The Mad Bounty Hunter of Remn...

Autorstwa User456as

When a young Ex-Gang lord was betrayed by his own blood is suddenly transported Remnant to start again... or... Więcej

Chapter 1: New Line of Work
Chapter 2: Talking it Through
Chapter 3: Me?
Chapter4: The Hunt continues
Chapter 5: Sea Problem
Chapter 6: Welcome to Atlas
Chapter 7: Snow Day
Chapter 8: Transport
Chapter 9: Scout
Chapter 10: Motion
Chapter 11: Mentor
Chapter 12: A Regular Day
Chapter 13: Confrontation
Chapter 14: A Friendly Meeting
Chapter 15: Talk
Chapter 16: Hostage
Chapter 17: Corrupt
Chapter 18: Heists
Chapter 19: The Showdown
Chapter 20: The Seeker
Chapter 21: The Air Ship
Chapter 22: Travel
Chapter 23: Again?
Chapter 24: Trouble
Chapter 25: Massacre
Chapter 26: Another Day, Another Memory
Chapter 27: Old Man's Deal
Chapter 28: Meeting
Chapter 29: Gone Wrong
Chapter 30: Discipline
Chapter 31: Unlikely Evening
Chapter 32: Origins
Chapter 33: More Truths
Chapter 34: Who's Side Are You On?
Chapter 35: Finding the Train to Hell
Chapter 37: Calm Before the Storm
Chapter 38: Lesson Taught...
Chapter 39: Lesson Learned
Chapter 40: Beacon Days
Chapter 41: Beacon Days Pt.2
Chapter 42: The Fall of Beacon
Update!

Chapter 36: Found the Train to Hell!

744 20 7
Autorstwa User456as

As the sun began to set the group headed to their small camp in the building that was several stories high. The group was taking shifts and it was Ruby's shift while Hector and the rest of the group slept for the night.

Ruby was a few feet away near an opening overlooking the ruined city of Mount Glen. Oobleck was out with his back up against the a wall which Hector could only imagine the back pain in the morning. Nearby was Blake, Yang and Weiss near a small campfire that they made.
Hector was somewhere between Oobleck and the trio laying on a thin mattress he wished he had swapped for a better one.

Before Hector began to sleep he heard Yang say,

"Hey Blake. Are you awake?"

"Yeah"

Blake said turning around to look at Yang. Hector was going to tell them to shut up and sleep since they were going to do alot of fighting but decided to listen instead.

"Why do you think Oobleck asked us about being Huntresses. Like... what was he trying to say?" Yang asked which Blake said,

"Maybe he was just curious."

"You think?"

"...No..."

'Oh my God where is the gossip!' Hector thought since there wasn't anything interesting that has happened since they came here.

"Weiss are you awake?"

"Of course I'm awake!" Weiss whispered yelled before adding.
"You two keep talking and I think he... when I said I wanted to honor my family's name I meant it, but it's not what you think."

'I'm getting tired of people drone on about honor and tradition. Like why do I have to be honorable when the guy I'm fighting would put my head on a stick?' Hector thought in response.

"I'm not stupid."

'You're big stupid.' Hector thought which he held back a giggle.

"I'm fully aware of what my father has done to the Schnee Dust Company. Since he took control our business has operated in a... moral grey area."

"That's putting it lightly." Blake said which Hector couldn't help but think,

'Very lightly. I would know.' He also thought about the kids he met in the crater. He wondered if they were okay and if Citrine used the money to fix her inn.

"Which is why I feel the need to make things right." Weiss said sitting up.
"If I had taken a job in Atlas it wouldn't have changed anything."

'Or you could've worked as his personal assistant and before making him sign some papers you could slip in a paper that would transfer the SDC from him to you... I could tell her... nah!' Hector thought waving the thought away.

"My father wasn't the start of our name and I refuse to let him be the end of it." Weiss concluded before laying back down which Blake then began to talk.

"All my life I fought for what I thought was right. I had a partner named Adam."

Hector then used every fiber in his being to not suddenly jump up and say,

'ADAM?! As in Adam fucken Taurus?!'

"More of a mentor actually. He always assured me that what we were doing would make the world a better place. Of course his idea of a 'perfect' future wasn't perfect for everyone."

Blake then looked up at the concrete ceiling and added,

"I joined the academy because Huntsmen and Huntresses were regarded as the world's most noble warriors."

'You've clearly never met rogue Huntsmen before.' Hector thought before remembering Deathslinger from Vacuo and the nice scar he left him.

"Always fighting for good."

'Or missions worth alot of lien.' Hector internally added.

"But I never really thought past that. When I leave the academy what will I- how can I deduce so many years of hate?"

Blake said in a unsure voice and look before Yang comforted her.

"I'm sure you'll figure it out. You're not one go back down from a challenge Blake."

"But I am!" Blake slightly raised her voice.
"I do it all the time. When you learned I was a faunus I didn't know what to do so I ran. When when my oldest partner became a monster I ran. Even my... semblance. I was born with thr ability to leave behind a shadow of myself. A empty copy that can take the hit while I run away."

'She has some serious ethical problems that will need to get treated at some point.' Hector thought.

"Atleast you two have something that drives you."

'Now the bimbo's turn!' Hector thought before waiting to see what problems she has.

"I've always gone with the flow you know? I mean that's fine it's who I am but... how long can I really do that for?"

'Up until you realize you have no long term goals or achievements and will not be happy with the person looking back in the mirror.' Hector responded in his head.

"I want to be a Huntress not really because I want to be a hero but... because I want the adventure. I want a life without knowing what tomorrow will bring and that'll be a good thing.'

'Double edged sword but can't argue with that.' Hector thought.

"Being a Huntress just happens to line up with that. I'm not like Ruby, she's always wanted to be a Huntress. It's like she said, ever since she was a kid she dreamt about being a hero in the books. Helping people and saving day... and never asking for anything in return. Even when she couldn't fight she knew that's what she wanted to do." Yang said smiling at Ruby.

'Wow I just got alot of psychological information from you three. This will serve me very well.' Hector thought happily.

"That's why she trains so hard everyday." Yang said before Weiss got up and said,

"She's just still a kid." Which Blake interjected with,
"She's just two years younger. We're all kids."

"Speak for yourselves." Hector said before thinking: 'You just had to be a smartass!'

Then the trio snapped their heads at him before Weiss said,
"How long have you been eavesdropping?"

"Is it really eavesdropping when three girls who are less than five feet away wake you up and talk about their insurcurites and goals in life?" Hector said sitting up.

"..."

"..."

"You're a awful person you know that?" Weiss said before Hector responded with.

"I'm not awful I'm just... realistic."

"What would you know about what we're going through." Blake said slightly glaring at Hector who answered.

"You're right I don't but then again I've seen people like you who's had a similar problem like you. You want to to help the tensions and hate between faunus and humans but like you said. How can I one person change centuries worth of hate? You can't."

Blake then glared at him but before she could say anything Hector added,

"Alone."

"What?" Blake said with her head slightly tilted.

"You can't do it alone and do you think you're the only one who can change it? That's your problem: You think you have to tackle the problem by yourself when there are others like you who want to better the lives of faunus around Remnant. Sure it's not going to be easy but that doesn't mean you'll have to do it alone which you can look for someone to oh I don't know... give you support?"

Hector then looked between Weiss and Yang. Which Yang then gave a comforting nod.

"I- Thank you... I guess I was so focused on myself I didn't stop and think of my team." Blake said looking at the campfire.

"Wow... didn't think a kid who kills people would be so wise." Yang said which Hector said sarcastically.

"Oh it's not like traveled all across Remnant, met with people of all walks of life or anything."

"Still, I thought you would probably tell us to shut up or something." Yang replied which Hector then answered.

"I was thinking about so you're not completely off. But the point I'm trying to make is this:
When you look for a team it's people who can make up for your own shortcomings not bring the same mess you do. That's why the team I picked in Vacuo made up for what I lacked but more importantly I learned from them. Expanding on what little I knew into something greater. Your team has potential and coming from me that's saying something. But whether or not the four of you find that connection is up to each and every one of you."

The four of them stared at the bounty hunter with what one could say was a mix of surprise, impressed, or even shocked that he had wisdom. They would've expected something like that from Ozpin or some other professors at Beacon but to hear it from the Mad Bounty Hunter of Remnant himself it... it felt different. Perhaps they would take his advice, if not? Well Hector wasn't one to care so much for others.

LINEBREAK...

In the early hours of the morning but Ruby was nowhere to be seen. They figured she'd gone out to scout ahead. During the morning Hector and the group readied up to head out before Yang asked.

"What's the plan?"

"Head down to the White Fang base and... take out anyone who points a gun or something sharp at us." Hector replied before spinning his revolver.

"And by take out you mean knocking them out right?" Blake asked.

"..."

"Right?"

Before Hector could continue being silent Zwei came running and barking at them which Yang says,

"What's wrong Zwei?"

Zwei then proceeded and bark followed by him spinning around and running away which they all began to run after Zwei.

"Wait where are you- God damn it!" Hector shouted in frustration before he thought,

'This is the last time I take one of these jobs!'

Hector continued to follow the group before Zwei stopped in front of a large hole leading into a large hole where Ruby's gun was nearby.

"God damn it Ruby you had one job." Hector mumbled indee his breath.

"You think she fell?" Weiss asked which Hector sarcastically shouted,

"No she floated up! Of course she fell down!"

Hector then lowered his head into the hole to find a large underground city which he remembered reading about. He looked around some more until he found a old but still somewhat readable white sign that said:

'Tunnel 3C'

"Ah shit Ruby fell into the tunnel next to the tunnel we're supposed to go to... well here I go killing again." Hector said before jumping into the hole before Oobleck and the rest of team RWBY.

Meanwhile...

"Hahaha you are way more manageable without that oversized gardening tool of yours." Roman said while leaning in his cane.

'When Neo said he'd let us beat up some kids around I thought he was kidding! Man that deal I struck with him was one of the best decisions I've ever made!' Roman thought happily.

Ruby then got up and tried to punch Roman only to be tripped by his cane.

"But seriously how did you find this place Red?" Roman asked Ruby.

Of course he already knew. It was obvious that Roman was only playing the confident/obedient card to give Cinder and her two kids the illusion that he had no ulterior motive. If this was the Bounty Hunter's gift to him for his cooperation then he was all for it. However Neo did mention to get ready to head towards the front of the train to avoid getting blown up or eaten by Grimm.

Ruby then without warning used her semblance to try and run away. Roman the looked behind him to see Ruby running before aiming the hook end of his cane at Ruby before reeling her in.

"I appreciate the entertainment but let me make this clear! We're not done with you-"

*BOOM

Roman then looks up instantly trying to find the source of it.

"Um Perry can you and the boys take care of that? I'm in the middle of something."

Perry the terrorist nodded but then,

*BOOM

"What is going on here!?" Roman shouted before seeing in the distance a explosion followed by a group of White Fang grunts running and screaming.

'Oooh he's here.' Roman thought as he saw the rest of team RWBY and a Huntsmen but no Bounty Hunter.

He wasn't going to lie to himself he was a bit more on edge now since he was now in a spot where the Bounty Hunter could take him out.

Then suddenly Ruby hopped on his shoulders and pushed down on his hat before running towards the group.

"Get everyone on the train we are leaving!" Roman shouted to the nearby Perry who said,
"But we're not finished loading the-"

Roman then pushed the terrorist up against the train car via his can and said,
"Do it or you're-"

"T-T-T-The..." One White Fang grunt with a pistol started to stutter heavily while looking up.

Before Roman could question why he looked like he was going to pee himself he looked to see the Bounty Hunter launching himself from the ceiling holding Sion's sword in a reverse grip.

Jumping out of the way the Bounty Hunter then put Sion's sword right through his shoulder which resulted in the rest of the blade going through the terrorist's body.

"It's the Bounty Hunter!" One of the grunts yelled out before him and another grunt rushed him with machetes.

One of the grunts attacked with a overhead attack which Hector blocked and kicked with but used his air boosters to launch him into the nearby wall. The other thrusted his machete foward which Hector then used his left gauntlet to redirect away from him attacking the grunt with two slashes across his chest followed up by him thrusting his sword through his body.

Then three White Fang grunts opened fire on the bounty hunter which Roman took as a opportunity to run.

Hector used his sword to block any oncoming bullets as he ran at them. Switching Sion's sword from his right hand to his left he quickly drew Deathslinger's revolver and returned fire.

One died to a bullet straight to the head before Hector put Sion's sword right through another grunt's body. He then used said body as a meatshield to block the oncoming fire from the third bandit. To the terrorist's horror they ran out of bullets which they then see Hector drop the bullet riddled body of their friend and look at them.

Hector then launched himself at the terrorist but said terrorist was suddenly whipped away. Hector looked at where the attack came from to see Blake looking at him with a very angry expression.

Before either of them could say anything they heard Roman over the intercom.

"Everyone in position we are leaving now!"

Then the rest if the group caught up which Hector said,
"All aboard the train hell! Haha!"

"You need some help dude." Yang said as they got on the caboose which Hector replied,

"Oh before I forget there are a few things I need say-"

"Um professor?" Weiss said while with Blake while looking into some type of small compartment.

"Doctor." Oobleck said sternly before he looked at Weiss was pointing at.

"That my dear appears to be a bomb."

"What?!" The four yelled out before Hector added while looking at Ruby.

"I was going to mention it before someone fell into a hole."

"What!"

"And nearly every train car has one." Hector said nonchalantly.

"What?!" Team RWBY yelled.

"And each car will detach itself from the train, explode making a hole for the Grimm to come into." Hector said kinda quickly.

"WHAT?!"

Team RWBY simply looked at him with a utter shock before Hector said

"Are you going to stand there or can I go back to killing terrorists-"

Then Hector's sixth sense suddenly made him duck as a bullet whizzed past him. Turning around he saw White Fang soldiers on top of the train carts heading towards them.

Hector then put away his sword and got his shotgun and said,
"Yang, Blake on me! We're heading through the train cars. Oobleck, Ruby, Spoiled Brat."

"Hey!"

"You three go on top and take out their mechs. We'll meet you up front. Now let's go, we only have a few minutes before the explosives I set up go off." Hector said before jumping down through a hatch which Weiss mumble,

"Unbelievable."

Then Blake and Yang followed Hector below running through train car after train car. Before they ran into a short girl with pink and brown hair standing in the middle of the train car.

"I got this. This one is mine." Yang said before getting in a fighting stance. Which Hector said,

"Knock yourself out."

Then Blake and him ran past Neo. However Hector didn't run past her without giving her a slight nod and Neo nodding back with a smirk.

'He doesn't disappoint.' Neo thought as Yang walked up to her.

In the next cart both Blake and Hector ran into Adam's right hand man who as he walked towards then dragged a chainsaw sword along the ground.

"I finally get a chance to kill the Bounty Hunter himself." He said which Hector replied,

"You'll make a nice addition to my collection. Go get Roman! I'll deal with him myself."

Blake shot him a glare before running past the lieutenant. Who simply chuckled as he readied his chainsaw sword.

Hector then put away his shotgun and began to shoot. Originally he would've just shot him to death but knew Traya was right when she said that he couldn't always rely on his guns. He then took out Sion's sword and held it with two hands in front of him.

The lieutenant then horizontal swung his chainsaw at Hector who redirected the attack up before leaping foward and kicking the lieutenant in the stomach.

He stumbled back before running at Hector and doing a overhead strike. Hector held his ground but because of the nature of Sion's sword it created tiny bits of molten hot pieces of metal that went everywhere hitting both Hector and the lieutenant.

"Pinche animal!" Fucken animal!
Hector yelled out in Spanish as a few pieces of molten hot metal hit his hand. The lieutenant wasn't affected as much since he had an aura however his chainsaws chain was melted to the mechanism itself which made the chainsaw now but a simple two handed sword.

So when he saw the bounty hunter flicking his hands in the air he said,

"And to think the famous bounty hunter lacks an aura. You truly think of yourself unstoppable?"

Hector then gripped Sion's sword even harder in anger before saying,
"Hard to get an aura when the person that used to be here has died."

Hector then without warning ran at the lieutenant who then thrusted his chainsaw foward. Right before the chainsaw hit Hector he used his air boosters to launch himself over him and boosting himself foward and impaling the lieutenant who while shaking let go of his weapon. Hector then grabbed his shoulder and pulled it back.

As the lieutenant's body slid down the blade he looked at the bounty hunter who loomed over his head. Then with his last bit of strength he said,

"I-I might have been d-d-defeated b-but Adam Taurus w-will...find...you."

Before the lieutenant finally passed from this world to the next Hector replied,

"I'm counting on it."

Hector then lumped his body foward, freeing his blade and grabbing his prize. However his weapon was ruined but his mask was still intact, though it had small metal pieces melted from when their blades met. Grabbing the mask and sliding it into one of the coat's inside pockets he then went up ahead.

He then saw Blake standing over Roman with the tip of the blade directly at his face.

"Ah there he is! Can you tell kitty cat here that we're on the same side? My back is killing me right now." Roman said which Blake responded,

"You really think that he would let you go? I'm probably the only one here that's stopping him from killing you."

"Um no. He's actually my informant."

"What?" Blake said snapping her head at Hector who added,

"Yes my informant. How did you think I knew what tunnel it was? Now are you going to keep him down on the ground or can we get out of here before the train explodes?"

"..."

"See? I always tell the truth."  Roman said with a smile before Blake took her foot off of him before Roman got up and got his cane but not without readjusting his iconic bowler hat.

"Now that we're all settled... let's regroup and head out. Oh and I trust Neo will get out?" Hector asked which Roman replied,

"Trust me out of all of us she's most likely to come out of this alive."

"Good enough." Hector said before the unlikely trio left the main train car via the hatch to find the rest of team RWBY. Weiss however had Yang's shoulder over her while Yang held the side of her head.

"Um why's Torchwick there with-"

"He's my informant along with Neo now if you don't mind... JUMP!" Hector yelled as he jumped off which the group looked ahead to see a large red 'X' which they took it as a sign to jump off.

After the group of unlikely allies jumped off they saw the head of the train suddenly explode once it crossed the X which made a hole larger than expected.

'Note to self: Go easy on the grenades.'

"Come on! Let's go before the Grimm catch up!" Hector said as he began to jog towards the slope leading upwards.

"You know you really know how to put up a good show." Roman said which Hector replied,

"Yes and Neo told you what comes next?"

"Yeah yeah." Roman said sadly while the group looked at Vale's most wanted man and the Mad Bounty Hunter of Remnant talking to each other like it was a regular thing.

Times have certainly changed perhaps for the better... or worse.

Author's Note: There's Chapter 36 for ya! Also I want to take to note that the this chapter was 3724 words which I'm proud of. Anyway have a great day and see yall next chapter! Adios!

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

70.7K 2.1K 48
Fangs as sharp as swords. Wires so strong that rumors said he could trap gods. Poison so strong that it could kill or paralyze Grimm. The most wanted...
74.4K 1.4K 26
A boy no less then 16 years old was always nice to everyone no matter how rude they was how mean they was he would help them but he always had though...
4.6K 119 7
What if a certain mercenary or a bounty hunter was revived and brought back to remnant filled with desire for revenge. Let's go ahead and witness the...
35.1K 286 21
A boy by the name (Y/N) Stone and his sister Ashley had lost their parents at a difficult time. (Y/N) had just started going to Beacon Academy and ha...