Dua-e-Khair

By wiwihere

Dua-e-khair is a compilation of urdu romantic short stories which is entertaining as well as heart warming. I... More

Prologue 1
Nissa (1)
Nissa (2)
Nissa (4)
Nissa (5)
Nissa (6)
Nissa (7)
Nissa (8)
Nissa (9)
Nissa (10)
Epilogue (1)
Prologue 2
Sahil (1)
Sahil (2)
Sahil (3)
Sahil (4)
Sahil (5)
Sahil (6)
Sahil (7)
Sahil (8)
Sahil (9)
Sahil (10)
Sahil (11)
Sahil (12)
Epilogue (2)
Sahil (Extended Scene)

Nissa (3)

2.5K 106 3
By wiwihere

The next day, Mehru attended her classes as per normal, tried hard to concentrate on what the professors said but her mind constantly wandered off to the most embarrassing scene of her life. She couldn't help but curse herself. How could she lose her calm in front of him? And how could she fall in his arms? Why did she let it happen? All these thoughts still clouded her mind as she left for the cafeteria with her best friend Momina.

Mehru told Momina what had happened yesterday and how smoothly she had made fun of herself. Momina couldn't help herself from laughing.

"Bhai tumhara toh pata nahi laikin I really like Salar" Momina laughed.

"Bakwas na karo Momina, tum meri dost ho keh usski?" Mehru said annoyingly.

"Dekh lena yeh itni asaani sy peecha nahi chornay wala, mujhy abhi sy pata hai" Momina said while she kept stuffing chips in her mouth.

"Kon hai jo itni asani sy peecha nahi chorny wala? Humein batayein, shayad hum thori madad kar dein" Affan interrupted as he sat beside Momina.

Momina and Affan exchanged looks.

"Filhaal toh aap hain woh. Kia apny baray mein aap kuch kar sakty hain?" Momina answered him, shifting her gaze from him, stealing another chip from the bag.

"Dekhein mujhy toh aap iss sab mein shamil na karein, kiyoun keh mein toh aap ka peecha itnay araam sy chorny nahi wala" Affan grinned as he stole the piece of chip from Momina's hand.

Momina wasn't shocked. Everyone knew that Affan had a crush on Momina. But as Affan was never serious for a commitment so everyone took his flirting as a joke, Momina did too. Momina was Mehru's closest friend so she was already familiar with everyone in the Khan family.

"Affan tum yahan sy nikal rahay ho, ya hum khud yahan sy jayein?" Mehro asked Affan.

"Chill Jolie. Mein he chala jata hun, khuwa mukha aap logoun ko zehmat hogi" Affan spoke the last sentence while facing Momina, who pretended not to care.

-------------------------------

"Allah Talah please aaj woh kameena nazar na aye mujhy, warna paka pit jaye ga" Mehru said as she wore an earing.

Mehro wore a light green chikankari kurta paired with white culottes, a white chiffon dupatta and a pair of khussas. Her complexion complimented every color she wore. Her big doe eyes looked extremely beautiful as she applied mascara on her lids. Mehru was not a big fan of makeup. A lip tint, mascara and kajal were her go to's.

(Mehru's outfit for today)

As she was in her last year of uni, she usually got free around 1 and went to teach Meenay from 4-6pm.

Just like yesterday, Affan gave Mehru a ride to Yousafzai Mansion. She went inside praying that every thing should run smoothly without an intervention of that corny man.

Meenay was already occupied with her books in the lounge when Mehru entered the room. Someone else was there too. A manly presence situated right beside Meenay, going through the pages of her books until he was distracted by the girl entering the room. From that moment onwards, he kept his eyes on her. Only her.

"Of course it has to be him" Mehru said under her breath as she put a fake smile on and greeted Meenay.

"Miss this is my brother Salar, he just came back from London yesterday" Meenay introduced Salar, who was busy contemplating the looks on Mehru's face.

"Hello Ms.Mehru, glad that we got to introduce ourselves this time" Salar motioned his hand towards Mehru with a grin on his face.

"Firstly It's Mehrunissa for you. Secondly, I'm sure we haven't met before. You must have taken me for someone else. " Mehru said confidently looking in his eyes, rejecting his handshake. Meenay who stood their watching them with confusion.

"Yeah I must have made a mistake, my apologies" Salar narrowed his gaze, put his hands in his pockets as he kept studying her.

"Apologies accepted" Mehro replied mockingly.

"So Zarminah, shall we get started now?" Mehro asked Meenay who nodded in response.

"Chalo Meenay parhaye karein aap. Phir shaam mein mulakaat hoti hai ap sy" Salar addressed Meenay but his eyes were still on Mehru who was now standing with crossed arms.

Salar left the two in the lounge. Mehro remained uncomfortable for a few minutes after he left but then she was completely involved with her lecture.

"Beta I won't be able to pick you up today. I had ask Affan to do so" Mehru received a text from her Baba.

As soon as the session ended, Mehru called Affan. Apparently he was at the cinemas so he couldn't make it too. Mehru said that she was totally cool with getting an uber. After he told her not to tell her baba about this, they ended the call. Mehru knew the drill. She was very easy going when it came to such circumstances.

Meenay was listening the whole conversation.

"Miss our driver can drop you. It won't be a problem at all" Meenay requested.

"Thank-you so much, Zarminah. But I am more than comfortable in getting an uber" Mehru responded. Mehrunissa Khan knew very well how to behave professionally. Though Aliya Yousafzai and Shahista Begum were close friends, Mehru never took advantage of it. She was always composed with all the members of the house, even Meenay too, that is why she always called her Zarminah.

Mehru was at the main door, waiting for her ride when Meenay came running.

"Miss, Mama wants to talk to you" Meenay handed her phone to Mehru.

"Assalam o Alaikum Aunty" Mehru said.

"Walaikum Assalam Beta. Yeh mein kia sun rahi houn keh aap cab par jaa rahi ho ghar. Mehru I would not allow it. The driver is with me. Mein ny Salar sy kaha hai woh apko khud ghar tak drop karay ga" Aliya said in one go.

"Magar Aliya Aunty-" Mehru was about to say something but Aliya didn't let her speak.

"Mehru Beta please. You're Meenay's teacher. I can not let you go like this. I am hearing no more, aap Salar keh saath he jao gi." Aliya ended the call on this note.

"Bhai bas arahay hain" Meenay said looking towards Mehru.

"Zarminah, you shouldn't have called Aliya aunty like this" Mehro seem a bit annoyed.

"Mama would have scolded me, if I had let you go like this" Meenay replied.

"Zarminah-" Mehru was interrupted once more.

"Mere saath janay mein koi harj toh nahi hai waisay" Salar intervened.

Mehru remained quiet.

"Iss keh mu lagny sy behtar hai banda chup rahay" Mehru thought to herself.

"If you allow me, toh chalein ab?" Salar motioned towards the gate.

Mehru made her way towards his car. She sat on the passenger seat of his black Audi E-tron that complimented his personality perfectly. He entered the location on the maps and in the next second they were out on the roads.

(Salar and his Audi)

"Aap hamesha aise he awazaar rehti hain? " Salar killed the awkward silence between them. Then he looked at Mehru who sat proudly beside him.

"Dekhein mein aap sy baat nahi karna chahti, can't you get the hints already?" Mehro said boldly. She took Salar as a play boy who likes to mess with girls and blow them off the other second.

"I'm sorry if I had hurt you but trust me I never intended to." Salar responded politely.

"I don't care aap kia kartay hai yah kia nahi kartay. Now if you could please spare me from this small talk and if not toh mujhe aap idher he utar dein, I am more than willing to take the cab." Mehro was irritated as hell. She was so pissed at her fate that despite praying she ran into this man two times in a day. She knew very well how one encounter with him had toppled her whole mind, so she was firm in distancing herself from him. The least she wanted was to fall in love with her student's brother, ah that's weird Mehru. But all is fair in love and war, isn't it?

"Easy.... I won't disturb you now" Salar replied.

Salar on the other hand wasn't sure what is happening with the lady sitting beside him. He was extremely patient and never lost his calm over such things. He also didn't get why was she acting all worked up. It was just a car ride? He thought to himself.

In 10 minutes, they were outside Mehru's house.

Mehru was about to leave his car when he said: "Your welcome Ms.Mehru".

"For the last time I'm telling you it's Mehrunissa for you." Mehru lowered her tone in anger as she pointed her index finger at him.

Salar raised both of his arms, gesturing his retreat. But he never stopped smiling.

Mehru got out of the car but she felt as if someone was grabbing her dupatta.

"Dupatta chorein mera-" She yelled at him.

Looking down at him she realized it wasn't Salar who was holding her back, instead it was the seat belt. She turned red.

"Kia aap chahti thein keh mein apka dupatta pakar kar apko rokoun?" Salar chuckled.

"Bhar mein jayein" Mehru shut the car door on his face and went inside.

"Pagal larki" Salar smiled.

-------------------------------

"Mehru appa yeh kis ki Audi mein aye hain aap. I want a ride too, it was so cool" Mustafa uttered in shock.

"Thi kisi loochay ki" Mehru replied in anger.

"Sab khairyat hai beta?" Shahista asked Mehru.

"Jee Maa, Baba leny nahi asaky toh Aliya Aunty ny zabardasti apny uss angrez bete keh saath mujhy behjwa dia" Mehru responded.

Shahista didn't say another word to her, instead she smiled softly and went to the kitchen.

"Maa, Mehru appa sy kahein keh next time mujhy bulaein gi woh agar dobara Audi mein ayein" Moofa insisted.

"Moofa keh bachay tumhein Audi ki pari hai idher aao tum zara" Mehru said playfully and ran after her brother.

(Do you like it? What do you think about this? I really need validation haha. Comment your povs)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

247K 8.9K 17
Is it not love when the two made for one another find solace in each others' eyes? When they don't hurt but rather experience joy together? When they...
134K 3.4K 21
Some desi short stories stuck in my mind
107K 3.1K 13
A collection of possesive and desi short stories !! avidity means great enthusiasm or passion with romantic feelings .. •𝐙𝐈𝐌𝐀𝐌~𝐊𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐒𝐇 #...
122K 3.9K 21
collection of short stories, where people actually fall in love incandescently and encourage affection by dancing even if one's partner is barely tol...