Met Her Through The Media

By SapphireeVixenn

Nadalia Saint An ambitious, outgoing, persuading and level-heded girl attending her first years of universit... More

Meet Nadalia
Meet Dakota
*Authors Note*
~Prologue~
❦Night before
❦ Small world
❦Why are you laughing
❦Dads will be dads
❦Spark one up for friends
❦ Fox Chapter For The Books
❦That was unexpected
❦Long Saturday
❦Stomach of..Frogs?
❦No time for denial
❦Niylah the Hair-apist
❦You like Ambré?
❦So much going on
❦She knows
❦Truth or Drink
❦Held Convos
❦What will this mean?
❦Just admit it
❦Pretty girls mope too
❦Bestie Time
❦Satisfaction brought it back
❦Kickback not so kick-backed?
❦One thing to another
❦Problem Solved
❦Not a Date
❦Miss Scorpio
❦Miss Taurus
❦Avoidance
❦Standing on what?
❦In the Midst
❦Actions have Consequences
❦What a feeling

❦It was needed

617 24 9
By SapphireeVixenn

D.M
September 29th

"So kid how you been recently and stuff," my father spoke to me once we finally got settled on our seats. After classes I was gonna have Nadalia pull up so we can continue our shared assignment but that's gonna have to change being that I took up my dad's offer on the car show that we would be attending after we finish eating.

I opened the menu and gave it my utmost eye contact, "it's ight I guess," I so regretted my decision at this moment.

He lowly chuckled at my response which brought me to look up at him with a raised questioning brow, "what's funny?"

"Why so dry kid I invited you out to talk," he clasped his hands together as he sat his arms on the table.

A heavy sigh left me as I flipped my menu over, "I did talk though".

That burger look good as hell I might get that

"You know what I mean Dakota," he brung his hand into my field of vision as he tapped on my menu to get me to look at him. With a turned up face I looked at him, "chill why you doing all that?"

His head shook as he blew his lips, "what's this fake hate you got against me huh," he questioned.

One thing I can't stand about him is how he always thinks he innocent and don't do shit. He be so into himself that he forgets about the people around him and how his actions affect us.

I released a non-humorous laugh, "dad be for real with yourself right now why would anything I have towards you or anyone in the matter be fake anything I feel or say is one hundred percent real and I don't 'hate' you, you just disappoint me," I spoke to him while giving him all my eye contact so he would understand how serious i'am.

He slowly nodded as he subtly faces down toward his watch, "and whys that kid."

My eyes rolled so damn hard I thought they'd break loose from its socket, "first you gotta stop calling me kid and second I tell you why every other month, you're a toxic person and you only give a damn about me when it's convenient for you to be."

A laugh came from him but it was the laugh you'd give someone when they've said some stupid shit, "I'm toxic?" he questioned in humor, "you gotta get off YouTube and that tiktok shit," his head shook in amusement.

I looked at him hard and intensely as I could feel the tightness in my forehead and eyebrows, "you deadass right now?" I had to question to make sure I wasn't tripping right now.

Before he could speak the waiter came to our table, "how's everything going today are you guys ready to order?"

"Yeah uh let me get the shrimp Alfredo and a unsweetened tea, preciate it," the waiter wrote his order down, "hey kid what you want?" he directed his question to me.

"I want you to answer my question," I closed my menu and pushed it to the end of the table. I guess the waiter sensed some tension because all he said was he would give us more time before he came back.

"Dakota why you wanna start with me right now you get that from your mom," a laugh erupted from me as my knee kept bouncing up and down, "yeah this ain't gonna work I'm not doing this."

 I stood up from my seat and immediately went to exit as I pulled my phone up and went to the Lyft app being that my dad had picked me up in his car. As I was going to input my address a text showed at the top of my screen from the man in the restaurant.

Deandre
That was dramatic and you know it how you getting home cause I ain't leaving right now Dakota

I gotta Lyft don't trip

I paid for my Lyft and was notified it'll come in 8 mins so I decided to sit on a cemented ledge that bordered the establishment's flowers.

Deandre
Look kid I apologize come back in let's talk

Nahh I'm good you needa do more self evaluation before we talk again

After I sent my message I put his thread on mute, not wanting to be bothered by any other bullshit he'd say. When I was finally inside my Lyft and 12 minutes from the crib my phone began ringing, the contact displayed being my mom. I clicked accept and brought the phone to my ear.

"Hey mama" I began threading my hands through my hair to ground me a bit.

       "Hi my kota bear what happened" I could hear the concern in her voice.

"Nothing much just your husband being the same as always"

I heard her lowly sigh before she replied "maybe he was still heated from his and I arguments we've been having the last two days kota".

I rolled my eyes at the lame excuse, "mom that's not an excuse at all whatever happened there should've stayed there,  and I knew it was a reason he wanted to see me," I had to laugh at that shit.

         "What do you mean and yes I agree with you"

I was silent for a moment while I looked up at my driver, not wanting to be too loud and have him in my business, "nothin ma I just don't wanna be between what y'all have going on that's why I moved out as soon as I was able to in the first place."

My mom knew this and even though I hated saying it because I love my mom and I know she wanted me home to be with me as long as she could but it's time like this when I feel the need to bring it up so it can maybe open one of my parents eyes to maybe...I don't know either really work they shit or just—divorce.

She was silent for some time before she lowly answered, "yeah— I know Dakota".

I released a tensionless sigh at the sound of my mother's voice, "but um imma call you tomorrow mom alright I'm almost home."

Right now I didn't feel like talking and I couldn't wait to go home and smoke two fat ass blunts!

           "Alright baby I love you and be safe text me when you're home okay?"

"Yeah mama I got you and I love you more," I heard her give a kiss to me through the phone making a small smile spread on my face as I returned to the notion and hung up.

Turning my phone off, I turned to look out the window as I laid my head back and my eyes captured the landmark of a Denny's sign, the one I always pass by when I come or leave by this way indicating me almost being home.

                                        <33

N.S
September 30th

"Oh girl guess what," Diah asked me. We were in my car for lunch because we had decided to just pick something up that was close by. I had invited Dakota to join but she said she had something to do. She seemed kind of off when we were in class but seemed to try and push through it when she spoke to me and when we talked about our assignment which I was thankful for but I wanted to know if something was wrong.

Taking a quick sip of my strawberry lemonade I faced my best friend to show my interest, "what happened?"

"Okay so you remember the party we went to," she quickly questioned as I nodded my head, "okay so remember how I said one of the Nupes niggas was entertaining me a little when you was with Dakota," I nodded again "right so tell me why he on the damn track team he's a high jumper" she exclaimed.

"Ohh so you interested is that what I'm hearing?" I bounced my eyebrows up and down.

She slapped my shoulder, "wipe that look off your face. But look girl so he had came up to me telling me how I was bogus for not givin him my socials that night and blah blah so I gave it to him this time and he already talking bout some 'imma take you out and make you mine' and whatever like nigga bye," she rolled her hands as she flipped her hand in the air.

Every time Indiah has convos with me like this she never fails to make me laugh, she so extra!

"Why it's 'nigga bye' you not interested or something," I questioned while I finished the remains of my lemonade.

Indiah covered her mouth as she was chewing her taco, "he's in a fraternity girl. Them niggas cant be trusted he probably has hella hoes and I bet you he as toxic, manipulative, and narcissistic as they come," I laughed at her explanation.

"Well I wouldn't know, but you still wouldn't give him a chance to see?" I started gathering my trash in the bag my food came in while Indiah finished her taco.

"Hell no I'll come across someone I don't have to 'chance' but Dolly of course you wouldn't know because you don't give nobody a chance," I have a slight shrug before she added on  "you know what, instead of finding myself a nigga imma find one for you" she smiled brightly at her what she would think a, 'brilliant idea'.

All I did was smile uneasily. I didn't want a boyfriend but I also didn't know how to say that out loud which was weird because I've said it before to her but due to the new situation I'm in I felt as if I said it now I'd get thrown many questions that I wouldn't have answers to. Well answers that I would feel comfortable expressing the answers to out loud.

Indiah is my best friend though so why do I feel like this

"Yeah," I let out in a mutter as I started playing with my snake eyes against my teeth. Indiah probably felt the shift because she was quick to reply, "or not.. Nadalia I know how you are about your goals and not wanting to focus on relationships and shit, it was just a silly suggestion," I turned to her again giving a small smile at her consideration but then I felt something else as I thought how I wouldn't mind a relationship if it was with—

Nope nope we not going down that lane right now

"Yeah thanks Diah um well I think we better start making our way to our destinations it's almost time" I unlocked my phone looking at the time, glad that it really was close to the time of our next class because I was for sure bluffing that statement.

"Oh shit it is, let's go!"

We exited my car and threw away our trash as we hugged and went our separate ways. As soon as I took my seat in the room I pulled my necessities out along with my phone but instead of typing my notes I unlocked my phone and went to my messages.

Hey Kota did you want to hang today, by ourselves like no assignments or anything.

Why did I make that so unnecessarily awkward

I groaned at myself getting ready to unsend the message so I can retype it but the oooo was stolen from me as the little 'read' was shown under.

Dakota.
LMAOO ik what you meant Dalia and yeah it's coo what'd you want to do

I sat my phone down for a second while I thought about it. I didn't want Dakota coming over because my parents would be home and I don't know if I would be comfortable with her in my room right now. I'd probably panic. I also didn't want to go to her house.

Yes I do

No! I would go to her house but I want to do something together, something fun and distracting.

How about Dave & Busters? You seemed kind of put off earlier so I feel like this would help.

Okay not bad!

Dakota.
Yk what I'm actually really down for that my car or yours

I couldn't control the smile forming on my face to save my damn life.

She said she's REALLY down

Mine since I'm the one with the idea.

Dakota.
Ight Dalia sounds good just lmk

Okay I will once I get home.

Dakota.
Fs now get off your phone and do your work!

🙄bye

I locked my phone and placed it face down as I opened the PowerPoint and my doc to catch up on what I missed. The excitement for later had me speeding through and quickly getting to place with everyone else.

I just can't wait to beat her in Skee-ball that's all

                                       <33

D.M

Nadalia had texted me around twenty something minutes ago telling me she was about to leave to come pick me up so right now I was tryna hurry up and finish getting ready. I had my hair in a high messy bun and as a replacement to my original application of lash strips I just settled for mascara.

I went to my dresser to put on my regular jewelry and sprayed this new perfume I got called Spring Flowers Creed, shit smelled bomb as hell. Picking up my phone and walking to my long body mirror I began taking pictures of my outfit which was kind of chill but still cute. It consisted of a Casablanca Casa Racing intarsia-knit cardigan that I paired with some high waisted straight jeans from Zara and some green Bottega Veneta rain boots.

After my picture and video spree my phone started ringing indicating that it was Nadalia, I quickly accepted the call and put her on speaker.

"You outside" I asked while I went to grab my aquaphor tube and wallet to put in my pocket

           "Yeah I'm in the same spot as last time"she spoke when I crossed the room to collect my keys.

"Alright bet I'm coming right now," the sound of the call ended was heard throughout the area as I quickly grabbed my half a blunt before I walked out my room. Before exiting the house completely I went to my fridge to collect two mini water bottles and was back to making my exit.

As I was nearing her car I heard the dolls unlock, making me open it immediately and slide in.

"Wassup Dalia," I greeted as I reached over to give her a hug over the console.

She always smelt so good, I have to ask what she wear some day

"Hey Dakota how was your day?" She questioned. Her head was turned behind her as she was backing up the car from its park.

I started putting my seatbelt on and placing the two waters in the cup holder which gave me time to think about how my day was and how I wanted to answer her question, "it was coo I guess but I'm feeling like my answer gonna change later," my gaze was locked on the side of her face, catching her slightly scrunch her eyebrows before turning to face me for a quick second and then turning back to the road in front of her.

"How come," her question was coated in curiosity as well as confusion.

"By you making it better," I stated simply. Still having my eyes trained on her to see any reaction she makes.

Her face quickly turned to her side of the window as she pulled her lips inwards, "I'm glad I can do that for you," she answered quietly, her face returned to its previous expression and her eyes back to the road.

A little smirk formed on my face. I just couldn't contain it, she always gets so flustered, "also I'm enjoying being your passenger princess right now, I'm always the chauffeur".

That brought a loud laugh from out of her, the sound and sight making me smile.

"You're so unserious," a fast glance was gifted to me.

I just shrugged my shoulders while I giggled. We spent the rest of the drive listening to music and having mindless small conversations. Our music was so alike but soo different at the same time but it was a good difference. I'm glad we have music in common being that it's a thing that I love, I'm also tryna be more open to other genres and that seems like something Nadalia already is.

Should have her put me on to a little something or two

Before I knew it we were parked in front of the Dave & Busters. Nadalia had gathered her purse and exited the car after she had turned the radio off. Me on the other hand, I don't move a muscle.

"Come on Dakota, why are you still in there?" her voice muffled by the window on my side. "You not gonna open my door?" I asked, feigning offense.

She rolled her eyes while a smile tugged on the corner of her glossy lips, "are you for real?" Her hands now placed on her jean short covered hips.

"Duh, how you not gone open the door for your passenger princess?"

I watched as her head bowed down while she laughed. When she composed herself she put her hand in the handle and opened it, "my deepest apologies ma'am," she spoke with a horrible British accent that had me dying laughing.

"You're so ugly for that," I got out the car and fixed my jeans, "whatever don't expect it to ever happen again," she stated while she began walking away to the entrance.

"Ay hold up you know I be—" she turned to me in a blink, "just playing with me, yeah I know".

Not her getting on my case like that

"Alright I'll give that to you but don't even trip about me expecting it from you, just expect it from me next time," I opened the door for us and looked back at her to see her facing away from me.

Got her

She didn't say nothing as she just walked past me and to the designated station so we could purchase our power cards.

"So what we playing first," I asked after she received her card.

"Skee-ball so I can beat your ass," she spoke with a cocky grin.

"Bet you that you won't."

"Bet you that I will."

I laughed as I led the way to the skee-ball, "alright how bout we make this into a competition," she hummed while she looked up to the ceiling and placed a finger under her chin, "okay I'm listening." 

This gonna be good

"Alright, winner has the opportunity to ask the loser any question they want and the loser has to answer."

She looked at me hard with an expression as if she was battling something inside her head. She then again looked away for a few moments before turning back, "okay deal, is this only the rules for skee-ball?"

"Nah, for everything we play that revolves around scores."

"It's a challenge then," she held her hand out that I immediately shook as my smirk grew more and more.

To my surprise she actually did beat my ass and skee-ball but I wasn't tripping because we're playing basketball next and I for sure got her on that, "okay so what's the question Ms.Scorpio," we started walking to the basketball game was.

"Hmm let's see, oh okay what's a guilty pleasure that you have that either nobody knows or only a few do."

Damn that was a good one

"Shit imma go with watching anime and not for the reason you're probably thinking cause anime be fire but it's because of the weirdos," before I could even add on to my explanation Dalia was giggling up a storm, "and what's so funny?"

She removed her cropped denim jacket and placed it on the ledge of the basketball game, revealing her white spaghetti strapped bodysuit, "because what do you mean weirdos," I then watched her sit where her jacket was while she looked at me with so much amusement.

"Man cause if you tell someone you like anime they gonna think you one of the weirdos that be Naruto running through halls and smell like wet cheese and wear them big ass headphones with a puffer jacket tied around their waist," as I was giving my very in depth reasoning, Nadalia was just laughing up a storm that her eyes started watering and that's what caused me to join her.

When we both calmed down from the laugh attack she opened her mouth to say, "wow that was so much detail yet it was so accurate, who else knows you watch anime?"

"Tiana and my homeboy LJ, Tiana not into it but LJ is," I put my power card into the reader, "now it's game time." 

I watched as she got up to put her power card in the other card reader and the balls began rolling down. As we were playing I was surprised how good Nadalia was and how we could've been tied if she was as good as me but she unfortunately fortunately wasn't and I was the winner.

"Yeahhh lil nigga what I tell you," I got into her face, "please I let you win," she pushed me back by my chest.

"Tell yourself that if you want but my turn."

She released a drawled out groan, "fine what's the question."

"Would you ever date a girl?" As soon as the question left my mouth she froze.

Oh I'm loving this

She started playing with her tongue piercing when she faced away from me. She then walked past me to grab her jacket and put it back on as she began walking. I frowned at the reaction she was giving.

Damn I ain't know she was gonna act like this

I was gonna open my mouth to throw in a 'just playing' and ask a whole new question but she finally replied, "I don't know. Never thought about it but if the opportunity was presented I guess, you know just to try," she quickly threw out the last part causing me to hum.

Interesting interesting

After that we began playing multiple games asking each other questions back and forth getting to know each other more. I learned that her favorite color is sage green, brown and magenta. She also loves taking pictures in her free time, her most embarrassing moment was when she was drunk as fuck dancing and her lace front was sliding off.

That shit had me cracking up, it pissed her off

When I asked her what the silliest lie she told she said it was that she lied about having a twin in elementary because her friend was a twin and she was jealous. And lastly I asked her what are things that get her attention or would make her feel appreciated, to which she then said that it would be around things that are personal, and that's how she would know that you listen to her and pay attention to her.

The questions I answered of hers is that one of my secret abilities is knowing how to play the guitar because I begged my cousin to teach me in middle school and thought it was something I wanted in my future because it was an 'art' in my cousin's words.

It was not my art though as we now know

I then answered to Dalia about how my favorite tattoo is the one on my chest and my sleeve. I told her how I had a fear of people throwing up and how it stemmed from a fuck ass lil boy throwing up on my shoe in elementary. 

She had a crack out of that one but I guess it was fair since I had one about her falling lace. 

Then lastly she asked when's the last time I kissed someone to which I said April. That was a question she kind of reacted weirdly to though. I also explained how I was single and not talking to anyone.

I still don't know why I said that shit, wasn't needed at all

After our time playing games we sat to eat some wings and fries as we continued having conversations about really any and everything. It felt nice.

Now we were walking out the establishment and back to my chauffeur's car.

As we were walking shoulder to shoulder I decided to speak, "I enjoyed the date Dalia, thanks for asking me out," while I was still walked she stopped her movements when I noticed she wasn't walking by me no more I stopped and turned around to see her faced away, "what why you looking away?" I chuckled a bit within my response.

"This was not a date— it was-it was a hang," she stuttered out.

So adorable and funny

"I was just playing Dalia," I laughed louder. 

She scoffed and walked past me ,"as always."

I jogged up to her and threw my arms over her neck and shoulders, pushing her shorter frame from mine off balance, "I'm sorry Dolly I won't fuck with you so much no more," she stopped walking and I felt her breathing had stopped for a moment as she removed my hands from her.

"Dolly huh," she asked with a titter.

I ain't even realized till she said it

I put an arm over her shoulder as I continued walking us to her car, "be chill, but anyways thanks for the hang," I emphasized. She unlocked the door, getting in with me following suit.

"You're welcome," she flashed me a genuine smile, seeming to be less tense.

Good

"No really, I needed it." I took my phone from my pocket to check my notifications since I wasn't on it all night but as my hand was in my pocket I felt the half a blunt I had put in there.

 I pulled it out and held it up towards Dalia, "see look, I brought this thinking I'd need it and turns out all I needed was you— and your hangout plan," I hurriedly added, not wanting Miss Scorpio to get anxious or intimidated, whatever she be.

"I'm glad I was able to do that for you honestly, you helped me too I needed the refresher," I smiled in return as we began driving with silence and soft music.

In no time we pulled up to my complex, "ight Dolly text me when you get home, and we can do our assignment tomorrow sounds cool?"

"Yes—yeah sounds good and you know I will."

I grabbed my stuff and opened the car door, "goodnight Miss Scorpio."

"Night Miss Taurus."

I laughed, "so unoriginal, I like it though," she rolled her eyes while her closed mouth smile opened a bit, revealing her smiley piercing. I watched her pull off before I made my way into the house.

I took my shower and did my night time routine before I turned on my tv and got in bed. I was so damn tired I still didn't smoke the half blunt I just put it in my ash tray to save for another needed time.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Favorite part?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5M 107K 65
❝ I don't have time to waste thinking about a boy who will only destroy my future,❞ I say getting closer to him with every word, maybe a little too c...
251K 10K 47
• English • half/closer - Hilary and Khloe ❝ Everything you've ever wanted is on the other side of your own fear, under the sea of your limitation an...
41.7K 1.2K 32
| COMPLETED | 𝙎𝙚𝙧𝙚𝙣𝙙𝙞𝙥𝙞𝙩𝙮 {𝙵𝚒𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚐𝚘𝚘𝚍 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚒𝚝} As model and influencer...
21.9K 816 31
| COMPLETED | 𝙇𝙖𝙘𝙪𝙣𝙖 {𝙰 𝚋𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚔 𝚜𝚙𝚊𝚌𝚎, 𝙰 𝚖𝚒𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚝} (The sequel of Serendipity Book One) They have decided to go separ...