To Be Loved...

By sybilish

[ description ] โคท In which David rossi persuades hotch to take on his god son under his wing to prep... More

TO BE LOVED
P L A Y L I S T
A R T G A L L E R Y
E P I G R A P H
A C T I โ–„โ–„โ–„โ–„โ–„โ–„โ–„
i. mr. god son
ii. trial two
iii. trial two ( part 2 )
iv. dean byers
v. death has spoken
vi. the byers brothers
A C T II โ–„โ–„โ–„โ–„โ–„โ–„โ–„
vii. welcome back
viii. teamwork
ix. the bro talk
x. smoke screen
xi. finally free
xii. then what?
xiii. birds of a feather
xv. sherwood, nevada ( part 2 )
xvi. dead ends
A C T III โ–„โ–„โ–„โ–„โ–„โ–„โ–„
xvii. addicted to your touch
xviii. devilish acts
xix. devilish acts ( part 2 )
xx. i got you, you got me
xxi. for a night like this

xiv. sherwood, nevada

413 32 7
By sybilish

TO BE LOVED
:: xiv, sherwood, nevada

It was day two of finding the Sherwood killer, Thomas couldn't believe the media named the killer. However, he realized if they were going to get anywhere with this case, they needed to start from the beginning and seek out information from Chrissy's brother, Jones.

He was where the team went to first. He was quite surprised when he found the FBI on his doorstep but after seeing a familiar face in the mix, he so graciously let them into his small home. But after entering the home, the agents found someone that Thomas left back in Virginia. Someone who he told not to get more involved than they already are.

Chrissy stood from the couch as they all entered the living room.

The team all shared looks with one another, confused of Chrissy's sudden presence. Because he knew he would be experiencing a little bit of Hotch's wrath, Thomas had to get ahead of the situation first.

He grabbed Chrissy's arm and lead her to the kitchen so they could talk privately. His hand soon let go of her arm and he turned to face her with a displeased expression.

"Chris, i told you to stay in Virginia. Why didn't you say anything?"

"I know." She sighed, "But I have to be here for my brother. You understand that, right? Like you're always there for yours."

Thomas didn't have to say anything. He understood. So with a nod of his head, he soon exited the kitchen reuniting with the team and jones in the living room with Chrissy not too far behind.

The team then began questioning jones and what he may know of the killer as others looked around his home because that's what law enforcement tends to do. As everyone was off to their duties, Thomas met Hotch outside on the steps.

Hotch stood with his hands by his sides, "Is she going to be a problem?"

Thomas shook his head, "No, sir. I told her to stay out of it and just be there for her brother."

Hotch nodded, "What about you?"

"Me? What do you mean?"

"You haven't been here since high school. Are you going to be alright?"

Thomas thought how considerate it was of Hotch to ask and he understood if things get sideways, he had to keep a neutral mindset but like he always says, whatever happens, happens.

"I'll be fine." He told his boss, before heading back into the living room.

After the team got whatever information they needed from jones, they soon headed to the station to began formally working on the case.

• • •

Back at the station, the team thought they would get tons of boxes but no. Turns out there was only one box because the sergeant didn't believe there was a serial killer in his town, so he never investigated or put any effort into supposed evidence jones always happen to find —— which Spencer thought was a bit odd but he had yet shared that with the team.

Instead, he waited till Thomas was out the room and eventually, he was. Him and Morgan were assigned to take the latest victim.

Just as the two men left out the room, Spencer immediately perked up.

"I didn't want to mention this around Thomas, but i think jones is involved somehow."

"How?" Jj asked what everyone was thinking.

"He knows practically everything that's in that box. He always comes across the latest evidence." He shrugged, "I mean I wouldn't be surprised if he's the Sherwood killer himself."

Emily shook her head, "Seems too easy, Spence."

He quickly nodded, "I know but he has to be involved somehow."

Hotch stood up, "Alright, how about this —— Reid, Prentiss, and Rossi find what you can about Jones. Jj, geological profile and I will fill in Byers and Morgan."

The team then separated into their respective tasks and began looking for leads where they can.

As the team went about with the case, Morgan and Byers just arrived at the latest crime scene. As they usually did, the two dissected the scene and went over it as they talked to the police and witnesses if there were any.

Just like the other victims, this one was pretty clean cut but one difference —— it was the first kill in months revolving around this killer. For some reason before this victim, the killing stopped and now suddenly returned which Morgan and Byers already pieced together.

After the crime scene, the two agents got in the black svu and sat down, furthering discussing next steps and what Hotch filled them in on.

"I've known jones since high school, he was always a quiet kid but kind." Thomas shook his head, "I feel it in my gut. Spencer's wrong, he has to be. And Chrissy . . . she's already lost too much."

"Meaning what?" Morgan looked his way.

"Her ex husband and whatnot." He shrugged.

Morgan put the truck in drive, "What's going on with you two anyway?"

"How do you mean?"

Morgan began to drive back to the station, "Thought you and Emily were doing something."

"We're hanging out. There's no label but yeah." He got quiet for a moment but then continued, "It's complicated."

"Well, if I know Emily as well I do, she just doesn't give anyone all her spare time." Derek began, "So whatever's going on, it's best to figure that out first because once Emily opens that door and she gets hurt . . . she gets hurt." He finished, "And I don't like when my friends are hurt. Copy, Byers?"

Thomas sighed, "Copy."

He knew Derek was right. Has no intention of hurting Emily but he felt stuck. He enjoys spending time with her and keep getting to know her but honestly if they were going to move forward, they would've already put a label on it by now and that's what he knew.

By the time they arrived back to the station, major key points were made in the case in just the short hours they've already been there.

• • •

As time and the case progressed, the end of the day came and a few dead ends. Hotch, threw in the towel as well as the other agents. Just when they thought all was going to be a normal night, Thomas gets a call.

The phone meets his ear as he walks out the station to be alone.

Unexpectedly, his father was on the other line. He had heard around that Thomas was in town and he wants to see him as well as his mother. Of course they asked about but Dean but Thomas quickly told them he's only in town for a case. However, he still insisted Thomas to come by.

The whole ordeal with his parents was a falling out and they didn't like that Rossi was replacing them in a way and that was only because they pushed themselves out of Dean and Thomas' lives.

Growing up in the Byers household wasn't all rainbows and butterflies. Mom had a drug problem and dad was an enabler. It's like he didn't care that all the drugs she took could leave her dead and therefore, that felt like maybe he didn't give a shit about his kids either. Especially Dean when he started using mad Thomas lost it when he walked in on his mom and Dean both relaxing while on drugs. She influenced him and dad didn't care.

Thomas felt like the only sane person in the family, he felt like somehow if he couldn't save his parents from themselves then he would save his brother from them. Which is why as soon as he graduated high school he took his brother with him and just got clever to finding drugs.

Which is why eventually he had to leave his brother behind and move on, but Dean always found way to keep afloat in Thomas' life.

Ultimately Thomas agreed to swing by their place before the hotel. As soon as the call ended, Jj approached him with a light tap on his shoulder.

"Everything ok?"

He let out a deep sigh, "It was my parents. They want me to see them."

Jj nodded, "And you guys are estranged, so it's . . . "

"Yeah."

She placed her hand on his arm, "If you want me to come with you . . . "

"Thanks." He lightly smiled, "I'll drive."

As the two headed to one of the trucks, Morgan had just walked out the station and he noticed the two. Just by the way they walked and jj's hand briefly touching Thomas' shoulder, it was obvious to him why Thomas and Emily were complicated right then.

to be continued . . .

a/n:
FINALLY LOL

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.3K 749 4
๐ˆ๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก ๐Ž๐ฉ๐ก๐ž๐ฅ๐ข๐š ๐’๐ฅ๐จ๐š๐ง ๐ข๐ฌ ๐’๐ฉ๐ž๐ง๐œ๐ž๐ซ ๐‘๐ž๐ข๐'๐ฌ ๐ฐ๐ข๐ฅ๐๐Ÿ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฐ๐ž๐ซ. ๐œ๐ซ๐ข๐ฆ๐ข๐ง๐š๐ฅ ๐ฆ๐ข๐ง๐๐ฌ ๐ฌ๐ž๐š๐ฌ๐จ๐ง๐ฌ 3-8 ๐จ๐œ ๏ฟฝ...
96.9K 1.7K 70
Emily just joined the BAU and has her eyes set on the beautiful blonde with deep blue eyes, she also has a secret. Read to find out what happens #1 E...
201K 3.5K 19
you and spencer have known each other since your were both genius' in high school together. you loved each other's smarts and personality. you start...
314K 15.6K 103
"how could a heart like yours ever love a heart like mine?" ...