The Amazing Spider-Luz (Owl H...

By Emperor_Drakkon

17 year old Luz Noceda had a life she loved. A family, friends, and a hometown she could always find out some... More

Issue 1: Humble Beginnings
Issue 2: Fantasy and Reality
Issue 3: Mystic Mutation
Issue 4: The Strangest Things
Issue 5: With Great Power
Issue 6: Comes Great Responsibility
Issue 7: Spider-Witch
Issue 8: Say My Name
Issue 9: The Golden Goblin
Issue 10: Not So Secret Identity
Issue 11: Good As Gold
Issue 12: On The Hunt
Issue 13: Friendly Neighborhood
Issue 14: Witch Hunter
Issue 15: End Of The Hunt
Issue 16: Sittin' On A Tree
Issue 18: What Makes A Hero
Issue 19: Mysterious Mystery
Issue 20: Lights Out
Issue 21: Warhammer
Issue 22: Itsy Bitsy Spider
Issue 23: Sticks and Stones
Issue 24: Breaking News
Issue 25: Confident Confidence
Issue 26: Predator and Prey
Issue 27: Bitterness
Issue 28: The Blight of My Life
Issue 29: Grom Night
Issue 30: Break-Up
Special: The Amazing Spider-Anne
Issue 31: Intervention
Issue 32: Lumity
Issue 33: The Iron Owl
Issue 34: Magically Magical Magic
Issue 35: Death of The Golden Goblin
Issue 36: The Owl and The Spider
Issue 37: Rise of Scorn
Issue 38: Supersuit
Issue 39: Team-Up
Issue 40: The Sinister Six
Issue 41: Philip Wittebane
Issue 42: Heart Of Iron
Issue 43: The Boiling Isles
Issue 44: Titan
The End
Unknown Transmission (Teaser)
The Owl-Verse

Issue 17: Second Rate

688 29 10
By Emperor_Drakkon

"When time passed, it either felt too slow or too fast. And now, it had been about a week since the capture and defeat of The Golden Goblin.

An entire week.

Spider-Witch's name had been revealed to the public thanks to a few notes Luz left during crime scenes after webbing up the criminals.

After her little 'date' with Amity, she had gained more confidence. She began to truly believe what she was doing was making a-"

Spider-Witch twirled around in the air and then landed on the top of a skyscraper. "V-Vee! That wasn't a date!"

Vee sighed through the communication device which she had now properly fixed. "Luz, it totally was! And remember! Codenames, Spidey!!!"

"Shoot! Sorry, 5!" Spider-Witch said as she hopped off the skyscraper and began swinging. "Keep going with the narration if you want! It makes swinging around more fun!"

"Eh, you kinda ruined it." Vee laughed. "In all seriousness, you're definitely doing a lot better."

Spider-Witch sighed as she nonchalantly fell through the air, only to shoot out another web and pull herself into the air again. "Willow isn't. Neither is Gus."

Vee sighed. "I guess not...I still don't even know how to help."

"Do the only thing we can do. Be there for them when they need us." Spider-Witch said as she then landed on the side of a building. "It's what friends are for. The last thing they need to think is that we're ignoring them."

"That's gonna be kinda hard if you need to leave to fight another supervillain or stop another robbery." Vee said. "But don't worry, I'll cover for you. Like I do with Mama."

Spider-Witch looked around at the city, seeing a few people take some pictures from her down below. "No me gusta mentirle a Mamá..."

"I don't like lying to her either. But it's for her own good. I shouldn't even know about this according to comic book logic."

Spider-Witch nodded with another sigh. "Right, right...still. It's not easy on my conscience."

She then looked back to the people...who were suddenly beginning to scream and run away. Cars even stopped in their tracks as people ran out of them. Or some smarter people drove away in their cars.

Spider-Witch tilted her head before a gigantic shadow loomed over her. She turned around and her bright yellow eyes widened.

Flying above her was some kind of...monster. It was a hulking humanoid beast with large wings made of blue fire and with claws that looked to be horribly disfigured like the rest of its body. Its face even looked like its very skull was being shown through the skin.

Spider-Witch screamed and quickly hopped out of the way as the monster swung one of its massive arms at her.

"Spidey!?! What's going on!?!" Vee shouted.

"GIANT MONSTER!!! GIANT MONSTER!!!" Spider-Witch shrieked as she landed on the building across from it. She then started firing webs at the monster, not knowing what else to do.

Her first villain was only her best friend in military armor. This was the next level way too fast!

The monster just flew higher into the air, not being hit by the webs. It then opened its mouth and shot out a large blast of blue fire.

Spider-Witch gasped and then quickly looked through the windows to make sure no one was even inside the building she was on right before hopping out of the way.

The monster started flying after her, still breathing large amounts of blue fire.

Spider-Witch kept dodging, even wrapping her cloak around herself a few times to protect herself from the flames. "5, WHAT DO I DO!?!"

"YOU'RE THE SUPERHERO!!!" Vee cried, rapidly typing away at something.

"THAT DOESN'T MEAN I KNOW HOW TO FIGHT FIRE-BREATHING MONSTERS FROM OUT OF NOWHERE!!!" Spider-Witch exclaimed before her eyes widened. "Fire...ICE! I HAD AN ICE TRICK!"

Spider-Witch then shot her arm out, but the blue rings did not return. She tried to rapidly wave her arm around, but nothing happened. Spider-Witch groaned and just began shooting webs again, hopping high into the air...until her Spider-Sense rang and she felt a large amount of pain in her stomach.

She hit something.

Spider-Witch looked around as she fell, trying to see what she had hit, but nothing. She then webbed herself back onto the side of a building, holding her stomach. "Really? My Spider-Sense isn't working right either!? What is with me today?!"

She then looked towards the monster, who got ready to blast at her again.

Spider-Witch then got ready, forming a quick plan to get it away from the city. But when she was about to hop onto the monster's head, the monster suddenly roared in pain.

From above, something came flying in, shooting bright blue lasers at the monster's back and head. That something was a person.

The person was wearing a dark blue suit with strange engravings and symbols across it. He had a golden chestplate with matching bangles on his wrists and ankles. He was wearing a cloak and hood like Spider-Witch, but the hood was showing nothing but glowing eyes. Not a face.

Spider-Witch watched in awe and in confusion. "Is...that another superhero?"

"WAIT, WHAT!?" Vee cried.

The person kept flying around the monster, rapidly blasting laser beams from his hands. The monster's wings spread wide and started shouting flames at the mysterious person, who just kept flying around each one of them as he kept blasting at her.

Spider-Witch's eyes narrowed and she began running across the building's walls, swinging into the air.

"Hang on, random guy! I'm- OOF!" She cried, her Spider-Sense ringing as the same pain from earlier returned to her stomach and she slid off the wall, barely being able to catch herself.

She groaned. "What keeps hitting me!?!"

The mysterious hero just kept flying around, rapidly blasting at the monster. The monster then roared and tried punching at the hooded figure, who suddenly formed a gigantic blue shield of some kind, pushing against the monster's fist and looking to be struggling.

But then, in mere moments, the mysterious hero pushed the monster's fist back and then lifted out one of his hands, blasting at the monster's face with a powerful blast.

The monster roared in pain, pulling away its fist and crashing onto a building.

The hero didn't stop, blasting at it with both hands as the energy and power of his blasts grew stronger and bigger.

Spider-Witch leapt into action, wanting to help in any way she could before suddenly, the blasts formed a gigantic light, which surrounded the block and blinded Spider-Witch.

When the light cleared, Spider-Witch had to let her eyes adjust for a moment before she looked and saw that the monster was...gone. The building it crashed on had a large hole in it now, but there didn't even seem to be any casualties at first glance.

The hero was still hovering above the building before looking around. Shortly after, cheering began from down below. The hero looked down and saw a bunch of people waving, jumping, and just screaming with joy that the city had been saved again.

Spider-Witch chuckled a bit before swinging over. "You get used to the positive reinforcement, right?"

The hero suddenly looked towards her, with Spider-Witch now being able to get a much better look at his costume. It looked mystical like hers did, but obviously without the spider-theme.

"Name's Spider-Witch! I gotta thank you for the help-"

"Trust me, you needed it." The hero said suddenly before chuckling. "Webs wouldn't have stopped the monster...it's cute that you tried though."

Spider-Witch's eyes widened a bit. "I...okay...that was kinda harsh. I was trying my best."

"Clearly your 'best' was not good enough." The 'hero' said as he flew closer to her. "Spider-Witch, was it? Your magic is pathetic compared to mine."

Spider-Witch's eyes narrowed suddenly and anger quickly flowed through her veins. "Hey! This isn't a contest, you jerk! I was trying to thank you-!"

"Keep thanking me...in fact? Leave the fighting to the professionals, kid. Compared to the things that are coming...you're just second best. Second rate. No two words about it..." The mysterious person said.

"Second rate?! Who even are you!?" Spider-Witch cried.

The mysterious hero just chuckled as he began flying away. "Call me Maestro." He said before flying off with the people still cheering him on, not at all hearing what he said.

Spider-Witch's eyes just narrowed before she leapt off, not even caring that the people weren't looking at her swing away. "Jerk."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

90.3K 3.1K 69
ORIGINAL AU AND ART BY sketchyneeks on Tumblr. MEANT FOR MATURE AUDIENCE BUT WE ALL KNOW YOU STILL READ IT EVEN WITH WARNINGS! ONCE COMPLETE STORY WI...
33.8K 1.9K 41
Luz Noceda is a powerful mage. She's a well known hero who serves and protects the city called Bonesborough. No one knows her identity behind the mas...
1.3K 49 8
Boscha is completely aware of how awful she is. She soon realizes that all her actions came to these consequences. Though that was until Boscha exper...
160K 4.7K 71
book 1 Luz Noceda gets into fights constantly in her home town. so her mother, Camila, sends her to live with a old friend of hers named Eda until he...