The Copyist (One Piece & OC)

By Thattorichick

A 19 year old girl is suddenly reincarnated into a battlefield as a young baby within the world of One Piece... More

Chapter 1: I'm Where!?
Chapter 2: My New Life
Chapter 3: Here Comes Luffy!
Chapter 4: Enter Sabo!
Chapter 5: Our Dreams!
Chapter 6: Love Punch!
Chapter 7: Family
Chapter 8: Treasure
Chapter 9: Take Off!
Chapter 10: The Idol has What!?!
Chapter 12: Oh My Beard
Chapter 13: Mayday!
Chapter 14: What a Croc!
Chapter 15: Hooked into the Situation
Chapter 16: Find It Fast!
Chapter 17: Meet the Crew!
Chapter 18: Day 1 of 365
Chapter 19: Watch Out! Falling Boat!
Chapter 20: Upper Yard
Chapter 21: The Altar
Chapter 22: City of Gold
Chapter 23: Eneru's Scheme
Chapter 24: Ark Maxim
Chapter 25: Giant Jack
Chapter 26: A Balloon What?
Chapter 27: Welcome to G-8, Psych!
Chapter 28: Woah Waterfalls
Chapter 29: Galley-La Company
Chapter 30: Luffy's Decision
Chapter 31: Worrisome Ordeals
Chapter 32: Trapped on a Train
Chapter 33: Interference
Chapter 34: Enies Lobby
Chapter 35: Strawhats' Arrival!
Chapter 36: Finally, Freedom!
Chapter 37: The 8th Straw Hat
Chapter 38: Goodbye, Old Friends
Chapter 39: Water Seven's Wonders
Chapter 40: Our Next Adventure
Chapter 41: Enter the Fog
Chapter 42: A Sticky Situation
Chapter 43: Haunted Woods
Chapter 44: Night Raid
Chapter 45: Hidden Husband
Chapter 46: The Humming Swordsman/I OBJECT!
Chapter 47: Looming Threats
Chapter 48: My Vow
Chapter 49: New Resolves
Chapter 50: Enter the Groove
Chapter 51: Auction of Action
Chapter 52: Trouble Making Trio
Chapter 53: Poof!
Chapter 54: Out of the Frying Pan & Into the Fire
Chapter 55: Prison Break
Chapter 56: Fight to Flee!
Chapter 57: Final Preparations
Chapter 58: Into the Fray!
Chapter 59: Clash of Steel!
Chapter 60: Do or Die
Chapter 61: Our Next Steps...
Chapter 62: A New Season
Chapter 63: A Dark Gloomy Castle: Wish Granted
Chapter 64: Return to the Groove
Chapter 65: YOU'RE ALIVE?!?!
Chapter 66: Into the Deep
Chapter 67: Ugg, Water
Chapter 68: Fake Invite
Chapter 69: Water Fight
Chapter 70: Oh, Another Masterplan
Chapter 71: Hordy's Downfall
Chapter 72: Treasure Hunt Gone Bad
Chapter 73: The Crying Snail
Chapter 74: Enter the Playroom
Chapter 75: A Large 'Room'

Chapter 11: North Blue

4.1K 149 11
By Thattorichick

***Amaya's POV***

We traveled for weeks only stopping to restock supplies before taking off again. Since it was a straight shot, I wasn't having to pay attention to the controls unless some special weather came along. If it was just thunder and lighting I would sail through it. The thunder dial powering my plane would just collect lighting if I was struck.

I had a lot of free time on my hands, so I started practicing using the illusion fruit. I started with small things like making it look like Chi had a twin. After that I started to make illusions appear outside of the plane. One second it would look like a pieceful ride, then the next it looked like there was an enemy plane flying around us. It was great practice.

I kept practicing using larger and larger illusions. It was hard to keep the details as precise the larger the area became. However, after a couple of weeks I started to get the hang of it.

It's a good thing that I'm getting in the practice time for this fruit though. I shouldn't use it in front of other people until after Marineford. I can't chance the navy learning about it. So until then I'll have to practice in secret and not tell anyone about it.

I was continuing to practice the illusion fruit when Chi got my attention.

"What is it, girl?" I ask, looking out the plane.

It was an island at least I think so. It looked like a large green bird grew from the ground. I laughed.

"I guess that's why they named it Swallow Island," I told Chi, getting out the telescope. "Now we just have to find a safe place to land." I looked around before getting a crazy idea.

I steered the plane to land on the top of the island. Right on top of the large bird's head. It was large enough that you wouldn't be able to see the plane if you looked up from the ground.

"Chi?" Chi questioned my choice.

"Breath Chi. One it's hidden, and two the height will help when we take off."

Chi simply sighed in defeat.

"Oh, come on! Let's go explore!" I said jumping out of the cockpit and into the bird's head. Even though the island was shaped like a giant bird, it was covered in trees. The whole thing was a forest, except for patches here and there along with the town at the bottom.

I walked to town with Chi in my backpack like normal. I didn't need any supplies for the journey, so I headed to the bookstore. I wanted to look for books of mechanics, medicine, herbs, just about anything useful really. Sure I learned a lot from Kid about mechanics, but that was more hands on fixing and building. I also wanted some technical knowledge to pair it with.

Now that I think about it. I should probably learn more about weather conditions, but I'll need to wait till I enter the grand line if I want to find anything useful. Wait a second! This is the North Blue where Sanji came from! That means that Germa comics will be around! Sanji's brothers are jerks, but I'll enjoy a good comic.

I found a large bookstore. Apparently, Swallow Island is a tourist island. What kinda tourist island doesn't have a bookstore? I'll tell you. A bad one plain and simple.

I first went to a mechanical section, finding a couple of good books. One went over basic concepts, another on general components, and the last talked about the different tools that were used. I gave each a quick kiss before putting them back on the shelf.

Sure it was stealing, but hey! Pirate! I felt the information flood my brain, as I looked for the next section that talked about plants. I saw two promising books. One was an encyclopedia about all the edible foods in the world, and the other was one on medical herbs and plants. I kissed the one on edible foods then put it back on the shelf. I had a headache after that.

I'll need to buy any others I get interested in, starting with this one on medical herbs. I then went to the medical section of the bookstore. There were a couple of basic things like wound binding, nothing I didn't already know until I saw one that focused on surgeries and procedures.

I reached for the book, grabbing the spine when another hand landed on top of mine.

"Sorry, I've made it first." I said, turning with a smile to the person who also tried to grab it. I was shocked seeing who it was, Trafalgar D. Law. He was authentic too. He had the correct hat.

He glanced at me then the book before sighing and moving his hand away. "Ya sure you'll understand the content?" His deep voice asked.

I gave him a look that read 'really'. "You can't be what? Two or three years older than me? Don't underestimate me. Tell you what, how about a wager?"

He thought before giving a single nod. "I'll at least hear you out." He sounded uninterested, but his eyes gave away his curiosity.

"I'm going to read this book and understand it all by tomorrow. If I fail to answer any question you throw at me while you look at the book then you can have it. If I answer them all correctly, you'll grant me a single wish. Even if I win I'll still be willing to sell the book at a low price. What do you say? Are you game?"

His face gave nothing away since he clearly already mastered the stoic expression. Finally, he spoke. "Where will we meet?" He asked.

I looked across the street and saw a cafe with outdoor seating. I pointed towards it. "We'll meet at that cafe at 9AM tomorrow morning." I answered.

He nodded in acceptance.

Seeing that everything was arranged, I then left to go purchase the books I had picked up. It was rather expensive, but my years saving up working at the bakery were paying off. I left the store, unsure of where Law was, but I didn't care much since I'll see him tomorrow.

Chi and I headed back to the plane, climbing up the island and passing many trees. The sun started to dip in the sky, showing an array of pinks, oranges, and reds in the sky. My headache was still there from learning too many things today. I'm gonna sleep before I kiss this text to learn about it. I'll wait until I leave to meet with Law tomorrow.

I crawled into my plane and made myself comfortable.

"Goodnight, Chi. Wake me when the sun rises."

"Chi!" Chi agreed but I fell asleep.

***Next Morning***

I just kissed the book and the knowledge hit me like a freight train. There were so many details and technical knowledge cramped into this large book.

I was nearly to the cafe across from the bookstore where I met Law yesterday. Chi was in my bag like usual, and I was carrying the book that earned me an audience with the Surgeon of Death.

I arrived about five minutes early to find that he had already beat me. He lazily raised a hand to show me where he was. Don't hurt yourself there Law. You were almost gentlemanly.

Taking a seat across from him at the table, I handed him the book. "Good Morning." I said before ordering some food from the waitress.

"That remains to be seen. We don't know who has won the wager yet." He replied to my greeting.

I laughed. I'd forgotten how serious he was, so I wasn't prepared. "I suppose you're right. In that case, fire away." I suggested.

He opened the text to a random page, scanned it for a minute then asked a question. This continued until my food came when we took a small break. Once I was done, with my delicious pancakes topped with strawberries we continued for another hour.

Thinking he was going to ask another question when he opened his mouth, I was surprised that a sigh escaped instead. "Very well. You've been correct about everything. My morning was not meant to be good it seems."

I chuckled at his pun from earlier. I wasn't expecting that he had dry humor, but sometimes that can be the best.

"Well don't count it out yet. Even though I won, you can still have the book. Just don't forget my wish."

"And what would that be?" He asked.

"Something rather simple actually. A kiss on my hand will do." I said holding up the back of my hand his direction.

He simply stared at me. I couldn't tell if he was annoyed, thought I was joking, or was simply shocked by the small scale task. Still holding my hand up, he spoke instead of moving.

"You don't even know my name, yet you want a kiss?" He asks, incredulously.

I pull my hand back. "I suppose you're right." I sigh. "I'm Amaya, a pirate. My dream is to become the first pirate known for flying! I will continue my family's legacy. Nice to meet you."

He seemed surprised. "Flying is your family's legacy? I've never heard of a people who possess the ability to fly." He asks curiously.

My smile faded and was replaced with a distant look. "That's not surprings. My people were killed and my island destroyed by the navy who wanted the ability for themselves. . I'm the last person with this knowledge." I shake my head of the thoughts since the atmosphere got depressing. "What's your name?" I ask, trying to change the direction of the conversation.

"Law, a pirate." He simply said.

I hummed in acknowledgement. "I kinda figured based on your hand tattoos. Also I think I've seen your wanted poster now that I think about it. Your hat looks familiar."

He nodded once again in acknowledgement. He's a man of few words after all, unless he's mad or giving orders I guess.

"Anyways, I should be on my way soon. I need to make my way to my next destination." I state.

"Where would that be?" He questioned naturally.

"Flevance." I answered, taking a drink of my water.

He visibly froze for a second. "Why would you head there?" He questioned looking down at his lap.

"My island had a good relationship with Flevance. It was a tradition to send all of our doctors to Flevance to train before they officially became licensed back home. There were a few different traditions like that, so visiting Flevance is part of continuing my family's traditions." I placed my cup back down. "I've heard that it was also hit hard by the government, but I want to see if anything survived the attack."

"Aren't you afraid of coming down with the Amber Lead Syndrome?"

"The government calling it contagious was just their excuse." I respond, slightly angry. "If the people knew they were being poisoned by the things they touched, I'm sure some people would have helped. I don't believe that it is contagious. I'll wear gloves and a mask, even though I won't be staying for long."

I sigh, letting my anger dissipate. "Sorry, for the rant. I just hate seeing innocent people injured by injustice."

"You sound like a marine rather than a pirate." He comments.

I chuckled. "In a perfect world I would be talking like one, but the top brass of the navy are the epitome of injustice." I stand up. "I need to go for a walk. Care to join?"

He stands up to join me, but doesn't say anything.

I start to walk back to my plane, Law following behind me. The walk was quiet but not awkward. When we arrived at my plane, Law stood still, staring at the aircraft.

I laughed. "Like my aircraft?" I questioned. "Told you I would fly," I smiled at his reaction.

"It works?" He questions doubt filling his tone.

"How else would I get here from the South Blue?" I flexed.

His jaw dropped before he quickly gathered himself. "Impressive."

"Thanks! I should be going now though."

"Amaya-ya," He called, gaining my attention. "Once you're done with completing your traditions, will you join my crew?" He asks sincerely.

"It'll take years. I can't do my last task for another two years."

"Why's that?"

I blushed at the romantic tradition of my island. "When a woman becomes 20, she is required to go somewhere for training before she is considered martiable." I answered without looking at him, rather staring at my plane. "Once I'm done with that, I don't know what I'll want to do." I turn back to look at him. "Can I answer then?"

He gives a small smile, before pulling out a piece of paper from underneath his hat. It was a vivre card.

"Is this?" I questioned, surprised that he would give me this.

"Come find me once you decide." He explained.

I smiled at him as I took the card. I placed it inside of my bandana that Ace gave me, before tying it back in place. "Thanks, Law."

He then grabbed my hand with his, raising it to his lips. He met my gaze and smirked before he kissed my hand.

I could feel my devil fruit, copying his and storing it along with the others. Even though I was happy with the development, I wasn't expecting it, since he ignored me earlier. Who would have thought that he would do such a thing on his own!

I blushed, making him chuckle at my reaction. Ugg this is like Kid all over again.

I turned to face my plane. "Well, I best be off!" I said quickly, before running to my plane and jumping into the cockpit. I hit the thunder dial to start it up before engaging the jet dials on either side for take off.

It was rather quick. I drove off the edge of the large bird island, before the plane took the air in stride. I looked back at Law one last time, seeing him look like he was laughing. I faced forward to steer the plane in the correct direction, still in denial about what I just saw. There's no way I saw that right, right?___________________________________________________________________

We are starting to near the end of her alone years. Until Next Time...

World_Imaginer

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.7K 921 29
📌[ STORY ON HOLD ] Upon getting possibly one of the rarest Devil fruit to exist, how will this girl use her newfound abilities in this Great Pirate...
127K 4.6K 52
[[ONGOING]] [[Story begins in Sabaody Archipelago]] The (Wicked) Witch of the West. That's literally what (Y/n) is if you think about it. A Witch f...
802 2 11
Disclaimer I do not own one piece or any other characters in this book except my oc ...
24.4K 795 35
Book 1: No Regrets, Right? --- It's been 2 years since the Battle of Marineford. 2 years since the straw hats were separated. After taking off from...