Lab Rats - The untold story (...

By DavenMarvel

In Mission Creek, Adam Davenport meets a sarcastic, smart and mysterious waitress at a small diner in town, w... More

Episode 1: Adam's crush
Episode 2: Bionic Waiter
Episode 3: Adam's date
Episode 4: The Krane Sisters
Episode 5: Harper vs Perry
Episode 6: Bionic Skates
Episode 8: Girl's night
Episode 9: you posted what? (Part 1)
Episode 10: you posted what? (Part 2)
Episode 11: The DavenMaze
Episode 12: Mr and Mrs Adam Davenport
Episode 13: Looking for a family
Episode 14: Matching Opponent
Episode 15: Spike Fright
Episode 16: The Rise of the Lost Soldiers (part 1)
Episode 17: The Rise of the Lost Soldiers (part 2)
Episode 18: Bionic Houseparty
A/N next book! (Lab Rats The Untold Story- Part 2)
A/N New book !!!

Episode 7: The Smartest Girl in the World

330 17 53
By DavenMarvel

Another day at school, Adam and Bree are in their lockers talking, Leo walks in "guys I know Big D always says don't make fun of Chase, don't laugh at Chase but honestly he's not cooperating!" Leo says "What's he done now?" Bree says.

Chase walks in with a suit and bow tie "good morning everyone!" Chase smiles excitedly "oh my god!" Bree says "got it now" Leo says, Bree and Adam nod.

"Look at you look like a black and white clown" Adam laughs "make fun of me all you want nothing is going to piss me off today" Chase says "Chase why are you dressed like you're going to win the Oscar but worst?" Bree asks "and why the bow tie and not a regular tie?" Leo says tugging at the tie.

Harper approaches "hey the zoo called...they want the penguin back!" Harper says laughing "he really is the size of a penguin" Adam laughs.

"Seriously...what...why?" Harper asks pointing at Chase "As you know, every semester, Principal Perry nominates student of the semester, the award goes to whoever has the highest grades and best performance in all subjects throughout the entire semester, and as you would expect the award obviously goes to me, the smartest student in school and in the world" Chase says with a confident smile "you are a very sad little man" Leo says.

"Didn't you already win that award last semester?" Bree asks "yes I always win" Chase says.

"so why just now, you decided to attack Mr Monopoly and steal his clothes?" Harper laughs, everyone laughs, Chase rolls his eyes to hold back a smile.

"because since I win every semester I thought it would be interesting to changenthe outfit every award" Chase says fixing the tie "you thought it was a good idea but... it's not" Bree says.

......................................................................

Perry goes to the middle of the school to announce the winner, everyone separates, Harper sits on the stairs and starts messing with her laptop, Bree Adam and Leo are in the lockers next to the water cooler, as Chase approaches Perry with a super excited smile.

"Attention Bunch!" Perry says, everyone listen to her "We are ending another semester and as is the tradition, every end of the semester I give this certificate to the student of the semester, the student with the best grades, the best performance, and summing up your best at everything, if that's even possible" Perry says "and the prize goes to..." Perry starts to open the envelope.

Chase is excited and whispers to himself "Chase Davenport" Perry reads the envelope "ugh!...Harper Krane!" Perry says with disgust "WHAT!!?" Chase yells "WHAT!?" Harper says "WHAT!?" Adam, Bree, and Leo yell.

......................................................................

Harper gets up in confusion and walks over to Perry "Here's your prize" Perry rolls her eyes and hands Harper the certificate "No it can't be" Harper says "YEAH IT CAN'T BE!!" Chase says.

"oh that's going to be so good" Bree says "I know" Adam laughs "there must be some error" Harper says "OBVIOUSLY there's an error" Chase says.

"no no I did the math for all the averages and hers is the highest" Perry says "where's the evidence! !?" Chase says "Calm down brain boy I'll get it" Perry says.

Chase looks at Harper in surprise "I didn't even want the prize to be honest" Harper says "yeah! cuz it's mine!" Chase says, Harper frowns.

"Chase calm down" Bree says "No! I'm the smartest man in the world how did I fail..." Chase says "you didn't fail" Leo says "Chase relaxes, sure it was a mistake how could that be possible..." Harper says.

Perry arrives with the paper with the grade point averages "Give it to me!" Chase says taking the paper from Perry's hand, he looks at the paper and is silent, he puts the paper down "So?" Adam asks "That's right...she won" Chase says in a defeated voice.

"What?" Harper says "well Chase looks like she's smarter than you then" Leo says, Chase looks at Leo confused.

"and look we have the proof in numbers and how come you always say Chase?" Bree says "oh yeah numbers don't lie...I don't understand how that's possible since numbers can't talk" Adam says.

"how is it possible?" Chase says "That's what I said..." Adam began "Not that! Harper winning!" Chase says impatiently, he looks at Harper.

He looks at her with a nervous and a little scared look "don't look at me I'm just as surprised as you are" Harper says "What's your trick?" Chase says walking towards her "trick? You're the one dressed as a magician" Harper says.

"I don't understand" Chase says "I get it that it bothers you but....i Really don't know what to tell you" Harper says "Did you pay someone to do this?" Chase says, Harper rolls her eyes "Chase I didn't even want that stupid award" Harper says "you can't be smarter than me" Chase says "I completely agree" Harper says.

"Are you as smart as I am?" Chase says in a thoughtful tone "Probably not...I'm not that smart I'm just as smart as anyone but Adam" Harper says "Hey!" Adam says "you're not even paying attention" Leo says "yeah I'm not" Adam says.

"I'm not smart, Chase...not even close" Harper starts to get nervous "well....." Chase doesn't finish his sentence he's pensive, lost in his own thoughts, confused "okay! you know what? take the certificate...See you later" Harper says handing Chase the certificate and leaving.

"Wow Chase, don't you think that was a bit of an exaggeration?" Leo says "yeah man you made her nervous... Although you always do that with girls" Adam says "It was unexpected but you really freaked out about it" Bree says "its Just that....she's hiding something and I'm going to find out what it is" Chase says.

"Or...Instead of scaring her you could study harder to beat her next semester" Leo smiles, Chase glares at him "come on? apparently you've been very relaxed this past semester" Leo says, Chase rolls his eyes and leaves.

......................................................................

Harper and Adam are in the living room of the Davenport house "I feel terrible for Chase...he should have won that award" Harper says "Nah don't feel bad seeing Chase lose is always funny to me" Adam says.

"Adam I'm serious....he must hate me" Harper says "hey relax his ego is fragile but not enough to hate you" Adam puts his arm around her "you think?" Harper asks "sure he'll forget about it....even though he has bionic memory" Adam says.

Harper sighs "how did you beat him?" Adam asks "I dunno...I skipped a lot of classes...though I took all the tests" Harper says.

"Woah woah woah!" Adam says, Harper frowns confused "you skipped school and didn't invite me?" Adam says "we're just going to limit your time at school for just one more year better not risk it" Harper says.

"wait so I graduate this year?" Adam ask "yeah...believe me Adam of all the missions I've been on, securing your graduation has been the toughest" Harper says.

"and I've already hacked into a NASA rocket" Harper says "really?" Adam says "yeah...By the way if they show up wanting the monkey back it's not with me" Harper's winks.

......................................................................

The next day, Harper is again sitting on the stairs at school playing on her computer, she is playing an online game while listening to music, Chase is across the hall with Bree, he stares at her suspiciously.

"look at her" Chase says "how can she do so well in school if she doesn't even study!" Chase says "maybe because she doesn't mind other people's lives" Bree says, Chase glares at her.

"seriously Chase leave her alone she won once be happy for her" Bree says "I'm not bothering her for a start" Chase says "sure, cuz your being stared at all day by a creepy boy, is not the least bit annoying" Bree says sarcastically.

"Bree I know what I'm doing" Chase says "no you don't" Bree says "you don't know how to take defeat" Bree says.

"I know how to take defeat I'm mature enough for it...now get out, she's coming" Chase pushes Bree.

Harper walks past them "Hey Harper!" Chase says "oh what's up Chase?" Harper removes her headphones.

"you heard we have an algebra project to do...do you have a partner yet?" Chase asks "Uh I usually help Adam on these projects" Harper says "so Adam hasn't flunked yet it's because of you!?" Chase asks.

"yes!...but seriously why did you ask me that?" Harper says "I just thought we could work together on this cuz y'know...school projects are a great way to get to know each other y'know....understand how each other thinks!" Chase says intonation the last part, Bree listens and rolls her eyes

"okay...you're weird" Harper says, she chuckles "fine!...I think I can talk to Adam and do the project with you" Harper says "Cool!" Chase says "see you" Harper walks out.

"seriously Chase?" Bree approaches "What!?" Chase says ""understand how the other thinks!?"You're really trying to analyze her and how her head works just because can't you accept that maybe she really is smart and beat you with nothing to hide about it!?" Bree says, Chase thinks for a while "you are unbelievable" Bree leaves.

......................................................................

Harper walks up to Adam in the cafeteria "Adam, just to let you know that I'm doing the algebra project with Chase" Harper says.

"what? No you can't leave me I don't know anything about algebra" Adam says "and do you care about that?" Harper says "No" Adam goes back to what he was doing.

"but why you're going to do this...it would be so much more fun to do the project with me" Adam says "I don't know, maybe because I feel bad about the award thing, and this Is my way of saying sorry is" Harper says.

"okay, but when Mr Davenport shows up asking me why I got a zero I'll say it was your fault" Adam says "wow I'm scared to death" Harper says sarcastically.

"okay fine, I do my project with Chase and make an extra and less fancy one to be yours" Harper says "why does mine have to be less fancy?" Adam asks "Because people need to belive that you did it" Harper says, Adam thinks for a moment "yeah! it makes sense" Adam says, Harper laughs slightly.

......................................................................

Chase is in the lab reading a notebook, Bree walks in "Hey Chase!" Bree says "Hey!" he says as he continues to read the notebook concentrated, Bree looks at the notebook.

"Is that Harper's notebook?" Bree asks "Uh yeah she forgot it here...I'm taking the opportunity to go through her notes and see if they're better than mine" Chase says, Bree crosses her arms.

"and in case you're wondering, no, because she barely takes notes, she just does little doodles" Chase says.

"Chase don't you think you're taking this Harper thing too far?" Bree says "I didn't think I did anything wrong" Chase says "you're obsessed with this!" Bree says "don't be ridiculous" Chase says.

"Just accept that she won" Bree says "I accepted!" Chase says "No you didn't accept! Why else would you read her notebook, ask to do the project with her, stare at her all day and talk about her all... day... !?" Bree says pensively "Wait a minute!" Bree says in a realized tone "what?" Chase asks.

Bree turns to him "Oh my God...you like her!" Bree says in surprise "What No!" Chase says his voice cracks.

"yes you do!" Bree says moving closer "No I don't!!" Chase closes the notebook and stands up walking away from Bree "yes you do!!...you have a crush on her!" Bree says.

"No Bree! I don't like her, why would I?" Chase says nervously "because you finally meet someone smart like you, and you liked it!" Bree says with a smile, proud of herself for seeing this.

Chase shakes his head wordlessly "and you're just using the awards thing as an excuse to be around her!" Bree says pointing at Chase "Bree that's ridiculous!" Chase says.

"you can tell me Chase, I don't tell anyone" Bree says "I don't have a crush on her!!" Chase says "Keep lying to yourself...but you can't because she's caught you on your weak spot....your brain!" Bree teases him, and leaves.

"I don't have a crush on her!!" Chase says one last time nervously.

......................................................................

Harper enters the lab a few hours later, Chase is organizing project materials "Hey!" Harper says "oh Har..hey Harper" Chase says accidentally knocking some things off the table.

"everything ok?" Harper asks putting the backpack on the table, Chase nods, he was thinking about what Bree Said.

"Uh...everything ready for the project I already have everything in mind" Chase says looking at the table after taking a deep breath.

"Chase can I talk to you first?" Harper says "uh sure!" Chase says "I'm sorry again about the award thing I know how much it meant to you...""It's ok, you deserved it and I already accepted it" Chase gives a slight smile.

"I know but still I think you deserve an explanation" Harper says "Explanation of what exactly?" Chase asks "about everything, I know you've been suspicious of me since that day you asked me about the chips with the memories and everything else that happened after..." Harper says "oh" Chase says.

"so i decided to tell you....tell you something i don't like to tell people" Harper says looking down "i...i'm listening" Chase says and he sits down.

Harper puts a drive on the cyber desk, she shows him some files "what is this?" Chase says digging through the files "well I'm a genius!...these files are all the tests they've taken like IQ tests and brain studies, everything they've done since I was a kid..." Harper says with an upset tone.

"wow!" Chase says in awe "I know it is..." Harper says looking at the ground "amazing!" Chase says looking at the files, Harper looks at him with a surprised face.

"you think?" Harper says "yeah, like I'm just a bionic chip but this..." Chase says, Harper frowns.

"this is real, its incredible, I mean 205 IQ points... it's really impressive" Chase says, Harper smiles but she hides the smile by looking down.

"I don't even understand why you hide it?" Chase says, Harper sighs "well, that's why Krane adopted me in the first place, since then everything I've been through, all my problems have been because of my intelligence, and you more than anyone should know that society in general is intimidated by very intelligent people so I pretend.... I pretend because that way no one will want to take advantage of my intelligence and no one is going to be intimidated by it... and that's why I don't like that part of me" Harper says.

"Why would you tell me that?" Chase says "well...because first, no one has ever questioned me as much as you have, you challenge me which I confess is pretty annoying" Harper says, Chase chuckles.

"And secondly because I think you're the only person who would understand this" Harper says "I think you should be proud of that, it's a part of you...a really amazing part..." Chase looks at her.

"that makes you who you are" Chase says, Harper smiles "thanks" she says, Chase stop looking at her when she looks back at him.

"So you're not mad at me?" Harper says "No" Chase says without looking at her but in a friendly tone "Nice" Harper says starting to think about the project.

......................................................................

The next day Leo and Chase were in the lab talking, when Leo leaves he passes by Harper who enters the Lab.

"Hey Chase!" Harper says "Harper hi!" Chase says oddly excited, he frowns at the way he said it.

"have you seen Adam?" Harper ask "oh...he'll be here in a bit" Chase says, he looks at her whit a smile as she puts her backpack on the table.

"everything okay?" Harper asks "yeah, I spoke to our teacher and our project was the most praised..." Chase says "cool!" Harper says.

"But Adam's project came in second" Chase says Confused, Harper tilts her head and smiles at him "Ooh! got it!" Chase says "what? It was all his credit..." Harper smirk "sure!" Chase laughs.

"I have something for you, by the way" Harper grabs her backpack "oh?" Chase says.

"I had a physics test today...and that was my grade" Harper shows him the physics test "an F!?" Chase says in surprise "this will get you awarded next semester" Harper smiles.

"I can't believe you did that" Chase says "Really, I don't care about grades...but you do so..." Harper says, Chase smiles slightly looking at the paper.

"it's just a way of saying thank you for understanding everything I've told you" Harper says with a slight smile "wow you're welcome that was...really cool thanks" Chase says.

Adam calls Harper upstairs, Chase was about to return the test "No, keep it, it's a gift!" Harper says leaving, Chase looks at the paper.

Harper stops at the door and looks back at him "and Chase!" Harper says he looks at her "Remember that... you're not just a bionic chip, okay?" Harper smiles at him, he nods.

Chase stands there for a second watching her leave, he sighs into a smile, he realizes it and makes a startled look "oh no!" Chase tells himself.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.6K 260 5
Recently rewatched She's the Man and forgot how much I loved the movie. So here's an added OC that I've squished into the movie. 'She's the Man' movi...
102K 2.2K 18
- 𝙴𝚛𝚒𝚔𝚊 𝚒𝚜 𝚊 𝚣𝚘𝚖𝚋𝚒𝚎 𝚠𝚑𝚘 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚋𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚜. 𝚘𝚏 𝙰𝚍𝚍𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚗. 𝙾𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚊𝚍𝚘�...
24.6K 326 31
***Completed until season 5*** In which, Rudy Harrington, younger brother of Steve Harrington, falls madly in love with one of the new girls from Cal...
14.9K 336 65
"𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗟𝗢𝗢𝗞 𝗣𝗥𝗘𝗧𝗧𝗬 𝗪𝗜𝗧𝗛 𝗕𝗟𝗢𝗢𝗗 𝗔𝗟𝗟 𝗢𝗩𝗘𝗥 𝗬𝗢𝗨𝗥 𝗙𝗔𝗖𝗘." the darkest minds - in the afterlight vida x fem!oc extended su...