When the sea brings you home

By sarahxgilmore

When things go south in your life, well... it's time actually go South. Beatrice leaves her boyfriend while t... More

February 6th
The break
The beach house
Welcome home
The first night
The first morning
Terry's
Best chef in town
Nail Salon
The 'party'
The program
Midnight swim
Festival
Bracelet stand
Sassy Cassie
Adoption
Camilla
The video
The spiral
The list
Paperwork
F1 driver
Personal Banker
Teenage-Bea
The office
New York
Moving out
The next day
Vogue
Four
Stitches
Bitter memory
Waiting room
The deck
Fashion show
Campfire
Roofied drink
Fighting
Snowflake
Business look
In the office
A very unfortunate encounter
Fast and Furious
Sun
Two weeks later
Tina's luggage
Tequila
Disney

Car ride

11 2 0
By sarahxgilmore

"Jake. Please come take us home."

Just a few minutes after my phone call, I saw his car parked outside. I threw Tina's arm above my shoulder and carried her to the car. The girl was absolutely wasted. 

Jake opened the door for her and helped me get her in the backseat. She was laughing hysterically. Jake closed the door and looked at me.

- What happened?! he asked.

- Your sister can get absolutely crazy when a cute guy's asking for her number, I say.

I get in the car and run my hand on my face. My makeup's probably smudged all over the place but I really didn't care. I was so tired all I could think about was getting home. I was so glad Jake could come and her sister safely.

"I'm sorry for calling you, Jake. But I couldn't handle her and I had a couple drinks myself-"

- Save it, Prior. It's really no problem.

I smile gratefully. 

When I look in the rearview mirror I see Tina asleep. Jake must've noticed too.

"I'm gonna pass by the pharmacy to get her some aspirin", he sighs.  

He does so, and comes back with some painkillers too.

"For your headache tomorrow", he says handing me one of the bottles.

I thank him. The car goes silent after that. I lean my head on the window.

- Hey, Tris. You okay?

- Mhm. I'm just tired.

Jake looks at me, skeptical, but keeps his eyes on the road.

"I don't know what kind of problems you and your boyfriend are having... and it kills me to say, but I'm sure that if it meant to be alright, it will be."

This was the first time Jake hasn't referred to Tristan as 'prince charming'.

Jake clear his throat.

- In the meanwhile, if things ever go wrong... you can always call me if you need help. These kind of men don't tend to be intimidated by women, even if you and Tina could tear him up if you wanted.

I chuckle. But he was right. During our arguments, Tristan was never intimidated by me. I'm not saying that he should've been, but he was barely respectful when we fought.

Jake dropped me off. 

"Thanks", I say. "I mean it."

I close the door and head straight to my bedroom to take a shower. By the time I was done it was almost one o'clock, so I laid on the the bed under the sheets.

The minute my head touches the pillow, I drift into a deep, dreamless sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Cherry By em

Romance

3.7K 157 40
|Wattpad Featured| Every summer after her college semester is over, Cherry Adams travels back to her small hometown in South Carolina to visit her f...
Pitieous By

Romance

9 0 8
Summer, a timid and introverted third-year student, who loves adventure within the comforting embrace of her favorite books. She also loves surfing a...
22.3K 981 25
All through high school, Reagan Bell and Alec Mason, inseparable childhood friends and neighbors, had wanted to go to the same college. Had planned t...
84.8K 1.7K 81
Good grades, affluence, and opportunities, Sophia Parrish has everything a 17-year old girl could possibly want. That is, until a summer vacation wit...