You over everything. (Book 2)

By Kwriitess

We may have lost our way, but I will always put you over everything. •Sequel to Find Our Way Back. More

Cast
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29

Chapter 15

226 17 1
By Kwriitess

Toni

The crowd erupted in cheers as the lights came on for the show.

"Alright J, it's time to go," Gil said.

"Good luck; have fun," I said seriously.

She gave Jayla a kiss on the cheek and looked up at Elijah, who had his head down in his phone. I nudged him, and he looked at me confused.

I cleared my throat and pointed my head to Janet.

"Good luck," he said dryly, looking back down at his phone.

I snatched it out of his hand, and he smacked his lips.

"Thank you guys." Gil and Janet walked away, and she quickly went down to center stage.

I looked over angrily at Elijah.

"What?" He asked.

"Can you please stop the attitude for one night?"

"I don't got no attitude." he shot back. "I said good luck,"

I smiled and put his phone in my back pocket. "Instead of being all on your phone, you're going to watch the concert like the rest of us."

Tommy came and sat chairs down so we could watch her from sidestage.

"Thank you,"

Elijah started to walk away. "Where are you going?" I asked, making him turn to look at me.

"I can't go to the bathroom...?"

I'm skeptical.

"Don't try to pull no slick shit Elijah." I said seriously.

He turned around and walked away.

"You want me to make sure he doesn't go anywhere?" Tommy asked.

I thought about it. "No...he knows better, and if he doesn't, well, that's not going to be a good time for him." I answered.

Music started playing in the arena, and I sat down to make sure Jayla's headphones were on right. The curtains lifted, and Janet stood while the crowd cheered.

I'm excited to see the show she puts on.

25 minutes later

What do you know? It's been almost 30 minutes, and Elijah's not back. I literally knew this would happen, and honestly, he's bold, but this time I'm not sweeping this under the rug.

I really wanted to watch the show, but here we go. It's always something.

"Yeah, uh...he's not in there." Tommy said, walking towards me.

I stood up from my seat and put Jayla on my hip. "Of course he's not,"

"Do you want me to help look for him?" He asked.

I shook my head. "Nope. I already know where he is, but thank you." I walked away from him and made my way to the elevators.

Honestly, this is something I don't tolerate at all. I've tried to give him the benefit of the doubt and let him deal with his feelings on his own, but this ain't the way to go. Now he's dug an ever deeper hole for himself, all for what?

The elevator opened, and I stepped off. We were now in the lobby area of the arena, and seeing the number of people waiting to get in the show, I should've asked Tommy to come with me, especially since I have Jayla. Shouldn't they be in there already anyway? The shows been started.

I looked around for a less populated spot, but really, it looked like people were everywhere.

"Oh my gosh Toni!" A woman said from a distance.

Then someone heard her and saw me, then another, and slowly everyone was looking at me.

There were a few people that started walking over to me, but I shook my head. "Not today guys. I have somewhere to be." I turned around to go the other way and was met with Tommy.

Great.

He shook his head and placed his hand on my back to guide me the quickest way through the crowd. I held Jayla close to me and finally saw the exit doors.

There were people calling my name left and right, and it honestly made me even more pissed off at Elijah. This is the outcome of his brilliant idea.

When we walked through the back doors, cameras started flashing.

This is supposed to be a closed-off area that no one can get through. How in the world is paparazzi here? That doesn't make sense.

We made it to the car quickly, and he opened the back door. I stepped in, and he closed it behind me. I put Jayla in her car seat, and Tommy got in the driver seat.

"Where are we going?" He asked, looking at me through the mirror.

"My sister's house. I'll give you the directions."

•••

We arrived at Tamar's house, and I got out, but told Tommy to stay in the car with Jayla.

I know he's here. Every time he gets upset, he asks Tamar to come get him. Every time he wants someone to convince me to do something who does he call... Tamar. And since we're in Atlanta what better place to go than here?

He's predictable.

I walked up to the front and knocked on the door.

I'm so over this.

After a little while, she came to the door and opened it. I could see her nervousness covering her face, but she plastered on a smile.

"Hey...girl!" She said, leaning on the door frame.

I was straight-faced, so she rolled her eyes and opened the door. "Why you always look so mean?"

I didn't have to walk far into the house before seeing Elijah sitting on the couch. Zero effort.

"Elijah Malone Braxton." I said seriously.

He turned back to look at me, and then he glanced back at Tamar. "Listen—"

"I don't wanna hear it. Just go get in the car."

Reluctantly, he sucked his teeth and got up to go outside, saying bye to her as he went.

I turned around and didn't even speak to my sister before leaving.

"At least he was somewhere safe!" She pointed out, making me turn back towards her.

"And how did he get here, Tamar? He didn't have his phone, so how?" I asked.

"He used someone else's phone, and I guess...maybe took an uber because he knew I would ask you before picking him up." She answered.

There's no way.

"A random stranger's phone...and a random stranger's car, but he was somewhere safe, right?" I scoffed and walked out of the door.

Through the mirror, I could see Tommy talking to Elijah, and he looked like he didn't wanna hear it.

I opened the door and got in.

"It's just not safe, man. That's all I'm saying." Tommy told him.

"No, it's not!" I yelled, frustrated.

He sighed and sat back in his seat.

"Here we go."

"No, you know what? Actually, it's not here we go. I've dealt with enough today, so this is a conversation for tomorrow." I spoke.

"Whew, I thought you were gonna make me go stay with momma." He let out a sigh of relief.

"You say that like it's a bad thing?"

"It wouldn't be the greatest," he said under his breath.

I turned around toward him. "Elijah, that's your mother. Who's truly done nothing to you." I finally said.

This is the time we talk about this, now.

"I'm not doing this right now mom," he looked out the window and crossed his arms.

Alright.

Tommy turned the key in the ignition to start the car, and I turned forward. "Tommy wait," I said.

I opened my door and went around to the side Jayla was at. I unbuckled the car seat and took it out of the car.

"Mom what are you doing?" Elijah asked.

I grabbed the diaper bag that was in the car and walked back up to Tamar's front porch.

This ends today.

I sat the carseat down to ring the doorbell, and waited for her to answer.

The door unlocked, and she opened it."You goin let him stay?" She asked annoyed. She looked down from me to the car seat and her face lit up. "Oh my—I haven't seen her in so long," she said, picking the car seat up.

I placed the diaper bag inside the door and sighed. "Can you watch her, please? Just until the morning."

"Ain't got to tell me twice. Love you Elijah! You too girl, bye," she shut the door before I could say anything.

Damn, I didn't even get to say my goodbyes.

I walked back to the car and got in.

"Why did you take—"

"Go to Janet's hotel." I told Tommy.

Threw this tg fr🫴🏾

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.1K 617 29
"They don't love you like I do" "They don't know you like I do"
21.1K 1K 52
In life, we are all forced to deal with things that we don't want to. Sometimes, the past meets the present, and the two are put together to cause pa...
963 104 10
Janet's youngest daughter (Paisley) lost her father and uncle due to a accident which not only hurt her daughter but also hurt Janet because he was...
53.3K 2.7K 40
My God, the lines we crossed. So I could be hers- So she could be mines. Still, it was never quite clear to us, because our love was always Between...