Break From Chicago | KV

By storiesbysarah_

"I just need you ta believe in me, Kaliyah. Give me this one chance ta show you that I could be better fa you... More

Prologue: "New Years Eve Kiss"
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32: The Final Chapter

Chapter 2

6.5K 388 192
By storiesbysarah_

Hey again😘 Enjoyyyyy

Chicago IL📍
Saturday, May 11th

"Ugh..."

Kaliyah could hear herself groaning as her eyes slowly fluttered open. She scrunched her face up slightly, blinking a few times and realizing that she was staring right at the clock on her nightstand. She could see the time which read 10am.

Damn, I gotta get up.

She thought quietly to herself. Kaliyah just fought the exhausted feeling that weighed on her body as she attempted to sit up in bed. Her body was being restricted though as she simply couldn't move at all. Kali frowned, noticing a familiar arm wrapped around her waist securely.

"Shit..."

She muttered, just as the memories of the night before came flooding through her brain. All she could see were flashes of herself at the strip club taking a few shots, dancing on the pole, money flying everywhere, oh and let's not forget Duke convincing her to take him back to her place last night.

Kaliyah kept mentally cursing herself, also remembering how drunk Duke was the entire night. He had spent the whole time crying and begging for her to take him back.

Kali wasn't sure how she even got to this point with him, only because she swore up and down that she was seriously done with Duke and all of his shenanigans.... yet here he was back again in her bed. It was starting to feel like an endless cycle to her, which she was slowly but surely getting tired of.

The only bright side to this was that Kaliyah made it clear that she was not having sex with Duke at all, period. She made that choice a while back to stop giving him pussy since he truly didn't know how to be a faithful boyfriend to her. She felt like if the man she was in love with couldn't even treat her right, why should she give him any of her goods?

"Duke, get up."

She spoke, attempting to shove his arm right off her. He just groaned, refusing to move while staying in the position he was laying in.

"Duke I'm so serious, you gotta go."

She grumbled, pinching his arm now. Duke just sucked his teeth, using his free hand to lazily slap her fingers away from him.

"Duke for real, get up."

Kaliyah groaned, shoving his arm off her body and finally hopping out the bed. He continued to ignore her, instead turning his back toward her before attempting to go to sleep. Kali huffed with frustration, eyeing him as he just laid on her bed all snuggled up with her pillows. She had plenty of thoughts about punching him right in the back of his head with her fist.

He don't deserve no sleep, especially not in my bed.

She scoffed.

Rolling her eyes and giving up, she placed her feet into her Louie Vuitton house slippers before strolling her way toward her bathroom. She spotted the huge bag of money from last night, which sat lazily in the corner of her room. She could see a bunch of $50 and $100 dollar bills just spilling out the bag like crazy. She made a mental note to count all that money sometime today before leaving the house.

In the meantime, she made it to the bathroom, spending the next 30 minutes doing all of her hygiene. By now, the sweet smell of vanilla and cocoa butter began swirling around her room, causing Duke to finally wake up. Kaliyah also had music softly playing in the bathroom from her beats pill speaker.

Even though she probably only had about 4 hours of sleep, Kaliyah knew that she had a lot to do today. Firstly, she had plans to go pick up some breakfast for herself and her father, and spend some time with him at the hospital. After that, her and Leilani planned on going shopping for a new outfit for their shift tonight at the gentleman's club.

Kaliyah had been hearing about a huge King Von concert going on in town, and how him and his team rented out an entire section at the club tonight for an after party. Kali knew about King Von. The last time she actually saw him was the night of new years back in 2009, when she had her first kiss with him. Even though that moment was sweet, she never really cared for him much after that.

He ended up going to jail on some murder charge the last time she heard, causing her to never see or hear from him again; well at least until 2016 when he got released from jail and blew up as a rap artist all within the same year.

Kali thought it was cool that he had finally made it out the streets and was doing pretty well for himself. She had heard a lot of his music, especially since the DJ's tended to play his songs at the clubs in Chicago. She also heard that him and Asian, her cousin, had been dating for a while too.

Unfortunately, Kaliyah and Asian were no longer as close as they once were. Kali remembers Asian suddenly switching up on her one day, and never wanting to speak or hang out with her again. She could never figure out why Asian hated her guts, but she really had no choice but to let it be-

"Where you going?"

Duke's voice could be heard, interrupting her thoughts. Kaliyah was in the middle of applying mascara to her lashes. She was leaned up against the counter, looking closely into the mirror.

"Out."

She plainly stated.

She could see Duke just standing in the doorway, his eyes scanning her from head to toe as she only had a towel wrapped around her body. Her locs were long all the way down to her butt, with the ends of her hair curly. She styled her hair into a middle part, deciding to just keep it simple for the day before tonight.

"Can we talk first, Kali?"

Duke questioned, leaning against the doorway now with his arms crossed. Kaliyah just leaned up off the counter, blinking her eyes a few times before becoming satisfied with the way her lashes looked.

"Talk about what?"

She muttered, tossing the mascara into her makeup bag. She already knew what Duke wanted to talk about, and she really wasn't in the mood for it at all. He had broken her heart way to many times for her to believe anything that ever came out of his mouth.

"Why'd you let me sleep over?"

He questioned, raising his eyebrows up a bit.

"Because you were drunk, and crying like a puppy all night."

She pointed. She could hear him chuckling slightly behind her, causing for her to roll her eyes.

"Mannn I wasn't crying, Kaliyah. Stop playing with me."

"Yes you were Duke."

She began cleaning up the counter, putting up all her makeup and skincare products. He stayed quiet for a bit, watching her as she closed all the cabinets before walking right past him out the bathroom.

"You should probably head out Duke. I got things to do."

She pointed, making way to her closet now. Duke just followed behind her, gently grabbing onto her arm and pulling her back.

"Hold on Kali, I'm just tryna get a word in with you."

He cooed, making her face him. Kaliyah quickly slipped out of his grip before stepping back a few.

"Look Duke, I don't really wanna hear what you have to say right now. You and I are over-"

"Over? We never discussed being over, Kaliyah. You said that you needed some time to think about us, remember that?"

He cut her off. Kaliyah just paused for a second, looking up at him and seeing how serious his face was. She couldn't deny that he was an extremely handsome man. His locs were short as they hung in his face a little bit. He was shirtless with tattoos crawling up his chiseled arms and chest. She could feel those old feelings that she always had for him just brewing somewhere deep inside her.

But was it love though?

"I know... I just... still need more time."

She stammered out. She watched him as he studied her face for a few seconds, licking his lips slightly.

"Why do you even wanna get back together with me anyway? I mean, you don't even know how to be faithful, let alone how to be a good and decent boyfriend. You've cheated on me constantly for 3 whole years, Duke."

She added in.

"Kali look, I know all that. That's why I'm out here trying to be a better man for you. I haven't talked or looked at any other female these past few weeks. I've actually been celibate recently-"

"Celibate? Oh please..."

She chuckled, not believing him while shaking her head. He just sucked his teeth, grabbing onto her arm again.

"This shit ain't funny Kali. I haven't fucked any bitches at all out of respect for you. I'm tryna practice having self control like you said-"

She just slipped her arm right out of his grip again before making her way to the closet.

"You really should be practicing self control for yourself, and not for me."

She muttered.

"Naw Kali, I'm doing this shit for you. You the only girl I've ever been in love with. None of these other girls mean shit to me. I promise I've been working on becoming a changed man."

He insisted, following her like a puppy into the closet. Kaliyah just paused for a second, eyeing the rack of clothes that hung right in front of her. She was mentally deciding on what she wanted to wear today.

"Duke.. I've heard it all before."

She mumbled, grabbing a random skims black short sleeve top with matching bottoms. She swiftly moved past him again, heading out the closet and straight to her dresser. He just rolled his eyes, watching her as she opened up the drawer and pulled out a pair of panties.

He remained quiet, continuing to watch as she just dropped her towel, revealing her naked body before slipping into her panties. She didn't really care that he was standing right there. It's not like this wasn't anything he hadn't seen before. She knew she was lowkey teasing him though since he was real quiet, just eyeing her.

She proceeded to ignore him, putting on her clothes now before picking up the towel. Duke just licked his lips slowly, trying his best to contain himself.

"Kaliyah, I know you probably don't believe a single word that I'm saying to you, but I promise you I'm gonna change your mind about us."

He finally spoke. She shuffled into the bathroom, tossing her towel in the hamper before meeting him back in her room.

"Ok. Whatever you say, Duke."

She simply shrugged.

"Just promise me you'll keep thinking about me, about us?"

He went on, making his way toward her. She just stood there, avoiding eye contact with him as he gently reached for her hand. He pulled her much closer to him, using his other hand to lift her head up with her chin. They made eye contact, Kaliyah feeling her heart rate picking up as he just gazed at her.

"I miss us Kali. I miss what we had. I took all that shit for granted, but I'm gonna fix it."

He spoke softly.

"... I miss us too."

She muttered.

It was true though. Kaliyah did miss what she had with Duke. In the beginning of their relationship, everything just seemed to be so perfect.... until it wasn't.

To her surprise, Duke just leaned in pulling her face close before pressing his lips onto hers. She just hesitated a bit, not really sure if she even wanted to be kissing him right now. They hadn't kissed in a while, but she could slowly feel herself falling for it as she began to move her lips with his.

She closed her eyes, twisting her head slightly as he snaked his arm around her waist. She was trying to see if she felt any sparks as they spent the next few seconds kissing on each other.

"Mmhmm..."

Duke groaned, feeling himself quickly getting turned on by her soft lips. She could feel him attempting to press himself against her, his hard dick practically pushing up on her leg.

"Ok stop-"

She mumbled, trying to pull away. He refused to let her go though as he just gripped his arm around her tightly.

"Duke please- just stop."

Kaliyah gasped, pulling her head away from him now. She used both of her hands to push him off her, an irritated looked just plastering on his face as he glared right back at her. Her heart was racing rapidly as his face turned into a full blown mug.

"Fuck this.."

He grumbled, rolling his eyes. She just stood there, slightly shocked by his actions as she watched him grab his t-shirt from the bed. He pushed right past her, making sure to use his whole shoulder to shove her out the way before exiting the room.

Chicago IL 📍
May 11th, Saturday
2pm

"So let me get this straight.. you were at the studio until 4am? I thought your session only lasted 3 hours?"

Dayvon sat on the couch in his high rise hotel suite, with an annoyed expression on his face. Him and his entire team had just landed in Chicago a couple hours ago. Tonight was the night for his last and final show from his sold out tour, which he was extremely excited about. As much as Von enjoyed touring, he was just happy to finally get a little break from it once all this was over.

He leaned forward, his eyes planted on his phone as he kept aimlessly scrolling through instagram in an attempt to tune Asian out. She had been arguing with him since this morning about his whereabouts last night.

"The studio session ran late. You kno' how that shit go Asian."

He spoke in a monotone, his eyes still focused on his phone. Asian just stood over him, her hands planted firmly onto her hips as she glared at him like crazy.

"Don't fucking give me that stupid ass excuse. I just know you were cheating, once again!"

She snapped. He just chuckled a little.

"If you just know I was cheatin, then why tha hell you still wit me huh? Ain't nobody keepin you hea' Asian. You free ta go for real."

He muttered, meaning every single word. He truly wasn't sure why he even kept going through this with her, if all they ever did in their relationship was argue and be toxic toward each other.

Asian could feel her eye begin to twitch from his words, not really liking his response to her at all. Without even thinking, she found herself reaching for his phone and snatching it roughly, before swinging it clean across the hotel room.

Dayvon just paused, hearing as his phone smashed up against the wall basically cracking into pieces.

Asian could see the look on his face which instantly caused her to feel nothing but complete and total regret. His jaw locked slowly, just as he closed his eyes attempting to calm himself down. He could feel the blood pumping through his veins just before he stood up abruptly, grabbing onto her arm.

"Von, I'm sorry-"

"On my soul Asian you got 5 seconds ta get tha fuck outta my face befo' I do sum to yo ass that'll put me under tha jail."

He said through gritted teeth.

"But Von-"

She just continued to gasp as he roughly pulled her out the living room, practically forcing her down the hall towards the door.

"Are you kicking me out right now?"

She questioned in shock.

Two of Von's body guards, Big Folks and Don, ended up meeting Von at the end of the hall. Their faces were just filled with confusion as they could see Von pulling Asian towards the front door.

"Mann sombody betta' get this crazy ass bitch up outta my fuckin room for I kill ha."

They could hear him yell. Big Folks hopped up quickly, taking Asian by the arm as Von just let her go.

"Von?! Baby please look, I'm so sorry for breaking your phone-"

Dayvon didn't even bother listening to her anymore as he just turned around, heading back toward the living room. By then, both Big Folks and Don were able to get Asian out the room before shutting the door on her. She could be heard screaming and cursing in the hallway, banging on the door loudly which prompted for the hotel security to come and get her.

Von just angrily made his way back to where his phone was thrown on the floor. He could instantly see it being smashed to pieces as the screen was completely cracked with glass everywhere.

He sucked his teeth, pulling out his other phone which he only used for strictly business. He glanced at the time, noticing that it was only 2pm. His show was in a few hours, so he was trying to see if he had enough time to just stop by the mall and pick up a new phone before heading to the arena for sound check.

He was rapidly becoming real tired of the same cycle between him and Asian; and these feelings weren't anything new to him at all. He had always felt this way. He knew that if he continued keeping her around, it was only going to get worse. Dayvon was simply just trying to be on his best behavior, especially since he wasn't trying to go back to jail.

He had done a good job with staying out of trouble these past few years; but with Asian provoking him constantly he just knew his good track record could quickly come to an end. Asian was obviously the aggressor whenever it came to them arguing, but Von knew exactly what he was capable of, and he wasn't trying to do anything stupid because of her.

Letting out a deep sigh, he just picked up his broken phone before tossing it into the trash. He grabbed his car keys off the counter, making his way toward the door.

"Is she gone?"

He questioned, just as both of his bodyguards nodded their heads.

"Hotel security ended up escorting her out the building. It's prolly best if you leave through the back though, since she might still be outside."

Big Folks pointed.

"Bet."

Chicago IL 📍
May 11th, Saturday
3:30pm

"So hold up, you let that nigga kiss you?!?!"

Leilani said with wide eyes.

Kaliyah, Leilani and Shay were all currently at the mall just as they planned to do some shopping for tonight. They were right now sitting at the food court, all their shopping bags placed at the their feet while they took a quick food break.

"Well yeah... we kissed or whatever. But it started getting weird after like 2 seconds into the kiss."

Kali muttered, making a face. She was in the middle of filling the girls in on her strange interaction with Duke from earlier today. Kaliyah just picked up a french fry before popping it into her mouth.

"Weird like how?"

Shay questioned.

"Ohhh you know, he was trying to feel up on me and I wasn't going for it. When I told him to stop, his stupid ass ain't wanna listen to me."

"Girl what????"

Leilani said with disgust.

"Mmhmm..."

Kaliyah hummed. She picked up yet another fry, this time dipping it in ranch before popping it into her mouth.

"Yeah ummm, I don't like the sound of that Kali. You need to not invite him over to the house again. That nigga thinks he still has access to yo pussy or something."

Shay pointed.

"Hell no! I stopped fucking him the day we broke up. I don't share dick with the community."

Kaliyah snickered. The girls all just laughed in unison at her statement.

"And then-"

Kali added in, trying to get her words out in between the laughter.

"Duke tried to say that he's been celibate for me... can you believe that bullshit?!"

She cackled.

"Celibate?! Oh his ass is straight lying. Ain't no way!"

Leilani cracked up.

"Bitch that nigga seriously can't go a day without fucking."

Kali went on.

"I wouldn't even be surprised if he was fuckin' on some bitch right now as we speak!"

"Girl he prolly is with his horny ass."

Shay snickered.

They continued to laugh and make jokes about Duke before it finally died down. By then, the girls were finished with their food, tossing everything out into the trash.

"Ok, we just gotta check one more store before we head out."

Shay insisted, just as they all grabbed their shopping bags. They began walking as a group out of the food court, strolling through the huge mall once again.

"Girllll tonight is going to be crazy. It's gonne be hella rich niggas at the strip club."

Leilani smirked, doing a little dance.

"Well these rich niggas better pay my bills for real."

Kaliyah muttered.

"Do we even know who's gonna be in King Von's section tonight? Did he make any special request?"

Shay questioned.

"Girl, I don't even think he's ever been to this club before. You think he'll even remember us from high school?"

Leilani said.

"Oouuuu I hope he do. He is so fine to me now."

"Ew.. you seriously think so?"

Kaliyah made a face. Both Leilani and Shay just stopped in their tracks, staring at Kali as if she had 3 heads.

"Bitch, are you blind?!"

Leilani pointed, raising her eyebrows up.

"Oh she must be blind for real cus' ain't no way! When's the last time you actually saw Dayvon?"

Shay curiously spoke.

"Well... like years ago maybe.. 2009 or something like that?- Why are y'all being so dramatic?"

Kaliyah chuckled.

"Unt unt... lemme pull up a picture for you."

Shay began just as she pulled out her phone.

"Bitch, you must of been living under a rock all these years because that boy seriously glo'd up."

Kaliyah just frowned, curious now to see exactly what they were talking about. For some reason, every time she thought about Dayvon, she kept picturing the way he looked the night that they kissed for new years; which by the way Leilani and Shay had no idea about.

"I remember him looking tall and skinny, with a big peanut forehead-"

Kaliyah went on, but was cut off by Shay who lifted up her phone to show a picture of Von from his instagram.

"Oh wow..."

Kali muttered, examining his face a bit. She could see the maturity in his facial features, as well as the muscle he had grown in his arms. He definitely did not look like what she lastly remembered from back then.

"His face dangerous as hell to look at. He could tell me to do anything for him and I'd do it for real."

Leilani smirked.

"Well to bad your brother said that he's off limits to you."

Shay snickered, causing Leilani to just roll her eyes. Taurus had this rule with Leilani that she wasn't allowed to mess with any of his friends at all, period.

"Yeah... Taurus would kill me. I mean, you could have him Shay."

Leilani pointed.

"Whoa hold up, aren't Asian and Von dating? Or at least, that's what I last remember hearing."

Kaliyah questioned, just as the girls started walking again.

"Girl you don't talk to your cousin these days?"

Shay raised her eyebrows up. Kaliyah just shook her head no.

"Nope. We aren't as close like we used to be anymore."

She shrugged.

"Well... according to the shaderoom Asian and Von be fighting. There's a bunch of cheating rumors about him going around or something like that."

"Go figure..."

Kaliyah rolled her eyes, not really surprised by that news. Having this conversation just made her think about Asian. She wondered how Asian might be doing right now, and was hoping that she was good. Kaliyah knew all too well what it felt like to get cheated on, which only made her feel bad that Asian seemed to be going through the same exact thing.

The girls continued walking through the mall, finally approaching Neiman Marcus.

"I just need to get these Chanel heels I saw on their website. I promise we'll be quick."

Shay said with excitement as she skipped her way into the store. The girls just chuckled, following right behind her. The store seemed to be pretty packed for some reason, which caused Kaliyah to frown at the amount of people that were in here.

"Is there a sale going on?"

She mumbled, just as they all attempted to make their way through. It seemed like there was some sort of commotion going on the further they walked inside.

"Can I please get a picture with you!!?!"

One girl could be heard yelling from across the room.

"I'm literally your biggest fan!!!!"

Another girl hollered.

There seemed to be a lot of women just flocking to one specific area of the store which was apparently being blocked off by security.

"Oop. Somebody famous must be over there."

Leilani said.

"Okay guys let's just focus. Help me find my shoe size so we can get out of here."

Shay said, motioning for the girls to follow her toward the shoe section. They ended up doing just that as they approached a huge rack filled with shoes. Kaliyah placed her shopping bags down neatly, just as she could hear the commotion seemingly getting louder then before.

"Aye look, Ima need everybody to get back so we can leave!"

An unfamiliar male voice yelled. He looked like he was some sort of bodyguard as he attempted to move the crowd of girls out of the way. Kaliyah just couldn't stop looking as she instantly caught a glimpse of those familiar looking brown eyes.

"No way..."

Shay muttered, just as all 3 of the girls began to stare.

King Von just emerged from the crowd, a huge grin on his face as he was greeting his fans. The diamonds in his teeth shined perfectly as he nodded his head at everyone. Kaliyah just couldn't believe it.

He definitely didn't look like the old Von she remembered for sure. This man was extremely fine.

He had grown so much taller since the last time she saw him. His locs were much longer as well, practically touching his shoulders. He had blonde streaks in a few of his locs which she didn't ever remember him having in the past. He was completely tatted up from his neck down to his arms. He had a plethora of expensive jewelry just decked out all over him; from his chains, to his watch, down to the huge rings on his fingers.

"Aye, yall folks goin crazy huh."

He laughed, just as he had his phone out recording the chaos. He was being followed by a huge posse of other men around him, which Kaliyah had no idea who they were. She hadn't even realized how close they were coming now as Von and his team were about to walk right by them.

By then, Dayvon's eyes just connected with Kaliyah's, his facial expression slowly turning curious as he squinted at her a bit. It seemed like everything around them suddenly came to a stop, with only the two of them just staring deeply into each others eyes.

Kaliyah couldn't help but get those same flashbacks of when she had kissed him that night on new year's eve. She could slowly remember the sparks she felt in that moment. She never realized how much she developed a tiny microscopic crush on him, even though she knew she had to push those feelings away out of respect for Asian.

They just continued to eye each other as Von was being escorted by his bodyguards out the store. By then, he ended up looking away, focusing back onto where he was going as he slowly disappeared out of view.

"Ooooouuuuu..."

Both Leilani and Shay said in unison, causing Kaliyah to come straight back to reality.

"What?"

She blurted out, her face quickly becoming hot.

"Bitch, we saw the way y'all two was looking at each other! What the fuck was that, Kaliyah??"

Shay shouted, playfully hitting Kali's shoulder. Kaliyah just turned her focus to her best friends, watching as they stood there with sly smirks on their faces.

"I... I have no idea what you guys are talking about."

She quickly spoke, shaking her head.

"Unt unt! The way y'all was looking at each other seemed like something serious. Did y'all secretly fuck with each other or sum?"

Leilani teased, wiggling her eyebrows up and down.

"Um why would I fuck with him? He has a girlfriend who just so happens to be my cousin-"

"Aht aht! Your cousin who seems to be a bitch to you for some weird reason."

Leilani cut in, correcting her.

"And as far as I'm concerned, Asian and Von are barely even a couple these days. So it really don't count."

Leilani went on. Kaliyah just scrunched her face up, not even believing what she was hearing right now.

"Ok, y'all are crazy. Let's just drop this whole King Von conversation and focus on getting these Chanel shoes."

She pointed, attempting to just change the subject. Both Leilani and Shay continued to give her smirks before turning their focus towards the shoe rack. Kaliyah just playfully rolled her eyes, attempting to just disregard that little moment she had with Dayvon.

I mean yeah he's cute and all... but that's it! There is absolutely nothing more to it!

She thought quietly to herself.

Chicago IL 📍
Saturday, May 11th
9pm

"I jus wanna say I appreciate everybody who came out to show a nigga sum love tonight."

Staring out at the huge crowd in front of him, Dayvon just had a grin on his face as he slightly paused for a second with the mic in his hand. He had just got done performing at his final show for his tour tonight. The concert lasted about 2 hours, with him performing all of his most popular songs. Durk, Herb, Booka, and a bunch of other people from his team were all with him on the stage.

"Shoutout ta all my fans fo' real. Y'all some real ones on king david."

He chuckled, causing the crowd to go wild.

"But look, Ima be droppin my album soon, been workin hard as shit on it these last few months, so y'all just gotta stay tuned.. oh and FUCK 63rddddd!!!!"

"Fuck 63rddddd!!!!!!"

The crowd shouted back, just as Von and everyone on stage began to laugh. He waved at the crowd one more time before being escorted off stage by his security. He could feel the rush from tonight just zooming through his body, slightly feeling exhausted from all the performing that he did. He followed his bodyguards all the way back into his dressing room, Durk and them all following behind him.

They all came piling into the huge room, Von quickly grabbing an ice cold water bottle to cool himself down.

"I ca' still hear they asses screaming that they not from 63rd."

Booka pointed, laughing.

"On foe nem Von ass started a movement on hatin' 63rd."

Durk chuckled.

"It ain't no movement. They jus be dirty ova' there on 63rd. I'm jus' lettin' folks know what be goin' on ova there."

He teased.

Dayvon just took a seat on the couch, trying to just take a quick break from all the standing he was doing. He slipped his phone out, noticing the amount of text messages he had received... especially messages from Asian. Von could slightly feel his mood change again as he didn't even bother to read anything she had to say.

He just placed all of her notifications on mute.

"Duke just hit my phone, nigga said he pullin up to the strip club in a few."

Durk announced.

"Is he bringin' that exotic shit he be sellin? Cus Im tryna be higher denna stripper bitch on the pole tonight."

Herb joked, causing everyone to laugh. Dayvon just leaned back in his seat, placing his phone on his lap now before taking a few sips of his water.

"What Duke be on these days? I ain't speak ta his ass inna minute. He still sellin dope?"

Booka questioned.

"Hell yeah. He been sellin for a while now. That nigga gotta be the riches nigga in town. He even got tha finest bitch too I heard."

Durk grinned, rubbing his hands together.

"You must be talkin' bout Kaliyah huh. I remember ha ass, she fine as fuck."

Herb pointed.

"Kaliyah?...."

Dayvon repeated, that name sort of sounding familiar to him.

"You prolly don't remember ha. She ain't go to Hyde Park like we did back in high school. Plus her ass was much younger then us anyway."

Herb explained.

"Don't she be hangin' out wit Taurus fine ass sister, Leilani I think?"

Durk said.

None of this was clicking for Dayvon though since he never really paid attention to those things. He just shrugged, not really remembering who Kaliyah or Leilani were at all.

"Hea, lemme pull up ha instagram."

Herb began, taking his phone out. Dayvon just sat up on the couch, glancing at the time. It was nearing close to 10pm now. He was thinking about sliding back to the hotel first so he could shower and change his clothes before going to the strip club-

"This Kaliyah."

Herb spoke, interrupting his thoughts. He just showed Von the screen of his phone with a picture of Kali from her instagram page.

All the guys just began to crowd around, staring at the photo.

Dayvon could instantly feel it clicking for him as he now remembered who she was. He kept getting flashbacks of the night they had actually kissed a couple years ago for new year's eve. Of course the kiss was a secret since he had never told any of his guys about it. He just remembered how innocent the kiss was, and how innocent Kaliyah was to.

Clearly she wasn't so innocent now though. Dayvon just kept eyeing the photo, shocked at how grown she looked. She was still beautiful, just like he remembered her to be. Even her locs got super long, way longer then his own which he was slightly jealous about.

"Damn.."

He whispered, not even realizing that he was talking out loud.

"Yupp. She a dancer I heard. She works at some strip club somewhere downtown."

Herb explained.

"How tha fuck you know so much about Kaliyah gang? You be stalkin her ass a'sum?"

Von snickered, making a face. All the guys just laughed as Herb quickly snatched his phone back.

"I'm not no damn stalker. I still keep in touch with Duke n shit, that's how I know so much goofy."

He explained himself, waving them off.

Dayvon just nodded, leaning back in his seat once again. He never imagined Kaliyah ever being a stripper. He now wondered which club she even worked at. His mind was just running wild, curious to know more about her. He couldn't believe that he had in fact saw her earlier at the mall today, but didn't even recognize her until just now.

"But anyways, we out to the club or what? Cus I'm tryna see some ass tonight."

Durk clapped his hands ready to go.

"Yeah fasho. We just gotta stop by the hotel first. I'm gotta change out these clothes."

Dayvon said, getting up from the couch. They all began to gather up their things before following security right out of the dressing room.

______________________
So... when do y'all want the next chapter 😉?

I will say that I do feel bad for Asian these last few chapters.. BUT trust me ain't nobody innocent in this story, okay? 🤣 Y'all will find out soon....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

565K 22K 69
Dayvon would kill for Normani without hesitation; but what'll happen when his dangerous lifestyle gets in between their love? THIS IS A TRILOGY! BOOK...
156K 4.4K 33
Her mom left her and her sister to live her best life. India is 19 years old and trying to take care of her 3 year old sister Skylar with the help of...
510K 25.5K 99
This is a sequel to 'crazy story ' After a crazy roller coaster ride last year , Kennedy attempts to cope with being without someone she fell in lov...
43.9K 2.4K 20
Dayvon and Normani's love story continues in this FINAL BOOK: "𝔱𝔦𝔩𝔩 𝔡𝔢𝔞𝔱𝔥 𝔡𝔬 𝔲𝔰 𝔭𝔞𝔯𝔱" THIS SERIES IS A TRILOGY. BE SURE TO ADD BOOK...