Titan Turn; A TDS Story

By OK1610

Gravedigger had always been the missfit of the family. With his new friend however, he finds his place in the... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Chapter 38 (Halloween Special)
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53

Chapter 36

158 4 2
By OK1610

Two weeks... Almost three. Three weeks since thier lives had changed. Gone were the evenings they spent together...Gone were the fighting lessons in the mornings.. Gone were the visits they used to make to other Titans... Gone were the adventures they used to go on... Gone were the smiles that took so long to form back after Krampus had left...

Frost Spirit wasn’t blind. The elders tried to keep their spirits up but he could tell they were faking it. People were losing hope, how could they not? An uncharted dimension, an unstable portal, a reluctant magic wielder. Spells disaster all together. He watched several meetings go nowhere.. They always ended up with an argument.. Something broke the day Grave and Fallen disappeared. Just like when Krampus had.. His father... How delusional do you have to be to hold on to the hope that after three years he would still be alive?
Why would Gravedigger even care that much anyway? He wasn't his parent, not even his uncle if we were to speak the truth.. So why do it? Why... Why.. Why? To prove something? To show off? No. Can't be. Grave's smarter than that...

Frost traced the notes hung up on the board with his finger. He found himself quite often looking over the planning done by Grave and that weird Tower. In the room that was once his cousin's... A place of memory.
More and more people were acting like everyone that passed through the portal died... And maybe they aren't wrong. Maybe it would be best to keep the portal shut... Destroy it before someone else makes the mistake of activating it...

However, part of him still held onto to the smidge of hope that at least his cousin and uncle could make it out alive..There was no way his father was alive but at least them.... Ughh!
Why couldn't that little-...j-just keep his nose out of it?!
Why after so many years did Grave decide to play the hero?... And why him? Frost looked back towards the writing on the wall with a huff, it was Titan tongue no doubt. He can tell what some of the symbols are but whole words? Even his uncle could barely read them. Titan magic is hard to manage, the words themselves aren't complicated but the precision with which they have to be said is. A wrong letter and everything could go up in flames... Or so he was told. And yet, here was his little cousin, barely a Titan himself, opening a gateway older than his own father on his first try. Why him..? How-?

The door creaked open slowly, a little red eye peaking through. Frost recognised the small nose and chubby cheeks under the eyes immediately, his little brother had come through.

"What'cha doing here?" asked Ducky as he wandered in, closing the door behind him.

"Reading."

Ducky puffed, his dear older brother and his stupidly short answers.
" What'cha reading?" he pressed, smiling cheekly at the young man.

Frost sighed, "... Aren't you supposed to be with Molten?"

"Ms. Medic is with him. Said she had something important to do wit'im."

Frost's shoulders tensed, his breathing even, "And you left him alone with her?"

Ducky raised his hands in defense, "H-hey.. You know Medic's nice! Molten likes her a lot! I am sure he is fine!"

Frost fully turned towards Ducky, a slight edge to his gaze, "What did uncle say when we got here?"

Ducky backed away a little, "W-wha?.. Oh. Umm, always stick together?"

The older Titan crossed his arms over his chest, "And what did you do?"

"... Left him." answered Ducky as he swallowed the lump in his throat.

Watching Ducky shudder ever so slightly under his gaze, made Frost feel a bit of guilt eat at him. Tensions were high but maybe he shouldn't have been so cold.. His brother was just a little child after all...
He let out a small sigh before wrapping an arm and, by extension, his coat around Ducky, pulling him close to his chest. The smaller one almost instantly hugged him back tightly, hiding his face in his older bro's shirt. A few small tears escaped the young figure holding onto him, making Frost Spirit feel even worse.

"Ducky... I am sorry.. I didn't mean to scare you...But things have been...rough. To say the least. And now more than ever we gotta stick together. Just like uncle Sinister said when we got here the first day, right?
No man left behind. Have each other's backs when no one else does." he whispered, rubbing cricles around the child's back.

Ducky mumbled a small "Mhm", brushing his tears away with his hoodie's sleeves.

"Good. Now let's go find Molten."
Frost gave him a last pat on the back before leading him to the medbay.

No matter how many times it happens, it still makes Frost Spirit uncomfortable. The pair of eyes staring at them every time a Tower passes by. Even if it's a short walk from the dorm room to the medical area, he just couldn't avoid them. He felt the glares seep into his soul. Some were of pity, others of fury... Some were of caution, others of warning. He hated having that many eyes on him. If the ground could swallow him whole just to avoid them he would be happy. But he had to be strong. He wasn't a child anymore, Ducky needed him. Molten needed him. His uncle relied on him to protect his brother and cousin whilst he was away trying to come up with a plan to reunite their family.
Frost pushed the thoughts away, finally reaching the room Molten had been designated to. When he pushed down the handle the door didn't budge...They never locked this door. A slight panic engulfed his soul as his mind started racing. What was that nurse doing to Molten?! Why lock the door?! What-

A small click was heard from inside, Medic carefully cracked the door open. She locked eyes with a frozen Frost Spirit. Smiling shyly at his frightened face she began, "Oh boys, I am so sorry! Didn't mean to worry you! We-"

"What were doing to him?"

Frost Spirit was more Tower sized compared to his elders but his cold voice and blue glare were enough to make up for it as an intimidation factor. Ducky peaked from behind him at Medic, eyes more curious than afraid. She smiled to herself for a second, she couldn't blame the young man for his distrust nor the little one for his boldness.

She straightened up before speaking, "Well, I wanted it to be a bit of a surprise. Some good news in these trying times, you see." she winked at Ducky which made him giggle, in turn alowing Frost to detense a little. "Since Molten has been doing much better for the past few days. We... decided to try something."

She grinned, opening the door wide for them to see inside. Frost Spirit looked over at the bed... Molten was no longer lying there. A pang of fear struck him again before realizing his cousin was actually next to it. He was up on his feet for the first time in weeks, helped by a pair of crutches to steady himself. Molten smiled brightly at his cousins as he walked over to them. Ducky was the first to react, bear hugging his cousin, almost knocking him over.

"Ducky, easy!" laughed Molten as he wrapped an arm around his smaller cousin, holding his crutches closely to his side.

For a moment Frost didn't know what to do. He just watched as Ducky and Molten kept laughing together. He felt a tear of relief fall down his cheek. Like just a bit of the weight on his soul was lifted...These weeks have been hard on him.. It's hard to be an adult.. To have everyone rely on you when you don't even know what to do.. Everything has just been going wrong but today something finally made him feel like it was going to be ok...for the first time in weeks...

Medic caught on to what was happening to him pretty quickly. She knew Frost was rather touch averse compared to his cousin so she resorted to placing a light hand on his shoulder. He turned to her upon feeling the touch. Medic had never really looked Frost Spirit in the eyes before, the child avoided her like the plague or any Tower for that matter. She saw his pain, this was the boy whose father disappeared overnight right before he took his first step into adulthood. The one who didn't exactly have the guidance necessary to build himself up as a person and yet, had to take care of his little brother. She could recognise an older sibling playing parent when she saw one.

But she chose not to pry on it, instead she whispered a small "It will be ok" to him. Frost gave her a small smirk with a curt nod, stepping closer to his cousin. Medic smiled sadly as she stayed back, letting them talk. She wanted to do more to help him but this wasn't her child, all she could do is offer her aid if he asks for it. And with that she took her leave, giving a last wink to Molten before closing the door to allow them some privacy.

Ducky's loud voice pulled Frost Spirit away from his interaction, "Why didn't you tell us you could start walking when we saw you yesterday you matchstick?!"

"I-I wasn't sure if I would be able to!" retorted Molten. He chuckled before turning to Frost who kept staring longly at the entrance.

"F-Frosty?"

The young man turned around at the sound of his name, putting on his best fake smile. It wasn't that he was not happy or anything! He was thrilled to see Molten feel better... But his worries kept him out of it... He continued thinking about uncle Sinister, how angry he seemed during the last meetings... They always ended in him and grampa Void yelling at each other... Or the Towers yelling at them... Or them at the Towers...
Four arms wrapping around him, grounded him from the loud noises in his mind, Molten and Ducky were embracing him.

The quiet, higher voice of Molten was the first one he heard, "Frosty, what's happening with you?!"

" Yeah bro, you just seem so...off half the time"

The young man took a seat on the bed, Molten and Ducky following him suit. "There's just... I don't even know.. I guess the constant meetings with shouting matches are getting to me."

"Then maybe don't go! Uncle Sinister never forced you to." offered Molten.

"Yeah.. But I can't just leave him alone... He has been getting more and more stressed as time passes... And him and grampa are just at each other's throat half the time.."

Molten curled a bit in on himself "...I..I remember that first meeting.."

Ducky tensed at the memory, squeezing Frost's arm a bit tighter.
He muttered, "...Dad said something about gramps wanting uncle Fallen out of our family... That he deserved to die b-because of the... whatever fight they had.."

" I... I am sure he didn't mean it Ducky. Gramps loves uncle Fallen too. And... About that fight... Who knows what was even said... "

" I feel like it tore gramps and dad apart.. " admitted Molten, leaning on Frost's shoulder.

"... Yeah.. Sure does feel like it. " was all Frost could muster to say. Their argument was kept under tight wraps, so hidden in fact almost no one knew fully what happened, not even Sinister... And despite several years passing since then, their relationship just never mended... But grampa Void Reaver surely would never abandon his son just for that... Right?

Ducky broke the akward silence, he never liked it when his brother got all mopey and thoughtful, "Do you think, when we go back home, we could have a movie night again?"

Frost Spirit scoffed jokingly, normally he would reprimand his little brother for his insensitive remarks but this time changing the subject wouldn't be so bad. He smirked, "Sure we can. No horror movies though, last time we watched one you slept in my room for three weeks."

"HEY!!!" chuckled Ducky, shoving Frost lightly.

"... If you guys aren't watching a horror movie could I join too?" asked Molten sheepishly.

"Oh what, did you think you were left out?! You don't have a say in this, you are coming whether you like it or not!" beamed Ducky, still pushing away Frost who kept trying to pick him up. He continued slaping his older brother's hands away from him, laughing as he finally gave up and Frost got to him. The older one picked him up and spun him around, Molten laughing at their display. He eventually put Ducky down, giving him a last tight squeeze as their laughter died down.

"Ok you two. You had your fun but we have something important to do now." stated Frost, puffing out his chest to emphasize that he was in charge.

"Oh yeah? And what's that?" asked Ducky, mischievously waiting to make fun of his brother.

"We must show uncle Sinister that you can walk around again! I am sure it would brighten up his day. "

"Oh yes, yes!! Come on!"

Ducky grabbed Molten by the arm steadying him up as Frost opened the door. Together they walked down the hallway eager to share some good news with their elders. At least for one day things seemed to have gotten better... A little light in the shadow.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.6K 42 23
Hello and welcome to probably one of the worst TDS fanfics that was clearly made by someone who is extremely terrible at writing stories and essays...
14.6K 489 17
She opened her eyes and found that her family is still there. With space in hand,she will find her family,abuse fake friend ,fight zombies and stand...
7.4K 345 24
Tord is slowly dying, but his desire to be immortal is strong and he has a plan, a big plan. Unluckly, he's not the only one planning something... A...
1.2K 55 15
Commander wake up and found himself in his bed. However, everything seem..different. He cannot get out and mostly stuck in his room. Everything aroun...