The Mute Fighter | 3

By asawrote

| Prequel to 'My brothers best friend' & 'My best friends sister' | ------------------------------ Nicolina... More

INTRODUCTION - CHARACTERS - NOTES - WARNINGS
001
002
003
004
005
006
007
008
009
010
011
012
013
014
016
017
018
019
020
021
022
023
024
025
026
027
028
029
030
031
032
033
034
035
036
037
038
Epilogue

015

1.4K 29 6
By asawrote

015 - Stay

'We need to talk about the kiss' Mitch signed, I pretended to not have seen and he tugged at my shirt, to get my attention. Then I just pretended to ignore him.

Which was easy to do, because I was on the opposite couch. "Ow! Did you just pinch me?" I gasped in pain and rubbed my arm.

'Stop ignoring me' He signed with a resting bitch face. "I'm not" I said and shrugged before turning my attention back to the tv.

I saw Mitch move once again, in the corner of my eye and before he could pinch me again I jumped over on the couch. "Hah–you're slow" I retorted and Mitch glared at me.

'Talk to me' He signed. I hummed and pretended to think only to shake my head no and I turned my attention back to the movie playing.

Suddenly, I was pushed back on the couch, arms on each side of me, a knee between my legs, blocking me completely from leaving.

'Talk' He signed. His face hovered over mine, it was dangerous. I wanted nothing more than to crash my lips against his, but I shouldn't.

"You're trouble, okay? You're gonna get me in trouble, the kiss wasn't supposed to happen. It was a momentary lapse of judgment, right?" I said with a sigh.

His eyes fell a little and I sensed he thought the opposite. Hell, I did too. I just had to remain strong and focused. I couldn't do this.

'Maybe to you' He signed. "Mitch, I just– I meant what I said, I'm gonna have to move if I can't keep out of trouble. I've already gotten into enough trouble, my parents will not hesitate with moving us out of Jacksonville" I told him, for some reason it felt right to cup his face.

His eyes stared into mine. "I can't think like this. I don't have room for it, because trouble has already found me. It's only a matter of time before my parents get enough once again" I said quietly.

'What do you want?' He signed, I didn't miss the way his cheek leaned into my palm slightly. "It doesn't matter what I want, Mitch. Don't you understand? I was just meant to graduate and that's it" I half whispered.

'You could stay' He signed. He was torn, it showed on his face. "I can't, I'm sorry. It's not up to me" I said, the second I said that. His face fell completely into sadness and disappointment.

I wanted nothing more than to kiss his sadness away. But if I did that, I would only cause more trouble and pain, not only for Mitch but also for myself.

'You did something when you showed up here, you're mysterious. I don't understand you, yet you have my full attention and since that kiss–' He paused and I swallowed deeply.

'I was sure of what I felt towards you' He finished. "What do you feel for me then?" I half whisper, I feared the answer would only cause more pain.

He leaned his face down towards mine, his cheek brushed mine and I felt my breath hitch in my throat as I leaned into him. Without warning, his lips captured mine eagerly. Not a second more to spare.

I kissed him back and I felt his hands cup my face. They were warm, yet it was the hands of an underground fighter. A dangerous, even lethal man.

His lips were addicting, I needed more. I pulled him closer to me before pushing him to sit down on the couch instead, I wasted no time getting on top of him.

I straddled him and kissed him again. His hands gripped onto my hips as he began to grind his hips to my movements. A moan escaped my lips in the kiss as he grasped at every inch of me that he could get his hands on.

I slowly pulled away, leaving Mitch to lean out to recapture my lips, but I put my hand on his cheek. "Wait" I said breathlessly.

"I meant what I said" I insisted, though I felt like a whiny helpless girl. Mitch nodded his head to my words, but leaned closer towards my face.

"I mean it, Mitch" I repeated, he hummed and slowly wrapped his hand around the back of my neck and pulled my head down towards him. His lips were back on mine, where they belonged and I had no power to stop it.

I was weak as hell, I didn't have it in me to stop it. I wanted this. Fuck.

Hours later we were asleep in his bed, we hadn't taken it further than kissing. I wasn't that helpless. I slept in Mitch' shirt, my own was stained with a little blood and not at all comfortable to sleep in. So, Mitch was shirtless again. Not that I complained.

My head was on his bare chest as he slept, I began to trace my finger along his tattoos, I wanted to know every story behind each piece.

I was brought out of my daze when his hand began to run up and down my back, I couldn't help but smile a little as I looked up at him.

He slowly opened his eyes and looked down at my hand on his tattoos. He then looked at me, he slowly leaned down and pressed a kiss to my temple before pulling me further up.

He wrapped his arms around my waist and nuzzled his head into my neck. I could hear him inhale deeply as his face hid in my neck and hair.

"Why is it that you don't speak?" I whisper quietly as I continuously run my hand through his hair. He froze at my question and I slowly stopped my movements.

I fucked up. I just knew I had. I waited for the outburst and even for him to throw me out. But it didn't come. I reopened my eyes as I felt him move out of my arms and his arms left my body.

"I'm sorry–" I started but he gave me a small smile. 'There was an accident four years ago. It was my father and I" He signed.

'My father is in a coma now and has been since' He signed. I nodded and kept quiet as I thought he would continue, but he didn't.

"What does your voice sound like?" I ask after a while. Mitch moves and reaches over me to get his phone, he opens it as he leans onto his elbows.

A minute later he shows me a video of a very, very young Mitch and Oliver. I hear their voices. Mitch was 14 at the time, I smiled a little as North filmed Oliver and Mitch moving around as they pretended to fight.

"Guys– look at West, he's losing it" Mitch had called out and a laugh escaped his mouth, it was like music to my ears. His voice, his laugh, it made me smile and laugh a little along with the others in the video.

I glanced up at Mitch only to see him bite his lip, his face showed anger and pain. The sight made my smile fall, I pressed the side of his iphone and the screen turned black.

"Your voice and laugh...it sounded beautiful. It's a shame I wasn't there to hear it" I half whispered and lifted his chin to make him look at me.

'It's not beautiful. It's the voice of a kid not knowing what was going on' Mitch signed and scoffed. "What do you mean?" I ask him, but he pulls away fully.

He gets out of the bed and walks towards his closet, pulling a new pair of pants and shirt. 'Get dressed, I'm taking you home' He signed as he grabbed his phone from beside me and then his keys.

I chuckled dryly before throwing the duvet off of me, I put on my pants and yanked his shirt off, I put my own on and found my jacket before walking past him.

"Don't bother. I can walk" I retorted and slammed the door after me. I stormed down the stairs and exited the house. It was three in the morning. I started walking home and scoffed a little in disbelief.

No way I would let him throw me out and then drive me home. No, just no.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

420K 2.9K 20
| EDITED & FULL VERSION IS OUT ON KINDLE NOW | Young Alexandra Lowell is head over heels in love with Marcus Torres-her brothers best friend. He's a...
235K 21.5K 116
VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED SHORT CHAPTERS (1500 - 2000 words) She's as clever as the Devil and twice as pretty. Madison has a secret, and she wants...
362K 4K 39
Enemies don't look at each other the way you do. !!THE BOOK IS GOING TO BE EDITED SOON!! After the problem she went through and escaping her abusive...
2.6K 374 37
Fritz Reiter used to be so good at being obnoxious. Throughout the first few years of high school, Fritz got famous for two things - being hot, and a...