THE AMAZING SPIDER-BAT

By MCWriter732

After being bit by a radioactive Spider and the death of his parents, a young man goes around the world to tr... More

ORIGINS
ORIGINS: PART 2
ORIGINS: PART 3
ORIGINS: PART 4
THE PRODIGAL SON RETURNS
FIRST NIGHT
THE VIGILANTE
FEAR
FEAR PART 2
HARD HEADED
HARD HEADED PART 2
HUNTED
HUNTED PART 2
A COLD CHILL
A COLD CHILL PART 2
ONE BAD DAY
ONE BAD DAY PART 2
ONE BAD DAY PART 3
ONE BAD DAY PART 4
THE CAT AND THE BAT
MYTH AND LEGENDS
A NEW FACE FOR NEW YORK
BAT IN A MAZE
THE HORRORS OF THE LABYRINTH
SNAPPED
THE MONSTER WITH TWO FACES
SIDES OF A COIN
HOME INVASION
CITY OF OWLS PART 2
REUNIONS AND GOODBYES
CREATURE OF THE NIGHT
THE LIVING VAMPIRE BAT
CHEERDROPS
THE DEVIL AND THE BAT
ILLUSIONS AND MYSTERY
MASTER OF DECEPTION AND RIDDLES
PROTECTION
FULL ON ASSAULT
PENANCE
PENANCE PART 2
BREAKOUT
THE GOBLIN STRIKES
HISTORY REPEATING
NO GOING BACK
SACRIFICE
LONGING
KILLER REX
THE BLACK SUIT
MINERAL MAN IS BORN
THE GREAT TRUCK ROBBERY
MEETING HUSH
NO RESTRAINT
LINES WE CAN'T CROSS
THE LIGHT THROUGH THE DARKNESS
WE ARE VENOM!
WE ARE VENOM! PART 2
WE ARE VENOM! PART 3
CHOOSING HAPPINESS
RECRUITMENT
MEETING IN METROPOLIS
UNITED

CITY OF OWLS

48 2 0
By MCWriter732

As the Talons try to open the door, the temperature starts to lower slowly.

"He's trying to freeze us, brothers." One of the Talons says.

Spider-Bat drops down behind them, glaring intensely.

"Get the hell out of my house." Peter demands.

One of the Talons throws a slow punch that Peter easily blocks, knocking him out with a right hook. Another one slowly runs towards the hero and gets kicked in the chest and knocked back into the wall. Peter then shoots out a web net, trapping the last two Talons against the wall.

"Uncle Ben, Give me the names that the owls haven't got to yet."  Peter says, web swinging out of the cave.

"I'm afraid there's not a lot of names left alive, sir."

Peter is silently angry at both the court and himself for not being there.

"Patch me through to Stacy."

Peter is patched through to Commissioner Stacy.

"Stacy, the Court of Owls are making there move."

"I've noticed, we've got reports that people dressed as Owls around the city, leaving nothing but blood and carnage. We're trying our best to protect who we can, but without targets names we're just chasing smoke."

"I'm sending over a list of targets. You and the NYPD need to protect them, I'll protect the others. This ends tonight."

"Copy that."

Peter hangs up and calls Ben back.

"Lincoln Smythe is on this list.  That's where I'm going first."

Soon Peter lands infront of Smythe's home. He sees the door cracked open. The hero carefully walks through the dark home, searching for Lincoln.

"Mr. Smythe! I'm here to help you!" Peter yells.

He walks upstairs and enters a room, where he sees a dead Talon on the ground and Lincoln holding a smoking gun, with a knife in his chest.

"It's...you."

Peter rushes over and tries to help Lincoln.

"You're going to be alright, Mr. Smythe. An ambulance will be here at any moment."

Lincoln slowly reaches into his pocket and gives it to Peter.

"Listen....take this....three names...all three of them are in the court of owls... give it to Peter Parker.... tell him... you have to tell him, to fight them. This city... it's worth it. It can be good again."

Lincoln then dies Peter closes his eyes, saddened that he couldn't save him. The hero soon realizes that he can't mourn the loss for long, as there is more people that he needs to save.

Meanwhile, a man named Burton Crowne cowers in fear, holding his wife and son as multiple Talons surround them.

"Burton Crowne, the Court has sentenced you to death." One of the Talons says.

"Please, I'm begging you, don't hurt my family." Crowne begs.

At that moment, Spider-Bat comes in through the window, rolls across the ground and punches a Talon across the face. He then jumps up in the air, kicks one in the chest and punches the other one in the face. He then webs another Talon in the face and spin kicks him in the face.

"Run! Now!" Peter tells the family.

As the Crowne family runs, a Talon throws a knife straight at Burtons head, Peter quickly throws a batarang to knock it off course.

A Talon tries to stab Spider-Bat, but Peter grabs him by the wrist, hits him with a headbutt. He then tackles him to the ground and slams his head repeatedly against the ground. Two more Talons pull out swords and charge at Peter. The hero quickly and accurately dodges the blades while throwing strikes of his own. He then pump kicks one of them in the chest, while avoiding a blade coming straight for his throat.

Peter then lands a spinning backfist across the Talons face and a right hook that takes out the Talon. At that moment, two more Talons come up from behind Peter, but Catwoman swings through the already broken window a kicks the Talons through the staircase and down to the ground.

Peter looks at Felicia and smiles.

"Don't look at me like that. I just wanted to get even with these guys for almost killing me."

"If you say so." Peter says.

He then calls Ben.

"Ben, I need an update."

"All the Talons have been taken care of, Master Peter. The NYPD were able to protect all the targets, with minimal casualties."

Peter then looks at the piece of paper that Lincoln gave to him.

"I know where they live, Ben."

"Really, sir?"

"They came to my house. Now I'm going to burn theirs to the ground."

Peter then jumps out of the window and swings away as Felicia smiles at him.

"You sure do know how to pick'em, Cat."

She then sees pearls nearby and pockets them while whistling.

At the Court of Owls hideout, a woman walks into the room, shocked to see it destroyed. She quickly runs towards the elevator, but when it opens, Spider-Bat is standing there inside.

"Going down?"

"You- you can't be here." The woman says.

He then shows her an owl mask, surprising her yet again.

"That's- not Joseph's."

"I know, Mrs. Powers. It's yours. I found the case for your husband's mask, but it's empty. Where is he?"

Mrs. Powers smirks.

"Gone. Out of the country. You might think you have the upper hand, Spider-Bat. But you don't. You never will! In fact, if I were you, I'd leave the city and never come back."

Peter then leans in, intimidating her.

"And if I were you. I'd get used to being in a cage."  He says, leaving.

"Your scare tactics worked, sir. She's dialing her husband now." Ben says over the ear piece.

"Tell me you can track the call, Ben." Peter says, swinging through the city.

"Already sending the location to your suit now." Ben says.

As he receives the location, he starts to swing with increased speed, ready to end the court of owls once and for all.

He kicks open a door to an old house in an abandoned area of New York. Peter looks around, finding nothing but a owl statue, smashing it on sight. He then looks over and sees a secret passageway going down. When he makes it to the courts hideout, he sees people in owl masks sitting at a table. Peter takes a closer look at them, taking the mask off of one of them, revealing them to be dead by suicide from drinking poison.

Peter gets frustrated that none of the members of the Court will face justice for their crimes.

"Damn you...Damn you all." Peter says.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1 0 1
A young man, devastated with grief, decides to take on the criminals of his city, and bring them to justice.
4 0 25
A group of teens are kidnapped by evil Dr. Parker and injected with a mystery serum and drops them back off safe and sound at home. Yet they start to...
383 3 10
Gotham City: the definition of crime. The mob, gangs, and organized crime had dominated the streets. The police are mere annoyances to the law breake...
3.2K 121 12
WARNING: homelessness, starvation, blood/wounds, knifes, metioned suiside, mentioned abuse, swearing It's nothing gory or in great detail, just added...