RIDE OF A LIFETIME [COMPLETED...

By humairah_tajs

Romantic but broken, Ziyad applies to be Hidaya's driver after getting laid off his job. Hidaya A lady who ne... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chaper 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Epilogue🤍

Chapter 16

153 18 3
By humairah_tajs

Hidaya

I wasn't sure what he had in mind and I kept trying to guess. He must have thought I was scared or something because he said.

"It won't take long I promise." He said reassuringly.

If only he knew I've never felt unsafe with him. If it were anyone else I'd be trying to jump out the car by now but him? There was just something about his presence that made me feel safe and at ease.

I approve of his request and he smiles like a child that was given candy. I smile at that with my head down.

We arrived at a place that seemed like an ice cream shop. It looked so pretty and Inviting, the vibrant colors of the paint pulling you in almost like a magnet. He parks the car at the reserved spot before unbuckling his seat belt.

"I hope you like ice cream." He asks still smiling.

I didn't know when I also started smiling widely.

"I love ice cream." I say surprisingly still looking at him.

This is the longest I've looked at him, I've always just glanced at him but never really looked at his face. But now that I did, I didn't regret it.

The black shirt he wore plus the white cap complimented his light chocolate skin. He had a deep stubble that wasn't too long. And his nose was...

I realized the "look" was turning into a state so I almost immediately look away.

"Let's get going then." He chuckles and it was the best thing I've heard all day.

He gets out of the car before me but waits until I was also out before we walked in together.

We walk to the ice cream show case and there were so many flavors I didn't even know which to choose. This place is amazing! I don't know how I've never heard about it. The interior made everything on the outside seem lame even with all the decor.

"Wani flavor kike so?" He asks looking down at me. I say looking down because I never noticed the height difference between us this much until now that he was standing not so far from me. I felt like an elf. If I'm to exaggerate somewhat like Gandalf and Frodo.

I look inside the showcase readin in all the names. Mango, strawberry, bubblegum,raspberry,blueberry mix, mint chocolate chip, vanilla, you name it.

"Take your time." He says chuckling again and for what felt like the thousandth time, I felt my cheeks heat up.

"I'll take Vanilla with a side of chocolate please." I say smiling at the worker that was standing behind the showcase waiting for us.

"Big cup or medium?" The worker asks.

"Big please." Ziyad says before I could point to the small cup. He looks at me "do you want any toppings?"

"Nope that's all thank you." I say.

"You're sure?" He asks, his eyebrows slightly raised.

"Yeah, that's all." I say.

"Okay then, let me have the mango in medium please." He picks.

The worker places both our cups on the counter beside the show glass before typing stuff into the computer. He hands the receipt to Ziyad and nods saying thank you.

"I'll be right back." He says to me before going to the cashier to make payment. That was when I realized, what if I was putting unnecessary burden on him? I didn't even argue on the cup size, I could've gotten a small cup but instead he got me the big cup which must be expensive. I felt embarrassed.

He returns to me and picks up our cups and hands me mine. I take it with a smile that seemed like I was about to cry.

"Come with me." He ushers and we walk to the other end of the shop that had a door that lead outside.

We go up a staircase that revealed an even more beautiful place. The open space had a huge canopy that gave the place a beautiful shade, there were dark grey and black chair with tables. A few fake flowers and to top it all the perfect view. The time was four twenty something and the sun was beginning to cuddle into the clouds about to set giving the place a beautiful ambience. There was a cool breeze blowing that made my hijab flap a bit, not too much, not too little. Just perfect.

And then there was Ziyad. He pulls out a chair for me and I sat down still admiring the view.
He sits opposite me and follows my eyes to the sunset.

"This place is beautiful." I say.

He smiles, his teeth showing. Scratch the view, his smile is perfect.

________________________________

Ziyad

"This place is beautiful" she says before lookin go at me.

But what I found more beautiful was how the sunlight was shining on her skin making it look like glitter. Her radiant smile, the glorious look in her eyes, the way the cool breeze was blowing made it feel like time slowed down.

She looks away and I lower my gaze feeling a bit embarrassed.

"Try the ice cream." I say taking a spoon from mine.

She does the same taking a big chunk. Her eyes shimmered as the flavor started settling. She smiles.

"I love it." She says taking another spoon.

If she's gonna smile like this every time she gets ice cream by Allah I'll get it everyday for her until I run out of money.

I look down at my cup, taking another spoon. So did she, she'd take a spoon then look at the view beside us. How can someone be so beautiful Masha Allah?

"So...what are your hobbies?" I ask trying to make a comfortable atmosphere.

"Not much, I mostly watch movies or crochet while listening to podcasts. Or doing anything with Yusra." She says smiling at the mention of her sister.

"Yusra is so...energetic Masha Allah." I say and she laughs.

She laughed, ya Allah.

"Where do I even begin, Yusra is just something else. She's always causing trouble. And do you know what's funny?" She asked me moving her spoon around as she talked.

This is the most she's ever said to me. I smile shaking my head in a no to answer her question.

"Whenever she does something, she'll hide in a place where you can see her but not see her. Like she hides in a way that you'll only see her head. That's how you know she's done something. Few weeks ago this kid went into the kitchen without any of us knowing and guess what she did! She spilled palm oil all over her body. She was covered in it! Her hair her pink dress! Ya Allah I had to wash it off her before mama saw it. And the funny part was how she left tiny rat like foot prints to my room." She kept laughing as she told me making me laugh with her.

"May Allah bless her, she's so cute." I say.

"She really is. My favorite human." She looks down playing with the rim of the ice cream cup.

"What class is she in now?" I try to prolong the conversation.

"She's about to start Primary 1." She smiles proudly.

"That's great Masha Allah. A big girl." I say and she laughs with a nod.

"What about you? Any siblings?" She asks and it was now my turn to smile proudly.

"Yes, Noor my younger sister. She's a grown up tho. Married with a kid." I say

"That's so cool, boy or a girl?" She asks leaning in with her arms supporting her face.

This small gesture made my heart smile.

"A boy, Nabil. Let me show you his picture." I pull out my phone and cahow her his picture.

Her face lights up at the sight of him. "Can I have him?" She asks genuinely and I laugh.

"Hes so cute Masha Allah I just want to take him." She says with puppy eyes.

"You can have him." I say and we both laugh.

My phone vibrates, it was the alarm I set earlier to remind me of the time so we didn't get late. I internally thanked myself for setting it because had I not, I honestly wouldn't remember something called time.

"We should get going ko?" I say and she nods grabbing her phone and getting up.

We make our way back into the shop and were about to step out when I remembered something.

"Uhm...Hidaya here's the car key I'll be right back I need to grab something." I say handing her the keys.

"Okay no worries." She says taking it.

I go back and buy three big cups of ice cream. One a mix of chocolate and vanilla, one plain vanilla and then a cup of mango ice cream rolls.

I get into the car and find her in the front seat making me subconsciously smile.

"Here" I say handing her the bag of ice creams and she looks at me confused taking it anyway.

"For you, mama and Yusra. I think you'll love the mango rolls." I say.

She opens her mouth to say something but nothing comes out, looks at the bag before looking at me with a smile.

"Thank you Ziyad, I really appreciate it." She said.

I smile and buckle up, I start the car and open up the sunroof. The sun was still up and I wanted to get some light and fresh air.

She reaches for the radio but then pauses to look at me as if asking for approval.

"Please, feel free." I say.

We got on the road as she switched between the stations until she finally settled on one.

"This is Jam station where we bring you nothing but the best, now playing lonely roads by Nait. Enjoy!"

A lady'a voice exclaimed through the speakers. I'm familiar with the song so I turn up the volume just enough for you to hear with the winds.

The gentle beats of the song, the sun about to set, fresh breeze and then this beautiful creation of Allah. I glance at her, she was looking out the window with her arm supporting her face.

What a perfect way to end the day.

"Silhouettes and my coffin
I won't break, they used to call me
Heaven sent, but now I'm going back to where I started off"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.7K 411 24
Forced to marry her childhood crush after she just found her true love, how will zahra cope with this. ABEG JUST READ TO FIND OUT. I'm bad at descrip...
393 44 9
He was once betrayed in love and thought true love does not exist and thought to never be the victim again.He thought all girls are same but she prov...
26.6K 1.8K 22
Zoya had love in her life and life in everything she did. She had known only smiles and innocence. But her life takes a complete turn at a point whic...
39.3K 3.8K 113
*First love is a little foolish and a lot of curiosity* A feeling that grew up with her and within her, that was never acknowledged nor rewarded from...