The Mad Bounty Hunter of Remn...

By User456as

When a young Ex-Gang lord was betrayed by his own blood is suddenly transported Remnant to start again... or... More

Chapter 1: New Line of Work
Chapter 2: Talking it Through
Chapter 3: Me?
Chapter4: The Hunt continues
Chapter 5: Sea Problem
Chapter 6: Welcome to Atlas
Chapter 7: Snow Day
Chapter 8: Transport
Chapter 9: Scout
Chapter 10: Motion
Chapter 11: Mentor
Chapter 12: A Regular Day
Chapter 13: Confrontation
Chapter 14: A Friendly Meeting
Chapter 15: Talk
Chapter 16: Hostage
Chapter 17: Corrupt
Chapter 18: Heists
Chapter 19: The Showdown
Chapter 20: The Seeker
Chapter 21: The Air Ship
Chapter 22: Travel
Chapter 23: Again?
Chapter 24: Trouble
Chapter 25: Massacre
Chapter 26: Another Day, Another Memory
Chapter 27: Old Man's Deal
Chapter 28: Meeting
Chapter 29: Gone Wrong
Chapter 30: Discipline
Chapter 31: Unlikely Evening
Chapter 32: Origins
Chapter 33: More Truths
Chapter 34: Who's Side Are You On?
Chapter 36: Found the Train to Hell!
Chapter 37: Calm Before the Storm
Chapter 38: Lesson Taught...
Chapter 39: Lesson Learned
Chapter 40: Beacon Days
Chapter 41: Beacon Days Pt.2
Chapter 42: The Fall of Beacon
Update!

Chapter 35: Finding the Train to Hell

783 17 4
By User456as

During the rest of the weekend Hector was busy placing grenades under and tracks and connecting them all to a piece of string that was set up high enough that the train would set it off but not a person if they sent someone to scout ahead.

He was at basically the back of Beacon with Traya. To much of his dismay Neo texted him saying that the way leading to Vale to the hideout was being under heavy watch after Cinder's encounter with him which meant more security.

Now since security was doubled he had to take the long way which meant traveling through the city... with team RWBY and a coffee addicted history teacher whom was currently checking his backpack and was dressed like he was going on a safari.

"Water check! Bandages check! MREs check!" The crazy green haired Dr. Oobleck listed off before Hector looked at Traya and said,

"You're lucky you're not going." Which Traya replied,
"He's not a total whack job but does have a deep understanding on society past the coffee addiction he's actually well educated."

"Whaaat? Traya is... talking highly about someone?" Hector said sarcastically before Hector stepped back upon seeing Traya slightly move her right hand.

"Bounty Hunter I assume you're ready for the upcoming mission?" Dr. Oobleck asked Hector.

Oobleck had his own opinions about the Bounty Hunter. Unlike most people Oobleck was genuinely interested in what drives the bounty hunter to do what he does. What was the motive? Was it for the money? Did he get satisfaction from his bounties? Or was there something more to it that only he understood?

"Yes. Where's team RWBY? They're already late." Hector said with a hint of venom in his voice.

"They'll be here but when I'm not sure. However please do keep in mind that they are still young and learning." Oobleck said which Hector replied,

"Might I remind you that we're hunting terrorists. I'm two years younger than them and yet you don't see me being late."

To Oobleck's surprise Traya said,
"Patience. It's only been a two minutes-"

"Sorry we're late!"

The three then turned around to see team RWBY walking towards them with Ruby leading the way.

However Weiss stopped in her tracks and looked at Traya with eyes that were wide as dinner plates.

"Uh Weiss?" Yang said before Ruby waved her hand in front of Weiss's face. Ruby then looked between Weiss and Traya and asked,

"Um... do you know her?"

Weiss then snapped her head at Ruby which made her jump back a bit before Weiss said,

"Know her? Who doesn't?!"

"I don't." Yang said which Blake responded,
"That's Traya or more popularly known among sword wielders as She Who Wields Three for being one of the best swordswoman of her era if not of all time."

"Oh... that's neat." Yang said with a smile before Weiss interjected by going to Traya and saying,

"I apologize for my teammates lack of knowledge but I must say it is a honor to meet you."

Traya stayed quiet until she asked,
"Are you going to be shadowing us?"

"Of course not! I have better things to do than babysit a bunch of children. Professor Oobleck will accompany you." Traya said which then Yang said,

"So what are you doing here?"

Then the team then looks between Hector and Traya for a bit before Hector says,

"Are you done or can we finally leave?"

"Yes I do believe we must depart since we are currently late by 2 minutes and 43 seconds so let's not waste anymore more time! Come along students we have a life threatening adventure ahead of us!" Oobleck said as he hopped on the bullhead.

Hector then got on which team RWBY then went onbaord but not without Ruby pulling on Weiss's collar since she still wanted to talk to Traya who thought,

'His patience will be put to the test no doubt.'

As the bullhead began it's journey to Mount Glenn the ride was awkward since in one side was team RWBY who was unsure on how to feel about working with the bounty hunter and Hector who wasn't thrilled that Ozpin had basically sent team RWBY to spy on him.

And then there was Oobleck with a map Hector had given him to show the route they were going to take.

"Mmm of course. This is a very good route. We'll can make it to the White Fang base about a day." Oobleck said quickly in his usual voice.

The ride was silent again until Oobleck asked,
"Bounty Hunter if it isn't too much to ask can you answer a question for me?"

"Shoot." Hector said which Oobleck then asked,

"Why exactly led you down this career? I assumed someone with your skill would've certainly excelled at a Huntsmen Academy so why a bounty hunter?"

Glancing over at team RWBY from under his gas mask he said,

"More freedom to do things my way. Afterall the only difference between a Huntsmen and a bounty hunter is the name really."

Oobleck then hummed in response before asking,
"Can you elaborate?"

"Huntsmen do the same things as bounty hunters but they are just better trained and equipped... most of the time hehe. Don't Huntsmen do escort, patrol and bodyguard missions?"

"Correct." Oobleck replied.

"So why does it matter when I do their job? I'm just a kid, making his way in the world."

"A bloody way." Blake mumbled from under her breath before Hector shot back with.

"And what have you done exactly? Last time I checked you and your team did more harm than good."

"Hey we-"

"Alright that's enough." Oobleck said stepping in between the team and the bounty hunter.
"We should be arriving shortly just about... now."

Then the bullhead decended and the team of five unlikely allies hop out and the bullhead is seen leaving them.

"Alright students as you can probably tell we'll need to be silent, quick, observant and of course ready to face off against any Grimm that come our way... like that one right there." Oobleck said which prompted the group to look at a single young Beowolf.

It was sniffing the ground before it looked up at the group which then more Beowolfs peer out from behind the debris behind it.
Oobleck then said,

"And it appears they had spotted us."

"What?" Weiss said looking at the group of Beowolfs.

"AND IT APPEARS THEY HAVE SPOTTED US!" Oobleck yelled in Weiss's ear while Hector was walking behind them to let them do the fighting. Hector practically didn't fight Grimm due to his 'disposition'.

Then the Beowolfs began to attack which Hector then sat on a nearby rock before taking out his shotgun and leaning back as if he was on a rocking chair.

He was only going to shoot if he needed to like right now. Ruby was behind them sniping but a Beowolf snuck up from behind her. Ruby's aura alerted her which she turned around and saw a Beowolf in mid air ready to sink its jaws into her.

But before it did a large chunk of it's face was suddenly blown off and the body fell next to her a dew feet away. Ruby then looked back at the bounty hunter who was sitting down looking like he some old man in front of his porch.

Before they knew it the fighting was done and team RWBY and Oobleck looked around at the now dissolving bodies of the Grimm.

"What now?" Yang asked which Hector said,
"Follow me. We'll go to the north end of the city where we'll make camp. C'mon before night sets in."

Hector then began leading the group through the rough terrain of Mount Glenn. One thing team RWBY noticed was that whenever there were young nevermores they always seemed to... watch him. They couldn't really explain it but they seemed confused, but they chalked it up to his semblance or something.

However Hector could swear he was hearing something from Ruby because every now and then she would be whispering to bag. Of course Hector then stopped suddenly and said,

"We'll stop here. There's usually alot of Grimm."

"We can take'em." Yang said getting her gauntlets ready before Hector said,

"And risk any White Fang patrols spotting us? Naw blondie, we still got the element of surprise and I intend to fully exploit it. So me and..."

Hector then looked at the group, pointed at Ruby and said,

"You joyful emo girl. We'll scout ahead and see whether to fight them or go around."

Which Ruby then took a step foward before Hector said,

"Leave the bag. We might get chased so less weight the better."

"I-It's okay! Really! I can do just fine on my own!" Ruby said with the fakes smile Hector's ever seen... well probably to him but his assumption was correct.

"Ruby why am I seeing your backpack moving?" Oobleck asked looming over Ruby which Ruby then kinda just said mumbled words and then Hector saw something he didn't expect but wasn't surprised:

A dog.

"Ruby, we heading through the ruins of a extremely dangerous territory to find and stop terrorists and you... bring a dog?" Oobleck said while grabbing Ruby's shoulders.

"Brilliant!" Oobleck said by suddenly grabbing the small dog and lifting it up in the air he added,

"Canines are known for their excellent sense of smell and hearing so he'll be able to alert us if there any dangers nearby! Good thinking Ruby!"

Hector then mask palmed before Blake said,
"You snuck in a dog?"

"Hey! His name is Zwei." Ruby said hugging Zwei which Weiss then added in a disapproving voice.

"This is unbelievable. First your dad mails him then you sneak him on a dangerous mission?"

"I'm still in disbelief that both of you are wearing skirts." Hector said which Ruby then raised a finger and said,

"Um actually they're battle skirts."

"So still a skirt?" Hector responded which he then added,

"Either way let's go. I would say I'm not paid to babysit yall but Ozpin did double my initial fee."

Ruby then looked at Oobleck who nodded and said,
"Don't worry. We'll wait for the both of you."

A few minutes later...

Both Hector and Ruby were on top of a ruined building that was reminiscent of a gas station while looking through their snipers.

"Just a two small groups of Beowolfs, two Ursa Majors and a few young nevermores." Hector said before adding.

"Seems good enough to travel through. C'mon let's head back."

As they walked back Ruby was still nervous yet curios about his weapons. The unusual sniper, the shotgun with a large barrel, air boosters, the gauntlets he was basically a walking armory. And that wasn't counting the extra ammo he was carrying.

"Can... I ask you a question?"

"Already did." Hector said which Ruby then pouted,

"You know what I mean!"

"Shoot then."

"Why is your sniper like that? Wouldn't it be easier to shoot if it was... normal?" Ruby asked which Hector replied,

"No. Don't blame the weapon if you're not talented enough to work with it."

"H-Hey! I'm good with my Cresent Rose!" Ruby shouted before the both of them heard growling coming in front of them.

Looking foward they saw two Ursa majors and a group of three Beowolfs.
Hector then slowly turned his head to look at Ruby who nervously chuckled before Hector then said,

"I should've brought the cat instead."

Then Hector aimed his sniper at Ursa Major before shooting a single bullet. Ruby flinched because to even the gun nut it was loud. Shaking it off she then quickly took aim at the other Ursa Major and shot it three times in the head but it still ran at her.

"Split up!" Hector shouted before using his air boosters to fly away to another ruined building. He then put away his sniper and taking out his shotgun he then aimed at the three Beowolfs, easily dispatching them.

He then looked over at Ruby who was still fighting the Ursa Major. He saw her jump over the Ursa before firing once and letting the recoil swing her sycthe cut its shoulder.

She then landed behind it before striking it several times and shooting it once dead center of it's body before finally killing it.

Ruby then looked up to see the bounty hunter leaning against a concrete building as if waiting.

"Took you long enough."

Nevermind he was in fact waiting.

"Hey! Not everyone has weapons that can one shot Grimm! What do your bullets have anyway?" Ruby pouted which Hector then replied,

"A little something we call The Devil's Spit. But anyway since we already killed most of the Grimm let's head back."

"Wait Devil's Spit? What does it even have inside!" Ruby shouted as she ran to catch up with Hector who chuckled as he put his shotgun over his shoulder. He then thought to himself,

'Gotta love spreading lies and misinformation.'

They then made it back to the rest of the group which Yang then asked,

"Is everything alright? I heard gunshots?"

"Oh it's not like your little sister alerted a entire group of freaking Grimm or anything." Hector said looking at Ruby who nervously smiled while scratching the back of her head.

"But it's now cleared now. We can head there now, look for a spot to camp for the night before heading out." Hector explained.

Two hours later...

The group split up with Weiss and Blake setting up camp, Yang and Ruby guarding the outside of a ruined building and Oobleck and Hector scouting farther out for any large groups of Grimm.

As they walked around they both saw in the distance Goliaths. Hector still remembered the first time he saw one.

Flashback...

*thump
*thump!
*THUMP

Hector was sleeping in his definitely not stolen truck near the woods as he wasted most of his plastic money on drinks. He was then slowly being awaken by thumping that got louder and louder.

"Who the fu- hijo de su chingada maaadrrreeee!!!"

Hector yelled out from inside his truck as he aimed his shotgun at the large evil elephant who looked at him weirdly before going away from the screaming kid.

Flashback ends...

"Ah Goliaths truly one of the more dangerous Grimm out there." Oobleck said before Hector asked sarcastically,

"Really? Is it the size? Or the tusks that can make a human kabob?"

"Both but what truly makes them deadlier than the rest is it's intelligence. They lived for hundreds of years and throughout their time killing humans and attacking our borders they've done one crucial thing: learned." Oobleck responded which Hector then added,

"And they learned that in attacking humans it only brings more humans which increases their chances of dying. So now they wait and watch waiting for the right moment to strike. That's why they're here doctor. They now something is up. They know the White Fang are planning something big, how big? Must be something good if they're this close to the kingdom's walls."

Oobleck seemed to widened his eyes behind those large glasses of his. He then said,

"I see that you are well acquainted with the Grimm? No doubt that throughout your travels you've faced your good share of Grimm."

"You could say that. But I learn from others so I don't mess up like other people. It's simple yet so many people trip on the same mistakes over and over again. It's sad but yet funny." Hector replied which he then asked.

"But why did you become a Huntsmen? You seem more like the type to study the old ruins in Vacuo than a coffee addicted teacher at Beacon."

Oobleck chuckled at his question and said,
"Look around you. What do you see?"

"A graveyard for hundreds if not thousands of people. A mistake that people will either learn from or... repeat." Hector answered which Oobleck nodded and said.

"As a Huntsmen it is my job to protect the people. Although I am capable of doing it with traditional weaponry I believe I can make a much larger impact if I do it with my mind. I am able to take knowledge which is the most powerful weapon of them all and place it into the hands of every student passes through my classroom. I look at this wasteland and I see the lives that could've been saved. But like you said, it is also a opportunity to learn and study from. To make sure we do not repeat the mistakes of the past."

"I admire your method but you must also realize this: You can make a student sit down, take notes, do homework and study. But whether or not they'll remember it after their time at Beacon... is up to them."

Author's Note: There's chapter 35! I will add that I'd like to make the chapters from here on out longer(2,500+ words. This one was 2850+ words).
We are now approaching the Beginning of the End!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.4K 237 14
When tragedy befell Kai Blaze as a boy in the mystical world of Remnant, all he wanted was to get stronger, so no one would experience the same loss...
5.1K 47 7
Intro: Y/n is a rouge hunter that works as an assassin who eliminates bounties. He claims that he lives with an abusive family called the rose family...
11.3K 262 72
(Y/N) (L/N) was a complete genetic replica of an infamous bounty hunter on Remnant. When one of the five nations fell and became the Empire his clone...
5.6K 126 10
(Completed) Yukon, still stuck in Remnant, is tasked with some missions to help Ozpin with his plans. He takes this opportunity to train some of the...