๐ƒ๐ž๐š๐ญ๐ก ๐ˆ๐ฌ ๐๐จ๐ญ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž...

By olive_shin

โ You brought life to me. Now let me fight for yours. โž โคท ๐˜–๐˜Š ๐˜น ๐˜—๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฌ ๐˜”๐˜ฐ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜ฆ A student who had n... More

Note
Arc 1
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
New Year Special
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Bonus
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 50.5
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 54
Bonus
Arc 2
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Bonus
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87

Chapter 53

578 55 12
By olive_shin

a/n: alright, through unanimous agreement, this will continue without regard to the manga ppft. i will just update things in chapters that align with a manga chapter (when they come out) only if i like that version more than the manga. then from this point on, everything is novel-canon :)

oh, but i will let this book sit for a week after this arc ends so i can take a quick break from writing!

 ∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

[ Park Moondae's POV ]

Youngrin announced something about family content. It was something that could never be missed in the last episode of any audition.

Of course, because I have no family, I just idled on the side and moved on.

"There will be a lot of crying scenes."

I recalled how, during the filming, Raebin had cried so hard while watching his grandmother's video letter that his eyes were swollen for the rest of the next day.

This was something filmed in front of the other team members, so naturally, I was seen comforting them. But it wasn't just me. 

Cho Seungmin also only had the role of patting others' backs. He didn't get a video letter from any family member.

"Did he really run away from home or something?" 

His cousin did say that his own father didn't even know where he was living.

But he seemed close with his cousin, so I thought he would at least get a video from her.

"It's all over now."

An unexpected voice threw my thoughts away. It was Lee Sejin, the former child actor.

"Well, the program will be over soon," I answered moderately.

His expression turned grim.

"You're debuting, so it's not over for you. Is that what you're saying?" he remarked.

"Why is this bastard suddenly picking a fight?"

I felt weight on my shoulder, but I didn't bother to turn around, knowing it was Seungmin.

Lee Sejin A flinched. 

"Sejin hyungnim," Seungmin smiled. His voice was icy warm. "What are you trying to say?"

Despite that, Lee Sejin A held his ground.

"...It must be nice," he murmured before going to the corner in a depressed state. I decided not to react. If anyone had the time to care about others in this situation right before a final ranking announcement, they would be pushovers.

"Seungmin," I sighed. As usual, he got off when I showed a sign of discomfort. I was grateful he at least did that.

"Move to Area B!" the staff called out to us. "Go!"

The contestants all moved in a hurry with stiffened faces.

When we got on the stage, everyone tried their best to stay standing. It was a lot of pressure that thousands of people were staring at us without any music to distract them.

Fifteen minutes passed, and the MC was just dragging out the process. I could only assume it was because people were still voting; I heard in my past life that the votes hit over a million, so it was no surprise that the producers were still counting.

"Idol Inc., the final stock ranking combined the investments from the internet and live broadcasts!" the MC finally announced. "7th place is announced now!"

I could practically feel the participants' bodies hardening to rocks beside me.

"He's a participant who has received attention for his leadership and outstanding skills."

My face appeared on the screen, along with Ryu Chungwoo and Keun Sejin. I tried not to look ridiculous because of my confusion, but compared to the others, it looked like I had no expectations in my eyes.

Several people in the audience laughed.

"Congratulations...Lee Sejin B!"

His eyes widened as the screen focused on him.

Countless handshakes and congratulations poured out from other participants, and I gave a light high-five.

With a reddened face, he stood next to the MC and gave his speech. Then he ended it with some aegyo and went up to the podium.

"You're really debuting," I thought somewhat warmly. I deduced it as preferring to debut with someone I knew and calmly waited for the next ranking announcement.

It felt like another 15 minutes passed.

"6th place is...Ryu Chungwoo!"

I thought his ranking fell a little, but it was what I had expected. Seungmin and some others congratulated him nicely.

He shed tears for the first time as he went up to the stage. It looked like he really didn't expect it.

While he walked up to the podium, I applauded from the bottom of my heart this time as well.

And then, 5th place.

"Kim Raebin! Congratulations!"

Raebin was so nervous that he couldn't even say 'thank you' properly to those who congratulated him. He staggered onto the podium.

But contrary to his jitteriness earlier, he gave a long, calm speech that sounded like a statement. 

"...So the skill I've been developing lately is vocal. I will pay more attention to my communication skills in the future so I can play my role as the member of the group in any situation with a more accomplished appearance..."

It continued like this until he finally said, "Once again, I would like to thank the shareholders for investing in me. And Grandma and Grandpa, I love you."

Then he handed the microphone back to the MC with trembling hands.

Next was 4th place.

"4th place is...Seon Ahyun! Congratulations!"

His face, which appeared white on the screen while placed with other contestants, quickly turned red.

Surprisingly, he didn't cry while everyone congratulated him. I ended up hugging him because the others did.

"I-I am lacking a lot. T-the shareholders who trusted and s-supported me...to my friends, really...Thank you so much. M-more...I'll be a person you'll b-be more proud of. Thank you."

He quickly handed the mic. The tears he held back so well flooded out as he climbed up the podium. Keun Sejin laughed and patted him on the back as they congratulated each other.

Honestly, it felt strange to see a guy that didn't debut originally go up to that stage. But I was satisfied.

"Because Seon Ahyun is a good guy."

There weren't many participants left. I glanced at Seungmin who was standing next to Cha Eugene. The other surrounding contestants were biting their lips, knowing who would be called up next.

"And in 3rd place is...Oh, Cho Seungmin!"

The first person to congratulate him was Cha Eugene. He spoke to him in English joyfully as Seungmin walked away. Since Seungmin didn't talk to many others, the remaining participants simply clapped for him.

He walked to me.

"Congratulations," I smiled.

He smiled back and went up to the stage.

"First of all...thank you to the shareholders that placed me up here. Your support helped me believe in myself and work harder. And as for my peers--" he glanced my way-- "who made this entire process fun despite the tough practices...thank you."

It was a good speech, short and sweet.

I clapped with a smile as I watched him stand on his podium.

And then, only the announcement for the first and second place was left. I wasn't worried that I would be eliminated because no other candidates were left.

"Second place is a good spot."

Cha Eugene and I were called up to the stage.

"Hyung, congratulations," I heard Gold 2 say as I walked past. His words were sincere, but he was trying hard to be strong.

I just patted him on the back a few times and moved on.

Cha Eugene, who was already on stage, looked excited. We shook hands as the MC began asking questions to drag it out.

"The two of you, what do you think when you see the opposing candidate competing for first place?"

"It's really cool!" Cha Eugene immediately grinned.

The MC laughed and continued, "Do you think you'll win first place today?"

"I don't know, but getting first place would be nice!" 

Cha Eugene raised his thumb.

He really was a character people would be fond of. He sounded at ease enough to feel relaxed but not enough for people to hate him for joking around.

"I see~" the MC smirked. "Then let's now hear from participant Park Moondae. How do you feel when you see him?"

I took the microphone from the red-haired boy.

"He's a good friend. I can't believe I was mentioned together with him."

"What a humble statement...But first place...How about it? Do you see a possibility?"

I shook my head and replied, "It seems difficult. To be honest, second place is also higher than my goal, so I'm just grateful."

I'm not sure why, but people laughed when I said it was difficult.

"Ah, but won't you regret coming out to be second place?"

"Well, I'd appreciate it if I win."

"I see," the MC finally concluded. "Ladies and gentlemen, that was the resolution of Park Moondae~"

After some more ad-lib, the MC announced that the first-place winner would be told after a commercial.

I could hear clear curses being shouted by the audience.

On the other hand, Cha Eugene talked enthusiastically to me about how it would be fun to debut together.

I sucked it up and dealt with it as I tiredly waited for the ads to finish.

And finally,

"The long-awaited first-place announcement of Idol Inc...!"

There was a drumroll.

"Park Moondae!"

It wasn't what I expected.

I got first place.

I lowered my head to hide my face just in case because I realized that...

"It feels good."

The taste of achievement was thrilling.

"Congratulations!" Cha Eugene said as he gave lots of hugs.

I gave one back as I reached for the microphone. I think I was drunk with adrenaline. Words that I didn't calculate to say ended up pouring from my gut.

"Honestly, my goal was just to debut. I really wanted to...and I had to...So I didn't even think about winning first place. I think deep inside, I thought my debut was already too good for me."

I took a breath to slow down.

"But...it feels nice to win. Thank you to everyone who invested in 'Park Moondae.'"

Screams broke out from the stage, as well as small bursts of laughter.

I felt good.

"Really, I feel good."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73K 3K 20
โš ๏ธ || ITS A WORK OF PURE FICTION. THE MENTIONED IDOL HAS NO CONNECTION IN THE FOLLOWING ACT. PLEASE READ ONLY AS ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSE ||โš ๏ธ "If there...
251K 9.6K 38
In this story; your family has decided to move to South-Korea to give you better education. That's their opinion. You don't like to move there becaus...
6.3K 214 6
#Bl #Smut #Don't like don't read or else enjoy. System 003 "Happy Ending for Villains", first time having a host, worked in 1016 worlds with it's hos...
141K 3.5K 8
When you (reader) got in a fight with Park Jimin and was in an accident which, slowly rebuild the love that you once had. Completed [โœ”๏ธ]