Scales In The Ruined

By DanielleDoustAllen

Twins. The oldest, a warlock. The youngest, a shadowhunter. Both were raised in lives the other could not fol... More

-Season One-
When Two Became One
Birthday Wishes
The Shift in the Shadows
No Worse Ways To Be Introduced
Not Your Secret To Share
When One Becomes Two
Late Night Bonding
Portal Shards & Cheesecakes
Fucking...werewolves
Double Potions
Shadow's Of The Past Shrouds Us
Small Trinkets of Time
Two Never Becomes Three

Mission Impossible

2.3K 79 36
By DanielleDoustAllen

Clary went up to Kassidy's bedroom door, fist raised to knock but it did not make contact. It was like her whole body froze. Everything in her mind screamed at her not to tell Kas that they had a brother. That while they should have more family, Jonathan Christopher never made it past three years old. Yes, Kassidy deserved to know, just like she did, but even after only just meeting her twin it was obvious that she was incredibly loyal to her family. Hearing this would break her.

After this is over. Then I'll tell her. She thought to herself. Let me protect her for a little bit.

Getting her courage back up, Clary knocked on the door and waited. It only took a few moments before Kassidy opened it while rubbing her eyes, having just woken up from a small cat nap feeling a little more rejuvenated.

"I know where the Cup is." Was all Clary said as she took Kas' arm and pulled her out of the door frame and basically dragged her down the hall to the living room. Still trying to get the sleep fog out of her brain, the Warlock just went with it.

Coming to a stop, she could see Magnus giving Jace the sink eye as the Shadowhunter tried to ignore it the best he could. Not thinking much about it, Clary repeated what she had just said to Kazzie. "I know where the Cup is."

"Come again?" Jace blinked, not expecting the news.

"The tarot cards. My mom, she must have painted them years ago, but the Mortal Cup has to be hidden inside the Ace of Cups. The card looks exactly like it." There was a spark in Clary's eyes, Kas knew it was because she was one step closer to getting her mother back. However, seeing the looks everyone was giving to each other, the spark faded. "Wait, why aren't you guys happy about this? All we have to do is find...Dot."

"If Dot had the cards when she was taken, we don't have much time. If Valentine gets his hands on the Cup—" Jace stalked closer to the twins but stopped mid step when Magnus blocked him by stepping in front of them first.

"We know. If Valentine started creating Shadowhunters or gained control of demons, it'd be like Beyoncé riding on a dinosaur through Times Square. People would notice." He made a face.

"He's right." Kas spoke, the brain fog finally clearing. "Mundane's might be oblivious to the Shadow-world, but even they wouldn't be able to ignore the chaos."

Clary shook her head. "But he can control demons. I've seen it."

"Mmm, paying off a few demons is easy, especially since they rarely survive long enough to collect." Magnus corrected, knowing from experience.

"Still waiting on Valentine's thank-you card." Jace attempted to joke, which made Kassidy discreetly roll her eyes. She would rather tune him out after what he said to her, but sadly here he was. Talking.

"Opening the gates of hell, that's a little more tricky. Just ask your sister."

"That was one time."

They couldn't even ask what the two Bane's met, Luke walked in before the two Shadowhunters could ask. "Valentine doesn't have the cards. I do. They're in my desk back at the precinct. When Clary went missing, I went to the loft and I cleared everything out, 'cause I didn't want the Circle to track her."

"That's great." The redhead smiled, happy that they were finally getting somewhere. "This should be easy."

"Mmm, that's what General Custer said." Magnus muttered as he took a seat on the expensive plush chair.

Kazzie followed his lead and sat on the arm rest next to him. "You're name dropping again."

"Magnus is right." Luke pointed at the High Warlock, ignoring the small conversation between the two. "Valentine has spies everywhere, even in the NYPD. We have to be discreet."

"Discreet?" The redhead blinked, somewhat amused. "You look like something out of The Mummy movie." At her words, the Bane's giggled before sobering up when she gave them a questioning look.

"We'll go in the morning." He corrected her. "Werewolf healing, remember? This is nothing a couple of hours of beauty sleep can't fix."

"A Werewolf, a Warlock and two Shadowhunters walked into a police station." Kas pushed herself up, no longer sitting on the arm rest. "Sounds like the beginning of a bad joke."

"Whoa, who said you're coming?" Jace held out his hand towards the Warlock, not liking what she was implying.

Her brows popped up. "Me..." Kas didn't know if he was trying to play the 'overprotective boyfriend card' like he hadn't just been insulting her almost all day or if he just didn't want to see her. Frankly, her annoyance with the man made her not want to see him too.

The Shadowhunter just shook his head. "No, you'll just get in the way."

"But Clary won't-no offense." Kas quickly added. "She has no formal training and who knows how many Circle members could be there. You need me."

His jaw clenched. "I said, you're not coming."

"And as I said, you need me." This time she clenched her jaw, hating how he was treating her.

"Are you guys fighting again?" Clary took a tentative step forward, confused because they were fine just this morning.

"Yes."

"No."

The two glanced at each other before looking away, crossing their arms as they did so. The other three in the room gave one another looks, already knowing that the mission tomorrow was going to be a long one.

—-------

It was about an hour later, Jace, Clary, and Luke were all set up in different guest rooms. Ready to sleep it off, but Kassidy was still awake. She didn't know if it was from the cat nap or the fact her stomach was tied up in knots from the constant fights. But even with her door shut, Magnus could see the sliver of light coming from under the door.

Knocking quietly, the door shimmered green and opened not even a second later. "You should be asleep." He said, seeing his daughter hunched over her desk, book open with a pen in her hand.

"Body won't let me." She muttered, jotting something down in the margins.

"That seems to be happening a lot lately." Magnus leaned on the desk with his back facing it. When she kept quiet, he took hold of the book's cover and folded it closed.

Sighing, since she knew that there was no avoiding the conversation, Kassidy swiveled her chair to face the man. "Well, there's been a lot going on."

"Do you want to talk about it?"

She drummed the pen on the table. "Everything's changing."

His eyebrow lifted. "Everything?"

"Okay, not everything." She conceded. "Just...just Jace." Kas licked her lips in thought. "Almost three years and he's never acted like this before. At least, I don't think he has. Not to me."

"What happened?"

"He just said some pretty hurtful stuff, implied somethings-" The young Warlock huffed. "-I get he's probably still hurt that I lied to him-"

"You were keeping yourself safe." Magnus cut her off. "Our whole family safe. If Jace doesn't see that, then he's not the one for you."

"I love him." Her voice came out small.

"You're a Warlock, Sweetheart." He pushed some hair from her face. "You have all the time in the world to find the one you're meant to love forever."

"Just because I'm immortal, doesn't mean I wanna break up with him." Kas stood up in her chair, getting at what he was hinting at. "We just had a couple of fights, that's all."

"Fights are when you don't agree with your partner on something, not insult their very character."

Kassidy quit her pacing. Running her hands through her hair, her thoughts were loud as his words rang between her ears.

"Stringbean." Magnus got up to stand in front of her. "I can't tell you what to do with your relationship with the Shadowhunter." Kas looked up through her lashes, listening to what her father had to say. "But you don't deserve this treatment from him."

"I know..."

"...do you?"

Magnus had always known that Kas had struggled with attachment issues, a lasting effect of the abandonment from when she was little. She'd latch onto anyone that showed her the slightest bit of affection, never wanting people to experience what she had gone through.

However, with her giving nature, they often took more than she would be able to safely give. Emotionally draining her to the point of mental fatigue as she would not be able to keep up with the idea they had in their head that was 'Kassidy Bane'.

The High Warlock had done his best to try and protect her from those kinds of people when she was a child, having noticed the pattern early on. But now she was eighteen. An adult in the eyes of the law. He knew that he wouldn't be able to protect her as much as he used to. And that scared Magnus.

It scared him even more when Kazzie didn't answer his question. Taking in a breath, he laid a kiss on her forehead. "Tidurlah, oke? Besok hari besarmu." Get some sleep okay? You have a big day tomorrow.

Pulling her lips together, she nodded. Thinking that she wasn't going to say anything more, Magnus left the room.

"Dad?" Kassidy spun around, seeing him pause in the doorway. He'd made a noise, signaling that he was waiting for what she was going to say. "Kau tahu aku mencintaimu, kan?" You know I love you, right?

The Warlock smiled. "Tidak pernah ada keraguan." There was never any doubt.

—-------

The next morning, after everyone was well rested, Luke, Kassidy, Clary, and Jace made it to the NYPD. Ready to steal the Mortal Cup back.

"All right, cards are on my desk." Luke paused, glancing at the station before bringing it back on the others. "This shouldn't take long."

"All right." Jace went to head in, but the Werewolf held him back.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. It'll be easier to avoid unnecessary attention if I do this alone."

At his words, Kas snorted before covering it up with a cough when Clary nudged her. "We'll wait here."

Watching him walk away, Jace's voice went sour. "It sounded boring anyway."

"Guess you would've just gotten in the way." Kas mumbled as she crossed her arms, slightly amused by the situation.

"You're going to do this now?" The Shadowhunter could not believe that his girlfriend picked now to start shit.

She played dumb. "Do what now?"

"Can you two please just be civil?" Clary huffed as she hiked up her bag strap.

"Yeah, be civil Kas." Jace poked.

"Yeah, be civil Kas." Kassidy mocked him.

"What are you, a child?"

"One of us is."

"Okay." Clary pushed herself between the bickering couple. "Let's all take a breath."

"I'll take a breath when he apologizes." The Warlock eyes narrowed at the man.

"Apologizes? Me? You're the one who lied for years!"

"You said I didn't care about my sister! Who the hell says something like that?"

"Guys." Clary's attempt to get their attention again fell on deaf ears.

Kas laughed, but it was clear there was no humor behind it. "You know, maybe my Dad is right to not like you."

"Are you talking about Magnus or Valentine?" Jace said through his teeth.

"Oh, my-One minute you're playing protective boyfriend, next you're being pissy about my family. You're giving me whiplash."

This went on for a while, to the point the two blondes were talking over each other, desperate to get in the last word as Clary was forced to watch people stare at the couple, nervous about the attention because they were supposed to discreetly get the Cup and go back to the Institute.

This was not discreet.

It was only then she realized that Luke had been gone for longer than she had hope. Worried that something may have happened, Clary needed the two to focus.

"Guys!" She yelled as loud as he could.

"What!" The two snapped their heads over to Clary.

Clary, finally able to get the two to look at her, notified them of the time. "Luke's been gone a while, in case you haven't noticed.

Kas used her teeth to pick at one of her snake bites, embarrassed that her sister saw that side of her. "I'm sure he's fine."

But she simply shook her head. "I've got a bad feeling about this."

"If you're worried, we could just go in and see for ourselves." Jace shrugged, glancing around to see a few people staring at the three since the couple was not at all quiet.

"Luke told us to stay put, so that's what we're gonna do." The redhead told the blonde Shadowhunter just as her phone began to ring. "That's probably him now." She held it up.

It was at that moment, Kassidy noticed that Luke was surrounded by people escorting him to the opposite side of the building. "Yeah, I don't think that's your Werewolf."

Clary, seeing that it wasn't Luke but Simon, declines the call with a guilty look. Not used to ignoring the Mundane's calls.

"Just so I'm clear, he did mention something about trying to avoid attention, right?" Jace sassed. "From the looks of it, he's doing a terrible job."

"Circle members?" The redhead asked.

Jace squints at the officers. "No, Mundanes. Internal affairs officers."

She scrunched up her nose, confused on how he could see. "You can tell all that just by looking at them?"

"I can tell all that by reading their badges." The man pulled up his sleeve, showing a rune that covered a part of his forearm. "Better than binoculars."

"There's a spell for that." Kas leaned closer to her sister, eyes flashing green. "It's better." Clary couldn't stop the amusement that lined in hers.

Clenching his jaw a little, Jace tried to pretend he didn't hear the slight roast. "Luke had his chance."

"Yeah."

"Let's go."

"Something tells me it's not gonna be as easy as we thought."

"Kazzie!"

"Yep, coming!"

—-------

In the police station, Luke was sitting in an interrogation room at a silver table barely glancing at the photos of dead circle members Fisk was showing him.

The man leaned forwards, trying to read the Werewolf. "Look familiar?"

He simply shook his head, playing it cool. "Maybe. I'd have to ask my lawyer."

"That's the way you want it?" The Internal affairs officer scoffed. "The One lawyer, coming up. You sit tight."

Fisk went to the door, annoyance clear on his face. "You want a coffee or anything?" As he asked Luke, Kassidy, Jace, and Clary slip into the room, glamoured so only Luke could see them.

"Garroway. Coffee?" Fisk pressed, noticing that Luke wasn't paying attention to him.

He shakes his head. "No. No, I'm good."

"Suit yourself." As the man leaves, closing the door behind him, Luke takes a tissue from the box on the table.

Bringing it up to his nose, he speaks as if he's blowing into it. "Camera."

As Jace goes to the corner to unplug it, Clary walks closer to the Werewolf. "Luke, what is going on?"

Sighing, he delivers the bad news. "I think I'm about to be the prime suspect in a murder investigation."

"I knew this wasn't gonna be easy." Kas mumbled as she ran her hands through her hair, ruffling her braid a tad bit.

"What do we do?" Clary asked, knowing that the plan was changing.

"Get the cards." Luke informed the redhead. "In my desk, bottom drawer."

She nodded while blowing out a breath. "All right." Nodding her head to the exit, Jace and Kassidy went to follow her, but Luke called them back in alarm.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. You can't glamour yourselves." Seeing the confusion on their faces, he began explaining. "I'm not the only Downworlder on the force, and we don't know who's working for Valentine. If anybody spots you-"

Jace sighed, knowing where he was going with it. "We'd be leading them right to the Mortal Cup."

"General Custer." The Warlock threw her head up to the sky, shutting her eyes in exhaustion. She could at least spell herself invisible to everyone, including the people in the Shadow-world. But Shadowhunters could only be invisible to Mundane's, not Shadow-world people. Which now made their job ten times more difficult.

"Exactly. Better to assume that everybody has the Sight than gamble that they don't."

"Luke-" Clary began, not liking the idea of leaving him behind.

"I can handle myself."

"He's right. As much as I would hate to leave him in the kennel-" Kas' sarcasm made an appearance. "-we're kinda on a time limit. Come on." She placed her hand on her sister's back, leading her towards the exit just as Fisk entered once again.

"Hey, what happened to the camera?" Fisk had an accusatory tone, like it was the man's fault the video feed cut out.

Luke, somewhat smug that he had the upper hand. "I've asked the same thing for years."

—-------

Back at the Institute, Isabelle stood in the middle of the main lobby glancing over the map that was laid out on the screen in front of her. But when she saw her big brother try to silently walk past her, she was intrigued.

"Slept at Magnus' place?" She teased.

"Didn't do much sleeping." Alec said without much thought, only to realize what that must've sounded like causing him to back track. "I was helping treat Luke's wounds. That's all."

"Really?" It was clear she wanted to hear something else.

"What?"

"Nothing. I believe you." Izzy did not.

"Okay, Magnus made cocktails." He kept his face away from his sister, not wanting to see the dust of pink that made an appearance. "I'm telling you, nothing else happened."

Sighing slightly at how closed off Alec was being. She wished he opened up to her more like how he started to do with the blonde Warlock after they got close. "When you're ready to talk about whatever you need to talk about, I'm here."

"Hey, I talk to you."

"No, you talk to Kas." The face on the archer's face proved what she was saying. "You talk to me about everything but your personal life. You know, and it's kind of not fair, because I talk to you about mine all the time. For example, I broke up with Meliorn." Her hands fell to her side, not exactly happy with what she did.

"Really?" Alec was definitely surprised as he knew just how much his sister cared for the Seelie. "Turning over a new leaf?"

"He was a bit much." She puffed out some air. "Apparently, I need someone more Shadowhunter-ish."

Knowing that this change was caused because of their parents, he simply shook his head. "Izzy, I realize that you're trying to take some of the family heat, and I appreciate it, but you can't change who you are."

She scoffed. "Really? And you can?"

"I know who I am." Alec took two steps at a time up the stairs, forcing his sister to walk faster to keep up. "I'm a guy who's about to be disowned when Dad finds out that Jace and Clary are still out doing God knows what with our best friend who he still thinks is a bad influence."

"I think Dad's used to that by now. This is Jace and Kas you're talking about."

"Jace said they'd be an hour. It's been three."

"I'm sure everythings fine." Izzy then thought back on her and Kas' phone call. "Hey, speaking of Kas. Is she okay? I called her last night and she seemed...off." Alec crossed his arms over his chest, not quite sure if he should tell Izzy what happened with Kassiy since she herself didn't. But since he was quiet, Isabelle immediately knew something did in fact happen. "Something did happen, what?"

Knowing that he wasn't going to get out of this, he spoke slowly, going over the moment in his head. "She passed out."

"Angel, is she okay?"

"Yeah, she's fine now. She just overused her magic while she and Magnus were helping Luke."

"She did say she needed a nap." Izzy brows furrowed. "Has she been sleeping?"

Alec's face told her everything she needed to know.

Everyone knew that Kassidy Bane had trouble going to sleep, especially after they all met. While the Shadowhunters were ecstatic that they basically had their own personal Warlock at their disposal, it took a terribly long time to see the effects it left on her.

It was only after Magnus grounded her and basically forced her to take a break that they finally saw what was going on. After that day, the three vowed to pay more attention to her sleep schedule. It was clear that she was slipping back into old habits, they just hoped that her father could fix it before it got worse.

—-------

Back with the others at NYPD, Clary pulled her sister and Jace into a closet full of old files to deglamour in peace. Kas and Jace were first to become visible again, now waiting for the redhead to as well.

"You need help with that?" Jae teased the girl, hearing the failed attempts.

"I can deglamourize myself, Jace." She said, still failing.

Fiddling with the ring that laid on her pointer finger, Kas looked to where she thought her sister would be. "Just think about being seen again, that should help."

Thankfully with the little extra advice, the younger twin was able to deglamour herself on the third try. She thanked her sister before going back to the topic as to why they were there. "The cards?"

"Right." Jace's eyebrows shoot up. "How exactly are we gonna get them? I doubt we can make it out of this closet without drawing attention, let alone Luke's desk and you are covered in runes."

She shrugged like it wasn't a big deal. "Don't worry. I've got a plan."

Kassidy groaned. "Oh, god no."

"What's wrong with that?"

"You have a bad track record with plans, Carrot Cake." Kas thought back to watching a younger Clary, who would make plans that somehow always crashed and burned.

"How could you possibly know that? Right, you stalked me for almost our whole childhood."

"I wasn't stalking you. I was merely watching you...from afar." Clary's shoulders shake. "It's not stalking!"

Jace's eyes bounced back between the twins, not quite understanding what the two were talking about. (But frankly, he didn't care enough to understand). "How much of a plane?"

"90%." The redhead smirked. "Just follow my lead. Oh, and I apologize."

Kas and Jace side-eyed one another. "Apologize for what?"

"The other 10%." She goes to step out before pausing. "Oh."

"Oh? What's oh?"

"They don't know I have a sister, especially one that shares my face."

"Technically, you share my face. But I get ya, does this work?" Kas snapped her fingers one second and then the next she was gone.

Clary's head recoiled. "What the hell?" She waved her hands where Kassidy just was.

"Ow!"

She pulled her hand back and squeaked. "Sorry!"

"I'm still here, ya know so watch your hand."

"But how?" More questions popped in the redhead's mind. If Kassidy was glamoured, her and Jace plus all the Downworlders on the force would still see her sister.

"Kas can turn invisible." Jace answered for the Warlock, remembering how he found out.

"It's a simple but effective spell. Works not only on Mundane's, but Shadow-world creatures too."

"Why don't you just cast it on all of us? That way we can all sneak in."

"You're a Shadowhunter. There's only so many spells I can do on one of you before your runes would force your body to reject it. Sadly, this is one of them. But don't worry, I won't leave without you."

Clary didn't push since they were running out of time, sucking in a breath she looked back at Jace and to where she'd thought Kazzie would be, she pushed the door open and the three snuck out. But once she got to the room she was looking for, she froze as a handful of officers stopped what they were doing and turned to where they were standing.

Snapping out of it, she did the first thing she could think of. Spinning on her heels, her face morphed into anger at the sight of the blonde Shadowhunter. "You son of a bitch!" His face snapped to the side from the slap, cheek turning red. (Clary had to stop herself from giggling at the snort she heard from Kassidy)

"Oh!"

Clary got into his face. "Stop following me!"

"Hey, what happened to being discreet? Hmm?" Jace learned forward, not following what Clary was going for.

"Wait, what did you say?" She stomped away before flipping around, trying to sell the act. "You cheated on me?"

"I...huh?" He glanced at where Kas was (hopefully) standing, slightly panicking because while they weren't on the best of terms, he wouldn't do that, and especially not with her sister. "I did not, we're not even-whoa!" The police held him back as Clary went to Luke's desk.

"You will never see me at your crappy apartment again."

It was only her mentioning a fake apartment did he finally get what was going on. This was the plane. Kassidy was right, he thought, Clary's plans were bad. "That girl means nothing to me. Nothing."

Captain Vargas stepped out of her office and took a spot next to the redhead. "Is that the boyfriend that I heard so much about?"

Clary basically snarled as she scrambled through the Werewolf's desk. "Nope, not anymore. I'm dumping him. Where's all of Luke's stuff?"

"IA took everything. What are you looking for?"

"I, uh... I lost a house key-" The Shadowhunter laughed nervously. "-and Luke normally keeps a spare in his desk, so is there any way I can get it?"

Vargas' face looked like she swallowed a lemon. "Uh, not till he's cleared."

"Cleared?" She forced her eyes to look surprised. "Of...of what?"

"Oh, don't worry about it." She waved it off, not wanting to scare the teen. "We'll get it handled."

"Clary, I'm sorry. I apologize." Jace called out between the arms of the two officers. "I just want you to know it only happened, like... two or... It just happened a couple of times and I am totally-"

"Shut up." The women said together.

"Babe-" The pet name left a weird taste in his mouth as it wasn't directed to Kas when it. "-come on."

"Listen, you don't get to call her 'babe', okay?" The Captain took a threatening step forwards. "In fact, you don't get to call her at all. Clary's done with you. You got it? Take him out."

"I have rights." Jace said loudly as the policeman took him out of the room and won the hall.

Vargas turners her attention back onto Clary. "Perhaps it's for the best?" She gestured to the rune that decorated her neck. "Oh, matching tattoos. That's-big red flag."

"Oh." She pulls her hair to cover it the best she could. "This...it's nothing."

"Don't worry about it. I get it. You always fall for the bad boys, right? Oh, is that just me?

"Uh, right, right. Uh...I really need that key."

"I'm sorry, Clary-" The older woman says. "-but IA has all of Luke's things in the evidence vault upstairs."

Clary visible defleats. "Oh."

"Maybe I can help you find the one you lost." She glanced down at the bookbag that she was carrying. "Did you check your bag?"

"Oh, my God!" Clary plays it off, seeing how noticeable the key was. "You're totally right! Thank you so much." Clary scrambles out, but not before feeling someone tapped her hand. Clary lips pulled into a smile as she ducked out of the room.

Kassidy didn't leave her.

—-------

After ducking back into the closets to become visible again, Clary and Kassidy made it outside where Jace was waiting for them with a bemused expression. "You know what? I'm gonna bring Alec with me next time. I don't think he's ever slapped me in the face.

"I'm sorry, I panicked, plus you kind of deserved it."

"What, how?"

"You said Kazzie didn't care about me." She remembered that little spat the two had not even an hour ago.

The laugh that escaped the oldest twin was definitely something. "She's not wrong." He wanted to say something back, anything really, but even he knew when to shut his trap before he made anything worse.

Suddenly, Izzy seemed to appear out of nowhere with Alec right behind her. "Someone called for backup?"

"Yeah." The blonde Shadowhunter looked between the two siblings. "What took you guys so long?"

"Funny, I was gonna ask you the same thing." Alec shot back.

Jace did his best to hide his winced. "It's complicated."

"We found the Cup." Clary informed the others.

"The Cup?" Izzy couldn't believe it since it's been lost for almost two decades.

"Yeah, but then we lost it." The redhead scrunched up her nose, not exactly thrilled. "We have to sneak back in the precinct to get it."

Alec's eyes rolled his eyes so hard, Kassidy was surprised he didn't see his own brain. "This is a disaster."

"Hey, demon pox is a disaster." The blonde Shadowhunter corrected his parabatai. "This is an inconvenience. We just need a plan. That's all."

"Preferably not made by Carrot Cake over here." Kas jerked her head at her twin.

"Hey! My plan worked."

"Tell that to my nose."

Knowing how her friend was, Isabelle needed her to get back on track. "What about a glamour?"

Jace shook his head. "We tried that. Anyone working with Valentine will see right through it."

Clary looked at Kassidy. "What about your invisibility spell?"

She brought her arms up in a shrug. "Don't know where I'm going."

"What about a portal, can you portal us inside?" She snapped her fingers, proud of herself for coming up with something else.

"Warlock's can only portal places we've been, and I've never been arrested."

Izzy stared at her, mind flashing back to Sweden. "What about that time-"

"That doesn't count."

Clary's cell phone starts ringing. "Not again. Just give me a second." She escaped the group a little and answered. "Simon, this is really not a good time."

"Clary, where are you? This is an emergency."

"Simon, are you okay?"

"I'm not sure. I haven't been kidnapped yet today."

Not having the time for his games, she pressed because he was afraid he was hurt. "Simon, seriously, what's going on?"

"I think I'm sick. Like, really sick."

"Simon, remember that time you thought you had the bird flu?" Knowing that he wasn't in trouble, Clary simply smiled into the phone. "Okay, just stay off the internet and you'll be fine."

"Yeah, yeah, I know. But this time it's different."

Before she could answer, Jace ripped the phone from her hand and hung up the call.

"Hey-"

"Simon's little problem can wait." Jace told her. "I've got a great plan."

"Oh, there's a first."

Jace let out a sarcastic laugh. "Just follow my lead. Oh, and don't worry, in my plan, no one gets slapped."

"That slap was comedy gold."

"Clary literally smacked you in the nose in the closet."

"That was an accident!"

—-------

Me? Updating two stories back-to-back?? Who would've thunk!!!!

Anyways, this chapter was twenty pages on Google Docs in 11.5 size font. I wish I was joking, but alas I am not. I tried to split this episode into three parts, but the pacing would be off and it just didn't feel right. So here ya go!

But besides that, what ya'll think? Good, bad, inbetween?? Let me know!!

Stay Safe!

-DA

P.S not proof read

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

130K 2.8K 43
Olivia Wayland is Jace Wayland's younger sister. She grew up alongside Jace and the Lightwood siblings. She is in a complicated relationship with her...
48.9K 978 15
Clary Fray has a twin. Skylar. Skylar and Clary are complete opposites and had never got along but there world took a turn on their 18th birthday. Wi...
663K 14.3K 36
The lives of the twins Brielle and Clary Fray take a 360° turn when they decide to go to the Pandemonium club in NYC for their 18th birthday. They bo...
60.3K 1.1K 52
Everyone knows about Alec and Izzy Lightwood from New York, and their adopted brother Jace Wayland, But no one knows of their little sister who stays...