The Copyist (One Piece & OC)

By Thattorichick

A 19 year old girl is suddenly reincarnated into a battlefield as a young baby within the world of One Piece... More

Chapter 1: I'm Where!?
Chapter 3: Here Comes Luffy!
Chapter 4: Enter Sabo!
Chapter 5: Our Dreams!
Chapter 6: Love Punch!
Chapter 7: Family
Chapter 8: Treasure
Chapter 9: Take Off!
Chapter 10: The Idol has What!?!
Chapter 11: North Blue
Chapter 12: Oh My Beard
Chapter 13: Mayday!
Chapter 14: What a Croc!
Chapter 15: Hooked into the Situation
Chapter 16: Find It Fast!
Chapter 17: Meet the Crew!
Chapter 18: Day 1 of 365
Chapter 19: Watch Out! Falling Boat!
Chapter 20: Upper Yard
Chapter 21: The Altar
Chapter 22: City of Gold
Chapter 23: Eneru's Scheme
Chapter 24: Ark Maxim
Chapter 25: Giant Jack
Chapter 26: A Balloon What?
Chapter 27: Welcome to G-8, Psych!
Chapter 28: Woah Waterfalls
Chapter 29: Galley-La Company
Chapter 30: Luffy's Decision
Chapter 31: Worrisome Ordeals
Chapter 32: Trapped on a Train
Chapter 33: Interference
Chapter 34: Enies Lobby
Chapter 35: Strawhats' Arrival!
Chapter 36: Finally, Freedom!
Chapter 37: The 8th Straw Hat
Chapter 38: Goodbye, Old Friends
Chapter 39: Water Seven's Wonders
Chapter 40: Our Next Adventure
Chapter 41: Enter the Fog
Chapter 42: A Sticky Situation
Chapter 43: Haunted Woods
Chapter 44: Night Raid
Chapter 45: Hidden Husband
Chapter 46: The Humming Swordsman/I OBJECT!
Chapter 47: Looming Threats
Chapter 48: My Vow
Chapter 49: New Resolves
Chapter 50: Enter the Groove
Chapter 51: Auction of Action
Chapter 52: Trouble Making Trio
Chapter 53: Poof!
Chapter 54: Out of the Frying Pan & Into the Fire
Chapter 55: Prison Break
Chapter 56: Fight to Flee!
Chapter 57: Final Preparations
Chapter 58: Into the Fray!
Chapter 59: Clash of Steel!
Chapter 60: Do or Die
Chapter 61: Our Next Steps...
Chapter 62: A New Season
Chapter 63: A Dark Gloomy Castle: Wish Granted
Chapter 64: Return to the Groove
Chapter 65: YOU'RE ALIVE?!?!
Chapter 66: Into the Deep
Chapter 67: Ugg, Water
Chapter 68: Fake Invite
Chapter 69: Water Fight
Chapter 70: Oh, Another Masterplan
Chapter 71: Hordy's Downfall
Chapter 72: Treasure Hunt Gone Bad
Chapter 73: The Crying Snail
Chapter 74: Enter the Playroom
Chapter 75: A Large 'Room'

Chapter 2: My New Life

6.6K 206 32
By Thattorichick

(Save the videos for later in the chapter)

***Amaya's POV***

It's been three years since Garp found me. I've been with him ever since on his ship and being carted around with him wherever he went. Sometimes he would forget about me, so Chi and I would just chill in his cabin.

During one of the times that he left alone, I was able to get out the leather bound journal that was in my basket. It took forever to get my chubby fingers to loosen the string that tied it together.

I was only able to read the first page, but it explained to me what my devil fruit power was. It was called the copy copy fruit. I was able to copy any devil fruit powers of other devil fruit users I've contacted, but there was a catch. I had to get a kiss from them, luckily the journal said that even a kiss on the hand would make it work too. Otherwise that would just be too embarrassing!

Once I've copied the power from someone, I would be able to call upon it at any time as long as that person is still alive. There was also a second use for my power, and that was copying knowledge.

Apparently I could copy the knowledge of a single subject from the person who would have to kiss me in some way. I could only use my power once per person. So if I ran into someone like Law I would only be able to copy his medical knowledge or his devil fruit power. I couldn't take both.

I've already copied my first devil fruit, and it's a logia type! One day Garp decided not to take me with him to a short so he left a babysitter with me. It was Smoker. Can you believe it?! He looked so young too. It must have been before he became a Captain like in the series.

He had already acquired his Smoke Smoke fruit, and he only smoked a single cigar at the time. Smoker had to watch me for a week. I would get bored easily, so he was forced to entertain me. He read me books from stories, and if it got complicated he would show the story through puffs of smoke.

He would create smoke versions of the characters and make them move like they did in the story. It was so cool to watch, and it was surprising to see a softer side of his usually hard exterior.

The day Garp came back to get me Smoker gave me a short kiss on the top of my head in a brotherly manner before leaving. That was how I acquired the Smoke Smoke fruit.

The next week when I was hanging out with Garp. I tried to make the smoke images that Smoker did with the stories. I made a small cloud fox and moved it around for Chi to play with.

Chi had grown in these past three years. She was twice the size she was when I first met her, but she was only half the size of the cloud fox that I saw on the Skypiea episode in my last life. I guess cloud foxes grow super slow. I'm not sure.

She would make cute noises that sounded similar to her name, while she was playing with the smoke fox I made.

Garp was shocked when he turned around from his desk and saw Chi playing with the smoke fox I made. His eyes practically bugged out of his head.

I laughed a childish laugh, since it was fitting for my age. "Garp funny," I said with slight difficulty.

Even though I knew how to talk, I didn't want to start with complete sentences. Besides Garp would be curious where I learned it, since I'm usually with him and not other people.

***Time Skip- 1 Year***

It's now been four years since Garp found me in the river. He's taking me to an island and told me that he was going to leave me with some people there. I wonder if it will be Dadan and her crew in the mountains. That would be fun-ish.

It would be fun to meet all the people, but fighting for wild game will take some getting used to. Oh well. I'm curious if the ASL group is around, or if I'm even their age.

I had a demi backpack that was filled with my two boxes, the leather journal, a couple of books, and a spare set of clothes. I was wearing a cute spring time dress that was easter blue with white ribbon. Chi was in my arms as I was in Garps arms.

Once we arrived on the island, he first took me shopping. He got me a few more clothes and a couple of books that would keep me entertained. I think I've grown on him, since I don't remember him doing the same with Luffy. He also got Chi a small pad for a bed and some food just for her.

After a quick shopping trip, Garp started to walk us through the forest, leading up to a secluded area. After the trek, we arrived at the iconic house in the middle of nowhere.

Garp rapped on the door loudly, gaining the quick attention of the people inside. "Who would dare!" A voice starts to call from the inside. "Who has the guts!?" She started before she froze after opening the door, revealing that it was Garp and I.

She started to nervously sweat. "G-Garp! Wasn't expecting you! Ace is out at the moment!"

Wait Ace? That means he's around. I wonder if Luffy is too?

Garp pushed his way inside the building. "That's fine. I'm not here for him." He answered. "I need you to watch after this one." He semi-demanded as he gently set me on the floor in front of him.

Wanting to be funny, I raised my free hand and said, "yo!" I smiled, since I stole Luffy's line. Dadan and the others were surprised at my greeting, before Dadan's brain registered Garp's request.

"W-what?! Garp! I can't! I'm already watching that one brat!"

I frowned at her name for Ace. I know later that she sees him as a son, but it's still just rude to call a child that, especially one that deals with a hard question his whole life.

Garp, being his normal self, started to clean out one of his ears as he responded. "Well if it's too much for you. I could just call the rest of the marines here to get you arrested."

"N-no need! Garp, she looks like she has some manners at least." She quickly answered before turning to me. "What's your name dear?"

"Amaya and this is Chi" I answered, holding up Chi for her to see.

"Is that a rat!?" She asks partially startled.

That's kinda funny considering she's a bandit. I guess everyone has something they don't like.

"Chi is a cloud fox," I explained. "She's my best friend." I hugged Chi back to my chest as Chi let out an agreement "Chi".

Dadan looked like she wanted to protest, but one look from Garp made her shut up.

Garp then walked over to me before giving my hair a ruffle. Then he turned to leave. "Thanks Dadan!"

She glared at the back of his head before getting over it and leading me to the room that Ace slept in. It was large yet empty. The only thing was a single blanket on the floor and a spare pair of clothes in the corner.

Those must be Ace's.

I walked into the room, and started to take my things out of my bag. I made a stack of my books, then a stack of clothes. I kept my boxes in the backpack along with the journal. I didn't need Ace to sell my dials for his pirate fund. I also didn't want him to read my journal from my parents.

Lastly, I placed Chi's things down. Her bed got placed next to my things, and her food bowl next to it. And all finished.

"Chi, want to go explore?" I asked to which she nodded before jumping onto my shoulder for a ride.

I left the room to see Dadan and the rest of her bandit family in the main room. She glanced my way as I made my way to the door. "I'm going to explore. See ya!" I called behind me only hearing sighs in the distance as a response.

I ran out the door to see a small clearing before trees cover the area in every direction. I picked a direction and started to explore the woods. I didn't make it very far before I heard an annoyed voice behind me.

"Who are you?" He angrily asks before spitting in my direction.

I dodged to the displease of Ace. He was staring at me with annoyance and curiosity hidden in his eyes.

"You ask a question then spit before I answer. Rude." I said, making sure Chi was still okay from the dodge. "Anyways, I'm Amaya, and this is Chi." I gesture to Chi on my shoulder. "Who are you?"

He stood there a minute without answering. He was shorter than he was shown in the show. He was about Luffy's height, but I couldn't say anything since I was shorter.

He turned his body towards the direction I came from and started to walk away. "Ace," he answered as he continued to walk. He was carrying a large animal of some kind, but at the moment I didn't care.

I caught up to Ace and walked by his side on our way back to Dadan's. "Ace? Are you the one Dadan mentioned?" I asked, watching where I was stepping.

"You know Dadan?" He asked instead of answering.

I nodded. "Dadan is watching Chi and I since Garp is busy."

He groaned, but didn't get a chance to complain since we had arrived. I walk inside first, followed by Ace. Once he entered, he threw down his catch and spoke to Dadan. "Cook this, hag." He commanded.

"Don't tell me what to do brat!" She had an irked expression before giving the catch to someone to start cooking.

I gave a small smile at the exchange. It was clear that they cared enough about each other, but they were so rude to each other at the same time. I watched how they cooked it, trying to take some mental notes in case I was ever in a pinch. Chi chilled on my shoulder the whole time.

Ace disappeared at some point, but once dinner was ready he magically appeared again. I was able to grab a piece of meat, before the bowl was sat down in front of the group. Good thing I did too. Once it was on the ground, it was a free for all.

After eating my piece of meat, I was given a bowl of rice by Dadan. "Thank you," I said with a smile at her. She didn't seem to be used to it. She was stunned then gave a small smile before abruptly turning around.

I glanced around and saw Ace looking at me. When I gave him a smile, he faced the other way, but I saw that his ears were slightly pink. Haha he's the same as in the show. Refuses to admit emotion if it's not his cool persona. That will be fun to mess with later on.

Having finished eating, I went to my room to grab a book then made my way outside. The book I grabbed was one of different fairy tales, but they weren't the same as the ones on Earth.

After placing Chi down, I picked up a story and started to illustrate it with the Smoke Smoke fruit to practice. I started to hum as I practiced, which accidently led me into singing a song from a story on Earth.

I know you. I walked with you once upon a dream.

I know you. The gleam in your eyes is so familiar a gleam.

As I was singing I changed the smoke images to what I remembered from the movie. Creating a female dancing with forest animals dressed up in the stolen coat, hat, and boots.

Yet I know it's true. That visions are seldom more they seem.

But if I know it's true. I'll know what you'll do.

You'll love me at once. The way you did once upon a dream.

The lady and the creatures kept dancing as Chi decided to join in.

Ah Ah Ah Ahhhaaaaa

But if I know you I'll know what you'll do.

You'll love me at once. The way you did once upon a dream.

The creatures then ran away at the appearance of another smoke character in the story, which ended the song.

Before I could continue, a voice interrupted my focus, causing the smoke characters to vanish.

"What are you doing?" Ace angrily asked as he walked over to me.

"I was practicing," I answered, going to give Chi a head scratch. "Why did you follow me? Curious?" I ask looking back at him.

He started to blush in embarrassment. "N-no, of course not. I just heard you singing then I saw smoke. What was that?"

Deciding not to tell him the whole truth, so that it would be a fun surprise later, I responded. "I have a devil fruit."

He nodded in response, before taking a seat there on the ground.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Nothing, I just decided to sit."

Seeing that he was just curious I decided to throw him a bone. "Okay, then I'm going to keep practicing."

"Whatever," he turned his head away from me, but I could see his eyes still looking in my direction.

I shrugged before deciding what to do next. Thinking of my audience, I thought that maybe he would enjoy a story about a thief. Aladdin it is then.

I gathered the Smoke to create the image of a man in similar clothes to the story, along with his monkey. I also created the city market that the song took place in before I started to sing.

One Jump Ahead of the breadline.

One Swing Ahead of the sword.

I steal only what I can't afford.

I had the character mimic the motions that I was singing about. Jumping over the guards, dodging a sword strike, and grabbing a loaf of bread.

Since I was starting to get tired, I skipped to the ending.

One Jump Ahead of the hoofbeats.

One Hop Ahead of the hump.

One Trick Ahead of disaster.

They're Quick but I'm much faster.

Better Throw my Hand in wish me a happy landing.

All I gotta do is JUMP!

The character jumped off of a tall building using a blanket as a parachute before safely landing on the ground and getting away from the guards.

Once I wrapped up the song, I let the smoke dissipate. I stretched before turning to face Ace who was watching closely. When he noticed I was looking at him, he tried to act uninterested.

"I'm gonna head to bed. Night Ace. Come on Chi!" I called over my shoulder. Chi ran to catch up before walking alongside me. I went into the house and straight to my room. Since I was still clean, I didn't change and just got under the blanket.

Chi ran over to her bed before dragging it closer to me on the floor. Once she was happy with where it was, she popped onto it and fell asleep.

"Goodnight Chi," I whispered before closing my eyes. I couldn't fall asleep though. I kept my eyes closed, when I heard the door open followed by footsteps walking towards me.

It must've been Ace from the light steps. He made some noise before coming over to join me on the ground. Since there was only one blanket, we had to share.

Once he was settled, I wasn't awake for much longer, but before I fell asleep I think I heard Ace whisper something.

"Night."

But it was so quiet I don't know if I imagined it or not. 

__________________________________________________________________

Now you know your power. Hope you enjoyed! Until Next Time...

World_Imaginer  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.2K 378 14
"Ocean blue eyes looking in mine, I feel like I might sink and drown and die." A simple girl, daughter of a pirate captain, meets the future "...
25K 840 22
REWRITING / PUT ON HOLD . || 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐦𝐲 𝐝𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐥 𝐟𝐫𝐮𝐢𝐭, 𝐢𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐢𝐭? ⸺ on a sandy seafront, a naive girl dies and a beautiful...
44.8K 1.8K 108
This story is told in third person, but it only shows what the reader goes through. I will be skipping other POVs in the story. Update: This story w...
803 2 11
Disclaimer I do not own one piece or any other characters in this book except my oc ...