The Copyist (One Piece & OC)

By Thattorichick

A 19 year old girl is suddenly reincarnated into a battlefield as a young baby within the world of One Piece... More

Chapter 1: I'm Where!?
Chapter 2: My New Life
Chapter 3: Here Comes Luffy!
Chapter 4: Enter Sabo!
Chapter 5: Our Dreams!
Chapter 6: Love Punch!
Chapter 7: Family
Chapter 8: Treasure
Chapter 9: Take Off!
Chapter 10: The Idol has What!?!
Chapter 11: North Blue
Chapter 12: Oh My Beard
Chapter 13: Mayday!
Chapter 14: What a Croc!
Chapter 16: Find It Fast!
Chapter 17: Meet the Crew!
Chapter 18: Day 1 of 365
Chapter 19: Watch Out! Falling Boat!
Chapter 20: Upper Yard
Chapter 21: The Altar
Chapter 22: City of Gold
Chapter 23: Eneru's Scheme
Chapter 24: Ark Maxim
Chapter 25: Giant Jack
Chapter 26: A Balloon What?
Chapter 27: Welcome to G-8, Psych!
Chapter 28: Woah Waterfalls
Chapter 29: Galley-La Company
Chapter 30: Luffy's Decision
Chapter 31: Worrisome Ordeals
Chapter 32: Trapped on a Train
Chapter 33: Interference
Chapter 34: Enies Lobby
Chapter 35: Strawhats' Arrival!
Chapter 36: Finally, Freedom!
Chapter 37: The 8th Straw Hat
Chapter 38: Goodbye, Old Friends
Chapter 39: Water Seven's Wonders
Chapter 40: Our Next Adventure
Chapter 41: Enter the Fog
Chapter 42: A Sticky Situation
Chapter 43: Haunted Woods
Chapter 44: Night Raid
Chapter 45: Hidden Husband
Chapter 46: The Humming Swordsman/I OBJECT!
Chapter 47: Looming Threats
Chapter 48: My Vow
Chapter 49: New Resolves
Chapter 50: Enter the Groove
Chapter 51: Auction of Action
Chapter 52: Trouble Making Trio
Chapter 53: Poof!
Chapter 54: Out of the Frying Pan & Into the Fire
Chapter 55: Prison Break
Chapter 56: Fight to Flee!
Chapter 57: Final Preparations
Chapter 58: Into the Fray!
Chapter 59: Clash of Steel!
Chapter 60: Do or Die
Chapter 61: Our Next Steps...
Chapter 62: A New Season
Chapter 63: A Dark Gloomy Castle: Wish Granted
Chapter 64: Return to the Groove
Chapter 65: YOU'RE ALIVE?!?!
Chapter 66: Into the Deep
Chapter 67: Ugg, Water
Chapter 68: Fake Invite
Chapter 69: Water Fight
Chapter 70: Oh, Another Masterplan
Chapter 71: Hordy's Downfall
Chapter 72: Treasure Hunt Gone Bad
Chapter 73: The Crying Snail
Chapter 74: Enter the Playroom
Chapter 75: A Large 'Room'

Chapter 15: Hooked into the Situation

4.2K 120 1
By Thattorichick

 Previously:

"Guys, hang on tight!" Chopper happily shouts before pulling the reins on the grab. "All right! Let's go!"

*** Amaya's POV***

The giant crab then started to run sideways instead of forwards like expected on a steed. It continued to make its weirdly perverted face as he started to run? Crawl? I wasn't too sure, but it was surprisingly quick.

I looked in the direction of where my plane was hidden, hoping that Chi would stick to the plan and stay there. We were about to enter a war zone, and even if she is much stronger, I don't want her involved.

I happened to notice something catch the light in the distance, and that it was quickly gaining on us. It was a golden hook, connected to a string of sand.

Seeing that it was about to grab Vivi, I shoved her out of the way. Instead of grabbing her like originally intended, it now had a hold of my clothes. Just great.

I was yanked back by the hook as it started to return to Crocodile. Vivi screamed in shock when I shoved her earlier, gaining the attention of most of the crew.

"Stop! Chopper!" Zoro ordered after noticing me being pulled away.

I saw the grab slide to a stop, once again impressively quick.

"Ama!" Luffy called in the distance before stretching his arms out to grab the hook that was currently taking me away from them.

He gum-gumed himself over and switched places with me. Pulling his arm back once again, he slung me back to his crew, awaiting on top of the crab.

I returned at a faster pace than I did with my sudden departure. Luckily for me, instead of slamming onto the back of the crab, Sanji caught me. He then gently set me down.

"Nice catch, thanks!" I said with a small grin.

Sanji was probably about to respond in his usual way, but he was interrupted by Luffy before he could.

"You guys go on ahead! I can handle this myself!" Luffy called while being dragged away. He then landed harshly on the sand covered desert, upside down no less. "Make sure you deliver Vivi back to her home! Go!" Luffy ordered, from his still rather awkward position. He gave a large grin.

Everyone on the crab donned some faces of tough realization. Some were worried about their captain about to face off with Crocodile, and others about the perilous path they were about to take.

"That idiot," Zoro murmured. "Oi, Chopper! Keep going, to Alubarna!" He took command.

"G-got it! Hold on!" Chopper slapped the reins to get the crab moving once more.

"Hey Zoro, are we leaving him behind?!" Usopp started to freak out. "That's cold! From now on, you've got to protect me, got it?!"

Vivi started to cry out to Luffy, but his crew mates started to defend his decision.

After they said their pieces, I spoke out. "Don't underestimate his resolve." I said, giving her a calmer resting face than normal. "He'll return."

Vivi then seemed to come to a conclusion before turning back in Luffy's direction. "We'll be waiting for you in Alubarna, okay?!" She yelled at him, receiving a "yeah!" in return.

We continued on for a while, so I sat down and closed my eyes to rest until we arrived. It didn't last long until Vivi made a shocked sound.

"What is it?" Usopp asks.

"A sandstorm has appeared." Nami explained.

"It's him." Vivi furthered with a hard look.

I opened my eyes and glanced at the tornado looking sand storm. I know Luffy doesn't win this fight, but I know he'll make it back. With that in mind I closed my eyes once again.

"Hey why are you resting!" Usopp questions me. "I mean not even Zoro is sleeping right now. Aren't you worried about Luffy?!"

I opened one eye. "I'm just resting for one, and I trust my friend. What about you? Don't you trust your captain?" I returned the question.

"Of course I do!" He responded.

I closed my eye once again. "Then all is well. Instead, focus on how you will defend yourself once we arrive." I remind him gently to redirect his attention from worrying about Luffy.

After sometime, Usopp calmed down and started to tell his famous stories. For them being completely made up on the spot, they were actually quite entertaining. It was also cute to see Chopper hanging on to every word of the story like it was the truth, and Usopp's confidence growing from the praise.

Deciding I had enough rest, I sat back up and opened my eyes. The first thing I saw was Zoro lifting up a camel, using the side of his sword for training.

Nami seemed to have been watching for a bit. "Zoro, aren't you just wasting your energy doing that?" She semi scolded and questioned simultaneously.

"Shut up!" He responded.

"Just leave him alone, Nami-san." Sanji suggests. "If they aren't doing something, they can't keep focused. They're not that adapted, especially that muscle freak now that he's had a taste of the power the Seven Warlords have."

"Oi, what are you trying to say? Just spit it out." Zoro challenged the blonde, who wasn't even looking at him.

"Ah, you want me to say it? You're worried. You're worried about Luffy not making it back." He accused, while watching the sunset on the horizon.

"Who, me?! Scared?! Why you!"

"That's it!" Sanji retorted.

They started to square off only for Nami to pound them on top of their heads.

"Nami, save your energy. You'll need it for later." I comment.

"Oh, right!" She smiled slightly at me.

"As for Luffy," I turn to look at the boys. "Like I said before. He'll return. Nothing will keep him down, he will just bounce back." I look off into the distance, seeing if we are near our destination.

Seeming to focus back in, Nami starts to make plans for once we arrive, but I mostly tune them out until I hear Usopp's panicked voice once again.

"What?! The crab can't take us across the river!"

"Moving crabs are creatures of the desert, so they don't take to water." Chopper explained for the now dubbed "Pinchers" the crab.

"But it's a crab!" Usopp retorted. He then started to explain that there would still be a lot of desert to cross after we crossed the river.

"Hey, I can see the Sandora River!" Sanji pointed it out in the distance.

Nami then attempted to convince the crab to help us out. Chopper then remembered that the crab loved dancer girls, so Nami stripped to show her dancing outfit she's had on since the beginning of the journey.

Once the crab saw Nami, it went into overdrive, charging at twice the speed he was originally going. He entered into the water going the same speed before he started to sink into the water.

Zoro gave me a piggyback ride along with Chopper. Sanji was still too distracted with Nami's earlier stunt to have even noticed.

"Aren't there any boats?" Usopp asks Vivi. "How many kilos is the river anyways?"

"About 50 kilos," she responded looking ahead in the direction of our destination

"Thanks in advance for the lift Zoro." I comment after hearing the distance that he would have to carry me.

***

We eventually made it out of the river thanks to the help of some Kung Fu Dugongs that were super adorable.

Karoo and the Supersonic Duck Squadron showed up once we arrived to give us a lift to Alubarna. There wasn't a duck for all of us, so Chopper and I shared one since he was the smallest.

We rode and rode, creating multiple dust trails in our wake as we sped past the sand. All of us put on white cloaks with hoods, so that our enemy wouldn't be able to tell who was who.

I jumped from my duck onto Zoro's, making him look at me in question at my actions.

"Strictly speaking you would be the strongest of your current group, right?"

He nodded.

"The enemy might assume that I'm Vivi and follow me instead of her if I ride with you. They might assume that the strongest of the group would keep her safe, besides they don't know about me." I explained my thinking.

A higher pitched voice then echoed our direction, something about being too vague? Anyways, then something was shot at us, it looked like a baseball.

"Dodge it!" Zoro ordered the other before doing so himself.

Once we evaded it, the baseball blew up like a bomb. Nami on her duck and Zoro and I on ours split off from the group, headed towards a different gate from the rest.

Two of the Baroque agents started to run after us. One was a tall, tan man, and the other a lady with wild dark blue hair.

Once we made it into town, the ducks stopped, and the agents caught up.

"You're pretty good. How'd you know I was Vivi?" Nami questioned the agents still underneath her hood and making her voice a high pitch.

"W-what are you talking about! Clearly I'm Vivi!" Zoro tried to follow along, but his deeper voice made it obvious that that wasn't the case.

Deciding to join in the fun, I gave a small fake sniff. "Y-you guys, I can't have you take the fall for me! I-I'm Princess Vivi!" I said in a rather convincing persona of the princess.

The agents seemed to think so as well since they focused more on me after that small performance.

"I guess it's time." Nami comments.

"What a shame I was rather proud of that performance." I pout to myself.

Zoro pulls back the hood of his cape. He smirked in the direction of the agents, "Too bad you guessed wrong!"

After revealing ourselves, Nami started to cheer for Zoro after hiding behind me. "Go on, Zoro! Let them have it!" She called as the two ducks each raised a flapper in agreement.

"You keep quiet!" He responded back.

"How much was that debt, again?" She retaliated.

"You've already forgiven that!" He continued to bicker.

I could see the man and woman in front of us, speaking to one another; however, I couldn't hear what they said. Nami and Zoro were yelling on either side of me after all.

"Okay! That's enough of that!" I interrupt them. "Nami, you now owe me for hearing damage since you pulled me to this location before yelling at Zoro." I deadpanned before walking to the side a little behind Zoro. "I'll assist if needed but not before." I spoke.

Nami paled likely due to the thought of losing money, and Zoro nodded in acknowledgement to my statement.

After snapping to her senses, Nami started to bolt, attempting to leave the fight. She ran in front of a large marble beam.

The man, who I believed was Mr. 1, lunged at Nami, going to strike her down.

Zoro using his sword intercepted Mr. 1 from hitting Nami who had tripped in fear. The marble beam behind them then appeared to be slashed to ribbons. Cut in several sections longways before falling to the ground.

"I-it shattered?!" Nami questioned.

"No, it was clearly the work of a swordsman." Zoro comments, his eye never leaving his opponent. "You cut it, didn't you? With those arms?" He questioned the man in front of him. "That's an unusual body ya got there, huh?" He spoke.

"Indeed it is. I ate the Dice-Dice Fruit, making blades of my entire body. You're him, aren't you? The swordsman who is said to have cut down 100 men at Whisky Peak?" The tall man questioned in return after answering.

"Also, the pirate who, several years ago turned down an invitation to Baroque Works at East Blue, and cut down the Mr.7 at the time." The man's partner added on.

"It's you isn't it?" He asked Zoro again.

The green haired man scoffed. "There's a story that takes me back. That was your fault for not accepting my terms. I told your scout man back then this: I will join, if you make me your boss." He explained.

I laughed as did the blue-haired lady.

"Such a funny man," she comments.

"He then took a slash at me, so I just put him in his place. Would you like to try inviting me too?" Zoro challenged the two. "Right now, you guys are so ridiculous, I wouldn't even accept the position as your boss."

Mr. 1 started to visibly get irritated at Zoro's taunting. Both men then sprung towards each other, clashing swords in the middle.

"You've made quite the fool of me, huh?" He questioned.

"Well du," I comment. "I mean you're making it easy for him too. You're letting it get to you after all. Geez" I continue to pester the man before taking a seat on the ground to enjoy the show.

"Miss Double Finger," Mr. 1 calls, still pressing against Zoro and his two swords.

She interrupted him before he could continue. "You're going to tell me that you want to fight him, right? Very well. I'll just get the girls." She compromised.

"No, the redhead, too. She also carries a sword and a fiery tongue."

"Very well." Miss Double Finger replied before starting to slowly walk in a fashion model way towards the direction that Nami ran a while ago once she could.

"Oi, Nami!" Zoro attempted to warn her.

"She bolted when you two attacked each other earlier." I told him from my seat on the ground.

"Are you really just going to sit there?" He questioned.

"Yup! Until one of you is beaten, that is, why? Need some help?" I jokely ask with a teasing smile

"Don't interfere." He said, tying a black bandana on top of his head. Finally it looks like he's getting serious.

"Very well, you need to level up anyways before we spar."

He tactfully ignored my comment as he questioned Mr. 1. "So basically, your body is hard as steel. Unless I'm capable of cutting even steel, I can't cut you down, huh?"

"That would be correct. Smashing and cutting attacks don't work on me."

"I see. That bites. Since I'm not yet capable of cutting steel, I can't defeat you now."

I face palm at their conversation. "You both sound stupid telling your opponents your strengths and weaknesses." I comment.

"Well what are you going to do?" Mr. 1 asks Zoro, also ignoring my comments. Where's Chi when I need her? She'd listen.

"I'll sympathize with you. I've been waiting for a difficult situation like this. I've been thinking that it's about time for me to go to the next level. When I beat you, I'll be a man who can even cut steel." Zoro finished his speech by crossing two blades in a "x" shape in front of him.

"Huh...when you beat me huh? This might throw cold water on that enthusiasm of yours, but ever since I gained these abilities, I've never been given even a scratch by those who call themselves swordsmen." He brags.

I pop my head up in interest. "Aw man, now I want to fight him. Hurry up Zoro!"

They made one last quip towards each other before finally charging into battle. Zoro was mostly on the defense side of the match since his opponent was able to make blades out of any part of his body.

Mr. 1 continues to switch which limbs were attacking Zoro, keeping him on his toes. Zoro continued to be forced back until he surprised Mr.1 with a kick to his stomach.

Since he now had some breathing room, Zoro added his third sword, holding it in his mouth.

Zoro then did his famous "Onigiri" move, followed by "Tiger Trap" from above. A plume of smoke arose from the ground after the back to back techniques, showing that Mr. 1 was in a crater.

Zoro, now sweating up a storm, replaced his swords back into their holders.

Unfortunately for three sword style swordsman when the dust cleared, Mr. 1 stood there appearing unharmed.

"I told you, didn't I?" Mr. 1 said.

"It's a little shocking that you didn't even get a single bruise," Zoro admits. "This is also the first time my opponent is still standing when I thought that my attacks were solid."

"Of course since we never met before," Mr. 1 spoke as if that were only natural, despite his monotone voice.

Zoro just grinned like a mad man at the challenge.

Mr. 1 charged Zoro and unleashed one of his techniques named "Sparkling Daisy".

Really that's such a lame name for a battle move but whatever.

Anyways the building behind Zoro got shredded before Zoro himself was pushed into the crumbling walls. At least the move itself was useful, sadly it was useful against Zoro.

Zoro was crushed under a large piece of the building and stayed unmoving.

I stand up and walk over to the rubble, which he was under. "You're not giving up are you? Cutting steel with steel, sounds like a dream, right? But it's the sounds that provide the clarity." I speak to the still figure as I leaned against the wall that was crushing him. Oh maybe I shouldn't lean on it. Whoops.

"Hurry up and try to cut me swordsman," Mr. 1 complained.

"Give us a second." I took my sword from my belt still in its holder before sending an air slice in Mr. 1's direction.

He dodged, but part of the slice got his arm, giving it a small cut.

"Sorry Zoro, I accidentally hit him. I thought I went slow enough for him to dodge it all the way, but at least now you see your potential." I faced the rubble once again.

Zoro lifted the large stone off of him, holding it above his head. "Unfortunately, I don't think I can show you my valiant figure cutting steel." He paused before shifting his attention to Mr. 1. "Because when I cut steel, that's when you die." He spoke towards him.

"Makes sense." Mr. 1 agreed.

Zoro threw the building piece at him. "The sound and the cut that cuts nothing, huh?" I heard him speak to himself.

Zoro charged and unleashed a fury of attacks, ending with "Crab Claw". However, they left no effect since Zoro hadn't figured out the secret yet.

Mr. 1 arose again from the ground before turning his two arms into spinning blade drills. He told Zoro that he wasn't a swordsman but an assassin, and that hesitation led to death.

Zoro's blades were repelled by the quick spinning blades, which Mr. 1 took the opportunity to hit Zoro hard in the stomach with his blades. Zoro lost the grip on his swords and flew into a tower-like building, now bleeding, before harshly landing on the ground.

I went over closer to Zoro's swords in case he would want assistance. However, I won't jump in again unless he requests it since I already interfered in the battle once already.

I was confused. Why was Zoro losing so badly? Isn't this when he learned to cut steel in the original storyline?

Mr. 1 started to walk closer, still watching Zoro breathe heavily on the ground. "Still alive?" He asks.

Zoro forced himself to a sitting position to where his back wasn't facing his opponent. I sigh and quietly chuckle to myself at his action. Typical swordsman.

He then propped himself against the pillar he was thrown into earlier. "You're not even a swordsman. You won't understand even if I explain."

Mr. 1 scoffed. "I'm not even interested." He paused. "Star Break!" He attacked Zoro who didn't even move or have a way to defend himself. The pillar that was behind him looked like discs stacked on top of one another from the amount of cuts that were just served.

"Zoro!" I called out, seeing blood spray from his torso.

Mr. 1 turned around. "Die in peace." He said walking away from Zoro and towards me. "Now it's your turn." He told me.

I stood where I was unmoving and shook my head. "I refuse. This is Zoro's fight. You'll have to defeat him first." I spoke with a glare.

"What do you mean? You just saw what I did, look." He turned around to see where he left Zoro, only to see the swordsman standing.

"Why is he standing? After being cut so many times.." Mr. 1 started to question no one in particular.

"You underestimate the will of a true swordsman." I state before giving them a little room to work with.

Zoro seemed lost in thought. I grin at the sight. It must have figured it out, being so close to death. He then moved a random rock that had his sword underneath. The one from his childhood rival and friend.

"You! What did you do? Even when you're bleeding so much and took such a large attack?" Mr. 1 started to throw questions at Zoro. "There's no way you can still be alive!"

Yada yada yada classic villain freaking out. Let's get to the action. Hear the sounds, Zoro, and cut his steel already.

Zoro finally glanced at Mr. 1, giving him the time of day. "My sword is resonating with my soul." He claimed before swinging his sword at a tree branching without cutting it. Gotta admit that was pretty cool.

Mr. 1 started to sweat at seeing Zoro start to flex his new abilities of hear different objects resonate like rocks and walls.

"Now one question remains whether or not I really have the ability to cut steel." Zoro finishes by pointing his single sword at his opponent.

"It's hard to think that you can defend my attack using only one sword." Mr. 1 spoke. Why is it so hard to get a feeling for this man's emotions? He says everything so monotone no matter the situation.

"That's all right. I won't defend any more." Zoro states, watching the man like a hawk about to go in for the kill. The blood decorating his face didn't help get rid of that visual.
"So you're now prepared. Fine by me." Mr. 1 states before charging at Zoro full speed.

Zoro sheathed his sword, mentally preparing himself for his new attack. "One Sword Style: Lion's Song," Zoro says, releasing the sword once more.

After his special move, he replaced the sword back into his holder as his opponent fell behind him now bleeding from his new cut.

"I give you my thanks. I can become stronger still!" Zoro declares before falling onto his knees.

Mr. 1 looked back at Zoro. "What? Are you going to cut diamond or something, next?" He asks with a slightly disbelieving tone.

"That'd be a waste." Zoro answers, causing Mr. 1 to slightly smile before falling face first on the ground saying "You win."

Zoro removed his bandana from his head, signaling the official end of his fight.

I rushed over to him before sitting down on the ground next to him. I take out my emergency medical supplies I kept on my leg pouch.

"Took you long enough. Any slower and I wouldn't have anything left to patch up," I chuckled before getting to work on his injuries.

"Quiet you." He complained.

"But seriously from one sword wielder to another, congrats. You've made it to the next level. You heard it, right?" I smile at him before starting to disinfect his cuts.

"Yeah, I heard them." He responded. He seemed lost in thought as I started to wrap his many injuries, especially the ones around his torso. After a minute he seemed to snap out of his thoughts and notice how close I was to him. "W-why are you so close, woman!?!" He questioned with his face turning red.

Worried that it was due to his injuries, I continued to work. "I'm fixing up your wounds before you bleed out. Sorry if it makes you uncomfortable, please bear with me for a little longer."

"That's not the problem." He muttered.

I didn't understand what he meant since he didn't elaborate, so I continued to work on his injuries. After a couple of minutes, I was able to stop the bleeding and wrap up his major injuries before I ran out of medical supplies. I usually carried more in my bag, but it was with Chi.

"All done! I know you won't take it easy, but at least try not to twist so much. It'll help keep your wounds closed." I tell him before standing up. "Would you like me to grab your swords or you?" I ask.

"Sure, thanks." He answers as he slowly goes to stand.

"Room." I call, summoning the blue wall around the surrounding area. I felt for the swords using Law's devil fruit before picking up two stones in front of me. "Shambles." I order, making the stones switch for Zoro's two missing swords. I lower the blue wall.

Zoro stared dumbfounded. "What even is your power? I've seen you make a wax key, make the same smoke as that Marine captain, and now this."

I laugh. "I hold the Copy-Copy fruit. I'm able to copy the abilities of other devil fruit holders if I meet a couple of conditions." I explain.

"That's a handy power." He looked at his fallen opponent, having finished standing up. "Do you not want his?" He questioned me.

I shook my head before patting the sword on my waist. "I've got the only one I'll ever need right here. It was a gift from a treasured friend. A final memento if you will. I refuse to replace this with a power such as that." I claim.

Zoro nodded in agreement. "C'mon, we need to meet up with the others." He started to walk in an incorrect direction.

I grabbed his wrist. "They're that direction." I say pulling him the opposite direction.

"I-I knew that!" He insisted.

"Whatever ya say, Greenie. You could've just blamed your blood loss for a small mistake." I lightly laugh. "I wonder how the rest are?" I wonder aloud.

"I'm sure they're fine."

"I hope you're right. Luffy's picked a good crew from what I've seen." I smile, facing the direction that we were heading. I wonder what's next to do. I doubt finishing the minions will solve everything.

_______________________________________________________________________

Hope you enjoyed the chapter! Until Next Time...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.4K 795 35
Book 1: No Regrets, Right? --- It's been 2 years since the Battle of Marineford. 2 years since the straw hats were separated. After taking off from...
1.9K 74 34
Two years after that great war that broke out between the Mafia forces and the World Government in their headquarters in the middle of the ocean on G...
23.9K 736 30
This story is about a Young girl named y/n who lost their parents in a terrible ship wreck, At least that's what she was told. Soon after she reali...
267K 3.3K 33
HEY GUYS I DECIDED THAT I WOULD START WRITING ONESHOTS FOR ONE PEICE!! I WILL WARN YOU MOST CHARACTERS WILL PROBABLY BE OOC. SORRY I WILL ALSO DO LEM...