The Lost Princess of Asgard

By marvel-ous

You've all heard the stories of Thor...or Loki, but you've never heard mine. My name is Astryd Odindittir. I... More

Prologue.
Part I : Chapter I
Part I : Chapter II
Part I : Chapter IV
Part I : Chapter V
Part I : Chapter VI
Part I : Chapter VII
Part I : Chapter VIII
Part I : Chapter IX
Part I : Chapter X
Part I : Chapter XI
Part I : Chapter XII
.intermission.
Part II : Chapter XIII
Part II : Chapter XIV
Part II : Chapter XV
Part II : Chapter XVI
Part II : Chapter XVII
Part II : Chapter XVIII
Part II : Chapter XIX
Part II : Chapter XX
Part II : Chapter XXI
Part II : Chapter XXII
Part II : Chapter XXIII
Part II : Chapter XXIV
Part II : Chapter XXV
Part II : Chapter XXVI
Part II : Chapter XXVII
Part II : Chapter XXVIII
Part II : Chapter XXIX
Part II : Chapter XXX
Part II : Chapter XXXI
Part II : Chapter XXXII
Part II : Chapter XXXIII
Part II : Chapter XXXIV
Part II : Chapter XXXV
Part II : Chapter XXXVI
Author's Note

Part I : Chapter III

28.1K 842 394
By marvel-ous

Part One. Chapter Three.

The Failed Interrogation.

"And how is the Princess doing today?" Agent Coulson, whom I now call Phil, asked with a smile as he walked me down a corridor. I was at what Erik called S.H.I.E.L.D headquarters. Erik and I had to travel from Virginia to New York for a monthly checkup. Months have passed since the accident, and I have grown to adjust to my new life without my old memories.

    "I am doing rather fine, thank you." I replied, politely and smiled. My eyes wandered around as I followed Phil. There were a lot of doors down this hallway that were no doubt locked and 'top secret'. Everything here seemed to be that way. "Why couldn't Erik join us?" I wondered out loud.

       "Director Fury wanted to talk to you privately."

      "Oh." I said. Sensing my uneasiness, Phil sent me another smile and patted my back almost reassuringly. "Don't worry, Princess. You've done nothing bad. Fury just wants to know how you've been doing."

    "Without having Erik's presence influence me," I finished for him. Phil raised an eyebrow, a bit taken back by my response. It's been a habit of mine, recently; to surprise adults with how much I understood. Judging by Phil's expression, I came to a conclusion that I was right.

      "You're unlike any other kid I know, Astryd," he mumbled.

     "Is that bad?" I asked, biting my lip a bit worried, remembering when the boy at the park had called me a ‘weird’. I just wanted to fit in, to feel like I belonged somewhere, and as much as Erik tried, I knew I just didn’t belong.

   "No, not at all. You're just very mature for your age and speak very properly, that's all." Phil reassured as we finally came to a stop. We were at the dead end of the hall, and right in front of us was a door. Phil pressed a button and a red light beamed towards his eye, scanning it. The light then turned green, and the door automatically opened leaving me intrigued.

   Standing in front of a computer screen, staring intently at it was Director Fury. His attention flew to us as he heard the door open. Next to him was the doctor who had revised me when I first woke up, Dr. Stanley. I caught a glimpse of the computer screen before Fury closed the page and gulped. It was a profile about me.

   "Astryd," Fury greeted as he sent me a nod. I managed a smile in response, knowing that Fury wasn't like other people and wasn't accustomed to loving and friendly greetings. "Have fun with your Uncle Fury, Princess. I'll come for you later and take you back to Erik." Phil whispered to me. I only had time to nod before he left.

   "Why do you observe and study me so often?" I questioned, glancing at the now blank computer screen. Dr. Stanley sat in a chair behind Fury with all his attention was on the files in front of him. 

    "You are an intriguing being." Fury answered, motioning for me to sit down.

    "There's more, isn't there?" I asked, not sitting down. I wanted to know why. I may be a child, but I deserve to know nonetheless.

    "You know far too much and I don't know whether to see it as a disadvantage or advantage." He commented, not answering my question. I sighed, missing Fury's softer side. Erik gave me a brief warning that when Fury questions people, he is anything but friendly. He wants to get down to business, and I understand.

   I gave up and sat down across from him, ready to be interrogated. I wanted to get over with this already. "How is Dr. Selvig treating you? Are you happy with him?"

   I nodded. "He treats me as if I am his daughter and I cherish that...h-have you found out anything about my family?"

    "No." He replied curtly. His eyes softened a bit in response to my expression, and I soon a found a hand resting on mine. "I'm doing everything I can, but am afraid to say that no match has appeared."

     "Anyways, how are you? Do you still have nightmares?" He asked, changing the subject.

   "I've been alright; there are people out there who have it worse, so why dwell in my problems? As for my nightmares, they don't occur as often. They’ve been replaced with dreams about a kingdom. They're fascinating, almost as if I were there myself." I answered, remembering one I had last night. My dreams revolved around a Kingdom far away full of riches and gold. The most interesting part was watching the young princes who were always up to no good.

    "Do you have any enhances...abilities?"

   My eyes met his a bit cautiously. What was he up to? "I believe that I've made it clear that I am no threat to anyone, for I am only a child."

     "You have not answered my question." He commented, wary.

      "I do not wish to." I said sternly. 

    He sighed, obviously upset that I wasn't going to give him the answers he wanted. What if I did have abilities? What would he do to me, then? I did have abilities, powers that I was still learning about each and every day. Of course, I wouldn't use them to cause harm to anyone. I don’t even understand them, but when I do, maybe then I’d consider telling anyone about it."Astryd, this is of serious matter. I need to know about you. I-"

   "For what? So you can run multiple tests on me and study me as if I were a lab rat? Who am I to trust you enough with such secrets of mine?" I interrupted.

   "No harm has ever come to you from us and I intend to keep it this way. I have kept you protected since you've arrived and all I want is to help. But I can't do that unless you tell me everything." He tried to explain himself.

   "I'm sorry." I replied with, and that was the last thing I said to him. Fury knew me well enough to know that I was done for the day. He sighed and turned to doctor motioning for him to check me up. I mentally groaned. Yet another test..., I thought as he prepared my arm for a blood extraction. I grimaced, looking the other way.

**

   The sun was beginning to set and King Odin began to feel uneasy. Astryd has been announced dead to the kingdom earlier, and in a few minutes, there would be a ceremony in memory. He sighed wishing things were different, wishing that he didn't have to lie.

    Thor and Loki sat on the steps in front of the palace's entrance. Both of them stared down at the floor, glumly. "I can't believe it...," Loki murmured, trying to hold in his emotions. If it weren't for his foolish dare, no one would be suffering. Astryd would be safe and sound. He had a small hope that she was alive somewhere, but it was crushed this morning.

   "Don't blame yourself, brother." Thor comforted, resting a hand on his shoulder.

   "Boys," Frigga called after her two sons. "The ceremony is about to begin." With one last motion, Frigga left with the two boys behind her in pursuit. They soon joined Odin on the balcony where he gave all his announcements. Frigga rushed to his side and Odin grasped her hand, trying to comfort her. He knew how hard she was fighting against the tears.

   The people below waited anxiously for Odin to speak. Each and every one of them held a lantern in his hands with Asgard's symbol imprinted on to it. All of them were impacted by their Princess' sudden death. She was far too young for such a horrid fate. A few Asgardians had tears in their eyes, even the guards were trying hard to remain composed as their eyes threatened to let out tears.

   "As you all have heard, our beloved Princess of Asgard has passed away," Odin began, the crowd immediately silencing. "She was my sunshine, my light, my dear little girl. She didn't deserve her fate. No one should die too young."

    He took a deep breath, and quickly glimpsed at his two sons. A single tear escaped Loki's eyes and he hastily wiped it away. He was a boy; he shouldn't cry but it was hard. Thor leaned into Frigga, hiding his face into her stomach. "We are not here to mourn. We are here to remember and cherish every moment we were blessed with her."

    "As I rather say, Astryd is not gone. She will always be here with us, and these lanterns are a symbol for her spirit. “He continued, tears escaping his eyes. It was far too much for him to bear. He couldn't cope with this; no one could and no one should. The sky darkened, and the lanterns illuminated the kingdom in a beautiful golden haze. "She is Astryd, daughter of King Odin and Queen Frigga."

            "The lost Princess of Asgard." And with that being said, the lanterns were released up into the sky.

    I found myself staring straight ahead. It had been too real; the dream. My face felt moist, and I soon recognized the familiar feeling of tears. I hastily wiped at them. I too, much like the village people from the kingdom in my dream, felt glum and sorrow.

    I couldn't help but feel displeased with the King. He knew that his daughter was still alive, yet he chose to lie and claim her dead in front of everyone, even his own family. The Queen should have the right to know of the truth, and the two princes, oh the two poor princes. They too suffered, especially the dark haired one who seemed to blame himself for the princess's death.

    "Hey, are you alright? Don't be sad, everything will be alright. "Erik reassured as he caught a glimpse of me.

    "I had another dream...not a nightmare, just a depressing dream." I explained.

     "Do you want to talk about it?"

     I nodded my head no and fell into a comforting silence. It didn't take long for us to arrive at the airport. It would've been shorter if Erik had accepted Fury's offer to ride his private jet but there was no need to take a private jet to the airport. I didn't mind his choice. I liked being in a car. To watch the scenery move as Erik drives, and to let my mind wander into bewildering thoughts.

     The airport was packed and huge. How could people be so accustomed to flying to places, rather than driving or walking? The security was a bit too much, but I haven't been conscious long enough to know how dangerous people can be. It makes me wonder if before the ‘incident’, was the world peaceful? That's how I seemed to remember or at least grasp. I have this strange feeling that my world was much more different before my accident...

        “There’s been a change of plans. Our flight has been canceled due to the plane having mechanic problems. Would you like to meet an old friend of mine, instead?" Erik asked as I settled my backpack onto my shoulder. “They have a little girl as well that I know you’ll get along with.” He added.

      I nodded. “What’s her name?”

      “Jane Foster.”

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. In the next, you'll get to meet Jane Foster. Her parents names were never specified, so I'm going to make up my own but I do know that Erik and her dad are close friends. What do you think about Asgard's ceremony for Astryd? Tangled inspired it, lol. Please leave your thoughts below! I always love to hear them,

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

215K 6.3K 43
Loki x Reader You live with the avengers. One day Thor will take you all to the Asgard. There you'll meet someone who changes your life. But soon aft...
245 6 10
ℒℴ𝓀𝒾 𝓍 ℱℯ𝓂!ℛℯ𝒢𝒹ℯ𝓇 -As a young princess of Astoria, you're introduced to the two princes of Asgard. Although love blooms with one of the prince...
19.1K 521 30
Your friend had a car accident and after that you meet the god of misschief. You learn that you're a lost Asgardian and that they need you more than...
5K 183 52
Long before the events of Thor and the Avengers, the god of mischief fell for a common Asgardian maiden. Late night meetings and secret rendezvous's...