Ash the Dragon Specialist

By kurenohikari

"Tell me Ash, would you like me to teach you about pokemon? About how to take care of them? Cure them when th... More

When it all began
Growing up
Life Choices
A new friend
Of best friends and homesickness
There's more to training than just power
Are you ready?
Interlude: Ele's P.O.V
The evolution mystery
Finally, the trio is complete!
Jealousy and Friendship
Kalos - Mega Evolution Part I
Kalos - Mega Evolution Part II
I am back!
Kalos - Mega Evolution Part III
Kalos - Vacation
Back to School
Senior Year - Part I
Senior Year - Part II
Senior Year - Part III
An explosive start
Interlude II: Landon's P.O.V
A Grand Debut
The Rock Gym
Interlude III: Agni's P.O.V
The Encore
A Flame Ignited
The Grass Gym
A Rival Makes an Appearance
Having fun on stage!
New Beginnings
Adventures along the way
Still Standing
Hope and Fear
The Fighting Gym
One Deep Breath
Lake Valor
Nature's Collection
Tiger Lily
The Ghost Gym
Interlude IV: Aeolus' P.O.V
The Steel Gym
One Step Closer
PokeRinger
The Ice Gym
The Water Gym
Twinleaf Festival
The Countdown Begins
Interlude V: Drako's P.O.V
The Electric Gym
The Grand Festival - Part I
The Grand Festival - Part II
Lily of the Valley Conference - Part I
Lily of the Valley Conference - Part II
Lily of the Valley Conference - Part III
Lily of the Valley Conference - Part IV
Aloha!
Home Sweet Home
The Trio Badge
The Journey Continues
The Basic Badge
Interlude VI: Astrape
The Insect Badge
Don't Poke the Sleeping Dragon
Matters of the Heart
Pokemon Club Battle Tournament - Part I
Pokemon Club Battle Tournament - Part II
The Bolt Badge
Interrlude VII: Bruce's P.O.V
The Quake Badge
Ruins
The Jet Badge
Interlude VIII: Ares' P.O.V
The Freeze Badge
Marigold's Choice
Mom! I'm Home!
The Legend Badge
Reports
Hoenn Grand Festival
The Ball of Dreams and Love
Eeveelutions Everywhere!
The Vertress Conference - Part I
The Vertress Conference - Part II
The Vertress Conference - Part III
The Vertress Conference - Part IV
The Vertress Conference - Part V
Dreams Come True
Interrlude IX: Nephele's P.O.V
And This Makes Ten
The Ghost Master
The Fighting Master
The Dark Master
The Psychic Master
Interlude X: Chione's P.O.V
The Champion
The Coronation
Apologies and Challenges
Breaking News!
The Grand Finale

The Pyramid

928 39 8
By kurenohikari

"What is that?" Celeste asked, stunned as a flying pyramid landed riight outside of Snowpoint. "And... is that Paul?"

Ash squinted his eyes at the running figure. "Yeah, that's Paul. Why is he running towards the pyramid? Since when do pyramids fly?"

"Since they belong to a Battle Frontier," a familiar voice answered from behind them. Ash and Celeste turned around with a smile, happy to see Reggie again. Quite peculiar that each borther gets very different reactions from the pair. "Hello Ash, Celeste, good to see you again."

"Hi Reggie," Celeste giggled.

Ash nudged her before flashing Reggie his Sunflora smile. "Hello, what's this Battle Frontier you mentioned?"

"I'm surprised you do not know about them Ash," Reggie raised an eyebrow. "The Battle Frontier is spread across the Kanto region and is owned and operated by Scott. It is an specialized league similar to the Idigo League, but much harder and only opened to those to have won a Pokemon Conference. The Trainers who earn a Symbol from each of the seven Frontier Brains are entered into the Battle Frontier Hall of Fame and can become Frontier Brains with their own battle facilities, if they so choose. Even if the offer is turned down, the possibility to accept it remains open indefinitely."

"Kanto had something like that?" Celeste sounded surprised.

Even Ash looked shocked by the information Reggie had shared. "First time I've heard about it. You know about it because..."

"Because I participated in it," Reggie sighed ruefully. "I won six of the seven symbols... but the Pyramid King Brandon defeated me. My brother had come to visit me and saw it happen. I think that me deciding to become a Pokemon Breeder afterwards affected him more than he knows. He became hellbent on become strong since."

Celeste raised an eyebrow at that. "Did you stop being a Gym Trainer because of Brandon? Because you lost?"

"No, I stopped because Brandon was right, I held no true passion for battles," Reggie shrugged. "I won a lot of battles, I was good... but I prefer taking care of pokemon and tending to them."

"Then, Paul should realize that. Especially, if you've told him. If he still remains unwilling to listen, that's on him not you," Ash tried to cheer him up.

Reggie smiled at the two, wishing that his brother could be more like them. "Thank you. Would you like to join me? I am following Paul and I am sure he is going to challenge Brandon for a battle."

Celeste and Ash nodded their heads and followed Reggie towards the flying pyramid. Just as Reggie had said, they had come just in time to hear Brandon accept Paul's challenge. Paul looked quite disgrunted when Brandon had invited the trio to observe the battle, after catching up with Reggie.

"That's a beautiful Altaria," Brandon commented, as he guided them inside. Eyes lingering on the preening Nephele. "Shiny pokemon are rare, specially when it comes to dragons. They tend to be preyed upon stronger and evolved dragons."

Ash smiled fondly, patting Nephele who purred under his trainer's touch. "I've had Ele since she was a young Swablu. I saved her from dragon poachers." That got a startled look from both brothers, as Brandon nodded with a grim expression, having deduced something similar. "We've been partners since."

"I am glad you've found each other," Brandon hummed. "You better take a seat, I've got a battle challenge to respond to." Brandon smiled, as he guidied Paul towards the battlefield.

Paul sent one last look towards Ash and Nephele before following the Pyramid King. Celeste, Ash, Nephele, and Reggie sat on the bleachers, excited for the upcoming battle. Brandon's approach was anything but lenient; his opening move was Regirock. On the opposite side, Paul selected Hariyama.

Celeste let out a startled exclamation, as her eyes widened. "This must be a joke... a Regirock?! That's a Legendary pokemon!"

"Brandon had the Regi Trio," Reggie chuckled. "Legendary pokemons are not that rare to see in the Battle Frontier Challenge. If anything it is quite a preference from the Frontier Brains."

Ash leaned forward with an anticipating grin. His demeanor notably influenced by his dragon's fierce determination. An essence of dragon-like intensity had crept into Ash's demeanor. "Battle Frontier, eh. I better get in contact with Scott as soon as I win a Pokemon Conference. I will be more than happy to challenge them."

Regirock initiated the fray, launching a Stone Edge, only to be met by Hariyama's resilient block. "Rock moves don't fare well against Fighting types," Paul remarked, his voice edged with determination. "Is this your way of testing us, Master Trainers love their trials."

Brandon's smile was enigmatic as he retorted, "You'll have to uncover that for yourself."

Paul's command echoed as Hariyama charged forth with Arm Thrust. However, an unexpected turn followed – Regirock encircled Hariyama, neutralizing his assault. A shockwave emanated from Regirock's grasp, inflicting substantial damage due to their close proximity. "Force Palm!" Paul ordered, but Regirock nimbly dodged it, retaliating with a potent Focus Punch that rendered Hariyama unconscious. Paul withdrew Hariyama with a furrowed brow. Brandon's Regirock was indeed formidable, his strength not to be underestimated.

Ash whistled impressed as Reggie winced at his little brother's swift loss. "A one-punch knock-out, damn. The Battle Frontier Challenge its looking more and more interesting by the minute."

"Next up is Electabuzz!" Paul's confident voice echoed.

"Why Electabuzz?" Celeste's perplexed inquiry hung in the air. "I am no Gym Trainer, but I can see how that is a bad idea."

The choice puzzled everyone except Ash, who chimed in, "He's aiming for Brick Break, super-effective against Regirock." Ash's prediction showcased his strategic insight. Yet, Regirock showed no signs of faltering. Stone Edge erupted again, forcing Electabuzz to Protect. The attack's ferocity shattered the defense, toppling Electabuzz. Paul's frustration was palpable, swiftly capitalized on by Brandon's Hyper Beam. Electabuzz's defeat was swift, and Paul recalled it. Brandon mirrored the recall, swapping Regirock for Registeel, while Paul reintroduced Magmar. The fire type was an astute choice against the steel type, a fact not lost on any of them. "Smart, that way Brandon won't have to worry about the cooldown-effect from the Hyper Beam."

"Magmar, Flamethrower!" Paul's command resounded, Magmar executing the move. To everyone's astonishment, Registeel endured the attack without flinching.

Ash for a second compared the Flamethrower to Charizard's and found it lacking. Ash giggled as he heard Nephele's chippering, it seems like he was not the only one thinking it. "I agree, baby girl."

"Execute Iron Head," Brandon's collected voice commanded, a stark contrast to Paul's agitation.

"Magmar, block it and use Will-O-Wisp!" Paul's orders were met with Magmar's flinch, hindering his countermove. Paul swiftly recalled Magmar, summoning Nidoking in his stead.

Celeste's confusion led her to question, "Why Nidoking? Steel types are immune to poison." But she quickly corrected herself. "Right, never mind, Nidoking is also a Ground type, which super-effective against Steel types."

Registeel retaliated with a Flash Cannon, striking Nidoking head-on. The impact was jarring, yet Nidoking swiftly recovered, launching a dual assault of Earth Power and Double Kick. These attacks rattled Registeel, the first to leave a noticeable impact on Brandon's lineup. Nidoking and Paul persisted, summoning Thunderbolt. Registeel countered, using Iron Head to absorb the electric onslaught, much to Ash and Celeste's interest- they will both be stealing that technique. Registeel's counterattack knocked Nidoking out of the battle.

Brandon's taunts only worked to make Paul angrier. Reggie in return frowned harder, his little brother was falling for the Pyramid Master's plan and he had not even realized it yet. After recalling Nidoking, Paul released Lairon, making Ash tilt his head with interest, he was not aware of Paul's newest catch. Even Celeste was interested in the Lairon, as her future step-father was known for his powerful Aggron.

"Lairon, you're up!" Paul's call marked the battle's continuation.

Celeste's Pokedex research added context to Lairon's appearance: 'Lairon, the Iron Armor Pokemon, dual-typed Steel/Rock, evolved from Aron. They feasts on iron ore and clashes to assert their territory.'

Brandon replaced Registeel with Regice, while Paul's Lairon initiated with Iron Defense. Lairon's strategic maneuvering aimed to seize the initiative. However, Regice's Ice Beam quickly froze the Steel-type before a Zap Cannon secured their defeat. Lairon's absence of offensive moves stunned them, testament to Brandon's unyielding approach.

"Brandon's not holding back; he's going all out," Ash observed.

"Did he battle this fiercely when you faced him?" Celeste's incredulous tone was hard to miss.

Reggie thought about if for a second before responding. "He was fiercer. He is holding back against Paul, he knows he is rookie no need to crush his spirit."

Ash snorted. "I think you and I have two very different ideas of what going easy means."

Paul's frustration was evident, his plight understandable. Ursaring took the field after Lairon's recall, launching into a Hammer Arm. Yet, Brandon's calculated counter, a Focus Punch from Regice, triggered a powerful shockwave that struck both combatants. Ursaring poised to retaliate with Focus Blast. However, the maneuver's futility became apparent as Regice's Zap Cannon struck first, paralyzing Ursaring. Paul then withdrew his pokemon. Brandon swapped Regice for Regirock, while Paul introduced Magmar for his final stand. A type disadvantage and glaring strength differential suggested Paul's uphill battle. Yet, Magmar and Paul's spirited fight were unmistakable.

As anticipated, Regirock shrugged off Magmar's Flamethrower, concluding the battle with a Shock Wave that vanquished Magmar. Brandon's resounding 6-0 victory over Paul left the latter in disbelief. Dumbfounded expressions crossed Celeste and Ash's faces.

"Paul," Reggie sighed when he saw his little brother march away after one final nod towards Brandon. "I will get going, good to see you again."

"Bye," Ash and Celeste echoed as they watch Reggie follow his brother.

Celeste turned to look at Ash, after a few minutes of silence. "I was expecting... I don't know, a vindictive comment or something. I know you hate the guy."

"I do not hate him," Ash sighed. "He just has a way to get under my skin and furstrate the Distortion World out of me." Celeste giggled at Ash's grimace. "I might have my own opinion and differences on Paul, but his courage to challenge Pokemon Masters and determination to get better and never give up, were something I admired. I know how to give credit where's due."

Celeste looked at Ash closely before smirking. Oh, if only Ash realized what was happening. Or maybe it's better not to, Celeste did not think either Paul or Ash were ready for emotions like that right now. Let the boys be boys and focus on their battles and pokemon. Celeste sighed, shaking her head in amusement. Just like Auntie Delia always says, girls are the ones that mature faster. We are the smarter ones.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

178K 2.8K 22
Ash Ketchum is a 7 year old kid back then, when a wild Usarang attacked him and Gary. He fought the pokemon and unlocked his aura abilities. And with...
183K 4K 130
Ash and Serena. Two who have met each other before as a child in a somewhat romantic experience, even if only one of them saw it as that. Serena is...
52.2K 1.3K 55
The Sinnoh region holds many tales about the great and beautiful Cynthia, the reigning Champion. She was renowned for being a Dragon Master, and her...
1.3K 82 15
In this story male main character is Satoshi( Ash) Ketchum and female main character is Serena Yvonne In this story one boy who live in pallet town...