An Enchanted Innocence

By Kajjju2001

I was broken...I was shattered...I was a prisoner of my dark cell I was living... But then you came... The... More

Author's Note
INTRO
Character Intro
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Epilogue

Chapter 7

1K 31 3
By Kajjju2001

*

*

At the wedding, the guests were all gathered, and the media and paparazzi were all excluded. The people who attended were all prominent figures in the capital city. Ethan Anderson was the most popular eligible bachelor in the country. The news of his wedding had shattered the hearts of many socialites. The Evans family, which was not considered famous in the country, had become renowned in an instant due to the marriage.

During the ceremony, Serena held up her wedding dress and wore high heels that she was not accustomed to. She walked toward Mr. Samuel Evans slowly, taking it step by step. When she saw Mr. Samuel Evans's slightly red eyes, Serena scoffed and suppressed the bitterness in her heart. As she walked closer, all the lights in the room fell on her and Mr. Samuel Evans.

Serena held onto her father's arm and made her way to the path paved with petals. Not too far away, a dashing man was silently waiting for her.

This was Serena's first time meeting with her soon-to-be husband, Ethan Evans.

Serena slowly lifted her eyes, her gaze moving from his shiny polished shoes, up to his elbow, across to his packed abdomen before stopping to his firm chest. He was wearing a black custom made suit, she noticed, taking a deep breath she looked at his face. Her gaze clad with the most vivid blue eyes she had ever seen...his mesmerizing deep blue eyes which looked like an deep blue ocean under the golden hue of sunrise...It was like a deep blue ocean sucking her in where no matter how hard she would try to get out of it, she won't be able to... It was just that mesmerizing. His gaze could make someone fall to their knees, even without their knowledge. his eyes which are emotionless and full of coldness but somewhere she was able see a pure honesty in his deep blue eyes...immediately, her throat ran dry and her heart started to beat faster...

The man before her looked nothing like she had been expecting. He wasn't like those playboys or unorganized men who lacked decency. The first thought popped into her mind was that he was the most handsome man she had ever seen. Standing well over six feet seven or so, he had broad shoulders and strong arms, flexing with lean muscles under the suit he wore. His long, powerful legs were clad in suit pants that he paired up with simple black leather shoes. He had jet black medium length hair tempting her to run her fingers through them and a face which looked like it was sculpted by the gods themselves. Every inch of him was flawless.

He was dangerous...even his manliness screamed sinfulness. His face was emotionless as his eyes narrowed at her, before it broke into a full, rakish grin. An unfamiliar tingle rode up her spine, her nerves spiked up tenfold and a sweat broke in her palm, It was the first time she felt this level of nervousness...her stomach lurched some more as she walked closer to him under his intense stare...but his lips were tightly pursed, and his deep blue eyes concealed an undetectable resistance.

It seemed that things were going just as Serena had wished, From his eyes she can sense reluctance... reluctance to this marriage...he condition is also like her...he was also forced...but why...why she feels a bit hurt. She took deep breath and ward off her unnecessary thoughts before curling her red lips into a fake business like smile,"This is great, It will be easy to spend this marriage with this man without any conflicts since it seems like he is also reluctant to our marriage."

Mr. Samuel Evans happily passed Serena's hand to Ethan. Her fingertips were cold, and Ethan's palm was warm. The moment they touched, She reflexively wanted to withdraw her hand. Ethan was quick to react. He quickly closed his palm and grabbed her hand tightly.

Serena was shocked. She raised her head and met Ethan's sharp gaze. She paused and laughed under her breath. "What? Are you afraid that I'll run away?"

Ethan narrowed his eyes. While he was helping Serena straighten up her veil, he threatened, "Go back on your word? Can the Evans family bear the price of you running away?"

"So being arrogant runs in their family...I see..." Serena thought. Serena looked at Ethan with a mocking gaze. This person clearly did not seem to be willing to get married. If she went back on her word right now, wouldn't that be exactly what he wanted? 'Then why...'

Serena was deep in thought, but her gaze did not leave Ethan's face. To everyone else, they just looked like two newlyweds gazing at each other lovingly, unwilling to part for even a moment.

When the auspicious time was approaching, the priest had no choice but to interrupt them. "Do you, Ms. Serena Evans, take Mr. Ethan Anderson to be your husband, in sickness and in health, in poverty and in wealth, to love him, to care for him, to honor him, to accept him, and to be loyal to him until the end of your days?"

Serena came back to her senses and faced the priest. "I do!"

Perhaps her voice was too firm, but Ethan could not help but glance at her. She looked way too young than he had imagined. Her fair and tender face still had baby fat in it, and she looked dainty. He was very close to her, so close that he could smell her jasmine fragrance. her cherry lips that have graced him with her breathtaking smile...her big round brown eyes which twinkles with a mesmerizing light...her heart shaped face with rosy cheeks which reddens even further when she is shy, annoyed and nervous. her waist length dark brown curls which attracts him to run his hands through it ever so smoothly...She is breath takingly beautiful...Ethan's eyes also got stuck to her brown ones that gave the illusion as if he was looking at the impeccable brown jade. Her eyes were blank and confused, it was as if looking into the eyes of a completely innocent newborn. Her eyes were so limpid and pure that one could practically see right to the bottom of them.

If the circumstances had allowed, Ethan would have massaged his temples. The wife his grandfather had chosen for him looked too innocent even though they were just three years apart... 

After the priest finished asking Serena to say her vows, he asked the same of Ethan. When the man answered "I do", his voice was deep and raspy voice, she was tranced for a while, but after getting her senses back, she wanted to roll her eyes. 'What a hypocrite.' ...'Yes, Just like you' her conscious mind replied.

When it came to the exchanging of rings, Ethan finally let go of Serena's hand. He took the ring and put it on Serena's finger. He found that the back of her hand was completely red, and he could vaguely see the imprints of his fingers.

Ethan said nothing. He only shook her hand lightly,"How could there be such an obvious mark? Was this girl made of porcelain? Would she break when he touched her? It was like she can easily melt under just a light touch."

Serena also saw the red blemish on her hand. She snorted lightly. When it was her turn to put the ring on Ethan's finger, she deliberately used brute force to put the ring on his ring finger.

The pain in his fingertip made Ethan subconsciously look at Serena. It seemed that his new wife not only had tender skin and a bad temper, but she was also very vengeful.

Serena noticed Ethan's gaze and she stared back fearlessly!

And then the host told the groom that he could kiss the bride. Ethan looked down to gaze into her chestnut brown eyes which twinkles under the light, She also looked at him, her eyes darting from his deep blue eyes to his sexy lips while blinking rapidly because of nervousness. 

Ethan looked at her red plump lips which were tempting him so he did exactly that, He lowered his head and kissed her...Serena's eyes widened gazing into his blue eyes which were closest to hers when she suddenly closed her eyes and focused on the unknown electrified sensation she was feeling throughout her body because of his kiss. 

The kiss was a gentle one, Ethan moved his lips slowly over hers...tasting the divine taste slowly, He can never get tired of this taste of hers...she is divine...she is dangerous...specially for him...he should make sure to stay away from her....

As their lips touched, the stage erupted with applause. After the kiss, they both slowly parted away while looking awkwardly around them. Serena lowered her head and slightly pursed her lips. When she bowed her head, Ethan lowered his head and asked gently in her ear, "Don't you like it? If not then I think I made a mistake, I deeply apologize for it."

Serena raised her head and looked into his deep blue eyes which showed his sincerely. She smiled, shook her head and said honestly, "No, It's just that it was so sudden and please, I request you to never do it again."

Ethan steadily looked at her for a while then slowly withdrew his gaze whispering, "Well, as you say."

After the ceremony, she and Ethan went to toast to people together. It was less like a wedding party and more like business banquet. On her side were the stakeholders of SK clothing brand and Evans Company, His side was full of executives of Anderson Group. Ethan also has his friends on his side while her one and only best friend was not even present here, because she is on her business trip in another country since her friend wants to expand her bakery franchise so that is Serena didn't force her friend too much but still her friend is coming, it's just that Serena's best friend will be late.

After two finished drinking and greeting, the wedding was over.

And finally, They are married!!!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Happy reading ❤️

Like,💞

Comment,

Share😊

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

935K 27.6K 38
Nov, 09, 2020 : #1 in romance May, 14, 2021 : #1in respect May, 14, 2021 : #4 in lovestory "Don't try and act all nice to me. I know girls like you...
33.4K 1.1K 35
He stepped even closer so close that our nose was touching and I could feel his minty breath on my face. Oh no wrong move. "I was just cleaning it"...
3.2M 132K 64
Office rivals fight for the same promotion, while resisting their attraction for each other. LAYLA masks her insecurities behind perfectionism. The g...