Emanet

By wittypenart

One night. One horrific incident. That's all it took to change the course of life for them. Hurts, lies and... More

|Characters and Aesthetics|
|Prologue|:
|01|: Brother/بھائی
|02|: Women/خواتین
|03|: Threat/دھمکی
|04|:Attack/ حملہ
|05|: Mourn/سوگ
|06|: Altered/ تبدیل
|07|: Guilt/شرمندگی
|08|: Silence/خاموشی
|09|: Terror/دہشت
|10|: Motherly/شفيق
|11|: Stalker/شکاری
|12|: Marriage/شادی
|13|: Photographs/تصاویر
|14|: Rumour/افواہ
|15|: Refusal/اِنکار
|16|: Intruder/دخل انداز
|17|: Nikkah/نکاح
|18|: Calamity/وبال
|19|: Dawn/صبح
|20|: Brut/تلخ
|21|: Serenity/اطمینان
|22|: Bargain/سودا
|24|: Stranger/اجنبی
|25|: Negligence/غفلت
|26|: Gift/تحفہ
|27|: Wounded/زخمی
|28|: Care/خیال
|29|: Upset/ناراضگی
|30|: Close/قریب
|31|: Shopping/خریداری
|32|: Event/تقریب
|33|: Fear/خوف
|34|: Truth/سچ
|35|: Game/کھیل
|36|: Shattered/ پاش پاش
|37|: Disturbance/خلل
|38|: Family/خاندان
|39|: Kidnapped/اغواء
|40|: Wrath/غصہ
|41|: Identity/شناخت
|42|: Deal/سودا
|43|: Agony/اذیت
|44|: Wait/اِنتظار
|45|: Tranquility/قرار
|46|: Reunion/ملاپ
|47|: Justice/اِنصاف
|48|: Mehndi/مہندی
|49|: Harmony/ہم آہنگی
|Epilogue|:

|23|: Acceptance/قبولیت

2.3K 121 6
By wittypenart

"You need any help?"

Subhan's movements halted as he heard her voice. Turning around to face her, he found her standing there with a small bag in her hands. She walked towards him with small steps. Stoping at an arm's distance, she forwarded the bag to him. He took it from her hand having no idea what the contents inside were.

"They're medicines. Just in case, you know."

She must have saw the confused expressions on his face as she told him that. He smiled and placed the small bag along with his other things and zipped up his duffel bag.

"I'll be fine. It's just two days. Besides, I'm not a kid who'll get sick of minor weather change."

She shrugged and settled onto the bed. She opened his bag and saw that he has literally stuffed clothes in his bag. They weren't even folded properly. Glancing at him, she saw him rubbing his neck out of embarrassment. His eyes goofy and smile cheeky. She poured the contents of bag onto the bed and started to keep his clothes again.

This time with perfection.

He sauntered over to the small bed side table and took out his tickets. His flight will be taking off in three hours. He heard the zipping sound and turned around and there was his bag now in its proper shape. Before it looked like a balloon which was filled with extra air.

"Thank you."

She smiled at him. After last night's incident, both have grown closer to each other somehow. Its a very little change. But it's there. She's not always nervous around him anymore. Sometimes the reality of their marriage comes to haunt her, but she has learnt to live in the moment. The consequences be damned.

"Let's head downstairs for lunch."

She nodded and followed him. They greeted everyone at the table and took their seats.

"When will you be leaving, beta?"

Owais asked his son. It felt so good to see his son finally taking up his responsibilities with his own will. Hammad was right. He always used to say that all his little brother needed was time and he'll eventually fall into his role. Now looking at him today, he can see he was right. His little brother took his role naturally and is being very good at it.

He just wished he was here to see him. He must have been so proud of him.

"I'll be leaving after having lunch. It's better to go early than late."

That was such a typical Pakistani thing to say.

"Have a safe flight, Beta."

He heard his grandmother speak. He nodded. After losing her one grandson, Rehmat Bibi has grown sensitive of her remaining family members. She wishes nothing but only happiness for them. Giving a reassuring nod to his grandmother after seeing her lost in thoughts, he began eating.
~~~~~~~~

"I'll be leaving now. All the important files have been signed by me. If anything comes up, just give me a call."

He said into the phone as Altamash bobbed his head on the other hand.

"Roger that. Have a safe flight, buddy."

He nodded as if though he can see him through the opaque device. Disconnecting the call he made sure had packed everything he'll need.

"You forget to keep this."

He turned around at the intrusion and found his wife leaning against the wooden door holding his phone's charger in one hand. An amused smile crossed his features as he folded his arms across his chest.

"Aren't you an obedient wife."

She left the threshold and walked to the bed where his duffel bag rested. Keeping the charger inside it, she secured the zipper again.

"Sometimes i have trouble believing you are a CEO."

She looked up to find him grinning as always. His lips in a perfect naughty smile.

"Believe it wifey or do you need to check my band account. That would give you the proof you're looking for."

She smiled at his coyness. He was growing comfortable around her. They weren't like normal husband and wife. They're different. But they're unique in their own separate way. There's no bad blood. No taunts or unnecessary tension. They're easy around each other. Almost acting like friends.

"I should be leaving now."

His words brought her back to the reality. She stood up and let him carry his bag. No matter how hard she tried, she still felt sad. This nagging feeling stabbing at her chest every now and then. He must have seen through her dilemma because the next second she found him standing toes to toes with her. Gripping her chin softly with one hand, he titled her head to meet his eyes. They were warm, nothing like the cold ugly eyes she was used to. His thumb rubbed the soft skin of her chin as he mumbled

"Call me Pheonix."

His voice dropped to octave and she wondered if it has always been like this with everyone. But she knew the answer. It's just like this with her. She's has that special service.

"If I need anything?" She asked. Her voice betraying her as it came out raspy and nervous. No wonder the thumb caressing her chin was causing goosebumps to rise on her skin.

"And if you don't. Just call me if you want to."

His forehand dropped down to hers and her breathing stopped momentarily. The lungs gave up on the oxygen and she felt her heart beating at a strange rhythm. Planting a soft kiss on her hair, he pulled back. His actions surprising him too. She dared not to open her eyes, depriving him of the pleasure to gaze into her honey pools of eyes. Smirking, he placed another kiss on her closed eyelids that caused them to flutter open. Her cheeks had already caught the red dusty colour and his heart jumped in the ribcage. She looked at him through her shy glances. Wanting him here and gone at the same time.

"Allah Hafiz, Pheonix."

He left the room with a blink of an eye. She squealed and fell face first on the bed. This little act will stay in her mind forever rent free. The memory stamped and secured in the deepest corner of her mind. She heard the roar of tyres and ran to the window to see him already looking at the window as he knew she'll come. She felt like a little teenager as her heart bursted with happiness at that moment. He waved at her, but she drew the curtains, not finding enough strength to look at him.

He laughed at his shy wife and sat inside the car. Kamal Chacha's knowing eyes did nothing to hide that he has witnessed their act.

"Allah tum dono ko khush rakhe."
(May Allah keeps you both happy).

"Ameen." He whispered.
~~~~~~~~

The evening air waft past the curtains ruffling Safa's hair in the process. She was free after praying her Salah and sat down in the company of her book. A gift from her husband. It was a period drama novel. Just what she prefers. She didn't want to admit it, but the room felt lonely without him. It was scary how rapid she was accustomed to his presence. Not wanting to feel that gaping hole, she busied herself while reading her book. A knock broke her paradise and she frowned. No one knocks at her door. It can't be Mehreen. That girl just barges in. She stood up and opened the door.

"Safa Bibi apko Bari Begum bula rehi ha."
(Ms. Safa, Madame has called for you)

She nodded her head and followed the maid downstairs. She wondered why would Rehmat Bibi call her. From what she can see, she still hasn't grown to her presence. The maid stopped her and gave her a mug of chai. She grasped the hot cup into her hands and went in the direction of Rehmat Bibi's room. Upon reaching, she quietly pounded her fist on the wooden door. Hearing a very slow response, she entered inside. The room was lit with a lamp while Rehmat Bibi sat in her rocking chair. Safa kept the mug beside her on the table and said softly

"You called me."

She was asked to sit down on one of the chair beside hers. She took her seat. Her heart was beating loud as to what she would say.

Is she angry?
Will she be asking me to leave?
Is she going to throw me out?

Those questions wondered in her mind causing her to panic.

"I know what you're thinking. Rest assured I'm not some cruel typical Dadi."

Some of her fears were put to rest as she heard her talk. Maybe she was wrong about her. She's his grandmother. She won't be a monster. She nodded her head, too scared to speak. She didn't want to make her angry.

"I don't know how you both got married or why, but it's not because you like each other."

She looked at her alarmed. How did she know it? Did Subhan tell her? Why didn't he say anything?

"He didn't tell me anything. These grey hairs are there for a reason."

A startled laugh escaped Safa's lips before she sobered up. Rehmat Bibi smiled at her. She knows now that this girl isn't what she imagined her to be. She's more than that. A nice decent girl she would have want to marry her grandson.

"Don't worry now, Beta. If you need anything just come to me. Take me as your grandmother too. Never hesitate to talk to me."

Her words melted Safa's resolve and a lone tear escaped her eyes. Those wrinkled hands brushed that tear away immediately replacing the gratitude with warmth.

"My grandson made such a good choice at choosing his wife. You're so beautiful, Mashallah."

Her rosy cheeks made their presence again making her feel embarrassed. Rehmat Bibi reached for her cup of tea and took a small sip.

"I wonder if you would make me tea with your hands. That was lovely."

Safa laughed and nodded.

"I'll make one for you every evening."
••••••••••

Salam everyone. Here's another late late update. Sorry for being inconsistent. I've been sick for a while now. But things will take an interesting turn from now on.
I hope the chapters aren't too boring.
Wait for the next update.
Till then, Allah Hafiz.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.3K 1.2K 32
اہلِ عشق- Ahl-e-ishq (people of passionate love) Started- 30 July 2023 Join the story of Ahad Suleiman Khan ( احد سولیمان خان) Eshal Saleem Siddiq...
552K 21.9K 31
~ ZA¥DAN ~ 'Life is a Game of chess' Move in silence only to say CHECKMATE°°° ~ HA¥AT ~ 'Life can be a game of chess' But with...
15.8K 618 20
Sukoon E Qalb; Peace of Heart. Come on an adventure of a bunch of short romantic stories<3 open to any requests~~ Highest ranking- #6 in pakistan
1M 51.5K 38
Mahrukh is the youngest in her family. The apple of her family's eyes [ well mostly ]. Living in a joint family with a divorced aunt who is ready to...