𝐋𝐈𝐌𝐈𝐓𝐄𝐃 (𝟏𝟖+)

By kingkatewrites

âđ‹đ¨đ¯đž đĸđŦ 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡đĸ𝐧𝐠 𝐛𝐮𝐭 đĨ𝐮đŦ𝐭 đĻđĸđŦđŦ𝐩𝐞đĨđĨ𝐞𝐝.❞ In which an intern has a sex contract wi... More

INTRODUCTION
INTRODUCTION 2.0
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-one
Twenty-two
Twenty-three
Twenty-four
Twenty-five
Twenty-six
Twenty-seven
Twenty-eight
Twenty-nine
Thirty
Thirty-one
Thirty-two
Thirty-three
Thirty-four
Thirty-five
Thirty-six
Thirty-seven
Thirty-eight
Thirty-nine
Forty
Forty-one
Forty-two
Forty-two
Forty-four
END
BONUS I
BONUS II
BONUS III
IMPORTANT!

Forty-three

17.9K 587 82
By kingkatewrites

Time seemed to be passing rather quickly. There was not a single doubt in my mind that despite loving the life I had in London, my home was New York. My home was where Elijah was, and although it was still rather rocky, it was progressing.

However, we were yet to have a proper, adult, and mature conversation. Between taking a lot of naps, having lots of hot, steamy sex and enjoying food together, we barely spoke about the issue at hand.

Legally, I was dead. And that wasn't even the biggest issue for me. I could stay off grid, live as Alison for the rest of my life, but Elijah wasn't too keen on that idea. He wanted Freya back, but it was going to be difficult to be Freya in the United States.

I didn't mind doing whatever Elijah wanted to do, but he wasn't voicing out his thoughts. Most of the time, I had to forcefully get an answer out of him, even when it was a simple question. He, too had a lot on his mind.

After breaking the engagement with Nina, he owed a lot of explanation to a lot of people. In my opinion, it was his business, but he felt like the least he could do was provide her family with an answer. From what I found out through Luka, Elijah and Nina didn't meet.

The jealous and petty part of me was overjoyed with that information.

And, that ended well. But, then another issue seemed to suddenly pop into my mind.

I'd forgotten that Elijah had Milo hidden in some basement, and the first night, a nightmare resurfaced. It's been years since I last dreamt of Milo, and the day he kidnapped me. I woke up, drenched in sweat. Elijah was asleep, but still held me closely to his body.

I didn't want to wake him up for such a stupid thing, but after that, I was unable to get any proper sleep.

That situation needed to get fixed, quickly. I was aware that their plan was to probably keep Milo alive, until inevitably, he died like a bastard that he is. But, it was making me uneasy, knowing that he was alive.

I shook off the thought of getting closure. I didn't need it — but I did need him gone. Truly, and completely gone.

''What's wrong?'' Elijah's morning voice startled me. I glanced at the clock and saw that it was barely past six in the morning. The past few hours seemed like an eternity.

With a smile, I shook my head. ''Nothing, sleep more.'' Softly, I kissed the top of his head. His hair was silky, and immediately, I started playing with it. Elijah brought me even closer to his body, snuggling as he closed his eyes.

''You've been awake for a while, Freya,'' he mumbled. ''Tell me, don't shut me out.''

I took a minute to collect myself and think carefully about how to approach the situation. I could've brought up only one of the two that were weighing on my mind, but it was Elijah, and he would've noticed immediately that there was something I was keeping from him.

''Well,'' I began and he was wide awake. ''What are we going to do? It's not like I can just come back and resume my Freya lifestyle.''

''Why not? I can pay people to make you.. alive again.''

I chuckled. ''Yes, but there were many, way too many people at my funeral.'' If I remembered correctly, mom told me there were at least three hundred people. High school classmates, university as well, everyone from Elijah's company, everyone from Limited. ''And besides, it would come back to bite me in the ass sooner or later.''

''So, what do you want to do?''

''Truth be told... I don't know. Sometimes, I just wish I could move to an island and never look back.''

''Then let's do that.''

I turned my head to the side quickly. The determination on his face was unlike anything I've ever seen in my life. This man was truly prepared to leave everything behind and follow me to an island.

''What?'' I was dumbfounded.

''I bought an island a few years back, it has nothing but a house on it. It's ours. And, of course, we take Lilith, too.''

As if on cue, the little devil landed on my lap. We reunited a while back, and it seemed as if she remembered me. She'd grown so much, and was still a very difficult cat to deal with. She acted as if she owned the place, even our bed. She slept next to me almost every single night, and I wouldn't trade her for anything in this world.

''But... you have your company, and a lot of things here. Asking you to pack up and move is a lot.''

Tenderly, Elijah took my hand. His movements were slow, as he placed a soft kiss on the back of my palm, eyes closed. ''For you, there's not a thing I wouldn't do. I can still work, but remote, and instead of a CEO, I can be a Vice President, something like that. Celine can take over, or I can just sell it, it's worth billions.''

''But you worked your ass for it, your whole life. I don't want you to throw it all away.''

He chuckled, softly. ''That is up to me to decide. I'm not throwing anything away, I'm just stepping down and spending the rest of my days with the love of my life.''

I was quiet. I knew that he made up his mind already, and there was nothing I could've done to prevent him from doing what he wanted. After all, when it came to me, he would do anything. I felt immense happiness fill me, and desperately tried not to cry.

''Now, let's talk about what truly bothers you.''

Busted.

''I don't even know how to bring this up..'' I started off, carefully approaching the important subject. ''I know that you still keep Milo as a prisoner.''

Elijah froze. Slowly, his eyes opened, and nothing but worry laced his features. It made me feel all warm on the inside.

''I plan on doing everything I did so far, until that little fucker dies in so much pain that even Satan won't let him in.''

A loud laugh came from me. Lilith purred on my lap, sleeping soundly.

''But seriously, I'll do whatever you wish with him.''

His words were reassuring, and the serious look on his face made me feel... better.

''I'm not sure,'' I admitted. ''If you let him go, he'll likely find a way to escape again. Even if he can't, the thought of him being alive is too much, but I also can't tell you to kill him.''

Elijah blinked. ''Why not?''

''Because I don't want to turn you into a murderer?''

''Oh, don't worry,'' he was quick to respond. ''I'd never get my hands dirty. That's what my brother is for.''

My mind flashed with all the rumors about their family. Any sane woman would've ran quickly, in the opposite direction, at the knowledge of her boyfriend's family being criminals. However, I was no saint, nor someone who was afraid of Elijah.

I started to sweat. My heart pounded in my chest, and I began to wonder if it was alright of me to ask for this? Was it too selfish? Too greedy? After all, it was taking a human life.

All it took for me to reach my decision was the memory of him using that fucking picana on me. My body remembered that kind of pain all too well, and my mind never let me forget just how much I'd suffered after that happened. And it was all because of him.

''Then,'' my hands were shaking. ''I want him dead.''

Elijah smiled. ''Done.''

Suddenly, Lilith jumped off my lap and strolled out. It was as if she was getting bored of listening to us. With a low chuckle, Elijah hugged me and put his head on my shoulder. If I had to describe this moment, it would definitely be... peace.

Elijah, once again, brought peace. Being with him soothed me, made me feel at ease, made me feel as if we were made for each other. Neither of us was perfect, but it was our imperfections that made us perfect for each other.

I was getting older, and wiser. At least, that was what I wanted to think. And I came to realize a lot of things. The biggest regret in my life was excluding Elijah from my life in London. That was a regret I was taking to my grave.

Yet, that was what brought us this closely together. We had a long way to go, and a lot of things to work on, but being with each other solved more than half of our issues. That was more than enough for me.

Knowing that I was that precious to him made everything seem all right. As long as I had him, there was nothing else I could ever wish for.

My Elijah.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8M 76.7K 42
𝐁𝐨đŦđŦ/𝐞đĻ𝐩đĨ𝐨𝐲𝐞𝐞, 𝐰𝐨đĢ𝐤𝐩đĨ𝐚𝐜𝐞 đĢ𝐨đĻ𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐀đĸđĻ𝐞𝐞 𝐙𝐚đĢđĸ𝐚 𝐌𝐚𝐧𝐚𝐠𝐨đĨ𝐝. A 24 years old hard working secretary that alway...
1.5M 25K 25
Althea There's no way a handsome billionaire would pay money for me. I'm mousey and look like I stepped right out of the nerd brigade. It's not like...
1.8M 61.1K 39
|Mature Content| â€ĸâ€ĸâ€ĸ {Editing and Revising in progress} - Highest ranking #59 Romance #2 Chicklit #1 Diversity
437K 7.9K 31
A man comes across his employee's daughter and has a strong interest in her. They become infatuated with each other until their true colours start to...