You don't know what obsession...

By yo_666

As her mom gets a new job in sunny California, Lily has to leave New York City, where she's lived all her lif... More

Obsession Prologue + Chapter 1
Obsession Chapter 2
Obsession Chapter 3
Obsession Chapter 4
Obsession Chapter 5
Obsession Chapter 6
Obsession Chapter 7
Obsession Chapter 8
Obsession Chapter 9
Obsession Chapter 10
Obsession Chapter 11
Obsession Chapter 13
Obsession Chapter 14
Obsession Chapter 15
Obsession Chapter 16

Obsession Chapter 12

1K 19 9
By yo_666

...

i was just going to tell you that i won't be posting any more after this.... UNLESS i get some feedback on the past few chapters!!! (come on guys - i LOVE the fact that you've even read it, but i want to know what you think, and you're doing a pretty bad job telling me!!!)

..... and i guess that's it. until you comment to let me know if you want more, of course ;) i will not officially put it on hold as i will continue to write and all you have to do to get another chapter, is to tell me that you want it and what you think so far... sorry to pull this, but... (n*n) ...: what can i say? (if you don't get the smiley i just made up - it's a shrug - hihihi XD)

here it is---

xoxo

You don't know what obsession is...

Until you meet me.

Chapter 12

Lily's POV

As one, all of my bones went spaghetti-wannabes, and I almost sagged to the floor in relief as I recognized the visitor. It was Cain. Sweet, beautiful Cain, holding a single sunflower in his right hand, looking a little tense as he watched the door, waiting for someone to open it.

So I went back and did.

His smile as I opened the door must have been one of the most breathtaking things I had ever seen. Still, he studied me with that same tense, slightly worried expression that he'd worn outside just a few seconds earlier.

"Hi", he said, his eyes reflecting some non-existing light, almost glowing.

I shook my head, dazzled, and then threw myself at him, my arms going around his neck. With him close, I could breathe normally again, and my body stopped shaking as he put his arms around my waist in return.

He nearly carried me back into the house, closing and locking the front door behind us before ascending the stairs.

"Are you OK?" he asked, apparently having caught on to my shakes before they stopped. He sounded worried, and I could feel his arms tightening around me as he asked the question.

"Yeah", I breathed against his neck. "Now I am."

"What happened?" he said as he set us down on my bed.

"It was nothing, really", I said, feeling a lot calmer and safer now that he was here. But at his unsatisfied growl, I continued: "There was this creep outside, that's all. He scared me a little."

"Tell me", he demanded, his voice set in a stony tone.

I would have argued against his ordering me around, had I not been so glad that he was there - but as it was, I just told him about my run-in with that Trent-guy. Or was it Travis? Trevino?Trevor? Travers? I mumbled the different names to myself. It had been something on T.R. Tristan? Trace? Troy? Trey? Trey! That was it!

"Trey", I heard Cain quietly murmur the name, like tasting it. "I have to tell the others." And I don't think I was supposed to hear the next part; "You smell of him."

His hold on my waist tightened further, and I knew that if he would hug me just a little harder, I wouldn't be able to breathe. He didn't.

"Wait", I said. "What do you mean 'I smell of him'? How can you tell? I never even touched..." I trailed off when I remembered Trey grabbing my arm for a short second, before letting go right away, like he'd been burned. "What's going on?" I asked, confused.

Cain startled, as if he'd been thinking really hard on something, and then turned to me.

"What?"

"What's going on?" I repeated the question.

"It's nothing." He was lying. I knew it. "I'm just worried about this Trey. Are you absolutely sure that he didn't hurt you in any way?"

At least the concern in his eyes seemed very real.

"No, he just frightened me", I assured him with a soft voice.

There was a short pause when we just held on to each other.

"Have you eaten?" he asked then, out of nowhere. And of course, the thought of food made my starved stomach growl embarrassingly loud in hunger. "Apparently not", he laughed, answering his own question.

---------------------

We had a silent dinner, and then we watched a little TV before going to bed, Cain staying over again. It was so comforting to be in his arms that I didn't even think of saying no when he asked, despite it being a school night.

And so, I fell asleep, my body entangled with his. It was perfect, but still I had a small frown on my forehead: he was hiding something from me - something big.

On the other hand, we were just starting to get to know each other. There would be time to get him to trust me.

Cain's POV

I woke up before Lily, as usual, and just lay still for a second, watching her peaceful face. Today was Monday, and we were going back to school. I wondered if she would be like this with me in public as well. I mean, it's one thing in the mall amongst people we didn't know, but around our classmates and friends? Would it be the same?

I frowned when an other thought struck me. Trey. That was his name - the Rogues' leader. I'd recognized the scent before I walked inside the house yesterday, even though it hadn't been that strong since he hadn't been there himself, and only touched her for a second.

He'd touched her. The mere idea of that bastard as much as thinking of touching my mate had my chest rumbling with a deep, murderous growl. I'd kill him. I'd have to, especially now that he knew that Lily was my mate - it put her in danger.

It only made sense, though: I was the future Alpha of the pack they wanted defeated, and it was me he had to beat - which meant threatening Lily's life. He knew that I, like any other Were, would go to any lengths to keep my mate safe and sound.

If he ever dared lay his dirty hands on her ever again, I would not only kill him - I would make his death slow and painful.

Lily sighed in her sleep, bringing me out of my dark mind, a small smile teasing at the corners of her lips, and scooted a little closer to me. I couldn't help but smile back at her. She was so beautiful, so perfect. And she was mine, which soon would be clear to everyone.

I couldn't wait.

----------------------

After a quick breakfast with a sleepy Lily, I ran home as usual, showered and got dressed. I caught hold of dad just when I came out from my room.

"Dad", I said in a dark tone. "We need to talk."

"Sure, son. Let's go down to my office." He went into Alpha-mode right away, which was good, because that meant that he took me seriously.

"What's the matter?" he asked as soon as the door was closed behind us. "Is everything OK? Lily?" He understood that the only thing that could upset me this much would be something to do with her or the safety of the pack.

"The name of the Rogues' leader's Trey", I told him, straight to the point. I didn't want to spend too much time away from Lily, and so I wanted this done and over with. The important thing was to let my Alpha know who was threatening his pack, and then go to protect my mate from danger, such as out-of-control cars and papercuts. And rogue wolves...

"Are you sure?" he asked, and I nodded. "How did you gain this information?"

I growled at the thought.

"He talked to Lily. She learned his name. He touched her - she smelled of him." The last bit came out as a vicious snarl.

Dad let out a low growl of anger on my behalf, then pulled himself together.

"OK, then. Thank you for the information. I'll be sure to warn all the others." I nodded, though it was a jerky movement since I was still too angry to think beyond Lily. "It that was all, you can go now."

I turned on my heels and left, messing up Cara's hair on the way out to find Tommy and Danny. They were in the "pool house" as usual on school mornings, with the rest of the youths of the pack.

After a little bribing I finally persuaded Tommy to sit in the back with Danny, and then we all went to get Lily.

She was looking rather nervous when I opened the passenger door for her, and I noticed that she cast a glance at Tommy and Danny before climbing in. I wondered if she was still worried about that morning so long ago, and gave her hand a reassuring squeeze, which earned me a weak smile.

"So", Tommy said to Lily, leaning in between the front seats, "you're finally together, huh? You know, Cain's liked you from the start, right?

I could feel my cheeks heat a little, and hoped no one would notice - but just my luck: Lily saw, and laughed. She had the most beautiful laugh.

At least my embarrassment came with something good: Lily seemed more comfortable, and the rest of the ride went by smoothly with lots of laughter, mainly caused by Tommy and Danny making jokes on my expense.

By the time we arrived to school, Lily was smiling from ear to ear, making my heart thud every time I looked at her. God, she was beautiful.

Tommy and Danny left the car as soon as it stopped, immediately walking off toward the school, for which I was grateful as it gave me some extra time alone with Lily before class started.

I could feel the curious eyes of the crowd on the two of us was we walked hand in hand over the parking lot, but it didn't bother me much - might as well let the world know that she was mine.

We walked in comfortable silence for a minute, basking in each other's presence, not needing anything else. As I often thought to myself, I was glad that Lily and I had our lockers in the same corridor, though this time I could stand by her side as she took out her books for History class.

"You might as well be of some use", she joked, "if you're going to follow me around all day."

Laughing, she handed her books over for me to carry. I pretended to be a bit annoyed, but I don't think that I fooled her at all, because about a second later, she broke into laughter again, nudging me with an elbow as she shut her locker.

"Come on", she said, walking slowly down the line of lockers. "Which is yours?" she asked after a few yards, turning so she was walking backwards, looking at me where I stood still, watching her. I knew I had the silliest little smile on my lips, but couldn't bring myself to erase it.

"Six-seventeen", I answered her, and she stopped at the right one.

"Come on! We're getting late!" she called, when I still didn't move.

"Yeah", I said, sarcastically, "I wouldn't wanna be late for History."

Lily's POV

The morning passed like someone had pressed a fast forward-button. Cain walked me to all my classes, carrying my books for me (mwahahahaha!), and we sat next to each other in the (all too few) classes we had together. We earned quite a few stares as we walked down the hall hand in hand, but no one seemed really surprised to see us together. Emma's only comment was that she was a little disappointed I hadn't told her earlier, at which I shrugged my shoulder - I hadn't told Rose either, even though I'd actually met her just the day before, and she didn't seem bummed about it. I noticed that Jesse was unusually silent, nearly as quiet as Joel - which was quite alarming, but when I asked about it, he just mumbled incoherently and looked away.

When lunch came around, I had originally planned to sit with just Emma, Rose, Hanna, Jesse and Joel, but as neither Cain nor I wanted to sit apart, we all pushed our tables together, which made Emma and (mainly) Hanna (being the cheerleader she was) ecstatic, since Cain's customary lunch crowd were the popular people.

During the whole lunch hour, I could feel Jason's eyes on me. He kept flirting with me, but hadn't made a serious move since that time in the corridor nearly two weeks before. His intense stare was bothering me, but not as much as the frequent glares from his sister, Monica.

It bugged me that she wanted Cain so bad ( I mean she was WAY hot - even though I'd never admit that to her face - and wasn't that what guys went for these days?) but was glad that he kept ignoring her, only paying attention to me.

------------------

She confronted me that afternoon, when I went to the bathroom between French and Chemistry class, Cain waiting for me outside.

When I walked out from the toilet booth, the room was empty but from me and her, and I immediately knew that she was going for the bitch-move: threaten me to stay away from Cain. And since she was so clich\u00e9 and predictable, she came up to me when I was washing my hands, stopping about two inches before actually standing on my feet.

"What do you want, Monica?" I asked finally, turning to face her.

And then she brought her finger up to my chest and poked me. Actually poked me! I mean, come on!

"Stay away from him!" she whisper-yelled. See? Told you.

I didn't answer, but simply stared at her, my face straight, even though my fingers itched to hit he.

"Get your filthy hand off me, before I slap you so hard you'll need surgery", I said in an icy, calm tone.

I wouldn't ever really hit her, since I'm not a very violent person, but the threat seemed to work, because I could see a flicker of indecision in her eyes before she brought her hand down to her side and stepped back.

"I'm serious", she said in a desperate but futile attempt to regain part of her dignity.

"So am I", I retorted, turning back to finish washing my hands. "I'm staying with Cain - deal with it!"

I could feel her murderous glare, but I didn't spare her a second glance before she turned on her sky-high heels and stomped out of the room. I was truly a little impressed at her pace - it would have been impossible for me in those heels.

----------------------

When I got out from the bathroom, I could see Cain just getting off his cellphone, a concerned look on his face. As soon as he spotted me, however, a small smile started playing at his lips.

"Is there something wrong?" I asked him as he approached me and we started to walk down the hall.

"No", he lied quickly, and there was a short, awkward silence between us before he said with a more genuine smile; "You know, I never asked you to be my girlfriend."

I think my heart actually stopped for a second, before going off like a jackhammer.

"No", I agreed, "you didn't." And when he he looked at me in anticipation, I continued; "And not now either."

"Oh!" he said, and blushed slightly, making me smile. "Well then, Lily." He paused for a second and my heart skipped a beat as he took my hand in his and looked me straight in the eyes. "Will you be my girlfriend?"

I opened my mouth to answer, and then closed it again when nothing came out. Then I smiled.

"Of course."

His whole face went from slightly anxious at my silence to blinding happiness at my answer. His face was so beautiful in his joy that I lost my breath for a second, and I didn't have enough time to inhale again before he kissed me, making me weak at my knees in the middle of the crowded corridor.

I was getting very lightheaded because of the lack of fresh oxygen, when suddenly the bell shrieked for the students to get to class, and Cain stepped back, beaming down at me.

"I'll see you in an hour", he said, then turned to walk off to his Math class.

I couldn't stop smiling for several minutes, but then I remembered the look of his face before. It must have been something serious for him to look so worried, and I cursed myself for allowing him to distract me from subject. I sighed. Was he ever going to tell me what it was he'd been hiding from me?

--------------------------

(I've written over 100 pages by hand !!! This chapter ends at hand-written page nr 106 (excluding the supplements and extra's I've added both by hand and computer when i wrote it all over!!!!) iiiiiih!! *happy dance*)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

937 130 42
The topic of boys wasn't something Sanaa was fond of. A young 13 year old girl with a beautiful yet twisted mind occupies her time tackling day to da...
3.6K 180 9
Ashley was tasked by her best friend to sell a case full of coins they unearthed from the depths of a witch's workroom. Little did she know the conse...
538 40 16
Jaye Stone is dying. A mysterious disease has slowly been sucking the life out of her, with only a strange medicine keeping her alive. Hiding her gro...
1.4K 242 34
Meet Lily... the school's nerd who was trapped in her fantasy books and dreams, waiting for cute nerdy Grayson to notice her. Little did she know...