The Unknown

By heartlessbrock

Third book to Chaos series. Enjoy. More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
112
113
114
115
116
117
118
119
120
121
122
123
124
125
126
127
128
129
130
131
132
133
134
135
136
137
138
139
140
141
142
143
144
145
146
147
148
149
150
151
152
153
154
155
156
157
158
159
160
161
162
163
164
165
166
167
168
169
170
171
172
173
174

103

1.2K 42 8
By heartlessbrock

I didn't understand why my head was suddenly killing me so much.

It was such an intense version to any headache I have ever had before and I honestly thought my head would explode.

When Colby left I immediately started crying, wishing he would stay and help me. Of course, there was nothing he could do. I was just being a little baby.

I ended up crying myself to sleep, hoping it would make the headache go away.

I don't know how long I was asleep for before I woke up, the headache still there. It wasn't nearly as intense but it was most definitely still there.

"Fuck." I grumbled and got out of bed. I needed to check on the kids and make sure they were still okay.

I didn't know if Sam and Colby were back but I wanted to talk to them to try and get some information.

Clearly they weren't going to involve me in any of this but I knew I needed to have some information.

If people were after me and my daughter, I needed to know.

I slowly made my way down the hallway with my IV pole next to me. I think the IV was keeping me from passing out or throwing up.

When I got to the kids' room I opened the door to see them all huddled around the TV while little Sam and Carter played some game.

"Sissy!" Juniper said with a smile as she looked over. "You guys okay?" I asked as Jenna turned.

"Yeah, how's your head?" She asked as I shook my head. "Been better. Is Colby back?" I asked as she shook her head.

"He hasn't been in here." She said as I nodded. "Okay, I'm gonna go lay down again." I said quietly then turned to leave the room.

"Julia?" Nate asked as I walked down the hall. "Hmm?" I asked and looked over at him. "You okay? You don't look so good." He said as I nodded.

"I'm fine. Just have a headache. Are Sam and Colby back?" I asked causing him to laugh.

"Honestly I didn't even know that they left." He said as I nodded. "I'm gonna check their office's. It's nice of you guys to give Colby an office by the way." I said as he chuckled.

"He deserves one. After everything that's happened we need him as much as he needs us." He said with a smile.

"We appreciate all you're doing for us." I said as we made our way down the hallway. "We love you guys." He said then patted my back.

"Gotta get back to work, but let me know if you need anything." He said then went to go down the hallway as I approached Colby's office.

"Have fun." I said then knocked on the door. I waited for a second before entering the office, seeing it was empty.

"Hmm." I mumbled then went into the room. I wasn't super familiar with this office since it wasn't always Colby's.

I wanted to snoop a little bit anyways.

When I walked into the office I closed the door then sat behind his desk so I could look around a little bit.

I knew Colby would absolutely kill me for going through his shit but I didn't care.

I needed this shit to be over before the baby came.

"Hmm.." I hummed and looked through the papers on his desk. There wasn't much information other than a piece of paper with a phone number on it.

I grabbed the piece of paper then flinched as the door opened.

"Jules? What are you doing in here?" Colby asked as I looked over at him. "I was waiting for you to come back." I said as he narrowed his eyes.

"My IV is almost done." I said and looked up at the near empty bag.

"Okay, do you want another one?" He asked as I nodded. "My head is still killing me." I said as he came over and helped me up.

"Let's get you back to the infirmary." He said as I nodded and let him lead me out.

I kept the phone number that I stole cupped in my fist until he turned slight so I could shove it in my pocket. I felt bad for not being totally truthful but  it wasn't like I was totally lying to him.

I was waiting for him to come back, and my IV was running low.

He didn't ask if I was snooping.

We made our way down the hallway and towards the infirmary.

"Julia." Colby said once we got in the room. "Yes?" I asked and sat on the bed.

"What were you doing in my office?" He asked as I sighed. "Waiting for you." I said as he sighed. "Listen, Jules." He said and crouched in front of me, taking my face in his hands.

"I can't have you doing anything stupid." He said calmly. "I'm not doing anything stupid." I said as he nodded, leaning forward to kiss my head.

"Our daughter's life depends on it." He said then went to get the new IV bag.

I felt like something was wrong or something went wrong because he was acting weird.

Or he was angry with me.

"What happened?" I asked quietly. "What? Nothing." He said then looked up at me.

"Are you sure?" I asked quietly as he set up my IV. "I'm just stressed out, sweetheart." He said quietly.

"This was all hard enough without figuring out how to safely bring a baby into the world." He said and sat next to me, looking at my belly.

"I need her to be safe and I need you to be safe. That's what I care about." He said as I nodded.

"And I need you to be safe." I said as he reached over and out his hand on my belly.

"You should get some rest." He said then stood up. "Lay with me?" I asked as he grinned. "Sure, for a little while." He said then slid into the small bed with me.

"She's kicking. I think she's already in love with you." I said and tried to guide his hand to where the baby was kicking.

"I can't feel anything." He said as I sighed. "May be too early for you to feel but our girl is excited that you're snuggling with us." I said as he nodded and tried to relax.

"Colby, please talk to me." I said and looked up at him. "About what, darling?" He hummed, aimlessly playing with my hair.

"What's bothering you. I know it's something." I said as he sighed and kissed my head. "Nothing that concerns you. Other than I guess how we are going to tackle getting you and the baby checked out." He said and looked at me with a look on his face I couldn't figure out.

I don't think I've ever seen him this stressed out.

"We'll figure it out, Colby. We always do." I said and brought my hand to his cheek. "Yeah. You're right." He said with a sigh.

"I really should get back to work." He said as I frowned. "Already?" I asked as he nodded and kissed my head.

"I'll be back in a little bit. Get some rest." He said then left the room. I sat up and frowned, looking over at the door that he just left out of.

I knew Colby was under a lot of stress but he never disregarded me the way he was right now.

I couldn't help but feel guilty that he caught me snooping in his office, but he doesn't know what I found.

I pulled out the phone number and looked at it for a second before I added it to my phone and stuffed it into my pocket.

I felt bad for hiding this from Colby but I didn't know if I would even do anything with this information.

Part of me knew I had to get involved if we were going to get rid of the people that were after us. I understood how the crime world worked by now.

I was the one that fucked up and Colby couldn't save me from the mistakes I made.

I only laid down for a couple minutes before I went to go find Colby. I was so worried that he was mad at me or that he was going to do something stupid.

I made my way down the hallway and towards his office again. I noticed as I walked that nobody would even look at me. I knew it was probably because Colby threatened them, but I trusted all these people to not fuck with me.

Since I was pregnant I would fuck with any of them back and kill them easily if they did.

When I got to Colby's office I knocked softly on the door causing Colby to groan angrily. "WHAT?!" He yelled as he snatched the door open.

"Jules." He said with a sigh, his eyes softening. "What are you doing, you're supposed to be resting." He said and stepped to the side so I could walk into the room.

"I feel like something is going on with you." I said quietly as he closed the door. "I'm just stressed, sweetheart. It's nothing for you to worry about." He said and went to sit behind his desk.

"I am worried though, Colby." I said then shifted uncomfortably. "Come here." He said with a sigh and pushed away from his desk so I could come sit on his lap.

"I promise I'm going to do everything I can to make this as easy as humanly possible for you and the kids. I don't want you to stress or worry because this baby needs to be the most important thing to you right now." Colby said and brushed my hair behind my ear.

"I'm gonna be stressed but it's because I need you and the kids to be completely safe during this." He said as I frowned.

"You need to be safe, too." I said with a frown. "Julia, I just need you to trust me. I know you can do that." He said as I nodded.

"I trust you with my life." I said as he nodded before pulling me in for a gentle kiss. "I need you to promise me you won't do anything stupid." He said as my heart sank.

I didn't know if I could make that promise, knowing Colby and my family was on the line.

Nothing I could or would do would be stupid though.

"I promise." I whispered, feeling those words hanging heavily in the air.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13K 124 23
there's some swearing and stuff ykyk not gonna say anything hope you enjoy it :) trigger warnings will be in the beginning of each chapter!!!⚠️⚠️ 26...
612K 13.8K 181
The third book to the Lucky series. Hope you enjoy!
775K 19.5K 113
MATURE DO NOT READ IF YOU ARE SENSITIVE OR TOO YOUNG Sequel to Addicted. I'll fill this part out later bc as usual, I just don't know yet. Hope you e...
61.8K 1.4K 35
((Book 1 of Two Lovers series)) Colby, Sam's boyfriend, has two personalities: there's Colby, the good, and Cole, the bad. What happens when Sam meet...