The Joy of Agony | Loki

By marvel-ous

"People like him don't change. He is the god of mischief, after all." Bruce Banner has a niece; Eryn Banner... More

Odin's Punishment.
Meteor? Nah, its just Loki Skydiving.
Welcome Back to Earth. Not.
The Cute High Class Criminal.
His Crazy New Task.
Earthling, Everybody Knows Me.
Prisoner of Hope.
Nick's Fury.
The Great Escape.
Babysitting the God of Mischief
Don't Ever Play with the God of Mischief.
Heartfelt Sincerity.
Loki's Appointment.
Party Planning & Running with Scissors.
Loki's Favorite Brother is Back.
Macy's Blue Eyes.
Loki's Unknown Weakness.
A Sudden Downfall.
Hard Times Are Coming.
Keep Moving Forward.
How Mischievously Cute.
Avengers in Disney World (1)
Avengers in Disney World (2)
Date with a True Monster.
Only Human, Yet so Powerful.
The Solution is Gone.
Maybe, the Bad Guy is the Victim.
Sarah Knew It.
I Love You.
Oh, Shut Your Cliche Mouth.
The Other's Deception.
The God Who Cried Wolf.
Director Fury Knew All Along.
Disappointing Revelations.
Loki's Loyal Lawyer.
Prepping for the Party.
The Christmas Party.
An Apology and a Sucker Punch.
Loki's Heart Has Been Stolen.
Eryn's Doppelganger and Loki's past.
Going to Asgard.
Oh, the Joy of Asgard (1)
Oh, the Joy of Asgard (2)
Beginning of Something Worse.
A Broken Promise.
Eryn's Mischievous Lie.
There is Always Hope.
Home Sweet Home.
Slow Adjustments.
Best Friends for Life.
Because I Love Her.
I'm Still Here.
Babysitting with Loki.
Because I Love Him.
Ice-Skating & Magic Tricks.

Nicknames, Fan-girls, and Shawarma...OH MY!

85K 2.3K 2.8K
By marvel-ous

Dedicated to AgentClintBarton for providing an idea for an upcoming chapter to this story. You''ll see what I mean after reading this...enjoy!

ERYN

Just as the priest began to talk, an arm was rested on my shoulder. "I'm sorry for your loss," he said his brown eyes staring into mine. They seemed lifeless, almost. I managed to fake a smile at Jared, and he stood next to Bruce who was on my right while Loki was on my left.

"We have all gathered around," the priest started as I let my eyes stare straight ahead, not allowing them to wander around. This was going to be long and dreadful...

**

"How about we do something today, all of us?" Bruce asked, wrapping an arm around my shoulder. His eyes then landed on Loki. "You too," he then added. We continued to walk towards where we had parked our cars at a clearing.

"I'm not really in the mood," I responded as we came to a stop in front of Tony, Steve, Clintasha (that's what I've decided to call them now), Thor and Jared. They all glanced up at us, and offered me sincere smiles.

"That's the whole point, Rin Tin TIn." Tony said, obviously trying to lighten up the mood.

I raised an eyebrow. "Rin Tin TIn?"

"That's your new nickname from me. You're welcome!" He chirped, stuffing his hands into the pockets of his jeans. I was shocked. I wasn't too fond over the nickname, but the fact that he gave me a nickname was a bit meaningful.

"You should be happy. I believe your nickname is the best out of all of us," Steve commented with a small smile. Thor who stood by him, nodded. "Point break," he huffed, disapprovingly.

"Was that a smile about to happen?" Clint teased. Natasha smiled brightly, motioning for me to do the same and I gave out a light chuckle. My eyes wandered off to Jared who remained silent, deep in thought. They then landed on Loki who gave my  hand a tight, reassuring squeeze. I took a deep breath and managed a small smile. "Where to?"

"That's my girl!" Bruce grinned, patting me on the shoulder. Everyone then glanced at Tony and seemed to watch him expectantly. I was confused, and Tony seemed to be as well. He glanced around as if to confirm that everyone was indeed staring at him. When he realized we were, he seemed to have a brain fart because it was clearly written on his face. "Oh...right! We are going to Shawarma’s."

He then grinned at me. "And we are also going to go somewhere else...somewhere far, far away."

My eyebrows furrowed. "Where?"

"The happiest place on earth!" He beamed.

"S.T.A.R.K building?" I mumbled, still confused. Why can't he just tell me? It's not like its a surprise; if it were, he wouldn't have told me to begin with. Tony's grin widened and he nodded, agreeing with me perhaps. I playfully rolled my eyes, and Bruce 'coughed' at the same time Clint cleared his throat. "The second happiest place on earth." Tony said. Like that's any help...

"Oh fod god's sake, we are going to Disney World!" Natasha exclaimed, cutting to the chase.

My eyes widened. Disney World? I've never been there before. But I can't go, I frowned. "But Jared and I have a massive project we're working on...Fury won't let us skip days of work."

"We all need a break from S.H.I.E.L.D, and some happy time for a change. Besides, we are only going for the weekend...since that's all Fury agreed to."

My eyes snapped to Jared. "Then, that means we only have three days to work on our project that way we can get our results in by Monday." I said. He nodded, understanding. Tony glanced between us questioningly. 

"What project?"

"Where have you been, Stark? We've been working on our project for weeks. We are testing to see what effects gamma has on other...subjects." I explained.

"And I'm working on an antidote," Bruce added in. "Which by the way, I am so close to! What if I could find a cure? It took me years to get to where I am...so close, yet so far..." he quoted, humming the rest of the song to himself. I smiled at my uncle, proud of him. Bruce noticed and took me by the hand, forcing me to dance along with him. "Is that a smile?" He grinned.

"Bruce," I groaned, not wanting to keep up with his steps. After a few more seconds, he chuckled and released me. I glanced around and found Loki almost cracking a smile at me. I then realized that we were still in the clearing...next to where Macy now rests. Oh Macy, I thought mentally sighing.

Noticing that I was no longer distracted, Bruce rested one hand on my shoulder and another on Loki ushering us towards my car. "Well? What are we waiting for...Shawarma it is!" Bruce said, motioning the others to move as well. Since they had all came in the same car-even Jared-, Tony decided to tag along with us in my car.

Bruce got in the driver's seat and Tony in the passenger, leaving Loki and I in the back. "You're going to love it!" Tony gushed.

"I've already been there."

"Dammit, Bruce!"

Loki let out a small, low chuckle and sent me a reassuring smile which I returned. "We'll get through this," he mouthed to me and his hand soon found mine, intertwining them together. I nodded and rested my head on his shoulder, my heart thumping wildly. He said 'we'll' . I couldn't control the emotions stirring up inside me, all caused by a simple conjunction. We'll.

As much as he'd probably dislike me saying this, his heart seems to be warming up, the ice that once surrounded it melting. It took a while to get there, but I didn't mind. Watching Tony and Bruce bicker over choice of radio station was hilarious...until Tony took it too far by purposely trying to get Bruce mad. Since then, I turned off the radio leaving an awkward silence consume us until Tony broke the ice. "We're here!"

Behind us, one of Tony's many cars, pulled up beside us. I stood right in front of the place, watching as Clintasha, Steve, Thor and Jared got out. "Oh! My baby, are you alright? Did Clint treat you nicely?" Tony cooed as he rubbed his car. Clint rolled his eyes, muttering something incoherent to me but judging by Tony's facial expression, it wasn't for him. "Clint, didn't mean that. Say you’re sorry, Clint!"

"Can we just eat...please? I'm starving!" Natasha said.

Tony sent Clintasha a playful glare, and we all walked in together. Almost immediately, the woman who had greeted me the last time I came, strode over to us with her jaw dropped as she took all of us in. "Oh my!" I heard her mutter and glance back towards her kitchen. "Jensen, the Avengers are here!"

And Loki....I thought. I caught a glimpse of Loki who tensed up, but when he saw me playfully raise an eyebrow he almost cracked a smile. "We'll get through this," I mouthed at him. The full smile finally appeared on his handsome face, as he realized what I meant. Someway or another, I'm going to help him -no matter what- to be able to be himself and for others to accept him. He can't always be Logan Greene and live hidden until he dies.

Haya, the woman, turned to use with a grin, most of her attention directed towards Bruce. "Come, right this way!" She then led us to the tables and joined three together to fit all of us. Steve and Clint helped her which caused her cheeks to flush. I found it odd yet cute at how these superheroes have got a woman who must be in her early thirties blushing. "Here are your menus. I'll be back shortly."

"Aww, no fan girls," Tony commented, playfully frowning. My eyes wandered off in search for another soul in sight, but found none other than us. “I’m going to tell Pepper," I teased.

"Who do you think has the most fan girls out of all of us?" Tony asked everyone.

"I do!" Tony, Bruce, Steve, Thor and Clint replied in unison.

"It is I, for I am out of this world!" Thor joked, and then laughed his booming laugh at his own joke. Tony burst laughing, and suddenly he just stopped. "No, Thor. Just no."

"I have the most male fans," Natasha said with a small grin. Tony rolled his eyes at her and Clint 'coincidentally' straightened up right after her comment. Then, they all turned to Jared, Loki, and I wanting to hear our inputs.  "I have no comment at the moment...so," Jared trailed off, whistling and letting his eyes wander off.

"Don't look at me, I have no clue." Loki answered, raising his hands up in 'surrender'. Suddenly multiple pairs of eyes were on me. Was Tony's question that important? Geesh. I rested my elbows on the table, propping my head up with my hands and rubbing my chin playfully. "Hmm," I stalled, thinking of an answer.

A grin formed on my face as an answer came to mind. One, that I am almost positive, won't make the dear Avengers happy. " I believe the one with the most fan girls is...he who must not be named."

"Oh, please. Voldemort?" Tony snorted.

"Loki." I replied, confidently. Clint face palmed himself, and Thor laughed once again. Bruce cracked a smile simultaneously shaking his head. Jared remained still, rigid almost as if his mind were else were. I was about to call his name, but Tony snapped my attention towards his as he snapped his fingers.

He moved his head around snapping at the same time with pursed lips, "oh hell no!"

Loki and I burst out laughing then, followed by the others....Jared long forgotten. I was a bit relieved they hadn't taken my answer the bad way, but I just had to. I guess I'd consider myself a Loki fan-girl now...I snorted at the thought. Leaning into Loki's ear, I whispered, "if only they know."

I didn't have to glance at him to know that his trademark smirk was plastered onto his face once again. I knew him too well already. The God of mischief and lies, Loki, has finally found his place in Earth; right by my side.

**

I couldn't help but let my nerves and anxieties get to me a bit. I trusted Loki; I know he wouldn't escape. Not after our conversation nights ago, but leaving alone at my apartment wasn't the best thing to do last time. He had Thor, but still. Thor wasn't there this time since Fury had requested his presence, but I gave Loki a brief lesson on how to use the house phone appropriately if he needed to.

The 'waiting' room to the S.H.I.E.L.D building was empty, as usual. This room was more of a display than of actual use. It's where Fury kept all the people who weren't allowed in the actual building in, such as reporters. Gloria, one of the receptionists who kept watch here, glanced up at me with a smile. "Hello," I greeted her and then continued on, walking past the security.

Dialing a passcode, the big heavy, metal door opened leading me into the 'check-in' room. By the heart, I knew where my I.D was, and grasped it as soon as I saw swiping it to check-in. Another door then opened the one that actually led you into the real S.H.I.E.L.D building. So much security, yet I still managed to help a prisoner escape...hmm.

Walking down the narrow corridor, I thought of when I had first come here. I was nervous, but for a different reason than now. I was scared to finally meet Fury. I wasn't alone, Bruce was by my side, but still, it was a bit frightening to know that I was going to meet Fury. I chuckled at my first day here. It took time for me to get used to the Avengers and their strange ways. 

By first glance, I had thought Clint and Natasha was a couple but that thought soon perished when Bruce had confirmed that they weren't. Steve had been quiet, but once he and I got used to each other, we've grown close. He is the closest one to my age, not including the years he's been sleeping. Tony was the most outspoken out of all of them, and I have to admit, that I did not like him at first but after a while, it faded away. He's like another uncle to me since Bruce and he were already so close before I had arrived. Jared was the most shy and he would stutter when talking to me. Everyone says that I had helped him step out of his shell a bit since he liked me.Agent Coulson is one of the nicest agents I've ever met, Agent Hill coming in second. 

 I hadn't met Thor much before since the week right after the incident in Manhattan occurred, was when Bruce reached out to me and brought me with him. I was glad he did. Who knows where I'd be right now. Probably on the verge of becoming insane, still stuck with the people who were accustomed to hating me; my lovely step-dad and step-sisters.

Snapping out of my memories, I realized I was standing in front of the lab doors. Dialing in the number into the key pad, the clear door slid opened. Bruce was at his computer while Jared was at our station. "Good morning!" I greeted.

"Morning," Bruce mumbled, too caught up in his work.

Jared acknowledged with me a small nod. "I added in the last of the chemicals into our solution. I think it's ready to test. You can double check if you need to, but I think we should be ready to test it on the lab rats."

I nodded, taking the data from him observing each and everything written down onto the paper. "Oh, gosh ,Jared, you have doctor handwriting!" I exclaimed, straining my mind to read some of the words that were hastily scribbled down. Jared didn't reply.  My eyes widened as I noticed that he had added in an extra chemical. "Jared, you added in an extra chemical...it shouldn't be in the solution. We don't even know what the chemical itself does!"

Jared looked taken a back, and blinked a few times. "I'm sorry. I seem to be out of it today."

"Yeah, not just today," I mumbled under my breath, but surprisingly enough, he still heard me. His eyebrow was raised, questioningly. I sighed and took a deep breath, setting down the papers. "Can we talk?"

"Isn't that what we're doing right now?" He asked, a bit too harsh for the Jared that I used to know. What has gotten into him? Was it the same thing Macy had...but what exactly did she have?

"Since when did you come up with comebacks?"

Bruce's attention snapped to us as our voices rose. Jared noticed and his head snapped back towards me. "Are we going to talk or not?"

"Yes!" I almost shouted, shocked that I was this upset and frustrated already. I stormed out with Jared in pursuit, motioning for Bruce to stay when I felt his eyes following him. We stood right in front of the clear doors. I glanced around but the hallway was empty here. Crossing my arms across my chest, I narrowed my eyes at Jared. "What's wrong, Jared?" I asked a mixture of concern and wariness in my tone.

Jared's dull, brown eyes softened a bit, almost lighting up to the chocolate brown I had grown accustomed to. "I- I..."-his eyes flashed a light blue that I would've missed if I would've blinked at the time-"It's nothing. Don't worry about it." He finished his tone a bit too cold for my liking. He then headed back towards the key-pad, but my hand firmly gripped his arm.

"Don't you dare lie to my face, Jared!" I shouted in a whisper, frustrated.

I then let out a small cry of surprise as I was suddenly pushed up against the wall, my head almost banging against the key pad. I stared at Jared incredulously. "Most of my life has been an entire lie!"

"Jared-"

"Let it go!" He interrupted. "Let it go and let's move on, now...."- his eyes lightened up a bit, a lighter shade of brown now and he immediately back away from me, realizing what he had just done.-"Everything is alright, Eryn. Don't worry about me, okay?" With that being said, he activated the key pad and walked into the lab leaving me deep in thought.

        Everything will not be alright and I'm more than worried. I'm scared.

Okay, so I realized that I never really emphasized the relationship between Eryn & the Avengers. I hope this chapter kind of cleared it up...that they all care for each other. Sorry for the long wait!  It took me a whole week to get adjusted to going back to school...meh. Thank you for wishing me a good spring break, it went well! ^.^  I also finally watched the new Spider Man movie & loved it, that I'm thinking of maybe including him in one of my fanfics but still not sure. It'd probably be a bit too late to add him in, but who knows! So what do you think of Eryn's new nickname? Rin Tin Tin? And her's and Loki's 'blossoming' relationship? Or about Jared? lol, please leave your thoughts below! I love to hear them!

Oh & the Avengers will be going to Disneyworld soon! How do you think they'd act in Disney? 

To the side is a GIF of Penn Badgley who plays Jared in my story! >>> 

Also, what do you think of the new cover? Is it okay? Sorry for asking sooo many questions guys; I just want to know how I'm doing since this story is ALMOST coming to an end...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

173K 5K 51
She walked out from the red drapes in nothing more than lingerie to the dance floor and began the entrancing performance, just another night. Music p...
482K 15.3K 34
Angela Pierce has had it rough since the beginning. Foster care. Bullies. Being kidnapped and experimented on. It's not all sunshine and flowers out...
2.6K 174 21
Loki was back in his cell after being discovered by Thor. He saw horrible things but had no way of escaping and helping his family. He is sadder and...
1K 89 17
Sky has no memory of her past life, but that doesn't bother her, it never actually haunt her. She's taken under S.H.I.E.L.D. Care and the agents ther...