Melt Me Inside [English]

Da tkmyjx

A woman born with a silver spoon yet grew up independent couldn't wish more with her situation other than hav... Altro

Prologue
Chapter 1: Prejudice?
Chapter 2: Trouble After Trouble
Chapter 3: You're Grounded
Chapter 4: Obligations
Chapter 6: It's You
Chapter 7: A Recipe for Disaster
Chapter 8: Awkward
Chapter 9: Rude
Chapter 10: Agreement or Argument
Chapter 11: A Secret is a Secret
Chapter 12: I'm Here
Chapter 13: Problems
Chapter 14: Caught
Chapter 15: Denial
Chapter 16: Jealousy
Chapter 17: Drunken Confession
Chapter 18: Liar
Chapter 19: I'm Sorry
Chapter 20: Fire
Chapter 21: The Truth
Chapter 22: Missing
Chapter 23: An Order
Chapter 24: A Bad Person
Chapter 25: Ice Cream
Chapter 26: Exposed
Chapter 27: Trouble With The Past
Chapter 28: Final Battle
Chapter 29: Pity
Chapter 30: Marriage
Epilogue

Chapter 5: A Girl

18 2 0
Da tkmyjx

“To our champion for the 2019 National ACM ICPC, Pierre Wolfram Villanueva, please come up on stage and receive your award,” the speaker announced.

Pierre smiled and stood up. For two years, he held the same award. Now, the third one is still his.

Three consecutive years is a great indication of his brilliance. Companies have been contacting him since last year, securing the prodigy.

Pierre just consistently gave them a pending answer.

‘I want to graduate first.’

Not until it was his internship where he secured on a decent company. He has even scored the highest grade from them, enabling him to work with them for extra income.

As Pierre stepped on the stage, he took the awards and posed for a picture before going back to his seat.

Winning as champion is a big help to him. Aside from his value in the market, he also received a 10,000 check and a chance to compete in the international ACM.

And Mr. Lopez won't charge him anymore for the installation fee.

After the ceremony, the contestants may go home or use the rooms until morning, but Pierre chose to go back to the new campus.

He just want to brag about it so bad to his dorm mates who wished him bad luck before leaving three days ago.

Pierre looked at the time on his phone. It was still seven in the evening.

Though buses would still be up until 11 o'clock, the dorms aren't. He may get scoldings from the dorm keeper.

He took a picture of the trophy and sent it to the group chat with his friends.

‘Who's losing?’

Few seconds later, Yeshua replied.

‘Good job! We thought you were dead tho.’

Pierre reacted on the message with an angry emoji.

Then, Marco's message appeared, ‘the fuck?????????????’

Jude sent a voice message.

(Pierre the Great, can you give us some money to buy drinks tonight, please?)

He replied with a voice message also.

“In your dreams. I'm saving for an apartment outside.”

The four of them replied with a dislike emoji.

‘What a miracle, Lester sent a message.’ Marco said.

‘Lol, he's leaving the dorm.’ Lester replied.

‘I can move in.’ Yeshua inserted.

‘Shut up, lover boy. Your wife won't let you!’ Jude replied.

Pierre laughed and turned off the phone before packing up.

He went outside the campus for the first time after three days of isolation from the outside world.

It was a tough experience for him, but all hard work were paid off. The championship is his in the end.

Before going to the terminal, Pierre went to Mr. Lopez shop. It was the most dim store in the alley, a block away from the university. 

He went inside, seeing Mr. Lopez rearranging on the boxes of computer components on the right shelf.

“Mr. Lopez.” Pierre called him.

As the former professor glanced, the young man shoved into his front the shiny trophy.

“I won.”

Mr. Lopez smiled and said, “Silly, but congratulations, kid. Is that your first championship?”

Pierre shook his head, “My third time.”

It was like the god and his disciple. Seeing Pierre with that outstanding performance in the past three years made Mr. Lopez acknowledge the young man's ability.

“Why not four times?”

Pierre reached his nape and scratched it, “Mrs. Martinez's son got the first place at that time.”

“Understandable. That kid.”

Pierre was shocked to hear the alumnus' response. “Mr. Lopez. You knew him?”

“He's my extra student way back when I was a professor. He's a prodigy like you. But as soon as I knew he got a girlfriend in his second year, I already saw his downfall–”

“He just shifted his focus. I saw him winning many awards together with his girlfriend.”

Mr. Lopez wasn't amuse and told him to screw off. Although Pierre knew it was in a joking manner, he bid goodbye to the former professor and went outside.

Before he went far, Mr. Lopez called once again, “Pierre.”

“Mm?”

“Get my number from that kid. I hope both of you will be successful.”

Pierre smiled and nodded, “I will.”

***

It was a warm Saturday morning, Mr. Geron was early to find houses for his daughter.

He is free the whole morning, and so he decided to do everything in his hands. He also wanted to see what house will Maricar live until she graduates, giving her enough security as a girl independently living.

Flavio, the family driver, asked again on what time will he go back and pick Mr. Geron.

“Sir, I'll just go back here. Tell me if you want to be picked up early.”

“Okay.”

Pierre just got off the bus, few meters away from Mr. Geron.

He was on a phone call with Marco, “I'm not going to have a grocery. I'm checking houses.”

(Just buy me some food on the way home. Love you!)

“I'm telling Dianne this,” Pierre nonchalantly replied.

(Don't! Childish… I'm hanging up.)

Pierre was about to walk when he bumped with Mr. Geron.

“Oh, I'm so sorry, sir.”

Mr. Geron accepted the guy's apology. “No worries, young man.”

Pierre nodded and walked first, however, Maricar's father called him back.

“Young man, what's your name?”

The young man replied, “Sir, I'm Pierre.”

“Oh, do you live here, Pierre?”

“No, sir. I don't.”

Mr. Geron nodded and said that he was looking for apartments.

Pierre grinned, “I'm also finding an apartment. Sir, do you mind if I help you find one? You seemed to be new here. I have inquired some owners, maybe I can help.”

The older guy appreciated Pierre's suggestion, he agreed and both of them went to the residential area.

As they find suitable apartments, Mr. Geron asked Pierre about him.

“Young man, are you a freshman? What's your course?”

“I'm a graduating student, sir. BS Statistics and Programming.”

Mr. Geron was impressed with just his course.

“That's a great degree. You seemed very intelligent.”

Pierre was flattered, “Just an average, Sir Andrew.”

“Not like my daughter, her attitude is worst for a woman. If I could just ask your parents to swap children, I would be glad. That girl is a brat.”

After a few conversation, they arrived at an empty house. It was big enough to accomodate two people from the outside.

It was not as flashy nor gloomy. The white paint outside looks like a great color to insulate the heat.

Pierre contacted the owner's number and asked for the house. Few minutes later, a lady went by and called them.

“You're renting the house?”

“Mm.” Pierre replied.

He looked at Mr. Geron, still observing the house's surroundings. He nodded and looked like he approved it.

“Is it available for two or one? It looks too big for one person judging from the size of it.”

“You're a student? If you're a student, I can rent the half of it for you and leave the other for another renter.”

The land lady was considerate to students.

It was a 10 by 15 meter lot with a bungalow house. The house occupied 60% of the lot's total area, making the house big. It has four windows and a wooden door. Although the house was just a bungalow, it was high and well-insulated. It was also furnished and well-equipped with furnitures and appliances.

There are two rooms, one bathroom, and a large living room. The rent was 15,000 per month. However, she can accept 7,000 for two students. It was a bit high for Pierre, but he can accept the seven thousand offer.

“Sir Andrew, it's the best house in this neighborhood. This is a good offer. Seven thousand per month is not a bad rent. If you don't mind having a housemate, I can live with someone," Pierre said.

Mr. Geron replied, “Oh, I'm not the one who's gonna rent it. It's my daughter.”

A girl?

The young man was baffled on what to respond.

Pierre nodded slowly, “You didn't say it's your daughter's, sir. Do you want it? If you want it, I still have other contacts in here.”

“You sure about that, kid?”

Pierre nodded again.

For a few hours, Mr. Geron knew about this boy and his background. He can say that he is quite impressed how polite and smart the young man was.

It might not be a problem to have him troubled with his daughter. He might be able to tame that lady.

Pierre looks stern, neat, and also polite on the outside. His looks reflects his personality very well. He would effectively converse with people and doesn't let them go out of place. With his appearance, Mr. Geron has seen the boy as a righteous man.

“Pierre, do you mind living with a girl? Don't worry, she's just the same age as yours.”

Pierre hesitated. Although he is a good guy, he hasn't tried to live with a girl in one house.

The man still is concerned with the girl.

“Sir Andrew, I think that's not a good idea. She doesn't know she's living with a guy. I might spend the first night in the police station if that's the case,” he jokingly said.

“Oh, she won't. How about this, I will hire you as her camera in this house. I doubt that spoiled lady would do parties all night when she has her freedom. If you are living with her, then it's a great way for me to relax and stay away from her problems.”

Pierre thought it is a one step forward to hell.

‘And I will be in great danger every night because of her.’

Pierre gulped and considered everything for a second.

Mr. Geron interrupted his thoughts with a final offer, “Don't worry, I'll let her pay the full rent for three months. After it, I'll just tell her that I'll pay half of both.”

“Isn't that a little bit harsh for her?”

Mr. Geron grinned, “There's nothing harsh for a spoiled woman, Pierre.”

In the end, after weighing the benefits of the offer, Pierre accepted Mr. Geron's given opportunity to him.

It was like for a small headstart, he would sacrifice a small part of his life for it. But as long as the lady won't be so annoying while he is working, he may be able to handle things smoothly.

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

34.4K 1.9K 44
18+ only "The fewer people that know the truth the better. And if this all goes smoothly, you two will be able to get divorced before the hockey sea...
Kitten Da BIGLexxx94

Storie d'amore

3.4K 213 11
"When will I get my reward?" I ask all of a sudden way too excited at the thought of being rewarded by this beautiful woman. "When I'm satisfied, of...
His Coco Da choo beibi

Storie d'amore

1.2M 38.4K 65
Ailee ate her ice cream licking every bit of it and then Xavier pushed his cup infront of her. She looked confusingly at him. "Eat." "No you eat. Its...
3.9M 144K 60
Life Lesson #1: If you are planning on going to a nightclub in the middle of sketchy, dark woods, don't. Life Lesson #2: If there are too many attr...