricar was directed to the main hall by a staff. She thanked her before going to the direction.

“That girl is gorgeous. Do you know her?” a man from the background asked his companion. It was out of Maricar hearing, but the stares made her noticed the guy who was wearing a cream-colored suit.

“I don't know her, sir. Maybe you can ask her name.”

Maricar was about to enter the main hall when the guy called her out.

“Mi amore. You look fantastic tonight.”

The young lady smiled and appreciate his compliment. The guy had a Spanish accent which added a bit of romance in his breaths.

She replied, “Same as you.”

The bachelor smirked and pushed the closed wooden white door in front her before saying, “I'm Sergio. You seemed to be alone.”

Maricar showed no interest to him. But he reached out his right hand, asking for a handshake. She didn't refuse.

“I'm Marie.”

Sergio tried to impress her, “What a lovely name for a fabulous face, señorita. It will be better if you're letting me accompany you tonight.”

However she wasn't amused with his behavior. Many guys have tried to flirt her. Even the most handsome ones couldn't make her jaw drop. She was just too fed up with flirty men where to the point she aren't having that butterfly feelings.

Sure, she was attracted to them. But not in a way she will give in to her lust and attraction.

Maricar chuckled and bluntly replied, “Stop hitting on me, Sergio. I'm not here to find men. If you may excuse me.” she went ahead inside, leaving the man who got even more excited with her attitude.

“Feisty! Target locked, young lady,” he mumbled.

“Kuya Sergio! What are you doing here?! Daddy is looking for you!” his sister called from afar. She came from the left wing of the building, trying to find her big brother as the ceremony was about to start.

He responded before going inside together with her.

Maricar, on the other hand, sat on the fifth row of the right side of the column of tables. It was one of the well-lit areas in the venue, where she purposefully sat to gain attention from personalities inside.

She was wearing a creation of Ice Cream's designer, which might give her father some recognition as she try to explore the industry of modelling herself.

In a few minutes, the venue suddenly went dim for a moment before all the lights focused onto the stage where the hostess just walked in.

She enthusiastically welcomed the guests and everyone before introducing herself and the event happening today. The gala was very successfully to be able to start and became the most sought after event in the fashion industry as of today.

“Before I present to you the owner of Daring Fashion Company, let me enumerate the awards and recognitions held by our one and only Mr. David!”

Maricar who was listening on her chair suddenly felt a touch on her shoulder. She grabbed the hand and pulled it towards her. It was Sergio.

“Ouch! Why so aggressive, Ms. Marie?” he playfully said. Maricar let go of his hand and wiped hers.

She never intended to reply, as it was too unnecessary to talk with him. The lady let go of the guy's wrist and went back to her original position earlier.

Sergio seemed to be challenged on diverting the woman's attention, however he was very persistent to his intentions on her.

The young man went near to her ear, whispering, “You are single, am I right?”

Maricar shortly replied, “Not interested.”

“We'll see about that later.” Sergio left her finally, she rolled her eyes in annoyance.

It was the ending of Mr. David's speech, after it, the event will took off. However before he had his final remarks, he called his daughter up the stage.

“My daughter, Chloe, is the next greatest model in the country! Give her a round of applause everyone!”

As everyone clapped their hands, one lady stayed still and crossed her arms. It was Maricar.

‘I should've known earlier that he was her father.’

She stood up and went to the food table. It was full of delicious high-end delicacies that everyone will like. She started eating whatever was good.

In that way, she can only mend her disappointed feeling she had.

***

It was already five o'clock in the afternoon, the runway event and the highlight event in the gala has almost done.

After Maricar ate at the food table, she went to the masterpieces of Mr. David on the other end of the hotel. Since the runway and presentation will commence at three in the afternoon, she thought it would be better to spend her time on getting new impressions and ideas from the biggest designer in the country.

As the runway event came to an end, she had her small notebook filled with ideas and even more impressions from the clothes newly designed on the showcase.

Maricar was about to stand when her eyes caught the daughter of Mr. David, looking at her like a villain, which an evil grin saying that she won over her.

The young lady didn't mind it, fighting her again is something she's avoiding.

Going out of the venue for the gala proper, she was blocked by some news reporters and interview journalists.

“Miss! Could we take some of your time for an interview?”

Maricar smiled and said, “Go on.”

The female reported was glad and proceed to ask a question, “What's your name? Are you a model?”

“I'm Maricar Ysabella Geron. And no, I'm not. But I'm working in a clothing company called Ice Cream.”

The female reporter asked her another question, “Tell us about your dress, Miss Maricar. Is that designed by Ice Cream?”

She answered yes, however before she tell about her dress, Chloe emerged from the side and took the scene.

“She's not important! Interview me, I'm the daughter of Mr. David!”

Every reporter around only smiled awkwardly. Not until the journalist who asked Maricar replied, “Ms. Chloe, your father prepared a press conference for you later.”

“I don't care. Just interview me right now!”

Maricar don't want another fight to escalate. She just told the reporter that she was in a hurry and went ahead.

“Thank you, Ms. Maricar.”

“Ask me a question.” when Chloe said that, one of the reporters behind her suddenly said something that made her angry.

“What an entitled girl.”

Maricar grinned as it was loud enough for her to hear while the girl was fighting with the reporters.

The gala was fun and very interactive for her. Many business owners asked and had her contact information taken for them to connect with Maricar in the future.

She was hoping for a great modelling company that would offer big benefits for her and some training. It was her only wish aside from promoting her father's company dress.

“So, Ms. Geron, how much did this dress sell for?” a very rich woman asked her as they talked.

Maricar smiled and said, “It's a customized dress, so its price is relatively higher. I think it costed almost a hundred thousand. I'm not so sure about the correct one but it's near from the amount I said.”

“It's so exquisite. You surely suited to wear that dress.”

“Thank you for the compliment.”

The rich lady took a card from her purse and gave it to Maricar.

She whispered, “Contact me if you want to be a model. I see you have a potential, young lady. Call me Ms. Helena. See you around, Ms. Geron.”

Ms. Helena left the scene while Maricar smiled at her before putting the card inside the purse.

She went to the food table again to get some wine but a hand suddenly took her wrist.

“Sergio?”

He was drunk and flustered. The guy didn't reply, however he tried to get close to the lady. Maricar don't like what he was doing.

“What are you do—let me go!”

He suddenly pulled her close, trying to kiss Maricar. Fortunately, she was strong enough to push his face.

She tried to break free from his grasp but the young man seemed to be determined on his dirty plan. Maricar didn't have a choice.

“Come on, Maricar. I know you want to be a… model. I can give you… a stage.” Sergio placed his hand on Maricar's butt.

“Hands off.”

The man smirked devilishly and replied, “Why do you think models are not afraid to show their skin? Because they… let have sex with them for a stage.”

That was the last straw for her and get rid of the drunk guy. Her spines chilled on the perverted remarks she just heard.

She took a glass of champagne on the table and splashed it on the man's face, making him a little sober for a moment.

“Pervert!” then she slapped him, making him fall on the floor.

Everyone already noticed the commotion at the food table. The guests and even Mr. David himself went to see what happened.

“Excuse me, what seemed to be the problem here? Sergio?” Mr. David saw his eldest son on the floor, trying to stand up. His daughter, rushed to the commotion as she heard her brother's name.

“Kuya! Maricar?! It's you again!”

Maricar just can't express her surprised feelings to see that both of them are siblings.

“Did you really went here to crash our gala!?”

Maricar scoffed and replied boldly, “Tell your brother first not to harass a woman and control himself when he's drunk!”

They were about to start another war. Maricar fixed her clothes as Chloe tried to get close, but Mr. David stopped his daughter and apologized, “I'm very sorry, Miss. I hope you won't mind from the trouble they caused. But please, don't ruin the event tonight. Let's settle everything in private, shall we?”

The young lady smiled at the designer and bowed her head in respect. “Thank you for the wonderful event today, sir. If you may excuse me, I'll leave now. And also, I don't want to settle everything at the moment. I'm ready to file a case.”

She exited the gala with high chin. It was a very critical thing for her not to be weak. Her strong presence is the only defense she had.

And the moment she got inside a taxi she hailed, she bursted in tears. She cried with minimal sounds, whimpering to prevent bothering the driver.

Maricar never expected that something would happen so bad. That the modelling industry was as harsh as that.
She just cried and cried until she arrived at the house. Everything was still fresh in her mind. Her heart beat wildly, her hands were a little bit shaky.

Pierre was still doing his task at the study area when she opened the door. He looked at the time, it was still quarter to nine in the evening.

He mumbled in a low voice, “She got home earlier that I expected.”

About to greet her, the young man saw Maricar's eyes drenched in tears, her whole face was red and her outfit was a little bit unkempt.

“Maricar–”

“Stay away!” she yelled at his face.

He flinched, seeing the young lady whose eyes looked devastated.

Maricar ran to her room and slammed the door. She let out a huge cry in her room. She sat on the bed as she threw the purse and her phone on the desk.

It was her most frightening scenario she faced after her last breakup. She thought that she was cold and brave enough to handle such emotion. She wanted not to shed a tear, however she couldn't help but to let it all out.

Pierre heard his housemate's cry from the outside. He couldn't stay that he didn't see Maricar at that state.

She was a fierce and a strong woman in his eyes. And when that kind of woman cries, there's something wrong happened to her.

He knocked the door and called her, “Hey, are you alright?”

The crying didn't stop but he received a response, “I said stay away from me!”

“But how can I stay away? You are crying, there's something wrong with you. I'm… I'm worried.”

No response from the girl inside the room. Yet the cries stopped. It went silent.

Pierre spoke again, “It's worrying to see someone whose strong suddenly cry, you know that? It's hard for me also to know you, Maricar. Did you know that lack of communication between us will drift us afar? I'm your housemate. We live in the same roof. I can't let you there inside crying all by yourself without concern. Just tell me what happened, I'm here to listen.”

Maricar stood up, slowly walked to the door. She wanted to open it, but she's afraid to.

In the end, she leaned on the door and asked the man outside her room.

“Have you ever got in a bad situation that already happened twice?”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.5K 240 7
โ why cant you let me be happy for once chris. why dont you like him? what did he ever do to you โž โ maybe because he is with the girl ๐˜ช want โž โ‚ŠหšโŠน...
6.1K 104 43
Evanly's desires of being loved, feeling affection, satisfaction and sex were casted aside as she was stuck in a loveless marriage, but light shined...
3.4K 213 11
"When will I get my reward?" I ask all of a sudden way too excited at the thought of being rewarded by this beautiful woman. "When I'm satisfied, of...
4.3K 622 10
For Eva Winters, life turned out a little more complicated than she had imagined. After years worth of saving, she was finally ready to leave the bus...