Taking Chances

NicoleSantos473 द्वारा

Actress Catherine Zeta-Jones just divorced from her husband and met a girl that turned her world around. Two... अधिक

Characters presentation
Chapter 1 - Bumped
Chapter 2 - We met again
Chapter 3 - Call me maybe
Chapter 4 - New York minute
Chapter 5 - Unexpected surprises
Chapter 6 - A place in my heart
Chapter 7 - Shattered
Chapter 8 - Melting
Chapter 9 - Notes played
Chapter 10 - Firsts
Chapter 11 - Memories
Chapter 12 - Love and caffeine
Chapter 13 - I can't help
Chapter 15 - Mumbles
Chapter 16 - In the arms of love
Chapter 17 - Next chapter
Chapter 18 - My funny valentine
Chapter 19 - She looks so perfect
Chapter 20 - Change of hearts
Chapter 21 - Christmas in the air
Chapter 22 - Teen crush
Chapter 23 - Sweet
Chapter 24 - Mine
Chapter 25 - Marked

Chapter 14 - It's a girl

352 10 4
NicoleSantos473 द्वारा

Patricia's POV

I was making sure everything was ready and in it's place, I prepared the food for when they arrive and already set the table. Catherine was coming home and she said she was bringing someone for us to meet.

She called me last week

"Hello Mam"

"Hello sweetie"

"How are you and dad?"

"We're great, we miss you"

"I miss you too"

"When are you coming?"

"Next week but the kids are not coming, they'll spend summer break with their father"

"Oh I miss my beautiful babies"

"They miss you too, they're coming on thanksgiving"

"Ah that's great"

"Mam, actually I'm bringing someone I want you to meet"

"Is that so, who is it?"

"I met her a few months ago"

"Oh"

"She's really special"

"Alright then darling, we'll be waiting you"

I was curious about this girl, Catherine is very serious about relationships with anyone in her life so if she's bringing her here she must be really special.

"Was that Catherine?" My husband asked

"Yes honey, she's sending you a hug" he smiled, she's daddy's girl.

"When they're coming?"

"Next week but she said the kids are with their father so they're not coming"

"Ah what a pity I was eager to see my grandchild"

"She's bringing someone though"

"Who?"

"It looks like she's dating someone and it's a girl"

"A girl?"

"Yes, she sounded happy".

David was picking them up from the airport, we were anxious to meet this girl, Catherine sounded happy on the phone.

When they arrived I quickly went to the entrance to greet them, I missed my girl.

"Oh mam is so good to see you" Catherine said hugging me. I'm always trilled when my baby is home. When I eased my grip around her and let go of our embrace I saw a girl smiling at us.

"Mam this is Isabella, Isa this is my mam"

"It's very nice to meet you Mrs Jones" the girl said smiling, she looked like a nice girl, quite young thought.

"Is nice to meet you, please call me Patricia" I said shaking her hand and leading us to the living room. I went to prepare us tea as Catherine gave her a tour of the house. When they got back we sat and talked, I got to know Isabella, she's a very sweet girl.

After dinner Isabella was in the living room with David, my other son and my granddaughter, they were looking at old family albums, I was in the kitchen with Catherine.

"So, what do you think of her?" Catherine asked nervously.

"She seems to be a very nice girl"

"She is" She said proudly

"But isn't she too young?"

"She's very mature and independent for her age"

"Just like you" I said smiling and remembering Catherine at this very age.

"Honey all I want is for you to be happy, and if this girl makes you happy I already love her" I said and she hugged me

"Thank you mam"

She said and we went back to the living room.

"Cath you were so cute, look at these chubby cheeks" Isabella said showing Catherine a picture of when she was a baby.

"Oh no, not my baby pictures" Catherine said blushing then started laughing making everyone laugh too.

....

The girls were in the kitchen, Isabella was helping Catherine to cook something

"You have to put this first" She said laughing

"Oh this is so complicated" Catherine whined

"Careful with your hands babe" Isabella said.

Catherine gave up whatever she was cooking and was now hugging Isabella.

She seems to care a lot about Catherine.

David walked in looking over my shoulder, we were watching them from the living room. They were laughing at something.

"She looks happy" David said

"She sure does" I replied

After what Michael did our girl seemed a little lost, she's so brave, it's good to see her brighten up again.

....

After breakfast we went downtown to show Mumbles to Isabella. We had lunch in one of our favorite restaurants then we went to Mumbles Pier, the girls went to get ice cream. David and I walked alongside the bay, then we sat on a bench looking at them. We love Catherine for everything she is and became, we are very proud of our girl and seeing her smiling like this is the greatest thing for a parent. By dinner time they went to eat out and we got back home.

....

It was early in the morning, the house was so quiet, I like to get up early. I was in the kitchen preparing breakfast when Isabella walked in.

"Good morning Patricia" She said smiling

"Good morning dear, come sit, I'm making tea"

"Thank you"

"Catherine said you cook very well" I said looking at her seeing her cheek become slightly pink.

"It's a passion I had since I was a kid, I was always by my grandma side when she was in the kitchen"

"That's so sweet, I tried with Catherine but she'd rather be dancing around the house" I said and we both smiled

"Would you like to learn a welsh recipe?"

"I'd love to"

"Come here, we'll make welsh cakes"

"I'm so excited" she said beaming

"We need 220g of self raising flour

55g caster sugar

110g margarine or butter

1 or 2 handfuls of raisins

1 egg

Spices

A pinch of salt

And if the mixture is too dry add a little bit of milk"

She helped me mixing everything.

"Okay now you roll out the mixture on a floured board, to about a quarter inch thick and cut using a 2 inch cutter, then cook on a greased pan on a medium heat for about 4 to 5 minutes each side."

"Thank you so much for teaching me this recipe, it was so special" she said and we smiled.

"What are my girls doing so early?" We heard Catherine say entering the kitchen.

"Morning mam" She said kissing my cheek.

"Good morning honey"

"Good morning sweetheart" she said hugging Isabella.

"Good morning Cath"

"Oh you're making welsh cakes!"

....

We drove the girls to the airport. It's always marvelous when Catherine is home and it's good to see her this happy.

"Goodbye mam, goodbye daddy, thank you for everything" Catherine said hugging us.

"Goodbye Mr and Mrs Jones, thank you so much for having me, it was a pleasure meeting you" Isabella said and we hugged her.

"We loved meeting you Isabella, we hope to see you again"

"Have a safe trip" David said

"And bring our babies too next time" We said laughing.

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

I, Love द्वारा

फैनफिक्शन

17.3K 512 61
Jennifer is on the back end of her relationship with Alex and soughts out comfort in her long-time best friend, Leah. But then, someone unexpected po...
57.5K 2K 43
Graduating from Law School, you moved to California to begin your awaited journey. A part of your journey is bumping into Charlie Barber, A successf...
1.1K 24 10
Casey Jones calls Raphael one night, it all spirals from there in the great city of NewYork.
235K 6.5K 46
Working a new movie, could you finds yourself catching feelings for the lead actress.