The Unknown

By heartlessbrock

Third book to Chaos series. Enjoy. More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
112
113
114
115
116
117
118
119
120
121
122
123
124
125
126
127
128
129
130
131
132
133
134
135
136
137
138
139
140
141
142
143
144
145
146
147
148
149
150
151
152
153
154
155
156
157
158
159
160
161
162
163
164
165
166
167
168
169
170
171
172
173
174

97

1.2K 45 41
By heartlessbrock

Colby's POV

"Are you almost ready to go?" I asked as Julia finished getting dressed. "Almost." Julia hummed from the closet.

I had to admit that it felt good to be able to have a touch or normalcy.

We were nowhere near where we needed to be as far as normalcy went, but the fact we were going to see our baby today made me excited.

As horrified as I was to bring a child into the world we were living in,

I was excited that Julia and I were having a kid. I didn't think I wanted kids until I met Julia. I certainly didn't think it would be worth it from how dangerous this all was.

I knew that everyone protect this baby though, and no matter what we wouldn't let anything happen to it.

"How do I look?" Julia asked with a sigh, walking out of the closet and towards me.

She was wearing a tighter shirt that formed to her bump, along with some jeans. "You're beautiful." I said and walked up to her.

"I don't know if it's a good idea to show my belly like this..I just haven't really felt pregnant yet because I've been hiding it." She said anxiously.

"It's maybe not the best idea but if it makes you happy then we'll work around it." I said as her eyes filled with tears.

"No. It's okay." She whispered then turned around to go back into the closet. "Hey." I said and took her hand, stopping her.

"I'm serious, Jules. Wear it if you want." I said as she burst into tears.

"Woah...what is happening?" I asked and wiped her tears away. "Nothing! Nothing is happening!" She sobbed.

"Clearly it's something." I said as she groaned. "It's nothing." She said then pushed away from me and went to get changed.

I sighed then sat down on the bed, knowing she was gonna take a while to figure things out. She's obviously been on edge lately but this was a whole other level of freak out.

"We're gonna be late." Julia mumbled, coming out after a couple minutes wearing a baggy t-shirt.

"We have plenty of time, babe." I said and held my hand out to her. "No." She said and turned to leave the room, not letting me touch her.

"What's wrong, Jules?" I asked and followed her. "Ugh! Nothing, Colby!" She groaned as we made our way downstairs. "Alright." I mumbled, knowing full well something was wrong.

When we got to the car, Julia huffed out a breath as she rubbed her belly. "Are you excited?" I asked and started the car.

"Mhm." She mumbled, looking out the window. We had plenty of time so I decided to swing by Starbucks so I could get Julia a little snack.

"What are we doing?" Julia asked as I chuckled. "Getting you a snack." I said simply then rolled the window down.

"We don't have time." She said as I shook my head. "We have plenty of time." I said then pulled up to the window and ordered her a sandwich and some sort of fruity drink.

"Here, love." I said and handed her the bag and drink. "This smells good." She said then unwrapped the sandwich and started eating it.

I couldn't help but laugh at how quickly her mood was changing as she chewed on her sandwich.

It was almost as if the anger and frustration was melting off of her.

When we got to the doctor's office, I looked over to see Julia slightly bouncing in her seat, looking out the window as she ate her sandwich.

"Feeling better?" I asked as she looked over. "Much better." She said with a smile. "Perfect." I said with a laugh then got out of the car, walking around to help Julia get out of the car.

"Are you excited?" Julia asked as I looked around, making sure to fully take in our surroundings.

I could see Jake and Corey off in the distance watching out for us which was good.

"Yeah, very excited." I said and took her hand, leading her towards the front door. "Maybe we can find out the gender today." She said with a sigh.

"You want to?" I asked as she chewed her lip, putting her hand on her belly.

"I don't know. I don't want to get attached....ya know..in case something happens." She said quietly.

"I understand. Nothing is going to happen to either of you though." I said then kissed her head while we waited for the elevator.

When we got up to the actual office, Julia led the way to the desk. "Checking in?" The front desk worker asked as Julia nodded.

"Briana Wilson." I said as she nodded. "Dr. Moore will be with you shortly." The lady said then gestured for us to sit down.

"Is it bad I'm nervous?" I asked as Julia breathed a laugh. "Bad? No. I think it's normal." She said as we sat down.

It felt so weird being in a place like this after all the violence we've had to deal with lately.

Sitting in a room with artistic vaginas on the wall was most definitely the last place I expected to be as a crime lord who used to kill people regularly.

"Briana?" A nurse asked, breaking my silence. "Come on back." She said as Julia and I stood up.

"How are you feeling?" The nurse asked as we made our way down the hallway.

"Moody." Julia said as the nurse laughed. "Yeah, I'm sure you're really starting to feel some of those intense symptoms." She said then led us to a room.

"Luckily I have an amazing support system here." She said and looked up me.

"I try." I said as Julia got herself situation on the little bed in the middle of the room.

"It's to my understanding that you were in a bit of an accident." The nurse asked as Julia chewed her lip nervously.

"I was jumped." She said as I reached over and took her hand. "We went to the hospital and the doctor there cleared the baby, saying it was looking okay. I've been on bed rest since." She said as the nurse nodded.

"Okay, Dr. Moore will be in shortly. She'll be able to assess the situation further." She said then left the room.

"What if that other doctor sucks and the baby is dead?" Julia asked with tears in her eyes. "Don't think like that." I said quietly.

"I'm just scared." She said as the door opened. "Hi, Briana. How are you feeling?" A woman who I assumed was Dr. Moore said as she walked in.

"Scared." Julia said quietly. "I bet. After what happened to you I can only imagine how scared you must be." She said and started getting stuff set up.

"We'll get things checked out though." She said then looked up at me. "I see you brought a friend." She said, changing the subject.

"This is my fiancé and the father, Robert." Julia said as I held my hand up in a small wave.

"Nice to meet you." I said as she smiled and pulled Julia's shirt up slightly.

"Nice to meet you, too. I trust you've been brought up to speed about what's going on?" Dr. Moore asked as I nodded.

"For the most part." I said and watched as she examined the scars that were healing on Julia's stomach.

"It looks like the incisions are healing nicely which is good." Dr. Moore hummed as Julia squeezed my hand.

"Let's get a look inside." She said and turned the machine on, rubbing some gel on Julia's stomach.

"Everything has been so crazy I don't even know how far along I am." Julia said quietly as the machine booted up.

"Hmmm we'll see what baby is measuring it and I can give you an accurate picture." The doctor said then looked over at me.

"Are you excited to see your baby?" She asked as I nodded. "I hated being away. Thanks for taking good care of her while I wasn't here." I said and kissed Julia's hand.

I could feel the nerves radiating off of her as she watched the screen in front of her.

"It's what I do." Dr. Moore said then started looking for the baby.

"Alright let's see what we got going on." She mumbled then smiled. "That's your baby." She said and pointed to the screen.

"I can't believe it." Julia said quietly as the baby waved its hand.

"Its waving to you." I said with a smile as Dr. Moore smiled. "It looks like your baby is growing well. I'd say we are at the halfway point of the pregnancy..so twenty weeks." She explained as Julia looked at me.

I wanted to look at her but I couldn't take my eyes off the screen. You could fully see that it was a baby with the cutest little button nose ever.

I felt the overwhelming urge to protect that baby with everything in me.

The fact Pops tried to take its life away before I could even see it made me want to kill someone.

I knew that if anyone even laid a finger on this kid or Julia, I would kill them with no hesitation.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

611K 13.8K 181
The third book to the Lucky series. Hope you enjoy!
17.1K 508 14
Book 2- Of the 'Highschool Trauma' series: After moving away with his lover and best friend, Colby had made it his goal to start over. To live a life...
17.6K 349 17
Two souls meet. Is it fate or is something else at play? Fanfiction featuring youtuber Colby Brock. **Some Sexual content/strong language** Story co...
688K 15.5K 97
This is the sequel to Lucky! I don't really know what's gonna happen so enjoy.