Tesoro

By lovinraura_

A man in power. A woman that craves it. - Success Laura Marano was certain she was destined to reach it, onc... More

Chapter 0 -
01 | Change
02 | Mr. Lynch
03 | Pretentious Prick
04 | New Strategy
05 | Fire And Ice
06 | Wicked Game
07 | The Cutie
08 | Earn It
09 | Trust
10 | Office Gossip
11 | Phone Number
12 | Questions
13 | Stolen Cigarette
14 | Cut The Tension
15 | Guilty
16 | Lollipop
17 | Wife
18 | Flirt
19 | Gift
20 | Counting
21 | Bloody Lips
22 | Cold Shoulder
23 | A Lynch
24 | Gloves
25 | The Welcoming
26 | Kiss, Don't Tell
27 | In A Different Way
28 | A Mean One
29 | Clothes Off
30 | Ice Skin
31 | I'm Not Nice
32 | The Breakdown
33 | Louie's Disaster
34 | Exposed Secrets
35 | Aftermath
36 | Between us
37 | Mystery Girl
38 | Hawk
39 | Apart of me
41 | My World
42 | Sour Thoughts
43 | Lost In Love
44 | Locket
45 | Stained
46 | Nightmare Of A Dream
47 | His Smile
48 | My Love Or My Life
49 | I Need You
50 | Epilogue
51 | Epilogue
New Announcement

40 | Trouble

592 57 78
By lovinraura_

Laura's Pov

"Where are you?"

I took a deep, cold breath, just watching the windshields wipe off drops of rain, holding the phone to my ear.

Despite having Ross' large leather jacket covering my naked shoulders, that had a warm coat on the inside, I was still shaking.

I was afraid- it wasn't because I was cold.

"Ross' car" I replied.

I heard Gema let out a sigh of relief, before speaking up again "Are you okay?"

Physically? Yes.

Mentally? I wasn't sure I was even here.

"I'm okay" I sighed "Are you guys alright?"

"Yes" she replied "Ross has hired guards for us"

My eyebrows raised "Huh?"

"Yeah- after he made everyone leave and talked a bit to Larry, he pointed us to a car that would take us home-" she took a deep breath "There's two men in the front that explained that they'll be guarding our apartment. Ross said we're not in danger- he's mainly worried about you, but he's doing this anyway just to make sure everyone's safe in the apartment."

"Oh" I nodded, pressing my lips "Okay, good. Are you guys home yet?"

"We're getting close to the street" she explained "Really, are you okay? You don't sound well"

"I'll be fine" I looked down at my lap- where I'd placed my bracelet.

"Are you coming home tonight?" she questioned.

"I don't know" I sighted "I- I don't care"

"Stay safe" she whispered "I love you"

"I love you too" I replied, before she ended the call.

I set my phone down- touching the bracelet in my lap instead.

A lot had happened.

I saw Devon again, after such a long time. I didn't think I'd see his devil face again.

The fact that he was in the gang wasn't the surprising part- he'd always been a violent person. Hey, maybe I had a type?

What surprised me was finding him that close to Ross. Out of every path of crime or mafia that he could choose - he became part of Ross' Gang.

The red circle association.

What did that even stand for?

The girl's name, who I knew was Rebecca- I learned she'd followed me for a while, before she made herself shown.

My bracelet had loosened and fell on the sidewalk- she was screaming it was her right to take it, that she deserved it.

She went absolutely violent, and pulled out a knife on me, but she didn't get me- Ross stepped in and handled her, and she accidentally cut his arms not once, twice, but three times.

Then she fell to the ground, crying, and they restrained her.

There was something severely wrong with her. She needed help- mental, physical help. A normal person wouldn't act like that.

After that incident, Ross asked for her to be put away, but held onto for now, so they dragged her away, and he threw the jacket over me, walking me to his car, and locking the doors, before going back to the bar.

I saw people go in and out for a few minutes, and finally- after about thirty minutes, he was walking to the car- alone.

He walked around, getting in the driver's seat, and automatically locking the doors again.

I stared at the cuts on his arms- seeing the dried blood and dirt over the cuts, that stained his skin, and his now cut up shirt.

He must've seen me stare, when he spoke up "They don't hurt"

I looked up at his eyes, and his hand fell off the wheel, as he stared back at me.

The look on his eyes alone, rushed every emotion I was pushing back to the front, and I tried not to cry- I did, but I let out a sob anyway.

I looked down immediately, effectively making the tears fall quicker.

"Come here" he spoke up, and I listened, climbing onto him- and he pulled me in, setting me on his lap.

I hugged his neck, and folded my legs over his, and he hugged my body- wrapping his arms around me warmly.

It somehow made me feel better, and worse at the same time. I was crying in his chest like that for a while, and the only things he kept repeating were "I know" and "I'm sorry".

I wanted to so badly say it wasn't his fault, but I couldn't speak- overwhelmed by my own emotions.

We stayed in that parking lot for a while, until I calmed down slightly, and he wiped my tears away, giving me some tissues, before starting the car.

I didn't know if he was taking me home, or to his house, but I was fine with either.

He did end up taking me to his condo, and we walked in. He turned on the lights, and pointed me to the couch, as he went to the kitchen.

I turned my head, to see him fill up a glass of water.

He brought it over to me, then sat on the side, watching me drink it, then put the glass down on the table for me.

"Are you tired?" he questioned.

I nodded.

Honestly, all my limbs had given up. I had no voice, or strength.

"Let's get you to bed" he spoke.

"Your arms" I touched his shoulder.

"I'll take a shower" he shrugged "Usually cleans everything up"

"That must burn" I narrowed my eyes.

"It's a good type of burn" he licked his lips "Makes me feel alive"

My eyebrows raised, as he took off his shirt fully. I wondered, did his showers always hurt?

I noticed two more cuts on his body, and shook my head "Get in the shower. I'll help you put you bandages on after"

"Fine, but in the meanwhile, change into something more comfortable. My closet is yours." he kneeled in front of me.

I smiled a bit "Okay"

He kissed my forehead, before he left for the shower.

I took a deep breath, before moving, doing exactly as he said.

I took my time to walk in the bedroom, and look through his clothes for a shirt- of course, there was only button ups, but I did find one that was thick and quite soft.

I took off everything, and put on his shirt, then took off my extensions, and wiped off my already tear smudged make up with some random wipes I found- they worked nicely.

By that time, Ross came out of the shower- now wearing a different pair or more comfortable looking black pants. He looked so good.

He was still drying his hair, and his cuts were clean, but redder with fresh blood.

I winced every time the towel would touch one- it was like I felt his pain but he didn't even flinch.

A machine.

He did a little shake of his hair before adjusting it with his hands, then sitting down on his armchair with a groan.

I quickly pulled out the little kit I remembered where I placed last time, and walked over to him.

He stared at me up and down, and I pulled the ottoman in front of the armchair, to start on my work.

I gently pressed the first cotton pad onto the cut, making him hiss, and his head fell back.

"I'm sorry" I whispered, blowing on it, which was my lame attempt at making it less painful.

"No I'm sorry" he sighted "You were never supposed to be pulled into this"

"It's not your fault. I'm stubborn" I looked up at him "When people try to tell me one thing, I want to do the opposite"

He looked at me then, smiling a bit "I like that"

God, just the way he looked at me had me practically on my knees. And I wondered how I got into this position?

How?

That smile was how.

I shook my head, getting everything ready to clean the first cut.

The initial contact made him cuss out, before he relaxed a bit "Laura?"

"Hm?" I mumbled, cutting up the bandage.

"How do you know him?" he questioned.

I had a lump in my throat, as I looked up to meet his focused stare.

"We.." I sighted "used to date"

His eyebrows furrowed then "For how long?"

"Before I even knew you" I pressed my lips, sitting back "He.. was my first love. We dated for a while when I was very young, split up and ended up back together again years later. This second time though, it wasn't as easy to let go"

He nodded, encouraging me to keep talking.

"He abused me in a lot of ways- a lot of ways I was practically blind to in the beginning. I'd cry my eyes out every day because of him- and every time, I'd still find it in my heart to forgive, though I never did forget. He slept with others, of course, yelled at me, and it was when it got physical that I knew I needed a way out" I looked down, touching the bandage with my fingers.

It wasn't fun recalling all the years of pure manipulation he'd put me through. He took my innocence.

"I was so stupid. My friends hated him, and sometimes even though I could see what they saw- I went back because well, I thought he was my person" I shook my head, looking away "We were on and off for quite a bit at the end, until I officially broke it off two years ago now."

"Hey" he mumbled, touching my cheek, and turning my head to look at him "Come back here"

I stared at him.

"You didn't deserve any of that" he spoke up, quietly "You're the most outstanding woman I've ever met. I hate that he hurt you.. and I hate that I can't fix it"

"It's not on you to" I stared at him "But, it is because of him, and well.. people like him, that I stopped believing I'd ever want to get married, or have a good family. I mean what's the point if I can't even get myself to trust someone again?"

His eyes were understanding, with a hint of sadness as he nodded "I know how that feels. Either way, I know who to use as bait in case of trapping the enemy"

I smiled a bit, shaking my head as I looked down "Ross"

"Call it karma"

I stayed silent, finishing up cleaning more of his cuts, before picking up the bandage again.

I couldn't however, stop thinking of what I'd just said. I didn't want to think of Devon right now- I wanted to think of Ross.

So then, it slipped.

"I trust you"

His eyes fell on mine again.

"I probably shouldn't, but I do" I whispered "I trust you to protect me. There's so much good in you."

That seemed to get him thinking for a few seconds, as he stared at me- as sweet as a puppy.

"You're the first person that I've heard say that, apart from my family, in a long.. long time my dear"

I continued wrapping the last bandage on his strong bicep, before kissing the top of the bandage.

He ran a hand through my hair "You have no idea of the things I've done"

I rested my chin on his arm, simply staring up at him "I trust that there was good reason behind each and every single bad thing, or it was perhaps a bad situation. I wouldn't believe you'd cause harm to someone of innocence. I'm not scared."

"My sweet girl" he smiled tiredly, but it was one of his most genuine smiles "I don't know what I've done to gain your trust, but believe me when I say this- I'll protect you with my life"

"I know" I whispered, touching his bandages.

He wrapped an arm around my waist, pulling me over his lap- my legs hanging on one side of the armchair.

He kissed my forehead, and I closed my eyes, snuggling my head under his jaw.

He smelled heavenly, and I felt so exhausted, that if he hadn't spoken in a minute, I could've probably went to sleep.

"Everything will be alright" he caressed my arm "You're safe"

I lifted my head, then looked back at him again "Do you think there might be truth behind what the girl said?"

"The one that sliced me with a knife because she was seeing red?" he shook his head "No. I've been lied too many times, using the pregnancy trick."

"Why?" I questioned.

"Money" he shrugged "Name, to trap me- It's never worked."

I nodded silently at that, choosing to believe him for now.

"I want to know more about you, actually" he spoke up again "Is it alright to ask, what happened to your dad?"

I nodded.

"He passed when I was practically a baby" I stared at him "Freak car accident. My mom has a couple of pictures of him, but that's about it. She raised me alone"

Ross nodded at that, as I felt his fingers move up and down my arm, slowly- relaxing me slightly.

"It was easy, you know?" I pressed my lips "To be trapped in that cycle of abuse when I'd never seen what love looked like in the first place. I never got to remember my parents together, but at least, my family in Italy, did help raise me as well"

He stayed silent for a while, as I layed my head back down on his shoulder.

"Love hurts" he spoke up.

I felt the energy in the room shift slightly, but chose to ignore it.

"Everyone says that" I whispered "But I no longer think it's true"

He moved his head from on top of mine, to try and look down at me "No?"

I looked down, before staring at his gorgeous eyes.

"Loneliness hurts. Rejection hurts. Losing someone hurts. Envy hurts. Everyone gets these things confused with love, but in reality love is the only thing in this world that covers up all pain and makes someone feel wonderful again. Love is the only thing in this world that does not hurt."

An inch away as we were, we just stared at each other- not a thing said.

Yet one thing, one thing had changed.

I was scared to say what, and I knew he was too, so for now, we pretended like it was all .. just the same.

Ross' Pov

"How do I look?"

She placed her hands on her waist, turning her head to the side, as she came out onto the street, stepping on the wet cubblestone, post last night's rain.

"If autumn were a woman"

I get greeted by her smile, and I'm still sitting inside the car, with one foot outside, I place my hands at the back of her thighs and drag her in.

She giggles as her knees fold, and she falls down immediately- only holding herself up with one hand on my knee, as she gives me a kiss.

I keep her hair back with my hand, kissing her back- and I never really want to stop. Her lips always honey sweet, and she smells like vanilla.

As she pulls away, I'm still left wanting more, but she sits up straight and winks at me before walking around to the passager side of my car.

Once I have her in, and she's ready, we head to work.

We were a bit late, considering we had to stop to her apartment so she could get ready- she couldn't go to work wearing my clothes after all.

As I drive us quickly, looking at the road, I hear her speak up "What's going to happen to Rebecca?"

I almost don't recognize the name, until I remember the girl.

"I'll deal with her today" I nodded "Don't you worry"

She stayed silent then, and as we arrived to work, I parked the car, and we got out.

We walked in as usual. The only thing that was unusual was us arriving at the same time.

Still, I don't think I'd be so shocking as to warrant stares, or whispers.

I heard Laura say good morning to practically everyone that acknowledged us, and they seemed to respond accordingly.

So we walked in the office, and in a few minutes, settled down everything.

Leaning on the table, Laura stared at her phone, then smiled "Gema just texted me wanting me to ask you if either one of the guards are single"

I sat down, then stared up at her for a while, before giving her an amused smile "That girl can't be held back huh?"

"Never" Laura giggled, smiling as she shook her head.

"Jim is single. Nate's married" I rolled my eyes, folding up the paperwork.

"Thank you" Laura smiled teasingly.

We'd woken up in a surprisingly calm mood, even after last night's events. After everything, we'd slept the night together, and nothing more.

I missed her in that way as well, so it was nice. Her presence had some sort of healing effect on me- I was certain. We could be in the worst stations, and she'd still manage to keep me smiling.

It was different from my old principles of life, that kept me straight and to the point. Then again, everything was different with her.

She was a strong, brave girl- last night was the biggest test. She'd stuck by me, for whatever reason.

Interrupting that trade of thought, came a phonecall on the workphone.

It was early for calls, but I usually left the phone calls to Laura, so she was quick to take it.

"Hello" she spoke.

I stared at her, seeing her eyebrows narrow in confusion "Did they say why?"

Then, she nodded "Alright, we'll be there. Thank you."

Before I could even ask, she spoke up "We.. might be in trouble"

☽。⋆.

Hello thereee.

How is everybody? Did you enjoy this chapter?

This was a little bit of an aftermath sort of chapter but the next one will have way more action, and well, answers.

I've just started watching Peaky Blinders lately and ngl I love ittt. Definitely will serve nicely for inspo for this book 🫣

And I've been super excited for fall lately. Totally in that mood. Well fall and visiting my boyfriend in a few days 🤌 and moving in with him in October which is insane.

Anyway, on the topic of this book:

The reveals are far from over- you're in fact just getting started, and I really really hope everyone sticks by the end of the book because I'm saving the biggest, and the best, for last.

And before you go, let me ask you one question - Do you believe Ross Lynch (in this book alone) is a good man?

Anyway, please comment and vote!! Helps lots. Follow for more. All love.

_G

50 votes and 45 comments required for next chapter!

follow my book's Instagram page for more updates!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79.6K 2.4K 45
#fanfiction On the day of his best friend's wedding, 21 years old Ross Lynch relives the past by meeting good-looking, tattooed, troubled girl of his...
167K 4.2K 40
"He leaned in and slowly closed his eyes, his lips were now so close to mine, I could feel his warm breathe." It was at Laura's first R5 concert. Out...
60.2K 1.6K 43
I SUGGEST NOT READING THIS I WROTE THIS WHEN I WAS TWELVE OR THIRTEEN Laura Marie Marano, a simple yet misunderstood girl who lives in LA, goes to M...
8.3K 278 22
All Laura's ever wanted is to be famous. Like them. Like R5. The fans, the concerts, the everything. But being the secret songwriter of R5 might be a...