Create A Surreptitious Move

By signedbyleah

Blaine Sousa: A man who doesn't care about others opinions. Cassandra Harper: A woman who cares a little too... More

Characters
Prologue
01 || A bad feeling
02 || The great escape
03 || The locks
04 || A deal with the devil
05 || It's nice to have a friend
06 || Can I ask you a question?
07 || Traning
08 || Negotiation
09 || An unexpected visit
10 || Did you miss me?
11|| The cover
12 || Just this once
13 || Pool party
14 || Eventful
15 || Bad reputation
16 || Grief
17 || The dress
18 || The Ball
19 || The Kashmir Sapphire
20 || Decode
21 || Game over
22 || I believe him
23 || Bundle of Sunshine
24 || Obsession
25 || Pages turned
26 || Goodnight
27 || Whisper
28 || Invisible string
29 || Self love
30 || Suprise
31 || Ironic
32 || You're something compatible
33 || My love
34 || Mine
35 || At my mercy
36|| Code 37
37 || Wake up
38 || Romeo and Juliet
39 || Best
ANNOUNCEMENT
41 || Ready to go?
42 || New friends
43 || Loyal to me
44 || Jump then fall
45 || Safety
46 || Loyalties lie
47 || The best gift
48 || Amore mio
49 || Forever & Always
Epilogue || Wildest Dreams

40 || The little things

73 6 8
By signedbyleah

I'm finally alowed to leave this stupid hospital room that isn't even technically a hospital room because it's in Blaine's house. Granted, it is a lot bigger and much better than an acctual hospital room and smells like flowers as opposed to chemicals. I've only been in here a couple of days but I was bored out of my freaking mind and the heart monitor would not let me get much rest.

"Do you want me to carry you?" Blaine asks as we walk side by side out of the room.

"I'm good."

"Are you sure?" He asks.

"Yeah." I reply.

He takes my hand in his. Oh, how I love the feel of his hand in mine.

We walk through the hall and into the open living room that leads outside.

There's a gatherering of people which I find strange.

When I see their watchful eyes on me I get self-conscious of all my scars and bruises. My hair is a mess, I'm wearing unflattering clothing. I look like a total wreck.

Blaine gives my hand a gentle squeeze to let me know that he's there and that everything will be ok.

I look down at the floor as we continue walking towards the people that hate me for breaking their trust. I can't bare to look any of them in the eyes.

"Cassie." Beatrice says and I feel it's only right to look at her when she's talking to me. "We all wanted to thank you."

My eyebrows furrow. "Thank me?"

"We all thought Nathan was our friend, our ally." August states.

"You risked your life to help us." Rose adds.

"And we'll forever be grateful." Rose's girlfriend, Abigail says.

"But I-" I try.

"It doesn't matter what you did." Vincent says and my attention goes to him, he's sat with his arms crossed on the arm of one of the sofas. "It matters that you were there for us, you always are. So we're here for you, whatever you need."

I nod in reply, finally taking it all in. "Thank you." I tell them.

"How about some ice for that lip?" Francisco says.

"That would be nice." I reply with a small smile.

"I'm going to take her upstairs to lay down, she shouldn't be doing too much today." Blaine says.

Blaine and I go upstairs to his room after he tells Francisco to bring the ice along when he gets it.

When I lay in Blaine's massive bed it feels like a cloud, it's so soft I physically sink into it. "Ok, don't get me wrong, the other bed is better than one you would generally find in an hospital but this is by far the most comfortable bed to ever exist."

Frinkles and Whisper (who were already in the room when we came in) jump onto the bed to greet me. The two of them curl up beside me, careful not to touch anywhere on me that's badly hurt.

Blaine lays on the other side of the bed and easily pulls my full body back towards him, including the cats in my arms. He wraps an arm around me and buries his head in my neck from behind before leaving a small kiss in the crook.

A second later there's a knock on the bedroom door. Blaine huffs and although I can't see it, I just know he's rolling his eyes right now. He gets up from the bed and opens the door.

"I brought the ice pack." Francisco says, stood at the other side of the door.

"Thanks." I shout over to him and Blaine shuts the door.

Blaine hands me the ice pack and lays back down. He wraps his arms around me and just as he gets comfortable there's another knock on the door.

"Come on." He mumbles just loud enough for me to hear as he gets back up.

He opens the door and this time Vanessa is there. "How's Cassie?" She asks.

"Not too bad." He replies. "She could use some alone time....alone with me time."

"She asked me to get her this so will you give it to her?"

"Sì." (Yes)

Vanessa goes and he walks back to the bed, handing me the book that Vanessa gave to him.

I message a thanks to Vanessa for picking up the book that I ordered online as it's one I've been wanting to read for a while.

After heavily examining and admiring the book I put it on the side table for later.

Blaine gets back into bed for the third time.

"I love you." He says.

"I love y-" I get cut off by another knock on the door.

"Vaffanculo." (Fuck off) Blaine shouts. I don't know what it is he said but it makes the person knock again.

Blaine, yet again gets out of bed and marches over to the door. He opens the door. "I brought ice cream for Cassie." Vincent says, holding a big tub of ice cream. He gives it to Blaine, who then promptly shuts the door in his face.

"Thank you." I shout to Vincent through the closed door.

"You're welcome. Just don't let grumpy pants have any-" Vincent says and Blaine swings the door back open. As soon as he does Vincent takes off running as far away and as quickly as humanly possible.

Blaine shuts the door yet again and comes back over to the bed. He hands me the tub of ice cream and I sit up to eat it.

♡♡♡

Blaine's POV:

I'm shocked awake as I hear Cassie scream. I frantically look around the darkness of the room, searching for her before my eyes land on her asleep next to me.

I relax slightly at the sight of her tucked into bed safely.

For a second I think I've imagined it so I lay back down and shut my eyes. I put my arm back around her so that I know she's safe.

"Please, no." I hear her mumble and so I sit back up.

"Cassie?"

Her breathing quickens and when she starts to sob, I shake her to try and wake her up.

She's having a nightmare.

"Cassie, wake up."

"Stop." She says, still asleep.

"Cassandra." I say shaking her more.

She jolts awake, instinctively pushing me back from her. I could stop her but I don't, she's frightened I don't want to spook her more by moving any closer unless she lets me.

I put my hand on top of hers that's rested on my chest, keeping me at arms length away. It's the only way I can currently comfort her.

"It's me, it's Blaine." I say as she heavily pants with tears streaming down her face.

She takes a second and gives me a real look over. "Blaine." She says shakily. She puts her arm that's keeping me away down when she realises that it's only me and that she's not in any danger.

I wrap her in my arms and rest one of my hands on the back of her head.

"You're safe." I whisper to her. "I've got you."

"I'm sorry if I woke you." She says, her head buried in my shoulder.

"Don't worry about that I don't care." I tell her. "Are you alright?" I ask and I feel her shake her head against me. "Do you want to talk about it?"

"I had a nightmare." She says. "It was- it was of him. He took me again and I was so scared of what he was going to do."

"It was just a nightmare baby. He's never going to hurt you ever again."

She pulls her head away from my shoulder. "I'm just so scared all of the time. I tried to fight back when he took me, I almost got away but he was going to kill Vincent and I couldn't leave him." She tells me and more tears flow down her cheeks.

I nod in understanding.

"I know Vincent means a lot to you and I know first hand the things you do for the people you love so I'm not going to sit here and tell you off for not leaving him because I know he wouldn't have willingly left you either and neither would I." I place my thumb under her eye and wipe away some of the tears. "Don't blame yourself for what happened, Cass. You didn't really have opportunity to leave. If you'd have left, I have no doubt that Vincent would be dead right now and you could be too. Your safety comes above everything else but I know you wouldn't have been able to live with yourself knowing you could've saved him."

"I hate him so much." She sobs.

"I know baby, I know." I say pulling her in once again. "I wish that there was something I could do to make this all go away."

"You being here is enough." She says.

"I've never loved anyone even half as much as I love you Cassie." I say. "You're so brave and unbelievably kind even after everything you've been through. You're the good in the world and I find myself wanting to be better for you, to be deserving of you."

"Blaine you're literally perfect." She says, pulling her head up to look me in my eyes. "You don't need to change for me, I love you."

"And I love you." I reply. "It may be corny of me to say but we'll get through this together. I'll be here through all the nightmares, all the bad thoughts, all of your worries as long as you let me. You can hide from the world but you can't hide from me."

She nods. "I'm scared to go back to sleep." She admits.

"Ok well we can stay awake for now if you want?" I offer.

"Yeah."

"Why don't you read the book that Vanessa got you for a bit?" I say, switching on the side light so she can see better.

Cassie wipes her eyes and grabs the book from the top. She lays back down and silently starts reading and I just watch.

"What are you doing?" She asks, her eyes flicking from the book to me.

"Is it a crime to watch my beautiful girlfriend read?"

"I guess not." She mumbles and continues reading. Her eyes flick up to mine every so often to see if I really am just watching her read.

I notice when she's falling back asleep. Her eyes scanning the page slow and her eyes slowly shut. I grab the book just as it's about to fall to the floor.

I hold the book open on the page. Now what am I meant to do? She doesn't have a bookmark in here.

I look around the room for something to use as a makeshift bookmark. I get up and grab my expensive gold chain necklace and use it to separate the pages. It does the trick.

I place the book on her side table so she knows where it is tomorrow.

I get into my side of the bed and pull the covers over both of us. I make sure she's tucked in before switching of the light. I cautiously wrap my arms around her from behind and draw soothing shapes on her arm.

I'm really worried about her. She doesn't deserve any of this shit.

I lay awake for a while and when I do finally fall asleep I make sure she's close so that if she has another nightmare I'm right there with her.

♡♡♡

Cassie's POV:

I wake up and my head is pounding. When I try and get up I realise Blaine is holding onto me as he sleeps. He's normally hugging me or close to me in one way or another but this time his grip is tighter, like he's afraid to let go.

"Where are you going?" He mumbles with his eyes closed as he's still half asleep.

"To get some medicine."

"Why?" He asks with his eyes still shut.

"My head hurts."

"Come back after." He says letting go.

I take some medicine in the bathroom and go back to lay on the bed with Blaine.

Blaine wraps his arms around me and the corners of his mouth curve up into a smile. His tired eyes slowly open. "You came back." He says, his voice laced with sleep.

"Always."

"You know, I've been thinking and I think that we should go away on vacation. Get our minds off everything for a bit. What do you say?" He asks.

"I'd like that."

"If you could chose anywhere where would you go?" He asks.

"Spain." I immediately say, followed by a snicker. Definitely not.

"That's not funny." Blaine says with a slight chuckle.

"I guess I've got to cross that one off my list." I say. "I've always wanted to go to Las Vegas."

"Las Vegas it is. Pack your bags, I've got to make a call." He says, getting up from the bed.

"Woah there, you can't just say that and then walk away." I state. "What do you mean pack your bags?"

"I mean pack your bags because we're leaving tomorrow." He clarifies.

"Tomorrow?"

"Yes. You have a headache today so we'll go tomorrow."

"But I'm not fully healed, what if something happens? What if I get an infection or someth-"

"We'll bring Reyna and the others along if you want." He says.

"Who are 'the others'?" I ask.

"Vanessa, Francisco....Vincent."

"And Frinkles and Whisper?"

He rolls his eyes before answering "Pack your bags." I take that as a yes. He then leaves to talk on the phone.

I go into my old bedroom where my two cats currently are. I take my book in the room to pack.

"Looks like were going on a trip to Vegas." I tell them.

It's so strange that this is my life now. Last minute trip to Las Vegas? Totally normal.

My eyes catch onto something shiny in my book and I open the page to see what it is.

Blaine saved my page for me. He obviously couldn't find a bookmark so he used his golden chain as a placeholder.

Is this real gold? Who am I kidding, it's Blaine of course it's real gold.

The fact that he saved my page fills my heart. To anyone else that may seem meaningless but that makes it even more meaningful to me because he knows me and he knew that I would appreciate it.

It's the little things.

I'm so in love with this man.

♡♡♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

577K 13.1K 32
When Rebecca moves back to her hometown for a friend's wedding, unfortunate circumstances put her near her ex-boyfriend, who left her completely brok...
12.4K 310 6
"Your eyes are so beautiful, mia cara. I'll like you to keep them open as I take what's mine."- Zaviero De Santis, The Sinner. *** Zaviero They call...
3.5K 129 41
"Tell me to stop." He pants heavily resting his forehead on mine. "Don't." I say back just as out of breath. Then he presses his lips harder agains...
555K 23.3K 44
"Choose. Her or the club." Briac demanded thrusting the gun in my hand as I looked back at her. The Riders are my family but she is the love of my li...