Lab Rats - The untold story (...

By DavenMarvel

In Mission Creek, Adam Davenport meets a sarcastic, smart and mysterious waitress at a small diner in town, w... More

Episode 2: Bionic Waiter
Episode 3: Adam's date
Episode 4: The Krane Sisters
Episode 5: Harper vs Perry
Episode 6: Bionic Skates
Episode 7: The Smartest Girl in the World
Episode 8: Girl's night
Episode 9: you posted what? (Part 1)
Episode 10: you posted what? (Part 2)
Episode 11: The DavenMaze
Episode 12: Mr and Mrs Adam Davenport
Episode 13: Looking for a family
Episode 14: Matching Opponent
Episode 15: Spike Fright
Episode 16: The Rise of the Lost Soldiers (part 1)
Episode 17: The Rise of the Lost Soldiers (part 2)
Episode 18: Bionic Houseparty
A/N next book! (Lab Rats The Untold Story- Part 2)
A/N New book !!!

Episode 1: Adam's crush

1K 32 87
By DavenMarvel

After he gets his driver's license, Adam decides to explore Mission Creek.

He drives through town until he sees a sign for a diner nearby.

The sign says that this snack bar is having a promotion, where you buy an assorted milk shake and get a free donut.

"uuh! milk shake and donut....this place screams "Adam!" Adam says.

As he walks into the "rock cafe" a small Cafeteria in town, he walks in looking at a sign.

A girl at the counter spots him, she smiles and whispers something to the guy next to her and he whispers something back to her, the two laugh lightly

Adam spots the girl and approaches her with a smile.

"welcome to the Rock Cafe, how can I help you?" the girl says "uh i want a milkshake, and donut for free please!" Adam smiles, the girl smirks.

"I KNEW IT!" she says excited, asking the guy next to her for money, Adam gives a little startled jump, the guy puts the money in her hand and rolls his eyes.

"fifth time this week Phill...you suck accept it!" She says.

"uh?" Adam frowns confused "Oh sorry, this is just a bet we make here" the girl says putting the money in her pocket.

"And I won!!" Adam says excitedly "What? No! It's a bet between the employees" she says "Ooh!" Adam says.

"get this, for every person that walks in here we have practically 1 minute, which is the time from the door to the counter to try to guess what that person is going to order... and then we bet" she says smiling.

"wow It must be really boring to work here, right!?" Adam says, the girl shrugs.

A guy approaches the door "check it out, an example!" She points, Adam looks at the guy.

"you see that guy ? I can already see by the suit that he must be a businessman, he's talking on the phone which kinda proves my theory, every businessman who comes in here usually asks for coffee, BUT he has a mustache and according to statistics men with mustaches over 90% of the time order decaf coffee...." She says, Adam frowns confused.

"don't ask me why it just weirdly happens!" She says quickly "I stopped listening to you when you said statistics...I just kept smiling because you're so cute when you explain things" Adam smiles, she gets embarrassed and tucks her hair behind her ear.

The guy walks over "hello welcome to the Rock Cafe, how can I help you?" She asks.

The guy doesn't take his eyes off his phone and says "I want a decaf coffee" Adam opens his mouth in admiration and raises his arms in silent celebration.

The girl smiles at him, proud of herself "of course you do" she says pouring a cup of decaf coffee and handing it to the guy, the guy walks away.

"woah! that was awesome!, how did you do that!?" Adam says "well I have a lot of free time here and....I'm very observant so" she says.

"you read minds !?" Adam says "no I just observe and c....Yes! I read minds...uuuhh!!" she says jokingly "stop I ain't a kid!" Adam says.

"but you have the appetite of one" she says handing him the milkshake and donut.

"Yeah I'm always told I have a childish palate... I don't understand!" Adam says "don't ever change dude!" She says sarcastically.

Adam smiles watching her putting on her glasses and go through the cash register.

"uh I'm Adam!" Adam says, she smiles "I'm Harper!" She says "oh that's a beautiful name.....what's it again!?" Adam says "Harper!" She says.

"so...are you doing something later?" Adam says leaning on the counter "why!?" Harper asks suspiciously.

"cuz maybe we could hang out....I just got my driver's license so... I can take you anywhere!" Adam says smiling with a flirty tone.

"Good for you, and I have to work so..."Harper says "tomorrow then!" Adam says, Harper smiles.

"Adam are you asking me on a date?" Harper asks in surprise "yeah...didn't you get my seductive look!?" Adam says while he does the seductive look.

"Oh! I thought you were holding back a sneeze" Harper says "look Adam, you seem like a nice guy but...I really can't" Harper says "why not!?" Adam says "uh.... work" Harper says sounds like an excuse.

"okay...but I want you to teach me the magic of reading minds!" Adam says, Harper looks at Adam "yeah well, I don't think you have that ability" Harper says.

......................................................................

Adam comes home with a smile, he takes his backpack and throws it in Chase's face who is on the couch.

"Hello Guys!!" Adam says while doing this "hey Adam!? You look happy" Bree says coming from the kitchen.

"Yeah, thanks for throwing your happiness in my face!" Chase says irritably getting up from the couch.

"don't be silly Chase!...I threw my backpack in your face!" Adam says.

"what happened?" Bree asks "I met a girl!" Adam says "Oh poor girl !" Chase says.

"she works at the Rock Cafe, her name is Harper and she's really nice!" Adam says "Oooh! did you ask her out?" Bree says excited.

"yeah but she turned me down, I don't know why" Adam says "well, maybe it's because she has a brain!" Chase says.

"she said it's because of work" Adam says "but she works in a cafeteria!...what does she have to do !?" Bree says, Adam agrees.

"I'm sorry Adam but maybe she just doesn't want to date you" Chase says "but that makes me want to date her even more!" Adam says sounding like a kid, Chase rolls his eyes.

"want what you can't have...classic" Bree says "She's really nice and I think we could really get along" Adam says.

"Adam has lots of other girls who want to go out with you...why is this one in particular you're so intrigued" Bree asks "Because she was the only one who refused! I need to prove her wrong for losing this" Adam says making his face seductive.

"Adam turn your face away to sneeze please!" Chase says crossing his arms.

"well you can try talking to her more" Bree say "but she's always saying she's working" Adam says.

"ooohh i have an ideia!" Adam says getting up "what if I work with her!" Adam says excitedly.

"Are you seriously considering getting a job just to try to get a date with a girl you just met?" Chase says "yeah!" Adam says.

"oh and detail, a girl who rejected you!?" Chase says "yeah!...Chase didn't you hear any of the conversation?" Adam says, Chase rolls his eyes.

......................................................................

The next day Adam enters the cafeteria motivated, Harper sees him entering.

"hey Harper!" Adam says arriving at the counter, Harper grabs a camera and takes a picture of Adam, he blinks with the camera flash.

"Did you take a picture of me?" Adam says "yes! You are our new most loyal customer, You came here two days in a row!" Harper says smiling.

Adam frowns "yeah we don't get many customers" Harper says frustrated.

"Who was the most loyal former customer?" Adam asks "that guy" Harper points to a picture of a guy on the wall "he was here for 3 hours straight last week" Harper says.

"He's the reason this place hasn't gone out of business yet" she says, Adam nods.

"so you want a free donut, huh?" Harper says "nope I want to work here" Adam says "no you don't!" Harper laughs.

"why not?" Adam asks "cuz you got a life to live" Harper says "how about you?" Adam says "I don't have one...so I work here in hopes of getting one" she smiles sarcastically.

"I'm going to work here" Adam says "well... it's your decision I have nothing to do with it" Harper says "no, actually you're the reason for this" Adam says "what?" She says "nothing" Adam says.

......................................................................

On the first day of work Adam is drinking all the ice cream straight from the machine.

"ADAM!" Harper says walking into the kitchen "what's up?" Adam says wiping his mouth with ice cream.

"what are you doing !?" Harper say "trying the ice cream...Isn't that what cooks do?" Adam asks.

"First, they don't try it like that....and second, you're not a cook!" Harper says.

"What am I going to do then?" He says "you're a cashier and a waiter like me" Harper says "Aw look at us we have so much in common already" Adam says putting his hand on her shoulder "Yeah...we're soulmates" Harper says sarcastically.

She takes him to the cashier "okay you'll just stay here and take orders" Harper says.

"what about the magic cash box ?" Adam says "the cash register is my responsibility, since it's broken I have to manually count the money" Harper says.

"I can do this!" Adam says "can you ?" Harper says "totally!" Adam says.

"Adam? How much are these dollar bills worth?" Harper says showing two dollar bills "Two Lincolns!" Adam says "Oh boy" Harper says.

"didn't see that coming huh" Adam says convinced "indeed" Harper says.

"We're gonna have fun working together" Adam says, Harper smiles "okay I'm happy working with you" she smiles.

"So now I can participate in the bet?" Adam asks "okay" Harper says.

A woman walks in "there that woman, what is she going to order?" Harper says "how much is it worth?" Adam asks "a Lincoln" Harper smiles sarcastically "oooh are you sure ? that's worth a lot" Adam says.

"okay, I think she's going to order a veggie burger" Adam says "Adam, that's not on our menu" Harper says "oh....it should be" Adam says.

"you saw the menu our supervisor specifically told you to read and memorize all the items?" Harper crosses her arms "sure" Adam says, Harper raises her eyebrow.

"okay no but only because the menu was next to the ice cream machine" Adam says.

Harper laughs "What?" Adam says "you're funny" Harper says "really" Adam says smiling "yeah! but don't get carried away cuz you're on edge" Harper says.

"Is it a problem not knowing the menu?" Adam asks "relax it's just your first day, and I'm here to help you" Harper says "thanks you're really nice" Adam says, Harper smiles and goes back to work.

......................................................................

Everyone is at school, Adam is late because he ended up oversleeping because of staying late at work.

"where have you been?" Leo asks "asleep" Adam says "why did you stay late at work?"Bree asks "because Harper closes the diner on Thursdays and I wanted to keep her company" Adam says.

"did that at least tend to some kind of evolution between you two?" Bree ask "yup" Adam says confident.

"what happened?" Leo says "well we were talking and I made her laugh several times....it was cool" Adam says.

"you asked her out right?" Leo says "yup" Adam says "and she refused again huh" Leo says "yyeah" Adam says frustrated.

Chase walks in "Adam where were you?...I got your test" Chase says "How much did I get?" Adam says taking the paper.

"Adam why you answered all the questions with answers like....Coffee with sugar, orange juice with pomegranate, orange juice with lemon....and this goes on for two pages!" Chase says.

"Oh man! it was because I was studying the cafe menu....I must have got it in the wrong notebook" Adam laughs.

"why did you memorize the menu?" Chase says "because Harper said I need to know the menu" Adam says "Seriously !? Still this girl?" Chase says.

"Adam accept that there is a girl in this town who doesn't like you like that...at least there's only one" Bree says.

"yeah only one who doesn't, look at Chase he doesn't have any that likes him" Leo says putting his hand on Chase's shoulder who rolls his eyes.

"but she's so nice....yesterday we blew up soda cans in the parking lot" Adam smiles.

"How romantic" Chase says sarcastically "I know!!" Adam says "I was being sarcastic" Chase says "oh and what do you know?" Adam says angry.

"look Chase may not understand rants about girls but..." Leo says, Chase shakes his head angrily "I think he's right this time" Leo concludes, Chase smiles.

"yeah Adam, unfortunately this time you're in the friendzone" Bree says "NO! No the friendzone!" Adam says scared "what is the friendzone?" Adam discreetly asks Leo.

"is when a girl sees you as a friend and only a friend... forever" Leo says "So you guys are saying that exploding cans in the parking lot is for friends" Adam says, everyone nods "yes, friends and vandals" Leo says.

"You lost bro...accept" Chase says "like you accepted !? No" Adam says.

"Adam when you enter the friendzone it's very hard to get out" Leo says "Bree what do I do?" Adam says "I don't know I don't even know her" Bree says.

"No! Adam Devenport doesn't stay in the friendzone...you'll see...you'll see that I'm not like Chase!" Adam says.

"wanna stop it!" Chase says "Sorry Chase I know you were never in the friendzone" Adam says.

"thanks Adam" Chase says "because for that you need to talk to a girl first" Adam says, Chase leaves annoyed.

......................................................................

The next day Harper is at the diner, she's sitting at the counter, with her feet up on the counter reading a book.

Adam walks in "hey Harper!" He says "shhh!" She raises her hand and doesn't take her eyes off the book.

"I think I already know who killed the butler!" Harper says speaking of the book.

She jumps from the first three pages of the book to the last "Ah, how predictable!" Harper laughs and throws the book.

"Good morning Adam" Harper says, Adam starts to pack up.

"So Harper..." Adam says but is interrupted "No Adam...I'm not going on a date with you" Harper says sensibly.

"why not?" Adam says "Adam understand that...I'm not the type of girl guys ask on dates" Harper says.

"why not? You're pretty and nice" Adam smiles, Harper makes a shy face.

"I don't know...I'm just not the type that...you know...It just doesn't happen very often..." Harper says thoughtfully.

"Am I in the friendzone?" Adam says "aaww...yeah" Harper says pityingly.

"but it's just because I don't think I'm your type" Harper says "I think it is" Adam says "I don't think so" Harper says "yeah" Adam says "no" Harper says "yes" Adam says "okay stop!" Harper says.

"Listen to me girl! You will seder" Adam says "the chances of you getting that are very low" Harper says.

"no one can resist the charm of Adam Devenport you'll see sooner or later" Adam smiles "Honestly I'm scared... But it'll be fun to watch you try" Harper smiles and starts to leaves.

Adam picks up the book she was reading, he looks through the pages.

"how did you solve the mystery by reading only four pages?" Adam says "oh...i just... " Harper can't find the words to describe how predictable the book was for her.

"oh you saw the movie right?" Adam says smiling "uh...sure" Harper says and leaves "oh good one" Adam says smiling.

......................................................................

{[SPECIAL NOTE!! I want to sincerely thank the talented b_naevis For this wonderful cover and the Gif that I loved immensely. This is so beautiful, I don't even know how to thank you for an incredible gift like this, Thank you💕, you are incredible and your stories and covers are equally incredible. You are a very special friend, thank you for all your support and for liking my story  🥰♥️💕✨}]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

82.2K 3.1K 14
in which a shy girl writes a note to a popular boy.
61.8K 1.6K 48
On a routine mission to Earth to pick up new recruits, Bones and Spock, along with the rest of the Enterprise crew are stunned when one of the newest...
24.6K 326 31
***Completed until season 5*** In which, Rudy Harrington, younger brother of Steve Harrington, falls madly in love with one of the new girls from Cal...
667K 9.7K 133
Luna Walker was left at the doorstep of Donald Davenport. He adopted her and has loved her and treated her like she was his own. When Donald marries...