Mission Impossible

Clary went up to Kassidy's bedroom door, fist raised to knock but it did not make contact. It was like her whole body froze. Everything in her mind screamed at her not to tell Kas that they had a brother. That while they should have more family, Jonathan Christopher never made it past three years old. Yes, Kassidy deserved to know, just like she did, but even after only just meeting her twin it was obvious that she was incredibly loyal to her family. Hearing this would break her.

After this is over. Then I'll tell her. She thought to herself. Let me protect her for a little bit.

Getting her courage back up, Clary knocked on the door and waited. It only took a few moments before Kassidy opened it while rubbing her eyes, having just woken up from a small cat nap feeling a little more rejuvenated.

"I know where the Cup is." Was all Clary said as she took Kas' arm and pulled her out of the door frame and basically dragged her down the hall to the living room. Still trying to get the sleep fog out of her brain, the Warlock just went with it.

Coming to a stop, she could see Magnus giving Jace the sink eye as the Shadowhunter tried to ignore it the best he could. Not thinking much about it, Clary repeated what she had just said to Kazzie. "I know where the Cup is."

"Come again?" Jace blinked, not expecting the news.

"The tarot cards. My mom, she must have painted them years ago, but the Mortal Cup has to be hidden inside the Ace of Cups. The card looks exactly like it." There was a spark in Clary's eyes, Kas knew it was because she was one step closer to getting her mother back. However, seeing the looks everyone was giving to each other, the spark faded. "Wait, why aren't you guys happy about this? All we have to do is find...Dot."

"If Dot had the cards when she was taken, we don't have much time. If Valentine gets his hands on the Cup—" Jace stalked closer to the twins but stopped mid step when Magnus blocked him by stepping in front of them first.

"We know. If Valentine started creating Shadowhunters or gained control of demons, it'd be like Beyoncé riding on a dinosaur through Times Square. People would notice." He made a face.

"He's right." Kas spoke, the brain fog finally clearing. "Mundane's might be oblivious to the Shadow-world, but even they wouldn't be able to ignore the chaos."

Clary shook her head. "But he can control demons. I've seen it."

"Mmm, paying off a few demons is easy, especially since they rarely survive long enough to collect." Magnus corrected, knowing from experience.

"Still waiting on Valentine's thank-you card." Jace attempted to joke, which made Kassidy discreetly roll her eyes. She would rather tune him out after what he said to her, but sadly here he was. Talking.

"Opening the gates of hell, that's a little more tricky. Just ask your sister."

"That was one time."

They couldn't even ask what the two Bane's met, Luke walked in before the two Shadowhunters could ask. "Valentine doesn't have the cards. I do. They're in my desk back at the precinct. When Clary went missing, I went to the loft and I cleared everything out, 'cause I didn't want the Circle to track her."

"That's great." The redhead smiled, happy that they were finally getting somewhere. "This should be easy."

"Mmm, that's what General Custer said." Magnus muttered as he took a seat on the expensive plush chair.

Kazzie followed his lead and sat on the arm rest next to him. "You're name dropping again."

"Magnus is right." Luke pointed at the High Warlock, ignoring the small conversation between the two. "Valentine has spies everywhere, even in the NYPD. We have to be discreet."