You Are My Knight - Optimus P...

By tsun-dou

In the year 2007, 23 year old car mechanic, Kaede "Cade" Keli'i, is thrown into the world of Cybertronian pol... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE: PREVIEW
2007
- 2 -
- 3 -
- 4 -
- 6 -
- 7 -
- 8 -
2007 - EPILOGUE
2008 - INTERLUDE
- 11-
- 12 -
- 13 -
- 14 -
- 15 -
- 16 -
- 17 -
2010
The Beach Episode
The Camping Episode
1959
1960
2010 - Prologue
2011
- 25 -
- 26 -
- 27 -
- 28 -
- 29 -
- 30 -
- 31 -
- 32 -
Author's Note: YAMK is coming to TFcon LA!
- 33 -
- 34 -
- 35 -
- 36 -
- 37 -
- 38 -
- 39 -
2012
2014
- 42 -

- 5 -

356 21 3
By tsun-dou

Bootcamp was a nightmare. Not to mention the added secrecy surrounding Sector Seven. Because of that, it was a modified bootcamp where Kaede was expected to show up on time, being sent home after a long day of training. Despite it all, Kaede refused to let it get him down, working hard, exercising, and learning the proper combat skills to survive any incursion with the Decepticons, a side that Kaede still had yet to encounter firsthand.

"So you joined the military, is what I'm hearing," Charlie says, Kaede standing awkwardly in the empty garage. Kaede rubs the back of his neck with an apologetic look on his face.

"Yeah, not for benefits or anything it's just so-"

"You can be closer to the Autobots, I get it," Charlie sighs, throwing the wrench back into its toolbox. "You sure you can handle this?"

"I mean, you did," Kaede shrugs. "How about that story of you getting shot at by Decepticons, climbing a satellite tower and then diving into water full of wreckage?"

"Yeah, that last part was kind of dumb of me," Charlie replies quietly, embarrassed.

"Exactly! Now I want it to be my turn to do something stupid," Kaede says. Charlie shakes her head and laughs.

"Stupid enough to chase after Optimus?"

"I like him, Charlie, I mean REALLY like him," Kaede says.

"You're gonna get yourself killed, plus what if he doesn't like you back?"

"Tch, c'mon, everyone likes me," Kaede scoffs. "And besides, Optimus and I already got somethin in common, he's from Hawai'i, or landed there," he says. "He likes surfing, my cousin Kim taught him even."

"Sounds like a fun guy," Charlie replies with a smug look. Kaede's phone rings, its timer going off for him to go.

"I gotta go," Kaede says as he rushes out the door.

"Have fun getting tased and peppersprayed!" Charlie calls out. She watches as Kaede gets onto his motorcycle and speeds off into the distance. She then turns to open the back door, slightly ajar from earlier. "You hear that, Bee? You better head back to base," she says towards an old yellow Camaro. Bumblebee transforms and whirrs at her slightly. ~see you~ soon~ he sang. "I'll see you next week," she says, kissing Bee's cheek where he soon after transforms and drives off.

Kaede speeds down the road, heading towards base for yet another session of training. He couldn't wait for it to be over so he could start his real training. He was going to be mentored by Ratchet to learn how to repair Cybertronians in case anything ever bad happened. And so Ratchet had an extra pair of hands. As he slows down at the gates of the Sector Seven base, Bumblebee stops behind him and Kaede looks back for a moment before the two of them are let in. Kaede and Bee drive beside each other slowly.

"Where did you come from?" Kaede asks. ~That's classified~ his radio replies. "Were you that Camaro in the back?" he then says flatly. ~I plead the 5th!~ "Don't tell Optimus about what I said earlier," he sighs. He then chuckles. "Can't believe you were hanging with Charlie." The two drove into the hangar, going their separate ways, Kaede turning off his engine and taking his helmet off.

"Here early as always," Nathan says, approaching him. "You ready for another day of training?"

"Yeah, although Charlie said something about me getting tased and peppersprayed?" Kaede asks.

"Tsk- Ah, she ruined the surprise, guess she knows more about bootcamp then you," Nathan says.

"Surprise?!" Kaede exclaims, the two walking down the hangar. Nathan only laughs, walking down to the combat room once again. As they walk down, they pass by Optimus, who Kaede steals a glance at, his eyes landing on him. Optimus is currently busy speaking to Ironhide over something, from what it looks like it has something to do with weapons with the way the two are examining an ion blaster. Optimus' optics catch Kaede's and Kaede quickly looks away in embarrassment, face tinted slightly red at being caught.

"You crushing on the big guy, ah?" Nathan asks quietly. Kaede doesn't reply for a moment.

"Is it that obvious?" Kaede then sighs.

"Nah, just a cousin ting," Nathan hums. "You always liked guys like him, I remember," Nathan says. "Big, strong, gentle, deep voice," he then says, nudging him. "Although, robot's a new one."

"You think if he were human... he'd be kanaka?" Kaede then asked.

"I can see it," Nathan smiles. "Big guy with a big family, too."

"Stop, you're gonna make me crush on him more," Kaede groans, Nathan laughing at his younger cousin. The two reach the combat room, Lennox waiting for Kaede.

"Alright, you're here early as always. Good, suit up, we're going on a plane ride," Lennox says.

"Plane... ride?"

"Today you're gonna be jumping off a plane with a parachute, if the need for it ever rises, I want you to be ready," Lennox replies, throwing Kaede a backpack. Nathan gives a sympathetic pat on the back.

"Have fun," Nathan says before going off to his duties.

Training ended for the day and Kaede's body was aching. Not only did he have to hurl himself out of a plane, he had to land onto the ground without eating complete shit, he had to also be ready to go at a moment's notice right after. He was sore and bruised and ready to sleep in the barracks they provided him when he stayed especially late at the base. Luckily, it meant being able to spend more time with Optimus. Unable to sleep, mainly due to how sore his thighs were, he wanders out into the base, the place quiet and eery. The lights are dimmed, only on emergency lights when he sees Optimus sitting outside, looking up at the stars, the bay doors opened slightly.

Kaede walks over quietly before announcing his presence as he drew near.

"Hey," he calls out. Optimus looks down towards him for a moment, slightly startled before his optics dim.

"Hello, Kaede," Optimus says.

"Can't sleep?" Kaede asks. Optimus shakes his head.

"I'm afraid my mind is a bit too... occupied," he replies.

"Not a great place to be stargazing," Kaede says, looking up. "Too much light pollution here."

"I remember stargazing back on Oahu," Optimus says. "The view was so... clear there."

"Well, if you're able... I know a good place we can look, it's no Hawai'i but... there's no light pollution," Kaede shrugs. Optimus doesn't reply for a moment and instead transforms into his altmode. He opens the door without a word and Kaede hops in.

The two drive wordlessly, Kaede telling him directions now and then before eventually reaching him and Chris' home. As Kaede hops out, he motions for Optimus to follow him into the forest opening. Optimus takes a moment to transform, following Kaede through the brush into an open field full of fireflies.

"I come here when I can't sleep," Kaede calls out. "Here you can see the stars," he says, looking up. Optimus looks up as well and sees constellations he normally can't see back at base. "Lie down," Kaede then says to him. Optimus looks at him for a moment before eventually relenting and laying atop the grass, fireflies blinking in and out above him. His optics then focus on the night sky. Kaede sits beside his helm, hands splayed out behind his back as he looks up before laying down beside him.

"...Thank you for showing me this place," Optimus finally says.

"Anytime, Op," Kaede replies fondly. The two continue to lie there, watching the night sky until eventually falling asleep.

Kaede wakes up with dew on his face and a horrifically aching back, shivering. He sits up briefly, seeing the imprint of his body in the grass and a sleeping Optimus right beside him. He looks peaceful like this. The sun is barely beginning to rise and Kaede taps at Optimus' finial, hoping to wake him up not too rudely. Optimus' optics flicker online, blinking awake. He looks over to Kaede before sitting up slowly.

"We should probably get back to base," Kaede says quietly. Optimus hums, his voice spitting out static for a moment before clearing up. Kaede took advantage of the fact he was home and made himself some hot tea, eggs and avocado toast before shoving it into his face so he didn't make Optimus wait too long. He bound outside, having taken a quick shower, throwing on a tanktop and jeans and got into Optimus who was already in his altmode. "Did you sleep well?" Kaede asks as the two drive back to base.

"I did, thank you for taking me there," Optimus replies. "If it's alright... I may come in the future if I am feeling restless," he then says quietly.

"You're always welcome at our place," Kaede replies. Despite Kaede being unable to see it, Optimus smiles at the gesture. The two make it to base, early in the morning before hitting any dreaded California traffic and the two go their separate ways as they reach the hangar. Optimus gives Kaede a fond look before heading to go wake up his Autobots for the day. Kaede, on the other hand, knew it was another day of training and dread filled his body, wondering when exactly he was going to be tased and peppersprayed. The anticipation was the worst part.

The next week had went normally, combat training, weapons training, occasionally looking at Optimus in passing, although ever since that night, he had been exceptionally chipper as a Prime could be.

"I don't get it, Optimus usually isn't in this good of a mood," Ironhide says aside one day to the other Autobots. "Think there's somethin' wrong with him?" he asks.

"C'mon, this is great! He needs a break and if he's happier, we're happier, right, Noah?" Mirage says aside to a fellow Sector Seven agent.

"My guess is that his good mood is connected to his recharging, wherever he goes off in the night to be so refreshed in the morning," Ratchet replies. As Kaede walks by, the Autobots look at Kaede for a moment before going back to their conversation. "I think someone showed him a good place," Ratchet continues, clearing his throat. Kaede has to stop the grin that grows on his face hearing that.

"So when you gonna tell him?" Nathan asks aside one day, the two having gone out to lunch at a place near the base. The two eat In-n-Out burgers, sitting in Nathan's car and Kaede picks at his fries.

"Tell him what?" Kaede asks innocently.

"Oh, c'mon, all the bots around base have been talking about it," Nathan replies, rolling his eyes. "Optimus has been a lot happier than normal and that says something. He may be gentle but he's been a lot grumpier," he says. "More serious. Stoic, that's the word," he says, snapping his fingers.

"I want him to tell me first," Kaede replies nonchalantly, popping a fry into his mouth.

"This again?"

"It's the same thing I've done with all my boyfriends in the past, I wait till he asks me! That way I know he's serious," Kaede retorts. "And I want this one to be serious, Nate."

"He's not like other boyfriends, I mean the guy's like older than all of us combined!"

"Then he'll do it when he's ready," Kaede shrugs, lighting a cigarette. "I don't mind waiting, it's only been a few weeks."

"You say this like you're certain he likes you," Nathan says.

"Hey, I feel it in my na'au," Kaede points. "And it's always led me right. 'Sides, he's been coming to my place every night to sleep."

"Oh, that's where he's been sleeping," Nathan says. "You show him the lil grove up there?"

"Yeah, he likes stargazing. Apparently, Kim took him once and he's been doing it for a while now," Kaede replies, he takes a moment to smoke before exhaling out the window. "What if he's like, the one, Nate?"

"Since when did you start believing in that soulmate crap?"

"When I met him," Kaede replies.

"You cheesy," Nathan scoffs.

"He is, too," Kaede shrugs. Nathan shot him a look. "He makes dad jokes!" he exclaims.

"'Course he does," Nathan laughs as he starts the truck. "Alright, I gotta get you back to base, I got a mission I gotta do," Nathan sighs.

"Another search?"

"We got a hit on a Cybertronian in Montana, I'm going with a squad to see if it's a refugee or Decepticon," Nathan replies.

"Stay safe," Kaede says.

"I'll keep you updated," he says. A pause. "You're gonna be a Sector Seven agent, it means you gotta be prepared for life or death," he says. "And it also means I won't come back one day, you gonna be ok with that?"

"I think so," Kaede says, taking another smoke and tapping the ashes outside.

"That better be a yes next time I ask, cus they're gonna make it official soon," Nathan replies. Kaede frowns, the cigarette already having reached its end, exhaling sharply. He puts it out and crushes it in the ashtray on the dashboard.

"I'll be ready."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.8K 1.3K 11
Rosalie Stalin was just a normal seventeen year old girl living a perfectly normal life. .that is until her mother passes away, leaving her entire fa...
3K 50 11
Follows Transformers: Age of Extinction. Kennedy Yeager was Cade Yeager's younger sister by four years. Kennedy helped take care of Tessa after her...
17.7K 353 13
(Optimus x OC) Estella Carpenter, an abused 17 year old girl, runs away from her abusive father to her neighbors, the Yeager's. She finds herself ru...
138K 3K 66
With both his parents missing when he was only three, Braedey Martin has to stay over with his cousin Sam Witwicky. After his cousin Sam left for col...