Arcanae

By exLyrical

In an oceanic realm littered with traces of Magick, Crescent Isle had always been the odd one out. For aeons... More

Chpt. 01 // Scenic Tower
Chpt. 02 // Road of Remembrance
Chpt. 03 // Sunset Summit
Chpt. 04 // Gathering Storm
Chpt. 05 // Call of Calamity
Chpt. 06 // Crimson Nocturne
Chpt. 07 // Derelict Districts
Chpt. 08 // Conquest Through the Clouds
Chpt. 09 // Crumbled Watch
Chpt. 10 // The Mountain Womb
Chpt. 11 // Frigid Aftermath
Chpt. 12 // Bittersweet Embrace
Chpt. 13 // Macabre Visage
Chpt. 14 // Mother Pariah
Chpt. 15 // The Timeless Art
Chpt. 16 // Waterbound Waltz
Chpt. 17 // Queen of the Cruel Tides
Chpt. 18 // Of Delicate Urgency
Chpt. 19 // A Wish amidst Moonlight

『Foreword & Prologue』

66 28 11
By exLyrical

─── ⋅ ∙ ∘ ☽ ☼ ☾ ∘ ⋅ ⋅ ───

"Radiant chains shattered midst the darkness. Infernal eyes bled a crimson across the sky. Sharp claws tore the light to shreds. Metals shimmered in the dark. Crystals gleamed in the obsolete ruins. The boundaries had cracked. At long last, they had lost the vigour to ensnare the entity of chaos.

The looming shadow would soon mask the joy of day. The flourishing yet deceptive dominance of humankind was destined to crumble in the foreseen future – and today, that future came into manifestation."

─── ⋅ ∙ ∘ ☽ ☼ ☾ ∘ ⋅ ⋅ ───

A Humble Authors' Rambling

First and foremost, thank you for selecting "Arcanae". This work was originally my Wattpad-debut novel, and as such, it has seen countless revisions over many years. The first hints of its plot emerged as early as 2014 - 2015. However, its initial draft had only been finalised around February 2019. Since then, it has seen seven rewrites to improve upon the Thirteenth Sea's worldbuilding, character stories and various minor changes.

Naturally, feel free to demonstrate your support through votes, comments and adding the story to your reading list. Every action is another smile plastered across my sleep-deprived face! <3

This is the first instalment in the "Arcanae Series"

With the basics covered, here is the Thirteenth Sea in all its revamped glory - from Crescent Isle to the blistering-cold northern archipelagos, the vast landmasses to the faraway east, and the looming dangers of the Southern Isles.

Permit me to greet you once more.

Welcome, dear reader.

To yet another culmination of another overly ambitious author's imagination.

─── ⋅ ∙ ∘ ☽ ☼ ☾ ∘ ⋅ ⋅ ───

Yours truly, 

 exLyrical

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

112 17 23
In the Isles of Ice, one kingdom reigns supreme and controls much of the archipelago. That kingdom is named Kingston. Constantly fighting with a neig...
14.4K 1.1K 27
Watreon is on the brink of war. A fact that has eluded Ryhan until days before her sixteenth birthday. Drought has crippled her village and made it n...
46.9K 6.9K 104
||Wattys 2022 Shortlist|| "You've got several lines of destiny in you...whether you use your power for good or wicked is still blank." After narrowl...
890 91 27
An epic indie cross between Harry Potter, The Chronicles of Narnia, and LOTR. *** The first book in a coming-of-age series about the origins of evil...