THE AMAZING SPIDER-BAT

By MCWriter732

After being bit by a radioactive Spider and the death of his parents, a young man goes around the world to tr... More

ORIGINS
ORIGINS: PART 2
ORIGINS: PART 3
ORIGINS: PART 4
THE PRODIGAL SON RETURNS
FIRST NIGHT
THE VIGILANTE
FEAR
FEAR PART 2
HARD HEADED
HARD HEADED PART 2
HUNTED
HUNTED PART 2
A COLD CHILL
A COLD CHILL PART 2
ONE BAD DAY
ONE BAD DAY PART 2
ONE BAD DAY PART 3
ONE BAD DAY PART 4
THE CAT AND THE BAT
MYTH AND LEGENDS
A NEW FACE FOR NEW YORK
BAT IN A MAZE
THE HORRORS OF THE LABYRINTH
SNAPPED
THE MONSTER WITH TWO FACES
SIDES OF A COIN
HOME INVASION
CITY OF OWLS
REUNIONS AND GOODBYES
CREATURE OF THE NIGHT
THE LIVING VAMPIRE BAT
CHEERDROPS
THE DEVIL AND THE BAT
ILLUSIONS AND MYSTERY
MASTER OF DECEPTION AND RIDDLES
PROTECTION
FULL ON ASSAULT
PENANCE
PENANCE PART 2
BREAKOUT
THE GOBLIN STRIKES
HISTORY REPEATING
NO GOING BACK
SACRIFICE
LONGING
KILLER REX
THE BLACK SUIT
MINERAL MAN IS BORN
THE GREAT TRUCK ROBBERY
MEETING HUSH
NO RESTRAINT
LINES WE CAN'T CROSS
THE LIGHT THROUGH THE DARKNESS
WE ARE VENOM!
WE ARE VENOM! PART 2
WE ARE VENOM! PART 3
CHOOSING HAPPINESS
RECRUITMENT
MEETING IN METROPOLIS
UNITED

CITY OF OWLS PART 2

55 2 0
By MCWriter732

Peter stands on a roof top, looking over a now safe New York City, feeling suspicious of the Court of Owls suicide.

"Is everything alright, sir?" Ben asks through his earpiece.

Peter stays silent for a moment.

"It doesn't make sense, Ben. Members of the Court, taking their own lives, just like that." Peter says.

"I rather think it does, sir. You've taken the city back from them." Ben points out.

"Then there's the money. The money siphoned from the dead members accounts in just the last few weeks... it feels like a set up." Peter replies.

"You saw them firsthand, Master Peter. The Court members are quite dead."

"Something just doesn't fit about this. There's something behind it. I can feel it. Someone close. Close all along."

"If I may speak freely, sir. Perhaps the thing that doesn't fit about this ending is that it is an ending."

Peter considers that Ben could be right for a moment, but he continues to think about the situation. After putting together all the facts he has, Peter makes a realization.

"Ben, the nights not over yet. I have to go after him." Peter says, jumping off the roof and swinging away.

"After who, sir?"

"The one behind him. The one I forgot." Peter says.

Moments later, Peter sneaks into the morgue and opens one of the drawers, seeing a note instead of a body. He picks it up and starts to read.

"Follow me down the rabbit hole?" The note says.

Peter crumbles the paper in his hand and starts to walk away.

"I'm right behind you." Peter says.

Later, Peter walks through The Willowwood Home for Children, a dark and abandoned hospital for children suffering from mental illness. He then stares down the dark end of the hall.

"I'm here." Peter says.

At that moment, Peter's spider sense goes off and he dodges a knife thrown at his head. After that, someone starts to step out of the shadows.

"So tell me, Spider-Bat... who? Who am I?" a voice asks.

Peter glares at the mysterious figure.

"I don't know. But you're not Lincoln Smythe. Because Lincoln Smythe doesn't exist. He's a paper man, set up by the Court of Owls." Peter says.

Lincoln steps out of the shadows with yellow eyes, pale white skin, and an evil grin.

"Good. So if I'm not Lincoln Smythe... then who am I?"

"You were a member of the Court of Owls, but you betrayed them just as everything was crumbling down. You invited the members of the Court to an emergency council, and you poisoned them. You made it look like they killed themselves. Meanwhile, you included your name on the list of targets, you had one of the Talons come after you and you faked your own death."

Lincoln chuckles, pulling out a suitcase.

"Not faked." He says.

"You took the serum. The compound that brought the Talons back to life."

Lincoln opens up the suitcase to reveal a special Talon suit.

"You know, you're telling me what I did... Not who I am. So who, Peter, who? I know you have a theory." Lincoln says, slowly putting on the suit.

"My theory? You were an inmate here at one point."

"So I was an inmate here when I was a child, and the court took me in... why?"

"Because you were someone with nothing. Someone they could create from scratch."

Lincoln gets angry.

"No! Because of who I already was! Who I am... You're avoiding the question, Peter. What tipped you off? What sent you to the morgue?"

Peter doesn't answer the question.

"SAY IT!" Lincoln yells.

"The cufflinks. The one's you were wearing when we met. I didn't recognize them at first, but all of a sudden it hit me. They're the same exact ones my father wore all those years ago."

"Yes, right again! It's me, Peter! Your brother, Richard Parker Jr. The brother that never was. From the other side of the mirror."

Peter is shocked by this.

"I don't have a brother." Peter replies.

"But you were supposed to. Our father loved someone else, other than your mother. But then, there was an accident that killed her. She just so happened to be pregnant. I was born early, born hurt. He left me here at Willowwood, while he moved on and had a happy family with you."

"My- Father wouldn't do that."

"Oh but he did little brother. And since he's not here to be punished. You'll have to pay for his sins."

Peter scowls at his brother, then presses his earpiece to talk to Ben.

"Ben... Is this true?" Peter whispers.

"My God...Your father told me about a woman he was once involved with. They were supposed to have a child, but they both died in a car accident. He didn't know the child survived." Ben says.

Richard Jr finishes putting on his special Talon suit.

"I'm going to make you pay, Peter. So finish talking to your butler, and let's have this out once and for all... for the city of New York. Parker to Parker...brother to brother. OWL TO BAT!"

The Talon charges at Peter as he shoots out his webs at him. Richard slices through the webs and swings at Peter's head. The hero dodges the strike then punches his brother across the face, causing him to laugh.

"That all you got, brother?"

Peter grits his teeth and punches him in the face again even harder.

"You're not my brother. You're a lunatic in a bird suit." Peter says.

Peter starts to land multiple strikes, now affecting the high-tech suit. He then kicks him in the chest, knocking him to his knee.

"Is it my turn now?"

Peter throws another kick that Richard catches.

"Good."

Richard then throws Peter through multiple walls easily.

"This suit was made to kill Spider-Bat. Something tough and modern, to challenge you at your best."

The older brother hits Peter across the jaw and knocks him through another wall. The hero slowly sits up, spitting out blood as he his grabbed by the throat and slammed into the wall.

"You know this is a story as old as man, Peter. Two brothers. Sons of a fabled line. One brother gets greedy and takes it all."

Richard's grip gets even tighter on Peter's throat.

"He takes the city for his own and forgets his kin. Leaves his fallen brother to rot. But don't worry Peter, because the fallen brother wins in the end."

Richard then pushes Peter through the wall and sending him falling outside towards the ground.

"All right, Lincoln. You want to be my fallen brother so bad..."

Peter shoots out a web onto Richard and pulls him down with him.

"...then start falling!" Peter says.

Richard starts laughing as he starts to fly using his suit.

"You want to spend a little more time together first? I'm glad. Let's go for a ride."

The two then fly up high through the city, while Richard slams Peter into buildings and windows. He then launches Peter into an old church bell, sending him tumbling down to the abandoned church.

After a few moments on his back, Peter slowly stands up, blood dripping down his face and mask, pulling out a glass shard from his shoulder. As Peter rips off his damaged mask, Richard crashes down through the roof.

"You just won't stay dead- will you brother?"

Peter spits out blood and prepares to fight.

"Not tonight." Peter says.

Richard takes off his mask, looking at his little brother.

"I prefer it this way. Face to face."

"Just shut the hell up already."

Peter then runs at Richard and tackles him to the ground, landing multiple hard hitting punches on his older brother. Richard dodges the last punch thrown and kicks Peter off of him. As the two get to their feet, Richard throws a punch. Peter catches it, knees him in the gut and slams him face first into the wall. The hero then lands a headbutt and throws him across the room.

Richard then pulls out knives a throws them at Peter. Peter dodges them, getting cut across his face and a knife in his forearm. As he pulls out the knife, Richard runs at him landing punch to Peter's gut and another to his jaw. Peter quickly dodges a punch a kicks Richard in the leg, knocking him to the ground.

As Richard slowly gets up, Peter goes for a punch but his older brother catches it and flips him to the ground. The hero gets up to his feet, lands an uppercutn, a right cross, and a left jab. He then pushes him into a wall and lands a jumping three sixty kick, knocking him through it.

He then follows in after him and puts him in a choke hold.

"This will never be over, Brother! I'll always be here! Reaching for you from the other side of your reflection!"

Peter then snaps his neck, taking advantage of his healing factor. He then calls into the cave.

"Ben."

Ben breathes a sigh of relief.

"Thank goodness. Is it over, Master Peter?"

Peter stays silent for a moment, staring at his unconscious older brother.

"Yeah... yeah it's over... it's finally over."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85.3K 1.9K 33
all the story ideas I have on spiderman related stories or spiderman crossover stories
537 3 40
Two superhumans had been casted out of their homes, one chose to be good and the other chose to be bad. But those two had a daughter. The good moth...
8.5K 181 6
A classic 5+1 story, basically Peter getting hurt or sick and Tony comes to his rescue.
352 44 16
Terror-stricken and helpless, Gotham City is a modern-day, suburban super city that is infested with criminals, drugs and filth. On the verge of bank...