Queen Joker.

By HouseOfCards_xx

The smile that curled on my lips was huge. "You talk of them as if they are people." I shook my head, my smi... More

Welcome
Characters (new aesthetics.)
Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
A/N
17
18
19
20
21
23
24
25
26
27
28

22

143 7 0
By HouseOfCards_xx

Leo's Pov:

I stayed till Charles managed to stabilise her. 

Chase had rushed into the room minuets after, he looked haggard and tired but panic was coating his face in a way that nothing else could be seen. 

When Charles had claimed that he had never seen anything like this and there was no visible reason for Aria to have been coughing up so much blood. 

Chase lost it. 

He actually lost it. 

"What do you mean?" He had asked slowly. 

"I mean, there is not internal bleeding. She shouldn't have coughed blood up." Charles had returned for the 7th time. 

"Charles. Tell me what exactly your job is." Chase began in a low voice, a tinge of venom to it.

"Sir, I am-" 

"I DONT CARE." Chase yelled. 

Everyone in the room stood frozen. I watched Madden's jaw tighten. It looked terrible for him for his own team to get shouted at. 

Vivienne hung her head low. and I had just looked down at Aria, watching her carefully strained breathing. 

My hand was still slipped in hers and the only thing that was keeping me sane was hers clutching mine. 

My Evangeline. 

Ma belle Evangeline. 

I would never let her become a star in the sky. 

Never. 

At least, not before me.

Chase's screaming had diverted my attention. I payed him no attention and instead gotten up and left the room. 

Just like that. I left the room, slipped away while everyone was distracted.

I couldn't stay there any longer. 

I couldn't listen to that monitor beeping. 

I couldn't not remember the rapid beeping of when Aria was loosing conscious. 

Everything was getting a little too much and somehow I felt myself climbing the stairs up to the 3rd floor. 

I thought nothing of it and wandered down the hallway of the right wing. Aimlessly, one foot in front of the other, I walked.

Then I stopped. Automatically, I stopped. 

I swallowed as I realised where I had stopped in front of.

The door was the same as all of the other door down the hall, they all belong to each one of my siblings. 

This door however belong to my eldest sibling. 

I had made myself a promise 2 years ago. That I would never return to his room. 

When Kyro had died I had found myself returning to his room countlessly. In the hopes that it would help me. That it would quell my restlessness. 

It just made me feel the guilt even more. 

Of what could have been. 

Of what I had done. 

Of how much I missed him. 

So I had promised myself to never return here. 

I guess today I was going to break my promise. Nothing mattered anymore. I don't know why I had to return here, but here I was. 

The coldness of the handle surprised me as I touched it. I never remember it being this cold. but I pushed it forwards anyways. 

I stepped in. 

Nothing had changed. 

The room was large, Like all of ours, yet it was so so different. 

A large bed was on the right hand side, it had faded light blue covers on and was neatly made as if it was just freshly made. and on top of the bed were a mountain of pillows, at least 4-6. 

there was a brown desk on the opposite side that was large as well. Yet in comparison it wasn't neat at all. 

The desk held splotches of paint all on it. dried pain in all different and diverse colours hung onto it and even on the floor around it. 

Next to the desk was a book shelf. Only on the stop row of the shelf were there actually books the rest were all art supplies. 

They wern't organised either. 

On one row there was littered pens and paint brushes, different coloured inks along with paints. The next 2 rows followed the same and the last row, held empty blank canvases. 

I always hated looking at them. 

The many paintings he could have painted on them, never got the chance to see his brilliance. It symbolised the time that was taken from him. 

I tore my eyes away from them. 

And instead focused on the walls. 

All of them were plastered with paintings. 

The wall to the right of me had sketches upon sketches. Of flowers, buildings, animals, people. There were at least a dozen of Lyra. Always of her smiling. It was like he had drawn her by taking a picture of her by a camera. 

All of them were of her talking or smiling, all of them were from his point of view as she talked, moved, smiled. Kyro's infatuation with Lyra wasn't something that was kept a secret. 

There was one sketch upon that wall that I had noticed after the first couple of times of returning to Kyro's room. 

A sketch of Lyra holding a baby. 

Kyro never got to meet Archie. but he had drawn him. He had sketched what he had imagined him to be. 

And nothing had hurt me more than that. 

I could feel the sense of longing from that one picture itself. 

My heart shuddered. 

I turned then, no wanting to look anymore. 

I face the wall in front of me instead. Covered in canvases. This wall held landscapes. some in faded water colour, some in smoothed oil paintings, some in rigid acrylic paints, that if you ran your finger across you could feel each exact stroke of the paint brush he had taken, every single paint stroke just beneath your fingertips. 

There was one in particular that made my heart falter. 

Just a little to the left of one that was labelled 'The City of Rome'. In comparison to the oil painting of the beautiful city of Rome it seemed to wither in comparison. 

But for me it was the only one that I cared about. 

He had painted the stars above the balcony. Each acrylic stroke burned as I ran my fingertips along it. It was almost as if i was there. 

Each star that was on the sky above me was engraved onto the canvas, all just like they did above me tried to fight each other to shine brighter but once again, there was only ever one. He had painted one star brighter than all. 

Then below the stars, there was the balcony, the grey archaic balcony was scratched onto the painting, but unlike any of the other paintings on this particular wall, there was silhouette of a person sitting atop the ledge of the balcony. 

The silhouette was looking up at the stars. 

Then finally my eyes dropped down to the label, just below the painting. 

I felt my tears well up as I read the label. 

'Leo, for you.'

......

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

116K 4.2K 59
||C O M P L E T E D|| || A Mafia generic story, in addition with new aspects and divergence|| ||Slow editing|| ~*~ "I am...
6.4K 0 23
⚠⚠⚠be very careful. This book is mature and very, very strange. I can't explain it here, but be prepared for some weird shit⚠⚠⚠ I walked into the AA...
13.5K 3.4K 17
" Well shoot " he looked shocked by my request. " You're not afraid to die?" I scoffed at his dumb question, isn't my request enough answer? " listen...
248K 4K 48
Rosalina, 24 year old whose family was just killed by her abusive FiancΓ©, escapes to New York where she gets sent to live with old best friend and Ma...