Tension - Alex Morgan [GxG]

By Imsoboredidkwhattodo

Alex Morgan x Y/N Reader {GxG} Other main characters include: Kelley O'Hara, Abby Dahlkemper and other USWN... More

Part 0
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45

Part 22

1.2K 42 3
By Imsoboredidkwhattodo

Y/N's POV:

Kelley and I were walking onto the training field, the familiar clicking sound of our studs against the ground finally dampened once we stepped onto the grass. "You're whipped Y/N, problem is I can't tell who it is causing it", she laughed as I tried to push her over. "No but seriously, are you sticking it out with Abby or...", she sobered.

"I don't fucking know Kelley", I told her honestly, feeling like there was a weight tied to my ankles dragging me down further and further. 

"Onto other news, I heard you're not resigning...what's going on there then?", she asked excitedly, thinking I was coming back to play in the American NWSL.

"Well...I love my club but I think it's time for a fresh setting. I've gotten contracts from a few English rivals, Barcelona, OL, Real Madrid, that's all I think".

"That's all? What about the NWSL? I mean maybe you could join me in New York and we could both play for Gotham?"

"Kelley..."

"You could atleast pretend to give it a thought Y/N, I mean really would it be so bad", she huffed before she began her warmup. Great. Fucking everyone was getting on my nerves and I guess I was getting on theirs.

I was annoyed throughout the entire 3 hour training session, and the intense heat was not helping either. I grabbed a cool water bottle and chugged it as I made my way inside alone to head for some recovery.

"Hey Joan", I greeted her with a quick hug over the bed which I laid down on with a huff. 

"What's going on then? Cmon fill me in", she asked as she began prodding at my legs with some kind of ointment. "How are you and Morgan? You know with the long distance?"

"What? Why does everyone think we're together? I'm with Abby".

"Wait really? Dahlkemper?"

"Yes", I huffed. It seems there was no respite wherever I went.

"I'm sorry Y/N. It's just...I don't know...there's something about you and Morgan. And I'm not just talking about the time I found you both cuddling on my treatment bed", she smiled.

I tried to bite back a smile as I thought about that time, Joan was quick to notice and teased me about it as I blushed. "Stop it Joan", I laughed. "You know as a responsible adult you shouldn't be condoning my behaviour. I feel grimy, as if I'm cheating on Abby when I think about Alex".

"I think you know what you need to do Y/N. Don't lead one girl on if you're pining after the other". I was about to disagree with the pining part but stopped myself in the end because I knew deep down she was right. I was falling for Alex Morgan. It was something I simply had to accept. And I couldn't hurt Abby in the process, it was too cruel. 

"You're right Joan, I think I'm going to end things with Abby", I told her with a sigh.

"Do it after the camp Y/N. Otherwise there will be all kinds of friction and tension for these 3 qualifier games and we really don't need that energy right now". I nodded in agreeance. This was it, I was going to break up with my girlfriend, if I could even call her that?

I felt slightly calmer and lighter after my session with Joan and I was now headed to have some lunch. Things felt like they were falling apart around me, but I couldn't just let them. I had to start fixing things and it started with my best friend.

"Hey..", I sat down at the table my best friend was occupying. "What's up", she said without much enthusiasm. "Kelley, look I'm not completely moving out a move back to the US, there's ongoing talks I don't really want to get into just in case they don't materialise-"

"Wait so you are thinking about it?", she asked, suddenly her usual perky self again.

"Of course, it's just not guaranteed, I didn't want to start telling everybody and getting their hopes up". 

She nearly hopped over the table between us as she reached in to hug me. "Another thing Kelley..." She looked at me expectantly. "I think I like Alex".

She was blank for a few seconds then she erupted into one of her biggest grins ever. "I've been saying it for months, I'm glad you're being honest with yourself about your feelings though".

"Look at you wise guy", I teased as I flicked a pea at her. 

"Don't make me get an avocado Y/L/N", she warned me with a glint of humour playing in her eyes.

"Hurry up with lunch guys, we've got a team bonding activity planned", Jill announced to everyone, making half of us groan and half of us cheer. 

"So ladies, we're playing a classic game of cops and robbers merged with hide and seek I guess, your 25 person squad will be split into 7 cops and 18 robbers. The team work aspect comes from working together in your groups to either investigate together if you're a cop or to hide and work together to avoid being caught and sent to prison if you're a robber, this dining room will be the prison. Now there's a slight twist, you won't know whose a cop and whose a robber", she told us, making us groan dramatically. 

"I've got the roles written down on these 25 pieces of folded paper in this hat, pick a paper and that is your assigned role, do not show anyone else", Dawn instructed.

The hat was passed around, I took a piece and unfolded it within the safety of my hands before stuffing it into my pocket. Cop. This was going to be fun. Everyone ran out the room and scattered around the training facility.

I had a plan, I would disguise myself as a robber like most of them, and catch them out when they were alone, only revealing my identity if another cop had caught me. I wasn't sure whether it would work but it was my only idea in the moment.

In the opening ten minutes I had caught Christen, Mal and Ali, and sent them all to prison. I was currently hiding out in some sort of janitors closet, there was a small, blurry window of sorts so I could see if anybody was outside and could the grab them.

I began to think my plan was failing when there was nobody around for 5 minutes until I saw a figure outside. I cautiously opened the door. "Get in Morgan, come hide", I whisper yelled as I pulled her in without giving her a second to think about it.

"Hi", she whispered as we were suddenly face to face in a closet that had seemingly gotten tighter. 

I took a breath, "hi". It was dark for the most part, the only light coming from under the door and a little through the small window, which just about lit up the basic features of our faces.

"How do I know you aren't a cop?", she eyed me suspiciously with a small smile.

"Well I mean for starters I haven't got the handcuffs or-", she cut me off with a laugh and a slight shove backwards.

It went silent for a second and there wasn't a lot to look at in the dark, apart from her blue eyes that were softly illuminated by the light. "Y/N...", she whispered as we slowly got even closer. My body was pressed against hers completely, and I was overcome with the intense urge to kiss her soft lips. But I held on, I wasn't going to allow myself to cheat on Abby. But God it was tempting. 

I could see there was similar thoughts running through her head and eventually we both pulled further apart as I took a step back.

She exhaled deeply. "Thanks for the hot breath all over my face Morgan", I told her with a fake annoyed expression. 

"No problem Y/L/N", she smiled sweetly before proceeding to do it again, and again and then one more time. 

I leaned forward with a huff and rested my chin on the top of her head. "So this is the only way I won't get hot Morgan breath all over my face",  I tutted at her as she laughed softly.

"I mean you could've just turned around", she replied with a smirk as she slowly wrapped her arms around my waist. 

"Cheeky git", I smiled as I wrapped my arms around her shoulders. I mean we were pretty much just hugging at this point, that wasn't cheating right?

 I could tell the game which was meant to last half an hour or so was slowly drawing to a close. I pulled away from our embrace, leaving her slightly confused as I reached for her hands. "Miss Morgan, you are under arrest. You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law, I don't actually know the rest of your rights but that should do", I rambled on as I noticed her shocked expression and tried to bite back a smile. 

I held onto both of her hands as I led her to the prison where everybody would be waiting. Our hands separated just before we entered the room, and I stood there with a victorious smile as I walked her in. 

"Y/N?", Alex called out to me as everyone turned to her expectantly. She slowly unfolded her paper and handed it to me. Cop. Fuck I had just arrested someone from my own team. No one knew the winning side in the end but no one minded, it seemed everyone had a good time. I know I did.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59.3K 1.1K 18
Just my gay ass writing about hot women with all respect
140K 2.9K 43
15 year old Sophia Richardson finally has the chance to see the national team play when they arrive for a friendly in her home state. A surprise oppo...
Secrets By Alex

Fanfiction

159K 6.5K 172
Everyone has secrets Shall we find out mine?
777K 22.9K 42
Y/n Grant is called up by Jill Ellis to be the starting Goal keeper for the 2019 World Cup. At first, the team isn't a huge fan of the cocky player...