The Copyist (One Piece & OC)

By Thattorichick

A 19 year old girl is suddenly reincarnated into a battlefield as a young baby within the world of One Piece... More

Chapter 1: I'm Where!?
Chapter 2: My New Life
Chapter 3: Here Comes Luffy!
Chapter 4: Enter Sabo!
Chapter 5: Our Dreams!
Chapter 6: Love Punch!
Chapter 7: Family
Chapter 9: Take Off!
Chapter 10: The Idol has What!?!
Chapter 11: North Blue
Chapter 12: Oh My Beard
Chapter 13: Mayday!
Chapter 14: What a Croc!
Chapter 15: Hooked into the Situation
Chapter 16: Find It Fast!
Chapter 17: Meet the Crew!
Chapter 18: Day 1 of 365
Chapter 19: Watch Out! Falling Boat!
Chapter 20: Upper Yard
Chapter 21: The Altar
Chapter 22: City of Gold
Chapter 23: Eneru's Scheme
Chapter 24: Ark Maxim
Chapter 25: Giant Jack
Chapter 26: A Balloon What?
Chapter 27: Welcome to G-8, Psych!
Chapter 28: Woah Waterfalls
Chapter 29: Galley-La Company
Chapter 30: Luffy's Decision
Chapter 31: Worrisome Ordeals
Chapter 32: Trapped on a Train
Chapter 33: Interference
Chapter 34: Enies Lobby
Chapter 35: Strawhats' Arrival!
Chapter 36: Finally, Freedom!
Chapter 37: The 8th Straw Hat
Chapter 38: Goodbye, Old Friends
Chapter 39: Water Seven's Wonders
Chapter 40: Our Next Adventure
Chapter 41: Enter the Fog
Chapter 42: A Sticky Situation
Chapter 43: Haunted Woods
Chapter 44: Night Raid
Chapter 45: Hidden Husband
Chapter 46: The Humming Swordsman/I OBJECT!
Chapter 47: Looming Threats
Chapter 48: My Vow
Chapter 49: New Resolves
Chapter 50: Enter the Groove
Chapter 51: Auction of Action
Chapter 52: Trouble Making Trio
Chapter 53: Poof!
Chapter 54: Out of the Frying Pan & Into the Fire
Chapter 55: Prison Break
Chapter 56: Fight to Flee!
Chapter 57: Final Preparations
Chapter 58: Into the Fray!
Chapter 59: Clash of Steel!
Chapter 60: Do or Die
Chapter 61: Our Next Steps...
Chapter 62: A New Season
Chapter 63: A Dark Gloomy Castle: Wish Granted
Chapter 64: Return to the Groove
Chapter 65: YOU'RE ALIVE?!?!
Chapter 66: Into the Deep
Chapter 67: Ugg, Water
Chapter 68: Fake Invite
Chapter 69: Water Fight
Chapter 70: Oh, Another Masterplan
Chapter 71: Hordy's Downfall
Chapter 72: Treasure Hunt Gone Bad
Chapter 73: The Crying Snail
Chapter 74: Enter the Playroom
Chapter 75: A Large 'Room'

Chapter 8: Treasure

4.1K 131 25
By Thattorichick

 Months have passed and the snow is now gone. I've gathered all the needed building materials from Gray Terminal for my aircraft, along with a tarp to keep it covered when I'm not working on it.

This evening there's a huge windstorm along with rain. Ace and Sabo stay inside the hideout near the window and steering wheel to play in the wind. Luffy was sent up into the watchtower to keep our flag from blowing away.

I was standing outside in the rain, holding the tarp down to keep my machine dry. I'm glad I left Chi inside the hideout because I was getting drenched in the rain. My red hair was being wildly thrown around from the wind, slapping my face and arms.

This was going to be a long night. I felt a strand of my hair get caught in my earring on my left ear. It was a small golden hoop. When this happened, I was reminded of when the boys surprised me with gifts.

The boys came home even later than usual, and if it was even possible Luffy had a bigger grin then normal. Once they arrived, Luffy grabbed my attention and placed a small, golden earring in the palm of my hand.

I'd actually missed having my ears being pierced in my past life, so it was a pleasant surprise. "Thanks Luffy! I love it!" I hugged him with a smile before backing up.

"Shishishi." He laughed. "You'll look more like a pirate!"

"Mine next." Ace said, holding out a cloth. The base was black and there were white designs creating several patterns on it. It was a bandana that you could tie around your head or hair, or really anywhere you wanted. "I thought it would match your red hair." Ace said, looking the other way being his usual bashful self.

"Thanks, Ace. It's perfect!" I said, giving him a hug and making him blush even more than he was. I gathered some of my hair and tied the bandana around it to hold it up.

"My turn!" Sabo says with a large smile.

I turned to face him to see that his hands were behind his back. I looked at him in anticipation.

"Well, you've been practicing with that broken blade for a while, so I thought that you would like your very own katana." He said, pulling out a beautiful sword.

The katana's sheath was a vibrant red with golden dragon designs. The hilt was the same color red with black mini rope tied around the handle for better grip. The guard was a bronze color that matched the rest of the katana nicely.

"Thank you thank you thank you!" I yelled going in for a hug. "It's amazing! I can't wait to start practicing with it!" I pulled back and started to look at the katana closer to see that it wasn't only nice but well made. "Say guys, not that I'm not happy, but what's the occasion? Why the sudden gifts?"

"''Happy Birthday!!''" They called out together.

I was stunned. Not because they remembered, but because they were way off. I smiled sheepishly. "Who told you it was my birthday?"

"Luffy!" Sabo said. "We were happy to find out it was coming up soon, so we started to prepare right away." He explained.

I was so touched. They never consider their own birthdays, but they care enough to do something when they thought it was my birthday. I'd never gotten presents in my last life. My parents would say that celebrating me for something they achieved was a waste of money.

I gave them one more big group hug. "You guys are the best! I love you guys!" They froze but I kept going. "I've never gotten a gift before, much less three! This is the best non-birthday ever! Thank you!"

I pulled back to see a grinning Luffy and the other two beat red. After a minute they shook their heads and snapped out of it.

"W-wait, what do you mean by non-birthday?" Sabo choked out, still red.

"Well my birthday isn't for another couple of months." I explained, while Chi backed me up with a 'Chi'.

"Is that so?" Ace asks before he and Sabo turn to stare at Luffy.

They both pounced him. "Luffy, you said it was going to be today!" Ace griped.

"We wouldn't have gone that quick if it wasn't here yet!" Sabo added on.

I laughed. "Hey Sabo!"

He stopped attacking Luffy, "Hm?"

"Will you help me pierce my ear?" I asked, pulling back my hair and grabbing a medical needle.

That night he helped me pierce my ear, so that I could wear the earring that Luffy got me. I pulled the hair that was tangled in it out of the way from the wind.

The weather finally calmed down, but the hideout was all but destroyed. We decided to head to Gray Terminal to get some building supplies to fix it up.

I didn't remember what happened at this point in the story, but I had a bad feeling in my gut. I left Chi to guard the hideout just in case. I also left my new katana and grabbed the old broken one. "We'll be back soon Chi. Wait for us here." I told her before heading out after the guys.

We arrived and started to gather supplies without any problem. The only creepy feeling was that it felt like we were being watched. I shook it off and went with Ace to gather materials with Luffy. Sabo went to a different section, but he was still close.

All of sudden we heard a commotion near the area where Sabo was, so we ran over quickly. He was surrounded by several Bluejam pirates. Even their captain was here. Ace, Luffy, and I all took out one guy and backed up Sabo.

We started to charge for the captain before he pulled out a gun and shot at Ace's feet. The boys then ran to the side to find cover from the bullets, but I kept running towards the captain.

"That's not gonna work on me!" I shouted, nearing the taller man.

"Ah, yes. I'd heard there was a girl with a devil fruit in the group."

I jumped towards him. My broken blade prepared to clash with his. It landed grinding the blade against him until he pushed back. He went to punch me. I turned into smoke to dodge it, but it still landed, causing pain to explode within me.

"H-how was she hit?!" Luffy cried out.

"What did you do?!" Ace roared.

I was wondering the same even if my head was spinning from the hit. I hadn't been hit in years, so I didn't have any built up immunity to the punch. Even if he was a pirate, he was supposed to be a nobody. Someone who didn't even know about haki, so how?

"Ah, that? I simply came prepared is all. Sea stone makes for a good repellent for devil fruit users!" He laughed as I was still on the ground.

I tried to make myself stand up, but he just pressed me back down with his foot before cuffing me with seastone. I felt drained like I never have before like I was suddenly left in a desert for weeks. I slumped to the ground even further, not having the energy to stand up.

"Ahh! Get away from her!" Ace yelled jumping into action, followed by Sabo and Luffy.

"Leave Ama alone!" Luffy shouted.

"How dare you!" Sabo added.

They didn't make it far. I could hear the sound of them being stopped, along with their shouts of protests.

It took all my energy to lift my head, but I was greeted with a terrible sight. They were all in the arms of pirates, struggling to break free.

"Let me go and I'll kick your butts!" Luffy wailed.

"Ya jerks!" Sabo griped himself, while Ace was just grunting in irritation.

Suddenly Sabo and Ace froze, looking at something behind me and the captain that was still stepping on my back.

A group of armed guards in matching uniforms were approaching, along with Sabo's father. So that's what caused this. I need to get free, or else Sabo will be taken from us. I tried to move, but the captain just added more pressure making me wince from the pain.

Sabo's father approached us before coming to a stop and examining the situation. He frowned at the sight.

"We didn't harm a hair on him, mister." The captain said to him before signaling his man to bring Sabo over.

"Sabo!" Ace called as Sabo was struggling to get free.

"So they are the one who tempted Sabo into evil." His father talked about us.

"Give him back!" Luffy demanded.

"What do you mean 'give him back?' Sabo is my son. Kids have to live as their parents say because the parents brought them into the world. How dare you tempt Sabo to run away!?" He yelled at us.

"Maybe you should be asking yourself why he would want to run away!" I yelled at him, getting his attention. "You never cared about anything but yourself!"

"Ah, so you're the temptress then." He chuckled darkly. "I see now. It was you who corrupted my son! What are you after? Money?"

"What did you say?!" Ace asked, outraged at the idea. The pirate who held him, then slammed him hard into the ground. Some of his blood hit Sabo's father.

"Ace!" I called out weakly.

He grinnanced at the blood on his cheek. "Hey pirate! Be careful about hitting a kid! I got that trashy kid's blood all over me!" He complained while wiping it off.

Sabo slipped out of his holder's grasp and ran to his father. "Stop it! Nobody tempted me! I ran away of my own will!" He shouted.

"You stay out of this!" His father yelled back at him before getting people to hold him there. He then turned to the captain. "I'll leave the rest up to you, pirates."

"Of course, mister. You've already paid us for this. We will take care of these two boys and the little girl so they won't bother your boy again." He said with fake politeness.

"Wait a minute, Bluejam! Dad, that's enough! I understand!" Sabo called out.

"What do you understand?" His father asked him.

"Don't do it Sabo!" Ace yelled from the ground.

"Sabo," I weakly called, hoping that he would understand.

Forcing his lips to move, Sabo answered. "I'll do as you say. I'll live as you want, so please don't hurt them. I'm begging you! They're very important to me, they're my brothers and best friend."

"Then go home right now." His father ordered. "You should stop playing pirate. It's a waste of time."

Sabo frowned before turning around to walk away.

"Hey! Don't go!" Ace cried out to him. Only to be shoved back into the ground. Ace pushed through and kept speaking. "Sabo, run! You shouldn't have to worry about us! You said you wanna live freely with us!"

"Sabo, don't go!" Luffy called too.

"Are you gonna put an end to your dream!" Ace yelled.

"S-sabo!" I managed to speak out before the captain pressed on my back more, getting rid of what little air I had.

Sabo was then pushed to start walking, but I could tell from his shoulders that he was crying.

"Captain! What should we do with these kids?" One of the pirates asks.

"Take them to the hideout."

"Yes, Sir."

We were brought to some hideout built next to some large rocks. Luffy was still yelling at them, but I was still drained from the seastone to focus too hard. Ace and Luffy were tied up separately but forced to sit back to back. I was next to them on the ground not even having the energy to sit up.

"Untie me! Fight me again! I'm not gonna lose this time!"

"Be quiet!" One of the guards snapped.

"Why did you bring us here?" Ace asks.

"It must be nice to be a noble, don't you think so, brats? They look down on everyone, living an easy life. Don't you think that's nice?" The captain replied.

"What are you getting at?" Ace questions.

"Being a pirate is better! That's what Sabo said!" Luffy yelled.

"I'm starting to feel bad for you guys. Untie them. Leave the girl." He ordered.

He then tried to convince us that Sabo was only around to make fun of us, but Ace and Luffy refused to believe it for a second. I'm proud of them.

"S-sabo would never betray us, so we won't betray him. He's family." I spoke out just loud enough for them to hear.

"Ama!" Luffy smiled.

"My bad. My bad. If you think of him as family it's best to leave him alone. For his own good." He tried a different approach.

Ace seemed to take that one to heart more.

"Ace, don't be fooled by him." I say. "No matter what, Sabo's unhappy there and didn't grow. How could that be better for him than being surrounded by those who care." I started to pant after talking. It was draining to even speak with these cuffs on.

Luffy immediately agreed with him.

"Ya know girlie you're starting to get on my nerves even drained of energy. If you guys go after him, I'll have no choice but to kill you now. That would be such a waste though. How about this instead? You two boys go run some errands for me. I'm short handed at the moment. Don't worry I'll pay, but your little girlfriend here will stay with me as insurance."

Ace looked over at me for my opinion. I nodded my head. If it could get them out of here, that's the best option. Either way I'm stuck here, but at least they'll be safe.

"We'll do it." Ace declared, despite Luffy's protest.

"Perfect, that is a map of Gray Terminal." He pointed to a map, sitting on a barrel. "All you have to do is deliver the packages to the marked locations. We'll talk later about releasing your little friend here after the job is done."

The boys left with a few others to start delivering wooden crates to Gray Terminal. I shuddered, remembering that those crates held explosives.

I forced myself to sit up and make my way over to a wall to rest on. It was painfully slow. The captain watched me the whole time with amusement in his eyes. Mostly likely from my struggle to even get this far. I wouldn't be able to stand if I tried.

I raised my eyes, so that mine met with his. "You have no intention to give me back to them, isn't that right?" I asked.

He laughed along with the other pirates. "You're a clever one, ain't ya!" He continued to laugh. "You're right though. With your looks and your devil fruit I'm going to sell you to the Celestial Dragon when they visit in a couple days."

Horror filled my entire system. I know how a celestial dragon treats their slaves. Like a dog with an explosive collar that was only good for entertainment.

I know that the captain won't let Ace and Luffy near me, so when the fire breaks out, I'll have to escape or else I'll be sold.

***Two Days Later***

I was right. I haven't been able to see Ace or Luffy since they left here. I could hear the raging fire in the distance, so I was slightly worried. I know that Dadan would save them, but it was hard to separate knowing about this world and living in it.

I was the only one on the pirate ship since the captain and all his goons went to Gray Terminal to finish their job. I recalled that they would be double crossed by the Gao Kingdom, but I don't remember if the captain survived or not. That means I need to get out of here in case he returns.

The captain was cocky. He placed my cuff key near his fancy seat, so I started to make my way there. I hadn't been fed in three days and been given minimal water. I was even weaker than when they first cuffed me. About halfway to the chair, I collapsed. I didn't have the energy to continue. Tears of frustration started to prickle my eyes until I heard a sound.

"Chi!"

I turned towards the noise and saw Chi. My beautiful cloud fox. "Chi," I croaked.

She ran over to me and started to nestle my cheek. "I missed you too," I said. "The key is in the chair." I looked over to it.

She scampered over them, rummaging around until she found it. She held it in her mouth and brought it over the the cuffs in front of me. Placing it in the correct section, Chi turned it with her mouth, freeing me from the cuffs.

It felt like ten tons of bricks were lifted off of me. I was still tired and hungry, but I was able to move again. I picked Chi up and hugged her. "Who's the smartest cloud fox!" I cried in victory.
"Chi!" Chi cried.

"That's right! Chi! Let's get out of here before they come back!" We made our way out of the crappy ship, and towards the cliff were the boys and I talked about our dreams. I know that they will come here at some point.

Once I reached the cliff, I fell to the ground.

"Chi!" Chi fearfully squeaked.

"I'm okay Chi. Just exhausted." I explained, calming her down. "I'm going to take a nap."

I was startled awake by the sound of fireworks popping overhead. I don't know how long I was asleep, but judging by my soreness it was a long time.

Turning my head to see the connotation, I saw hundreds of people near the kingdom's entrance, gathering to welcome the Celestial Dragon. What morons.

I could see the large ship coming closer to shore. I also saw a small fishing boat making its way towards the large vessel. Sabo! He's already leaving!

His small boat went to the side of the larger ship to avoid being hit, but then it suddenly burst into flames. My eyes widened. Then the small ship got hit again, causing it to sink into the sea.

Tears started streaming down my eyes. Even if I knew he would live, it was so real. It was hard to separate knowledge and experience. It was still heartbreaking to think that he was injured and scared. Who wouldn't be after waking up with no memory of who you are?

Chi started to sniff in sadness, too. "Come here, Chi." I called. She walked over and snuggled against me. "He'll make it somehow. I'm sure we'll see him again." I struggled to say with tears impeding my breathing.

I stayed on that cliff for several days, unmoving. Chi found fruits in the forest to bring me, so I wouldn't starve. One day I heard a rustling coming from the forest behind me. I turned and saw Ace staring at me wide-eyed.

"Ace."

He rubbed his eye. "I'm not dreaming am I?" He asks.

"Why would you be dreaming?"

He rushed towards me and enveloped me in a hug. "We thought you were dead." He said in a sad tone. "We returned to the pirate's ship to find it burned to the ground. You were nowhere to be found." I hugged him back.

"I'm okay. Chi rescued me, and then I made my way here. I haven't had the energy to return home."

"Chi!" Chi agreed.

He hugged me tighter before letting go. "Welcome, back." He said.

I smiled sadly. I noticed that he was holding a paper in his hand. "What's that?"

His face darkened. "Sabo sent a letter." He said, handing it to me.

"A-ace, I saw it happen." I said looking at the ocean. "His ship...I watched it explode." Tears started to fall again before I looked back at him.

"I know. Dogra told us." He paused, sitting next to me to watch the sea. "Read it."

I opened the letter and read it.

Ace, Luffy, Amaya, I hope you guys weren't hurt in the fire. I'm worrying about you guys but believe that you're okay. I'm sorry to say it, but when you get this letter, I'll already be out on the sea. Things led to other things and I decided to set out to sea before you. Sadly, I didn't get the chance to ask Amaya if she ever chose me to be her captain. My destination will be anywhere but here. I'm gonna become stronger and become a pirate. The four of us will live as the freest pirates! One day, let's meet up again somewhere.

By the way, Ace, which of us do you think is the bigger brother? Two big brothers, one little brother, and a great friend to protect even if she doesn't need it. It's odd but our brotherhood and friendship is my treasure. Luffy is still a weak cry baby, but he is our little brother so take good care of him! Please look after Amaya, too! You know what she means to us!

My tears were falling even harder after the letter. I'm going to miss him so much. Ace put an arm around my shoulder as he also started to cry. It took awhile, but we let it all out of our systems.

"I'll become stronger." Ace declared. "I'll be strong enough to protect you both."

"I will too. I'll become strong enough, so you won't have to worry about me." I leaned into his shoulder. "Does Luffy know about Sabo?"

"Yeah, he's back at Dadan's. He also thinks you're gone too."

I nod in understanding. "Will you help me home? I think he could use some cheering up."

Ace knelt down in front of me. "Hop on."

I did as I was told and he stood up. "Come up, Chi!" I called.

Chi bounced up landing on Ace's shoulder while I rested my head on the other. "Let's go home." I said. He started the trek there.

When we entered our room at Dadan's, Luffy was a crying mess. I don't know how but it got worse once he saw me.

"A-Ama!" He cried out before lunging at me and Ace who was still carrying me. After some time he calmed down but refused to let us go.

"I wanna become stronger." Luffy said. "So strong that I don't have to lose anyone again! Ace! Ama! I beg you! Don't die!"

Ace whacked him over the head. "Cut it out! Worry about yourself first!" Ace yelled at him. "You're far weaker than both me and Amaya! Listen carefully, Luffy! I'll never die!" He declared.

"Uh-huh!" Luffy agreed.

"Sabo told me to take care of you two. Amaya I don't have to worry about too much besides that flying machine of hers. I promise that I'll never die. How can I leave a wimpy brother like you behind?"

Luffy nodded in agreement a couple of times, trying to calm down his tears.

"I'm not smart, so I don't quite know what really killed Sabo yet. But it must be something opposed to freedom. Sabo died before he knew freedom. We exchanged that same cup of sake and we're still alive. So listen. We have to live without regrets." He finished saying before looking at me.

I smiled and nodded in response, and Luffy nodded too.

"We gotta go out to sea someday and live as we like. Freer than anyone. That means we'll make enemies of many people. Even the old man will be our enemy. You gotta risk everything. Let's set out to sea at seventeen! And we will become pirates!" He concluded.

As of now I'm ten. That means I have seven years to become an expert with my katana, learn armament haki, and finish my flier. With newfound determination I made a vow to become strong enough to live to see Sabo again, save Ace from his death, and watch Luffy become King of the Pirates, along with learning my history.

It's a lot on my plate, but I can't wait to get started.

_____________________________________________________________________________

That was the last chapter of them as children. Hope you enjoyed! Until Next Time...

World_Imaginer 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25K 840 22
REWRITING / PUT ON HOLD . || 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐦𝐲 𝐝𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐥 𝐟𝐫𝐮𝐢𝐭, 𝐢𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐢𝐭? ⸺ on a sandy seafront, a naive girl dies and a beautiful...
27.9K 357 33
You met a boy with a straw hat back in impel down apparently your friend Ace was his brother. He said his name was Luffy and you said you really want...
24.4K 795 35
Book 1: No Regrets, Right? --- It's been 2 years since the Battle of Marineford. 2 years since the straw hats were separated. After taking off from...
40.9K 1.2K 19
(Y/N) has never had a family as long as she could remember. For the past 5 years she's been dressing up as a boy, to hide the fact that she is a woma...