Silence in the Storm

By HazelSpiderlily

"They got married... I should be happy for them, no?" "He got married to your Leannan, Soap." In this fanfict... More

Enlisted to Heal.
Prescription.
Caduceus.
Asklepios.
Ophthalmo.
Cardio.
Pneuma.
Pneuma: Trachea.
Pseudostasis.
Paranoia.
Serotonin.
Endorphine.
Dopamine.
Toxins.
Blunt Trauma.
Nerve Laceration.
Coma.
Cortisol.
Oxytocin.
Shortsightedness.
Derealization.
Arrhythmia.
Apnea.
EKG.
Phobia.
Phobia II.

Hyperfixation.

221 4 0
By HazelSpiderlily

Being back at the base felt weird.
I was clearly being treated different; my torture experience has rapidly been spread across the base departments. It was uncomfortable being seen as the "heroic prisoner of war" of the Task Force. So cringy... I just wanted that to be over.

Elise pushed my wheelchair and led me to my dorm, helping me out to move around. As I laid down on my bed, I finally felt the exhaustion and soreness washing over my body. She placed my duffel bag over my desk chair and checked my mini fridge. She pursed her lips, impressed.

- You got a mini fridge in your dorm? Excuse me, m'lady...! - she snickered.

- Ha-ha, very funny, Elise... That was Johnny's idea, I couldn't refuse.

- Really? Caramba...! He really went against the rules just to spoil you!

- He actually asked permission to Captain Price for such luxury... - my face felt hot.

- My dad allowed this?!? - her green eyes widened. - You're joking!!!

- Wait a moment... Did you just say that Captain Price is your father...?!?

- Yes, my adopted father!

- Apó tous Theoús!!! - I was bewildered. - I'm honestly shocked, I didn't know...

- Only a handful of people knows that. The story is a bit complex; one day I'll sit and tell you about it.*

- I will gladly listen to it! - I smiled. - And thank you for helping me.

- No problem! You did a lot more for me and my marriage. You can count on me for anything, okay?

I grinned warmly, realizing that Elise was willing to be friendlier with me. That gave a sense of relief; I didn't want to be in any sort of animosity with her while being part of the Task Force.
It wasn't because of her debatable personality; I'm fully aware of how borderline aggressive she could be if provoked or annoyed enough... But more because of her connection with Johnny and Ghost.

I paused for a moment, engulfing myself in thoughts.
In such short notice, my life turned upside down. Johnny showed up in my life with his charming crooked smile, his beautiful blue sea eyes and his unbeatable charisma. He became my dearest lover, the man that was making me smile... And then there was Ghost.

A mysterious man, a walking enigma with a heinous past and a lifelong list of unhealed traumas. A faceless soldier with a secret life. And even though he's "married" to Elise, he confessed having a crush... On me.
How to proceed with that information...? I wasn't even sure how I would be looking into his eyes from now on.

The remote possibility of imagining him touching me made my stomach flip and flutter with a weird excitement. I had no idea how he would look like under the mask, and that created a forbidden fascination that I couldn't shake it off of me.
My heart was pounding; physically aching for an unreachable man... I felt like Pandora coveting the box given by the gods, tempted to open it simply out of sheer curiosity; to
only to release problems and tragedies over people's heads.

It was 1:30 am, and my body was sore, nearly begging for some movement. I dragged myself out of my dorm, cautiously heading towards the tv lounge to watch anything that could get me distracted.
As I got into the lounge, the tv was on, and I could see that someone was already there watching a documentary. I sheepishly sat down on the couch, trying to avoid any disturbance.

- Excuse me, I'll just sit here for the time being...

- ...No problems.

I froze for a mortifying second as soon as I recognized that raspy voice with a british accent in a flat tone. I was frantic inside.
I slowly looked to my left, and my heart skipped a beat... It was Ghost.
My hands clenched over my knees, my nervousness creeping in. He was leisurely sitting on the couch, manspreading, not a care in the world. He was wearing his trustworthy skull balaclava, a grey drawstring pants and a black fitting shirt that was hugging his muscular physique. How a man covered from head to toe could stir up such lewd feelings out of me?

- ...Liking what you see? - he sneered, making me flinch.

- N-no, I wasn't staring or anything, I...!

- You were... But I won't hold that against you. - he subtlety shifted his hips in an inviting way.

- Bold of you to assume that I was staring at you maliciously...! - I hissed, feeling my face get hot.

- ...And you weren't? - he snickered.

- Certainly not in the way you're thinking!

- Then tell me... In what way then?

His stare was intimidating and enticing at the same time. I was bewildered, struggling to sound reasonable while his light brown eyes were studying me head to toe. I exhaled, my eyes flickered for a bit.

- ...Don't be so coy about that, Ghost. I heard your little confession at the hospital.

His eyes widened for a brief moment as if he was taken aback by my blunt response... He didn't have any idea that I could hear everything, despite the unconsciousness. He chuckled, amused by my nervous demeanor. He scooted closer to me, to the point his thigh touched mine. My heart was pounding; I didn't know what to expect. I could notice a malicious smirk formed underneath the balaclava.

- Is that so...? - he scoffed. - If you know what I want, what are you gonna do about it?

- I... I don't know yet. - I stuttered. - I didn't have the time to think about it.

- Hm... - he chuckled. - Then let me give you something to think about.

Ghost calmly reached for the hem of his balaclava and slowly started to lift it. I felt my breathing getting heavier; a weird eagerness taking over my whole body language.
That's when I saw it again: the strong and chiseled jawline riddled with small scars, the rosy and alluring lips hiding a smug smile; the provocative mixture of aggressiveness and softness in his features.
As he leaned closer, I stopped breathing. My heart was racing, my stomach did a funny flipping. I leaned back in the couch, expecting whatever from him. The warmth of his body was hellish; his natural scent was invading my senses... I was squirming.
To my surprise, he leaned back with a tea mug in his hand. I should be relieved that nothing happened, but I was in fact disappointed... What the hell...?

- ...Are you okay, Medi? - he asked, sipping his tea.

- No, I definitely am not okay, Lieutenant! Stop provoking me!

- I've done nothing... - he smirked, trying to hide his amusement by sipping his tea again.

- Then let's settle this like two adults, because I'm not into games!

- What d'you mean by that-! Hm~...

I simply lunged at him.
My lips desperately pressed against his, my still recovering body thrown over his broad torso. A vicious kiss that he reciprocated immediately; his tongue swirling in my mouth. Before he could react further to that bold move from my part, I quickly broke the kiss and backed away, completely disheveled, with swollen lips and trying to catch my breath. An awkward silence ensued between us, although his lustful expression was clear; he wanted more.

- ...This is a problem, Medi... - he was breathy.

- I did what I had to do, Lieutenant.

- ...Simon. Call me Simon.

- Okay... Simon.

- Much better. - he smiled, revealing his wild canines. - Now, what do I do with this...?

- Whatever the hell you want. - I retorted. - I hope your... "Cravings" are under control.

- Not really... - he mumbled while glancing at his bulge growing. - ...But I'll manage.

- Good. I'm sorry I can't go further than that. Everything feels very wrong already.

- No worries, Medi. I wasn't even expecting anything.

- Okay then. - I was trying to recompose myself. - I hope that what happened becomes a lifetime secret; you don't need to lose Elise and I don't lose Johnny.

- ...So it's true. Johnny asked you to be his girlfriend, yeah?

- Yes.

- Fuckin' hell... The irony. - he snickered while pulling the balaclava back down.

- I'd better go to sleep before things get out of control. - I stood up. - Once again, I apologize.

As I was leaving, he suddenly stood up and followed me towards the corridor. I knew what that demeanor meant; he was willing to sneak into my dorm for more. My heart was up to my throat; a fear of being caught was eating me alive. My body painfully arched as I felt his hand rest over my waist and he got ahold of my hand.

- ...At least let me help you, Medi...

- Efcharistó, Simon, but no need...!

- I insist. Let me help you.

I was about to protest, but my blood ran cold as I saw Johnny coming out of his dorm. I froze; my legs got wobbly, I was feeling panic stricken. Ghost gave a teasing squeeze on my waist before letting me go; I felt chills run up my spine.
Johnny walked towards me with a soft gaze, concerned with my well being. If he only knew...

- What are ye doing out of the bed? - he turned towards Ghost. - Is she unwell, LT?

- She was watching tv at the lounge when I was getting a cup of tea... I was helping her to go back to her dorm.

- Thank ye kindly, LT. I'll take it from here.

- ...No problem. - he backed away.

I supported myself on Johnny's arm as he helped me walk back to my dorm. Ghost promptly left, disappearing from our sight in a blink of an eye.
As I sat down on the edge of my bed, Johnny's gaze darted to the floor, as if he was trying to choose words. After a daunting silent moment, he decided to speak up.

- ...Did LT done something to you?

- No. He was being incredibly respectful. - I lied.

- Hm.

- What's the matter, Johnny?

- I just have a feeling that... - he paused. - I don't know; he may fancy ye somehow...

- He's married, love.

- That doesn't stop a man from fancying another lass, eh...

- So you're telling me that I have to worry about that with you...? - I raised an eyebrow.

- N-no, never! - he raised his hands in surrender. - You're my Mo' Leannan.

- I know he acts weirdly, but no need to be suspicious of Simon, love. He's loyal to Elise.

- I didn't know he let you call him 'Simon'...

- He sees me as a friend... Mostly because I saved his marriage.

- Oh, okay...! - he chuckled in a relieved tone. - Then is alright. I'll be sleeping here tonight.

- That's nice...! - I beamed up. - Just be careful to not be seen when you leave in the morning.

We cuddled and spooned on the bed; Johnny immediately fell soundly asleep. I was feeling restless, feeling guilty with the vivid taste of Ghost's kiss on my lips. That impulsive act may be costing more than I dared to bet on it...

***************************

*Elise is an OC from my first CoD fanfic "Skulls & Scars"; check it out once you get the chance! ☺️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.6K 960 45
This is a dark romance story about a girl named Ashley. The story will contain multiple topics that may not be your thing, please read the trigger wa...
25K 690 26
Samantha Hall is a highly skilled soldier who's been recruited into the Task Force 141 by her father, General Shepherd. She knows she'll have no prob...
4.4K 112 15
L.t Tristan "Hacker" Parker, gets the call from her old Captain, John Price to get her to come back to work for him. After some time she settles in w...
115K 2.5K 31
Working for Task Force 141 has provided tough challenges and even tougher choices as Y/N finds herself being shared by two men but after a traumatic...