When You Look Me In The Eyes...

By AnimeLoverMurillo

~ Inspired by the song When You Look Me in The Eyes by Jonas Brothers ~ 🎶When you look me in the eyes, And t... More

Vannesa Blake
🌸 Chapter 1: Encounter🌸
🌸 Chapter 2: Donnie's Gift🌸
🌸 Chapter 3: War and Pizza🌸
🌸 Chapter 4: Newsworthy🌸
🌸 Chapter 5: Repo Mantis🌸
🌸 Chapter 6: Down With The Sickness🌸
🌸 Chapter 7: The Fast and the Furriest 🌸
🌸 Chapter 8: Mascot Melee🌸
🌸 Chapter 9: Shell in a Cell🌸
🌸 Chapter 10: Bug Busters🌸
🌸 Chapter 11: The Longest Fight🌸
🌸 Chapter 13: The Gumbus🌸
🌸 Mrs. Cuddles 🌸
🌸 Stuck On You 🌸
🌸 Al Be Back 🌸

🌸 Chapter 12: Homecoming Redo🌸

327 8 7
By AnimeLoverMurillo

While Vanessa was painting her nails and getting her hair done, feeling giddy cause the boys decided to surprise her with an invitation to her very own homecoming. Meanwhile the turtles were working on decorating their lair into the most amazing homecoming night for Vanessa, since she couldn't go to hers and be with April they decided to bring Homecoming to her. In addition, to make up for April's homecoming experience. Donnie got working on plugging the right wires to the speakers and DJ set up, Mikey whipped up some amazing decorations and got to placing them all around the lair, with Raph's help. Finally, Leo got done setting up the disco ball and was seeing if his tux still fit him.

Leo: Perfect fit for a handsome turtle if I do say do myself
Donnie: Hardly, hey wait a minute!! Where's ours?!
Leo: Eh~ they got delayed for some reason
Donnie: Liar!!! You didn't get out at all!!
Leo: We all know that I'm more suited for the role of the date for Neo
Donnie: We agreed we take turns
Leo: No we didn't, you didn't sent her a "Will you go to homecoming with me?" Question
Raph: Oh yeah, I remember what Leo did

~ EARLIER ~

Vanessa was making some tea for Splinter that something hit her head as she looked down and saw a piece of candy on the counter.

Vanessa: Oh~ my favorite!! Lindt Lindor Truffles Peppermint White Chocolate~ these are limited edition~

[Narrator: I'm gonna be honest, living in Texas is hell because of the heat, but I want winter to roll in so I can get my hands on those limited edition peppermint white chocolate truffles so badly!!!!]

While she munch on a piece of candy, she spotted another and another, until she heard someone cleared their throat to catch her attention as she looked up to see Leo standing on a pile of boxes as he pulled the rope. The banner dropped and it says "Will you go to homecoming with me" with confetti flying around them, this made Vanessa stare in awe as she smiles and screamed.

Vanessa: Yes Leo!!! I will go with you~!!! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH~!!
Leo: And I love you too, my foxy girlfriend

~ PRESENT ~

[Record Scratch]

Donnie: She did not say that
Leo: You weren't there~
Donnie: Yes I was!! And I know exactly how it went down. I graciously walked up to her and asked
Leo: No you didn't, because I did!!
Donnie: No you didn't!!!
Raph: I know exactly how it happen for Donnie~!!!

~ EARLIER ~

Vanessa was polishing Leo sword when Mikey came in with a humongous canvas as he pained and created a splatter of art that covered the entire canvas including getting paint all over himself and Vanessa.

Vanessa: Mikey!! What did I say about getting paint all over- [gasp] Oh my~

Vanessa saw the amazing artwork of herself and Donnie dancing, while being surrounded of beautiful cherry blossom petals. Donnie flies in as he holds Vanessa's hand, and hands her a bouquet of flowers.

Donnie: M'lady, will you do me the honors of coming with me to your very own homecoming?
Vanessa: [smile] Yes!! Yes Donnie I will go with you!! [hugs Donnie] You the most handsomely gorgeous genius in the whole wide world!!!
Donnie: I know I am

~ PRESENT ~

[Record Scratch]

Leo: No way!! She didn't say that!!
Donnie: Don't be jealous that she called me a genius and not you
Leo: [rolls his eyes] Oh brother
Donnie: So did you guys invited April? Or did you forget?
Raph: Nope, she's on her way!! Which is good, right?
Donnie: Yes! And we are all aware that only and "ONLY" Nessie will tell April about who she is, got it?
Mikey: Got it!! I can't wait till they get reunited~!!! Best friends unite
Donnie: Everything has to go accordingly or else Nessie won't feel comfortable with telling her about her real identity. Got it?
Raph/Leo/Mikey: Got it!!
Donnie: Now let's add the finishing touches so that we can fetch our lovely fox to Homecoming
Raph: And give the both of them a Homecoming they deserve

While the boys were adding the finishing touches, Vanessa was putting on the finishing touches on herself, as she put the necklace on and she and April always wears. She smiled and slipped her heels on, she walked up to the mirror and admired herself as she dusted the dress. She heard a knock on the door and walked up to open it, only to see Mikey wearing a tux with a tie that matches his bandana.

Mikey: M'lady, your homecoming awaits
Vanessa: Why thank you, Michelangelo

Mikey escorted Vanessa, and pulled the curtains as she stood there in awe of the lair decor for the homecoming. So many star shapes around, blue, red, orange, and purple balloons, a disco ball, DJ booth, and a big dance floor in the center. Vanessa walked to the dance floor and smiled so big that she almost cried, she even spotted a crown and a tiara on a podium too with Leo, Raph, and Donnie standing next to it.

Leo: Welcome, Vanessa to your very own homecoming~
Vanessa: You guys, this is so beautiful, I love it
Raph: And it gets better! Because we have a special guest
???: Hey you guys!!

Vanessa looked back and saw April coming out from the pipes that lead to the outside world, this made Vanessa feel stunned but happy at the same time. April was wearing a dress and came running to the dance floor while hugging Nessa.

April: Nessa~!! Hey!! You're here to celebrate homecoming too? This is your first time, right?
Vanessa: Oh~ well yeah! It is
April: So what are we waiting for? Let's dance!!
Leo: Exactly, oh and my dear Neo. Will you do me the honors of dancing with me? The handsomely gorgeous Leonardo
Vanessa: [giggles] Of course, Leo
Leo: Hit it!! Mikey!!

[ Song: September by Earth, Wind, & Fire]

Leo lead Vanessa to the dance floor while Mikey took April to the dance floor and they all danced to the music, smiled, and laughed together as they enjoy the night together in their own Homecoming dance. It wasn't long till Donnie swooped in and snatched Vanessa away from Leo and danced with her, the song changed to "Let's Groove" by the same artist as Donnie and Vanessa dance to the music. April joined in and they were enjoying the music and smiling, Vanessa saw April smiling and that made her heart flutter at the thought of how April and her always enjoyed singing and dancing together. That's when Vanessa had an idea, and ran off to ask Mikey if he could play a song she wanted to request for him to play. He nodded as she ran back to the dance floor, and got ready for the song to play. It didn't take long until April heard it play as she smiled big and grabbed Nessa's hands.

April: OH MY GOSH!!! THIS SONG IS ME AND VANESSA'S JAM!!!!

[Song: Girlfriends by Boys World]

[April O'Neil/Nessa]

You know girls stan girlfriends over boyfriends
This is Boys World, yeah, yeah
So I know you better know what it is

[Nessa]
When we started out, we both were so obsessive
All over me, I was all over you
But lately, baby, you've been gettin' too possessive

[April O'Neil]
All over me when I'm not with you
Every time I'm hangin' with my girls
You're actin' like I'm hangin' with the boys, oh yeah
We didn't have a problem in the world
Until you started makin' noise, yeah

[April O'Neil/Nessa]

I roll with my best and you already know
That if they ain't impressed, you're gonna have to go
So if you're gonna press me and treat me like a
Exit to the left, yeah, they'll show you the door (Yeah, yeah, yeah)

Baby, I could love you or love you not
Hope you're down with the friends I got
But if you're not, gotta cut you off
'Cause you know girls stan girlfriends over boyfriends
(Nessa: Girlfriends over boyfriends)
You know girls stan girlfriends over boyfriends

[Nessa]

(Listen) Here's for any other guy who's gonna try me
Never gonna leave my girls, they're stickin' by me
Want this, new and shiny
Boy best treat them kindly
If you wanna be part of my view
You gotta know that they part of the deal

[April O'Neil/Nessa]

I roll with my best and you already know
That if they're not impressed you're gonna have to go
So if you're gonna press me and treat me like a
Exit to the left and they'll show you the door (Yeah, yeah, yeah)

Baby, I could love you or love you not
Hope you're down with the friends I got
But if you're not gotta cut you off
'Cause you know girls stan girlfriends over boyfriends
Baby, I could love you or love you not
Hope you're down with the friends I got
But if you're not gotta cut you off
'Cause you know girls stan girlfriends over boyfriends
You know, you know, you know
You know girls stan girlfriends over boyfriends

Say you wanna be, say you wanna be
Say you wanna be my boyfriend
Boy, you gotta know how it's gonna be
'Cause you know girls stan girlfriends over boyfriends

The turtles cheered as April and Vanessa laughed, but to Donnie shocked when they finished singing Vanessa changed to a human for a short while until it revert back to her Arctic Fox form. This made Donnie think for a couple of minutes until he thought of a solution to help Vanessa get back to her human form, while the others enjoyed the party. April and Nessa chatted and talked until a slow song started playing, this made Leo straight up his tux as he walked up to Nessa and smiled, making April smile and hold back from squealing like a fangirl.

Leo: My dear Fox, may I have this dance?
Vanessa: Of course

Vanessa got up from the beanbag, as she walked to the dance floor with Leo holding her close as they dance to the song.

[Song: Beside You By Keshi]

Leo: I must say, I lava you so much that my heart erupts like a volcano
Vanessa: [giggles] Oh Leo, thank you boys for making this the best Homecoming night ever, I really appreciate it. I don't deserve it since I do have a home
Leo: Neo, you're more than welcome to our lair, you deserve so much more than that... And someday, your parents will understand the situation you're in... [caress her cheek] We'll be there for you, I'll be there for you... We'll take things one step at a time, starting with April

Vanessa looked at April as she was slow dancing with Raph, she looked up and smiled at them. While Vanessa smiled back, she pulled out the necklace she was wearing and admire it as she looked up into Leo's eyes.

Leo: You can do it, I know you can. If you don't want to tell her it's fine and-
Vanessa: No... I have to, if I don't... When will I

When the music ended, Vanessa walked up to Mikey and asked if he could play another song that she remembered singing to April when they were in middle school. She told him to wait for her signal until she finished talking to April, she build up the courage and walked up to her.

Vanessa: April, there's something I've been meaning to tell you from the day we first met, I've been hiding this secret for a while and I didn't know how I could tell you, but I hope this song will remind you of what it means to me and how you were always a true friend to me
April: Huh? What are you talking about?
Vanessa: You'll find out soon... Mikey!
Mikey: Oh! Right!! True Friends~

[Song: True Friends by Hannah Montana]

[Vanessa Blake]

We sign our cards and letters BFF
You've got a million ways to make me laugh
You're lookin' out for me; you've got my back
It's so good to have you around

You know the secrets I could never tell
And when I'm quiet you break through my shell
Don't feel the need to do a rebel yell
'Cause you keep my feet on the ground

You're a true friend
You're here 'til the end
You pull me aside
When something ain't right
Talk with me now and into the night
'Til it's alright again
You're a true friend

You don't get angry when I change the plans
Somehow you're never out of second chances
Won't say "I told you" when I'm wrong again
I'm so lucky that I've found

A true friend
You're here 'til the end
You pull me aside
When something ain't right
Talk with me now and into the night
'Til it's alright again

True friends will go to the end of the earth
'Til they find the things you need
Friends hang on through the ups and the downs
'Cause they've got someone to believe in

As Nessa was singing, she didn't realized that her form was changing and April stood in shocked as Nessa unveiled that she was truly Vanessa Blake, her missing best friend.

[Vanessa Blake]

A true friend
You're here 'til the end
You pull me aside
When something ain't right
Talk with me now and into the night
No need to pretend
(You're a true friend)

You're a true friend
You're here 'til the end
You pull me aside
When something ain't right
Talk with me now and into the night
'Til it's alright again

You're a true friend

After Vanessa finished singing, she somehow changed back to her Arctic Fox form. This made Donnie even more curious as to why Vanessa can change into a human form for a short while and revert back.

April: Y-You're
Vanessa: Yeah. I'm Vanessa Blake, your best friend... April, I'm sorry for keeping this a secret, I just didn't know what to say to you or do something to let you know that I'm-

Before Vanessa could finish, April ran up to her and hugged her best friend as her tears flowed down her cheeks. Vanessa could feel the teardrop on her shoulders as she started to tear up and hug April back, this made the boys smile at the sight of a beautiful friendship reunion between April and Vanessa.

April: I thought you were gone forever, I never stopped searching, looking around every department store you would go to, or any other place you would go!! I can't believe you're okay!! What happened?! How did you ended up as a mutant?!
Vanessa: It's a long~ story

April: So you mean to tell me, you got bitten by a bug that's called an "Oozesquitoes" that turned you into a mutant, and somehow Baron Draxum told you something about your mother!?
Vanessa: Pretty much, yeah
April: Oh my god, that is a whole lot to take in
Vanessa: Don't worry April, we'll take this one step at a time
April: [smile] Yeah, I'm just glad you're okay
Vanessa: I do however need you to do me a favor, can you check in with my parents. I'm really worried about them, especially when my mom's life is on the line
April: Sure, that's what true friends do
Raph: Now that we got that much covered, how about we continue this party
Turtles/April/Vanessa: YEAH!!!!

They got back to the party and enjoyed the fun, playing games, dancing, and enjoying the food cooked up. Until it was time to announce the homecoming king and queen, to their surprise the homecoming queen was Vanessa as she stepped onto the dance floor and put on the tiara.

April: And now!! Your homecoming king is~....
Donnie/Leo: [mutter] please please please please please... Please~
April: Leo~nardo~!!!!!
Donnie: What?! I demand a recount!!
Leo: Sorry Bro, you gotta accept the fact that I am the better man

Leo took the crown and placed it on his head as he held Vanessa in his arms and smiled, Mikey took a picture of them and ran back to the DJ booth to play another slow song.

[Song: Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran]

Leo danced with Vanessa as they slow dance together, while Mikey and April tried to hold back a squeal while Donnie was sitting on the chair feeling irritated while Raph smiled. Leo and Vanessa slow dance to the music while he twirled her around a few times, Leo and Vanessa gaze into each others eyes while she blushes but Leo gently caress her cheek until he slowly leaned it.

Mikey: This is the best homecoming ever!!! Bring it in you guys [hugs Leo and Vanessa] for the homecoming king and queen!!
Leo: MIKEY!!!!!!

Mikey ran away while Leo chased him all around the lair, everyone else laughed as Leo continued to chase Mikey for ruining such a momentous moment. After the homecoming party was over, Everyone went to bed except for Vanessa who was deep in thought about how she would tell her parents about herself being turned into a mutant. She decided to go and get a glass of water in the kitchen, when Vanessa entered she drank a glass of water and sighed.

Vanessa: Mom... I'll one day tell you everything, and I want to know why Baron Draxum knows you...
???: Neo
Vanessa: [gasp] Leo!! What are you doing up?
Leo: Oh! Just came to get a glass of water. Everything alright?
Vanessa: I'm happy that April knows that I'm a mutant, but I'm a lot worried about how my parents will react
Leo: Don't worry, we'll be there when you're ready
Vanessa: Thanks Leo
Leo: Come on, one more dance
Vanessa: How can I say no to a handsome turtle

Leo lead Vanessa to the center of the lair, as he played a song that she knew by heart and would listen to it every single day.

[Song: When You Look Me In The Eyes by Jonas Brothers {Narrator: Oh yes people, I just did}]

Oh, oh, yeah
Oh-oh, yeah

If the heart is always searching
Can you ever find a home?
I've been looking for that someone
I'll never make it on my own
Dreams can't take the place of loving you
There's gotta be a million reasons why it's true

Leo and Vanessa slow dance to the music, as she leaned close to his body and smiled. Leo held her close and danced with her in his arms, he had his chin ontop of her head and kissed the top of her head.

When you look me in the eyes
And tell me that you love me
Everything's alright
When you're right here by my side
When you look me in the eyes
I catch a glimpse of heaven
I find my paradise
When you look me in the eyes

How long will I be waiting
To be with you again?
I'm gonna tell you that I love you
In the best way that I can
I can't take a day without you here
You're the light that makes my darkness disappear

When you look me in the eyes
And tell me that you love me
Everything's alright
When you're right here by my side
When you look me in the eyes
I catch a glimpse of heaven
I find my paradise
When you look me in the eyes

More and more, I start to realize
I can reach my tomorrow
I can hold my head up high
And it's all because you're by my side

Leo: Vanessa, there's something I've been meaning to ask of you and I just wanna say that-

Vanessa looked up and placed a finger on his lips to hush him.

Vanessa: Shhh, you don't have to say anything. I'm happy that I got to go with you to Homecoming, you made this day the most memorable day of my life. Plus, I'm glad I got to spend it with your brothers and April, but mostly with you as my homecoming date

Vanessa leaned close and kissed Leo on the corner of his lips, she leaned back on his chest and listened to his heart beat. Leo, looked down at Vanessa as he smiled and danced with her.

When you look me in the eyes
You tell me that you love me
Everything's alright
When you're right here by my side
When I hold you in my arms
I know that it's forever
I just gotta let you know
I never wanna let you go

When you look me in the eyes (Yeah)
And tell me that you love me
Everything's alright (It's alright)
When you're right here by my side (By my side)
When you look me in the eyes
I catch a glimpse of heaven
Oh, I find my paradise
When you look me in the eyes

Oh, yeah
Oh, whoa, yeah

Leo: This was the best night ever

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

70 8 7
Our Teenage mutant ninja turtle brothers are childhood friends with a Flou Thomas. Also known as the 'sister-in-law' since she is dating Michelangelo...
43.7K 1.3K 19
MALE READER STORY I was on my roof, listening to music as I look up at the night sky. There's nothing more beautiful than the stars. I thought. But...
61.3K 856 47
REQUESTS: [ FINISH !! ] SLOW UPDATES! Hi!! This is my first story so don't expect high expectations on my writing :') What I will write: - Fluff - GN...
14K 565 15
"I thought about a safe place and it sent me here." "But we can't be together, you know that." | - RotTMNT Leo x Reader - Mature content with some...