Auburn RWBY (RWBY x Male OC...

By AzureEclipse09

On hold until Volume 10. Son of Miguel (L/N) and wielder of the Silver Eyes, Azure (L/N) is a young man who d... More

Bio
Meeting the Rose
Shining Beacon
Initiation
A Badge and A Burden
In the Forever Falls
Stray Cat and Lone Wolf
Black and White (Volume 1 Finale)
Best Day Ever
Investigation
Dance Dance Infiltration
Search and Destroy
Breach at Vale (Volume 2 Finale)
Round One, Challengers!
Brawl in the Family
Fall
Battle of Beacon
End of the Beginning (Volume 3 Finale)
The Next Step
Friends and Family
Tipping Point
A Much Needed Talk
No Safe Haven (Volume 4 Finale)
Welcome to Haven
Lighting the Fire
Reunions and Rest
Battle of Haven (Volume 5 Finale)
Special Chapter: Ruby's Birthday
Argus Limited
Alone in the Woods
A Dead End
The Lady in the Shoe
Our Way (Volume 6 Finale)
Special Chapter: Azure's Book
Team AVRN Volume 7
The Greatest Kingdom
Pomp and Circumstance
A Night Off
Cordially Invited
Out in the Open
The Enemy of Trust (Volume 7 Finale)
Divided Teams
Faults
Our Message
In the Dark
Taking a Risk
The Final Word (Volume 8 Finale)
Strange New World
In the Ever After
Checkmate
The Cat and the Herbalist
Unexpected Arrivals
Confessions
Trouble
Reawakening (Volume 9 Finale)
*Important Discussion*
AVRN Chibi - Azure
AVRN Chibi - Vert
AVRN Chibi - Rosa
AVRN Chibi - Nero
AVRN Chibi - Team AVRN
AVRN Chibi - Extras (Finale)

Calm Before the Storm

230 5 0
By AzureEclipse09

Hello, this is the next chapter for this volume. We're getting close to the end of this volume, so this chapter will be quite short. Our group of friends are hanging out, but they will need to be ready soon enough. Alright then, let's get it!
——————————————
*1st Person POV*

It is early morning here in Mistral. Ruby and I are lying on the ground on the patio outside of the training room. We watched as a group of four birds fly together, before one of them flies away from the group. I then saw Yang peek her head over Ruby's head as she notices her.

Yang: "You two are up early."

Ruby: (smiles) "Hey sis."

Azure: "Hey Yang."

Yang lets her hair down and uses it to tickle Ruby's nose. She giggles affectionately at her older sister's action. Ruby then sits up as Yang sits down to her left, with myself already sitting on her right.

Ruby: (sighs) "What are you doing up?"

Yang: "Can't fall back to sleep."

Ruby: "Ah, me neither."

Azure: "I just... (yawns) woke up early." Ruby giggled at my yawning, making me blush slightly in embarrassment.

Weiss: "Well, fortunately, coffee exists."

Vert: "It'll help you wake up nicely."

Weiss and Vert, followed by Rosa, carry two trays with three cups of coffee each and walk over to join their teammates. Weiss lowers her tray down so Yang can grab a cup. Vert hands me a cup of coffee with milk (café con leche) as he and Rosa grab their cups and set the tray down after sitting down to my right. Weiss then holds out a cup for Ruby.

Ruby: "No, please!"

Weiss: "Don't worry, I put in blasphemous amounts of cream and sugar, just for you."

Ruby: "Oh yeah! Nice Weiss strikes again!"

Suddenly, Weiss pulls the cup away just as Ruby was about to grab it.

Weiss: "I will pour this on you and it will burn."

Azure: "Please don't joke around like that, Weiss." I said before savoring the flavor of my coffee. It reminds me of when I would drink this during the winter while Uncle Kaz and I were at my grandma's house. Man, I miss being with her already. I hope I can see Grandma again soon.

Breaking myself out of my thoughts, Weiss handed the cup to Ruby, who nervously giggles. Weiss sits down next to her teammates and grabs her cup of coffee after placing the tray down next to her.

Yang: "Can't believe we're actually in Mistral."

Ruby: "That's what you can't believe?"

Yang: "Well, yeah! And all the other magic and stuff. But... Okay, you guys know what I mean!"

Rosa: "I know exactly what you mean!"

Weiss: "I honestly wasn't sure if I'd ever see you guys again."

Yang: "Well, here's to defying expectations."

Azure: "Cheers!"

Yang and Weiss clink cups together, and my team and I clink cups together. Ruby gulps her cup down in one go, opening one eye to glance at the others' cups.

Ruby: "I just wish Blake could be here with us."

Azure: "I can also say the same for Nero."

Yang: "Yeah, well, she made her choice."

Weiss: "What's that supposed to mean?"

Yang: (showing bitterness) "I mean she could've been here if she just stuck around. It's no big deal though. We'll be fine."

Ruby and Weiss have concerned expressions on their faces. Us three of AVRN could do nothing but watch with concern on our faces as well.

Ruby: "Don't you want her here?"

Yang: "Why would I want her here?"

Ruby: "Are you still mad at her for leaving?"

Yang: (scoffs) "Oh, whatever gave you that idea, Ruby? No, I'm totally fine. I'm great."

Weiss: "Okay, calm down."

Yang: "Don't tell me to calm down!" Her eyes went red.

Ruby and Weiss gain startled expressions. The rest of us were startled as well.

Ruby: "Whoa, Yang."

Yang realizes what she did, and her eyes turn back to normal. Her hand shakes while holding her cup.

Yang: "Whatever." She gets up and leaves. Ruby and Weiss watch her go before exchanging concerned looks with each other. I begin to comfort Ruby as she starts feeling sad. Rosa and Vert looked at us with sad expressions on their faces.

*3rd Person, with Yang...*

Yang sits alone on a bed looking at the "New Friends!" photo of Team RWBY. She hears a knock on the door and quickly puts the photo away.

Yang: "Yeah?" The door opens, but she doesn't look up to see who entered. "Look Ruby, I really don't want to talk about it, okay? Can you just leave me alone for a bit?" She looks up, and is surprised that Weiss is at the doorway.

Yang: "Oh. Hey Weiss. Did you need something?"

Weiss says nothing. She closes the door behind her and sits on the bed opposite to Yang.

Yang: (sigh) "I know she's our teammate, but I'm not just going to change my mind. I'm sorry, I just... I don't think you know what it's like to be left. You have a giant family, recitals to perform at, dinners to attend. I didn't have any of that. My mom left me. Ruby's mom left too. Tai was always busy with school and Ruby couldn't even talk yet. I had to pick up the pieces. I had to keep things together. Alone." She pauses. "Weiss, if you have something to say, then say it."

Weiss remains silent for a moment, before responding.

Weiss: "When I was ten, my dad finally admitted to my mom that the only reason he married her was for the family name." She sighs. "It was actually on my tenth birthday. He missed the big dinner, she got mad, he finally snapped. I think she already knew. Looking back, I think I knew too. But hearing him say it finally pushed her over the edge." She gets up and sits down next to Yang on the other bed. "First it was separate lunches and dinners, opposite balconies at my recitals, a glass of wine here, a glass of wine there. Then, it was no dinners, no recitals, a bottle of wine here and... well, you get the idea."

Yang: "I'm really sorry. I shouldn't have assumed."

Weiss: "You're right though. I don't know loneliness like you do. I have my own version. And, I'll bet Blake has her own version too."

Yang: "She doesn't have to be alone though. I was here for her. We all were! She chose to leave us."

Weiss: "Why do you think she did that?"

Yang: "Hm?"

Weiss: "The entire time Blake was at Beacon, she was afraid to open up to people. She tried to keep her past separated from us. She tried to protect us. Eventually, those walls she put up came down. And the moment they did, the one thing she was afraid of actually happened. The universe proved her right."

Yang: "No one blamed her for anything! If she had just talked to us, she would've known that! How could I be there for her if she doesn't let me? What if I needed her here for me?" She buries her face in her hands and starts sobbing quietly. Weiss puts a reassuring hand on her shoulder.

Weiss: "I know it's not easy. I wish she hadn't left too. The only thing we can do now is be there for her when she's ready. When she comes back."

Yang lowers her hands from her face.

Yang: "If she comes back."

Weiss: "She will. Yang... You, Ruby, and even Blake are more like family to me than my brother or even my own father. I would do anything for you three, and I'm willing to bet Blake feels the same way. So, when she's ready, I'll be there for her. And I know we're not as close, but... I'm here for you too."

Weiss smiles and Yang calms down. They hear a knock at the door, which opens up and reveals Ruby, along with Azure.

Ruby: "Is, uh... everything okay?"

Yang: (smiling) "Yeah, it is."

Ruby sighs in relief.

Azure: (smiles) "That's good. You all need each other... more than ever." Yang then looks at him.

Yang: "...What about Nero? What do you think about it?"

Azure: "I'm sure he'll be here, along with Blake. I know him well enough that he'll keep his promise to me, to all of us. We just have to believe in them, Yang."

Weiss: "That was a good response."

Azure: (chuckles) "Thanks, Weiss."

Suddenly, Ruby happily jumped on my back.

Ruby: "Yeah! That's my Cookie for ya! Always being an optimist!"

Azure: "Hahaha! Thanks for the compliment, Strawberry!"

Yang and Weiss looked at us with small smiles on their faces.

*Timeskip*
*3rd Person POV*

Oscar, who is currently letting Ozpin take over, and Qrow are seen sitting together. Qrow takes a sip from his cup.

Qrow: "Things aren't looking good, Oz."

Ozpin: "Ever the optimist." He sips from his cup. "While I would not say our current predicament is... ideal, I think we can both agree that the situation could be much worse. Humanity is a resilient force."

Qrow: "Oz, pro Huntsmen like that don't just bite it all at once. Salem's powerful. It seems like her reach is growing by the day. What does that say about humanity?"

Ozpin: "That there are indeed a misguided few who have filled their hearts with malice. It doesn't take a great number of people to cause harm, but I still believe there are far more people in this world willing to prevent it."

As Ozpin is about to take another sip, Ruby and Azure walk into the room.

Ruby: "Um, excuse us?"

Ozpin: "Ah, Miss Rose, Mister (L/N), join us. We were just about to gather everyone to discuss our next steps."

Ruby: "Oh, uh, great."

Azure: "That's cool..."

Qrow: "Something on your mind, kiddos?"

Ruby: "Uh... uh, it's... if it's okay to ask."

Qrow: "Of course."

Ruby: "Well, uh... we've been talking about the Relic at Haven... and the Spring Maiden, but... what about the Fall Maiden?"

Ozpin: "Cinder?"

Azure: "Does Salem have the Beacon Relic?"

Ozpin and Qrow share a brief look with each other.

Ozpin: "Very astute, you two, I was wondering whom would be the first to ask. No, thankfully she does not. It's true that the Relic at Haven is very much at risk, and for now, that should remain our primary focus. Let's just say I made finding the Relic at Beacon a... bit more challenging than at the other schools."

Azure: "That sounds great."

Ruby sighs in relief.

Ruby: "Oh. That's good to hear."

Ozpin: "It is, but let's not forget the challenges that still lie before us."

Ruby and Azure nod.

Ozpin: "Now is there anything else we can help you with?"

Ruby: "Oh, uh... well, I did have one more question."

Ozpin: "No, my cane is not a Relic."

Ruby: "I have no more questions."

They all giggle.

Ozpin: "Yes, while this cane is indeed very precious to me, it is also just that - precious to me. While I admit it still has a few more tricks up its sleeve, I can firmly say that being a Relic isn't one of them. Now why don't you two run and get the other students?"

Suddenly, Qrow's scroll is heard vibrating. He takes it out from his pocket to see "LEO LIONHEART" calling. He takes the call.

Qrow: "Yeah? ...Okay... yeah, we'll be there." Qrow hangs up.

Ruby: "Who was it?" He takes out his flask.

Qrow: (sighs) "It was Leo, says he had a breakthrough with the council. Thinks he might be able to get together a small raiding party for the bandits. He wants us to meet up at the school tomorrow night to walk us through it."

Ruby: (gasps and smiles) "Really? Oh that's great! We'll go get the others. Come on, Azure!"

Ruby runs out of the room while dragging Azure by his arm. Qrow takes a drink from his flask.

Ozpin: "Mmm, that sounds drastically different from your original conversation, does it not?"

Qrow: "It does."

Ozpin: "Interesting..."

Qrow: "Things aren't looking good, Oz."

Ozpin: "I know..."

*The next day...*

After going over the plan last night, Ruby and Azure are strolling through the city of Mistral on a date. They are holding hands as they browse the many shops. They ate some authentic Mistralian food, as well as some cookies here and there.

During the date, the two secretly bought gifts for the respective other. It was a bit awkward when they tried hiding their gifts away from each other, but they shared a good time nonetheless.

They went back to their stay and hid their gifts before getting ready for the meeting tonight, ready and armed with their weapons.

*Over with Nero...*

Outside of the Belladonna's home, a large crowd of Faunus have gathered outside, noticing the smoke coming from the building.

Guard: "Back! Everyone, stay back! We've got people inside doing their best."

Faunus: "Look!"

From the smoky doorway, Ghira walks out carrying the motionless bodies of a White Fang soldier and a Menagerie Guard on each of his shoulders. He hands the bodies to two guards as Saber Rodentia, the captain of the Menagerie Guard, arrives.

Saber: "Get in there! Search for any stragglers!"

More guards walk out keeping Corsac restrained, followed by Blake, Kali, Sun, Nero, Ilia and others.

Saber: "We came as soon as we got the call." He said to Ghira. He notices Corsac being forced to his knees. "And Fennec?"

Ghira sadly shakes his head. Saber walks over to Corsac.

Saber: (snarkily) "Was it worth it?"

Corsac looks down, defeated. As the commotion continues, Blake shares brief looks with Sun, Nero, and Ilia. Blake takes a deep sigh as she goes down the steps. Ghira notices his daughter walking away.

Ghira: "Blake!"

Before Ghira could go any further, his wife Kali stops him, and both look on. Blake then stops at one of the steps as she begins to address the crowd.

Blake: "Humans didn't do this." She points at the smoke coming from her house. "We did this: Faunus. We did this to ourselves. We are just as capable of hate and violence as the humans, but I don't think any of us would jump at the chance to point that out. So why are we letting Adam do it for us?! By doing nothing and staying silent, we let others speak and act in our place. And if we're not proud of the choices they make, then we have no one to blame but ourselves. This is the message that Adam Taurus will bring to the world if no one stops him. But we can stop him! You have to understand that all of you are looking for simple answers to a very complicated problem. And I can't give that to you. I don't know how to make hate go away, I don't. But I know that this kind of violence is not the solution. I understand that to ask you to leave your homes and protect Haven Academy is asking you to put your lives at risk. But that's what's at stake. So I'm going, and I'll stand by myself if I have to."

Ilia: "I'll stand with you!"

Blake turns around with a surprised look on her face as Ilia stands up. Her pained expression then looks down.

Ilia: "If... if you'd have me."

Male Faunus: "Isn't that the White Fang girl?"

Female Faunus: "I thought she hated the Belladonnas."

Despite some of the crowd's murmuring amongst themselves, Blake smiles at her old friend. As Ilia proceeds forward, Saber suddenly stops her.

Saber: "You're not going anywhere!"

Blake: "Let her come."

Saber: "Huh? You're just going to forgive her? After everything she did?!"

Blake: "I am."

Saber looks to Ghira, who nods to let Ilia go. Ilia continues to walk down the steps to stand next to her friend.

Saber: "What does she think she's doing?"

Ghira: (smiling) "She's learned a lesson that evaded me until I was much older: That there is strength in forgiveness."

Blake puts a hand on Ilia's shoulder, sharing a smile together.

Mata: "I'll go!!" Mata, a ram Faunus, steps forward and raises his hand, followed by many more.

Female Aquatic Faunus: "I'll go too!"

Various Faunus: "I'll stand with you! I'll go!! Yeah!! Me too! Let's go! Yeah, let's go!!"

As more Faunus start to give Blake their support, Sun and Nero walk down the steps to join her and Ilia. The crowd is heard cheering as a majority agree to volunteer. They all smile at the crowd. Nero notices his mother Blanca and his father Onyx in the crowd, looking at him with approval on their faces. He gives them a nod before turning to Blake.

Nero: "Looks like we've got work to do."

Blake: "Thank you."

Sun then points at Ilia.

Sun: "You stabbed me."

Ilia looks down sorrowfully.

Ilia: "I--" Sun playfully pinches her arm. "Ow!"

Sun: "There. Let's just call it even."

Ghira and Kali then walk down the steps to join their daughter and her friends.

Ghira: "We have about two weeks before Adam's attack on Haven. We're going to need shields, training, whatever we can do to protect as many people as possible."

Kali: "We'll need transportation too. For everyone."

Blake: (smiling) "I think I know a ship captain who owes us a favor."

Sun grins and he and Nero nod in agreement.

*Nero's POV*

'What happened in Menagerie took place two weeks ago. We got everyone and everything ready to go and we are now close to reaching Mistral by airship. We should be arriving by night.'

I looked ahead to where my team and my friends are at right now.

Nero: "Don't worry, guys. We're coming."
——————————————————————
Yeah! We got done with this chapter! Our group enjoyed some downtime over at Mistral, with Azure and Ruby going on a date as well. With Nero and Blake, they stopped the White Fang in Menagerie and are now making their way to Mistral as the others prepare for the meeting with Lionheart. Next time, the battle for Haven.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.4K 282 34
RWBY The Adopted Rose 3 Years Ago at the age of 12, Y/N Rose has left his adopted family in order to find the answer he seeks. Now at the age of 15 h...
13.4K 237 14
When tragedy befell Kai Blaze as a boy in the mystical world of Remnant, all he wanted was to get stronger, so no one would experience the same loss...
3.7K 111 49
(Volumes 1-3) You have known Ruby Rose for as long as you were both were kids and have been together since half way of your first year at Signal Acad...
1.4K 40 44
This is the story of RWBY from a entirely new perspective. Silver joins Beacon Academy but slowly learns there is much more than meets the eye. Right...