Your Eyes Tell (COMPLETED)

By chaexjune

πŸ’ Her eyes are always on him since the day she first met him. It was the love at first sight for her. He was... More

prologue
crush
curious
bully
rendezvous
moments
cheer up
b.o.y (because of you) in love
uncomfortable
sorry
good on you
small talk
party
the present
follow
second chance
desperately
what happened, happened
closer
a lie
us
fix
conversations
birthday
Jaehyun's day
safe and sound
sunshine
sort it out
pursuit of love
blind
punishment
i need you
beside you
complete
epilogue

can we be

423 30 14
By chaexjune

"You are such a lucky man, Mr Jeon.", the doctor who came to check on Jungkook's eye condition said as he was writing on his chart.

"Sorry?", he asked.

The doctor smiled, "Your girlfriend, Ms Park. She hasn't left since you got admitted two days ago. She's a keeper, I'd say."

Jungkook nodded quietly as he got what the doctor meant. He looked at the bed where he can see Chaeyoung's figure covered fully by the blanket from her head to toe. He wondered if she went back to sleep or she was just pretending to sleep under the blanket.

"Anyway, Mr Jeon, I've checked everything needed. For now, we will monitor your eye for a few days more. If everything is alright, we will take off the bandage tomorrow and you might need to stay for at least two days so you can adjust to the changes before we allow you to go home.", the doctor said as he handed his chart to the nurse that accompanied him.

"Oh, okay, doctor. Thank you.", Jungkook replied.

"Okay, then. If there's anything, you can look for me or Ms Hayley.", the doctor said as he pointed to his nurse.

Ms Hayley looked at Jungkook with a small smile, "I'll be back here with your breakfast, Mr Jeon."

Jungkook's face beamed as he raised his hand to tell the nurse something.

"Yes?"

"I just wanted to ask. What...is the menu for my breakfast?", he asked the nurse.

Ms Hayley responded, "A tray of sandwich with sliced potatoes, a bowl of oatmeal and a strawberry yogurt."

"Oh, can I ask for an extra tray of the same menu?", he asked again.

The nurse and the doctor looked at each other.

"It's for my girlfriend..", Jungkook pointed his hand to the back where the bed is.

Ms Hayley and Dr Owens laughed a little to him while he was slightly startled by the finger pinch he felt on his back.

"Sure, Mr Jeon. Is that all?", the nurse asked back.

Jungkook nodded, "Yeah, thank you."

He watched as they left him and Chaeyoung alone in the room again. When he turned around, he was startled again when Chaeyoung suddenly shoved the blanket away revealing her face looking at him with a glare. He was going to ask her if she is okay before she got up with her arms crossed.

"When did I become your girlfriend?", she asked him with her deep voice.

He smiled, "You don't remember?"

Chaeyoung frowned, "Remember what?"

He sat beside her and imitated her from last night which was just five hours ago, "Can we be us now, Jungkook?"

He smiled at her as he added, "You said that. Remember?"

Chaeyoung giggled, "You didn't answer me though."

"I...yeah, I didn't get to answer it because you fell asleep on my shoulder.", he replied.

She smiled at him, "Okay, then. I'll ask you again. Can we...be us, Jungkook?"

Jungkook's right eye gazed at her eyes endearingly in silent. She fixed her eyes on him back as she waited for his answer. He seemed to get lost into her soul that he did not blink or even speak a word to her for a half of a minute they were staring at each other. She did not moved until she saw him getting closer to her.

"Jungkoo-"

His eye was looking at her lips and she knew what will happen next if not because of the door that creaked interrupting their moment.

"Mr Jeon- oh, good morning, Ms Park.", the nurse came in with a trolley cart full with two trays of food for the couple who seemed awkward with her appearance.

"Good morning, Ms Hayley.", Chaeyoung replied as her face was completely already facing the other side from Jungkook's face.

Jungkook just chuckled as he walked away to help the nurse to push the cart near the table.

"How did you know-", the nurse stopped when she realized that Chaeyoung had heard her name from earlier when they were checking on Jungkook's condition.

"It's okay. Let me do it.", Jungkook said as he stopped the nurse from doing her job to put the trays on the table.

Chaeyoung came to help too, leaving the nurse to watch them arrange the food on the table.

"Thank you, Ms Hayley.", Jungkook said as he put back the empty tray on the cart.

"Oh, yeah. Sure. If you two need anything else, just let me know.", she replied as Jungkook walked with her to the door. "Mr Jeon, Dr Owens was right. She's a keeper.", she whispered to him. "You're really lucky to have a girlfriend like her.", her last words was somehow caught by Chaeyoung at the table.

She coughed on the water she drank when she heard it and it got the attention of Jungkook and the nurse.

"Chaengie, are you okay?", Jungkook asked as he rushed back to her.

Chaeyoung nodded several times before signalling with her hand that she is okay. Ms Hayley asked if she could help but Jungkook told her that it was fine and that he can handle it from there. She then, apologised and excused herself from the room leaving the couple alone again.

When Chaeyoung finally relaxed, Jungkook looked at her up from behind as he was rubbing her back earlier.

"You okay now?", he asked, still concerned about her suddenly coughing just now.

She nodded, "Let's eat?"

Jungkook smiled before he sat on the chair beside her. And as for Chaeyoung, it was like a natural thing for her to arrange the food on the table to his side like at home. He watched her actions that seemed a little awkward as she looked like she was avoiding to look at him. And her cheeks were not helping, she was blushing red beside him.

After she checked that everything is in place, she gasped in a sudden.

"I haven't brushed my teeth.", she said before standing up and quickly rushed to the bathroom.

Jungkook laughed at her before he remembered what they were talking about before Ms Hayley interrupted them.

"I haven't answered your question again.", he smiled as he wait for her to come out from the bathroom.

"Jungkook, can we- ah!", Chaeyoung shrieked at seeing Jungkook standing right outside the bathroom for her. "Ju- Jungkook, what are you doing in front of the door?", she asked shyly as her head was hanging low, afraid of looking at him.

He moved forward which made Chaeyoung taking a step back in reflex.

"Jungkook, what are you doing?", she asked again as she saw his hand was trying to hold hers.

He smiled as his hand actually went for her back and he led her to a stop behind the sink.

"Jungkook-"

"I just want to wash my hand.", he cut her off and that made her reacted with slapping his chest lightly while pushing him away to get out of the bathroom.

He smiled at her reaction before he really washed his hands and went back to the table to see her pouting at him.

"Are you angry?", he asked the obvious.

She did not answer him.

"I'm sorry, Chaengie.", he added with a smile on his face.

Her cheeks blushed again.

"Ah...you like it when I call you Chaengie.", he stated.

"No, I'm not. And that nickname is only reserved for those who are closest to me. You can't call me that. Yet.", she responded coldly to him.

He looked at her softly, "Oh...is it because I haven't answered your question?"

"Maybe.", she pouted again after the short reply to him.

He carefully held her hand and moved closer as he spoke, "Then, don't step back from me."

He locked eyes with her as he closed the gap between them.

"I'll answer it now.", he said quietly as his eye moved down to look at her lips.

The two of them might never remember what happened the night at the party six years ago but that did not mean that they cannot start something new from the present. They both loved each other back in the day but they were never given the chance to start a relationship because of their own insecurities and uncertainties. Now that they were mature and wiser, they can finally have the chance to be with each other without anything holding them back anymore.

"Why are you crying?", Jungkook asked as he felt her tear on his cheek which stopped him from kissing her, he was afraid she did not like it or if he had hurt her even though there was no way he was hurting her with his kiss.

Chaeyoung smiled softly before wiping the tears away, "I'm sorry. It's just...finally...finally we found the truth and finally I know how you feel about me."

He smiled back to her as he took her hand and kissed it softly, "I have something to tell you."

She nodded, "What is it?"

"I..know you don't like talking about the party. Actually I don't too but...there's one thing I want to let you know.", he said slowly.

"Okay.."

"Actually I invited you that night because I wanted to confess to you. I planned it nicely, it was a simple setup though. In my mind, I'll confess to you when I walk you back to the bus stop or just walk you to your brother maybe. And then, if I happen to see your brother, I might man up to him to ask for his blessings to let us date.", he chuckled as he talked about it. "It was a crazy plan and I thought it would work out but...things happened and..I chickened out. I was scared of your brother...", he looked away as he realized how stupid he was in his teenage age.

"Hey...", Chaeyoung's hands held his face and turned it back to look at her. "It's okay. It's all in the past and you already got oppa's blessing now.", she cupped his face and brought it closer to hers before her delicate lips touched his warm ones. "I love you, Jungkook.", she said after the kiss they shared.

He had his eye teared up just like her, "I love you too, Chaeyoung."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.4K 1.7K 23
During high school, I really liked Jimin. A lot. He was my first serious crush. So serious that I could even say that he was my first love. I didn'...
406K 11.9K 31
A Highschool fanfic which includes all of BTS and the one new girl who came from America. They say she's Beautiful, but is her personality as pretty...
26.1K 945 34
Hi guys, I am back with a new story. Before that let me ask you a question. Do you have a lover?? May be yes , may be no. But all of us has / had a...
226K 6.2K 43
Undergoing editing... Jk : don't even dare to expect anything from me . I am already in Love with someone . yn : hmmm okay ( sighs ) saying this he...