Countless

By thatgranitegirl

When Key goes to London for a month to relax, he doesn't expect to meet someone while he's there. But can lov... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Epilogue

Chapter 4

257 9 2
By thatgranitegirl

[Mabel]

Time goes by quickly when you're having fun, doesn't it?

That's at least how it felt in the weeks I spent with Kibum. We visited things together, chatted, and got to know each other a lot better.

He seemed to be having a lot of fun, and I really enjoyed his company. I mean, he was definitely funny, cheeky even, but had a deeper side where you could have a conversation with him for hours.

I was grateful I'd met him over the summer, because there was no school to get in the way. As time ran down, I knew he'd soon be gone, but I'd never forget the time we'd spent together.

Key 🔑: Are you free?

He texted me on my day off as I lounged in my room, watching TV.

Sure.

Wanna meet up?

Okay, where?

Anywhere you want.

I decided to suggest the local park. After all, I was in the mood for a walk. I waited for him on a park bench and smiled as he arrived, wearing his signature bucket hat.

"Why here?" he asked as we walked.

"It's close to where I live."

"You live in an appartment?"

"No, in a house share."

He made a noise. "I know what that's like. I bet you'd rather live alone."

I shrugged. "I'd love to, but London is just too expensive."

We kept walking for a while in a comfortable silence.

"So, you're going home soon."

"Yes." He looked at me.

"What's it like in Korea?"

He laughed. "I don't know how to answer that. You'll have to come see."

"I'd love to, one day." I stopped to admire the ducks. "Are you going straight back to work?"

"Pretty much."

"Well, good luck on your endeavours."

He gave me one of his lovely smiles and was about to say something when suddenly thunder cracked and rain began falling.

"Oh, that's British weather for you!" I exclaimed as I covered my hair with my hands, looking around for somewhere to shelter.

Kibum took his hat off and I gave him a quizzical look. "What are you doing?"

He put it on my head. "Protecting your hair."

I felt myself blush; why was he so sweet?

"What about you though?"

"It's okay, this also happens a lot in Asia."

The rain was starting to come in thick and fast, and I could only see one solution.

"Come."

I grabbed his hand and began leading him away from the park as fast as I could, taking him back to my place.

Entering the old Victorian house, I quickly took my wet coat off and wiped my shoes on the doormat. Kibum began taking his shoes off.

"Oh, you don't have to."

"We usually do this in Korea."

To be honest, it made sense because we were both soaked.

"Wait here, I'll bring you a towel."

I left him in the living room and when I got back, my housemate Daniel was there.

"Oh, have you met Daniel? Dan, this is Kibum."

Daniel gave him a wave, clearly more focused on his laptop. I jokingly rolled my eyes. Kibum dried himself with it and sat on it on the sofa.

"How many people live here?"

"Five, including me. All girls except Dan."

As if on cue, Sierra walked in and did a double-take when she saw Kibum.

"Who's this then?"

"My friend, Kibum."

"Nice to meet you."

I could tell that Sierra was immediately interested in him. Sitting beside him, she lapped her legs and turned to him.

"So, what brings you here?"

"Mabel." He laughed, making me laugh too.

"We got caught in the rain."

"Oh you poor thing! Would you like some tea to warm you up?"

Kibum gave me a look and I had to stop myself from laughing.

"It's okay. You know, you said you'd show me your room Mabel." He turned to me and raised his eyebrows.

"I did?"

"Yeah, remember?"

"Oh yeah."

Kibum got up and I led him upstairs and away to safety in my room.

"I really needed to escape," he said as soon as I shut the door.

"Sierra really liked you." I chuckled. "Want her number?"

"Stop it!"

I sat on my bed and gestured to the computer chair for him. It was strange having him in my space; no one ever came in here.

"Do you want another t-shirt or something? I don't want you to catch a cold."

"It's okay. I have clothes at the appartment."

He looked at the things on my desk.

"Do you study a lot?"

I smiled. "I have to. Masters are hard, and I still have another year."

"I can relate." He picked up a teddy bear I always had around. "Cute."

"Are you leaving tomorrow?"

He nodded.

"Shame I can't see you off, I have to work."

"It's okay." He smiled at me. "I've had a lot of fun with you."

"Me too. You're one of the most interesting people I've ever met."

He let out a loud laugh at that and I found myself laughing along. He was just so magnetic.

"I've been told that, but not always positively."

"I mean it as a compliment."

"Thank you." He made a mock humble expression.

"I won't keep you too long, it's getting late and you probably need to pack."

"True." He got up. "Thanks for bringing me here."

"You're welcome."

When we parted for the last time, I felt my heart squeeze a little. I wanted to stay in contact with him, but who knew if I'd be able to. In any case, I'd cherish this time and the memories.

Looking at the photo we took together, I smiled as I added it to my photo frame. I'd definitely never forget Kim Kibum.

_____

"Mabel!"

My eyebrows furrowed as I turned around, mere steps from entering the library.

"Wait." Kibum jogged up to me, out of breath.

"Kibum? I thought you were gone already."

"Listen, I don't know how I'll do it but I want to keep talking to you, okay?"

He grabbed my hands, and before I knew what was happening, pressed his lips on mine.

"I'll come back for you."

All I could do was nod, surprised.

"I have to go." He squeezed my hand and then ran off, leaving me dumbfounded.

What had just happened?

I still couldn't believe it as I put my stuff in the back room and got to work. I could still feel his lips on mine, how soft they were. He kissed me, and... I liked it.

I kept blushing at work as I replayed the moment. He said he'd come back for me, but would he really?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.4K 382 17
"Again with man spreading? You're so boyish." "Unlike your clingy fangirls" "Jealous?" "I'm not" "Yes, you are" "Shut up" ____ A loud extrovert...
8.8K 497 23
Venus allows herself to be dragged to a weekend getaway with a couple of friends, but her weekend takes a turn when the impossible happens.
16.4K 828 34
Two individuals bound together in a marriage. . . (MINKEY!!)
25.8K 595 38
Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment before it becomes a memory ๐Ÿ’› started : 02/20/18 ๐Ÿ’› ๐Ÿ’› completed : 08/11/18 ๐Ÿ’›