Watcher's Admins

By Relics_and_Stories

Grian lives in Hermitcraft in peace, forgetting what has occurred before crash landing into season 6 of Hermi... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten (and Authors Note)
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Galactic to English Chapters 3-15
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight

Chapter Twenty-Seven

69 1 0
By Relics_and_Stories

The staff member had left in quite a hurry and Xelqua went inside, closing the door and sighing, pinching the bridge of his nose. The students looked at him, the newer four still a bit tense as he pulled his mask off and set it on his desk.

Calypso nodded to the new four as she did the same. When they saw everyone else do it, they followed suit and set them on the edges of their desks. "You four. Can I have your name please?" He asked kindly as he ran his hand through his fluffy hair.

"It's okay." Talki nodded at their hesitance.

"I'm...Juilus. These are Isabella, Diane and Simmone." One of them said after a moment. "We came from different classes. Told to find you with no explanation."

"I see." Xelqua sighed and rubbed his temples. "I assume they didn't even tell you which room my class is in due to the fact you were all near the central garden." He thought aloud. The four nodded, casting their eyes down to the tables.

"I asked the staff member to try and search for them, but it would be faster if I just found them myself. I'd like to have a little...chat with them." He got on his feet and stretched. His wings flared as he did.

"What will you do? Simmone asked quickly.

"As I said, I'll simply have a chat with them. Can you tell me your professor's names?"

Hesitantly, the four produced the names of said professor and Xelqua did not seem all too pleased. "Thank you, now since this is your only class from now on, you all can work on things you need to or mingle for the next two hours, and then return to your dorms." He nodded, grabbed his mask and left.

"Did he seem annoyed to any of you?" Dianne asked the door closing with a thunk. "He wasn't annoyed. He was irritated, almost angry." Calypso said quickly getting to her feet. She looked at the others.

"Why do you look a bit panicked?" Julius asked, watching her glance between them and the door.

"You do not want to see him when he's angry. We came into class after some people from his past were doing something ....and we all almost ran away." Eli explained.

"He had a kind smile, a soft tone, but it felt like we were facing a wild animal. A wolf in sheep's clothing." Krishna murmured.

"After Krishna...did something to calm him down, I may have made a comment and Mackinsey snickered at it and well..." Talik started and Mackinsey nodded, cutting him off, "He threw psychokinetic daggers at us. He was aiming for our jugulars, with no hesitation. He stopped them right before they hit home."

"All I did was talk to him. Granted I also took his mask off, which I think confused him enough to calm down completely." Krishna sighed resting her arms and head on the desk. "But you don't think he would actually fight other professors...do you?"

"Knowing him. He might not fight, but he will be threatening to." Calypso paced. Krishna got to her feet and walked to her, putting her hands on the other's shoulders. "Calypso, you need to sit down and take a breath. If you follow him, you'll get in trouble and we all know he doesn't want that."

Calypso sighed and nodded doing as suggested, before rubbing her eyes. "Let's just wait until he comes back."

Meanwhile, Xelqua had already gotten three of the professors to follow him and was on his way to get the fourth. They walked behind him in silence, not sure why they were taken from their classes. Xelqua didn't answer their questions as he knocked on the last professor's door.

"!¡∷𝙹⎓ᒷᓭᓭ𝙹∷ ̇/ᒷꖎᑑ⚍ᔑ? ⍑𝙹∴ ᓵᔑリ ╎ ⍑ᒷꖎ!¡-" The professor trailed off seeing the other professors and the unnerving spark in Xelqua's eye. "⎓𝙹ꖎꖎ𝙹∴ ᒲᒷ, ╎⎓ ||𝙹⚍ ∴╎ꖎꖎ. ||𝙹⚍∷ ᓵꖎᔑᓭᓭ ∴╎ꖎꖎ ʖᒷ ⎓╎リᒷ ∴╎ℸ ̣ ⍑𝙹⚍ℸ ̣ ||𝙹⚍ ⎓𝙹∷ ᔑ ⎓ᒷ∴ ᒲ╎リ⚍ℸ ̣ ᒷᓭ." The avian chided and pivoted on his feet and started walking, beckoning the four of them to follow.

"⋮⚍ᓭℸ ̣ ⎓𝙹ꖎꖎ𝙹∴ ⍑╎ᒲ. ⍑ᒷ ↸𝙹ᒷᓭリ'ℸ ̣ ᓭᒷᒷᒲ ⍑ᔑ!¡!¡|| ∴╎ℸ ̣ ⍑ ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ ⎓𝙹⚍∷ 𝙹⎓ ⚍ᓭ." One of the professors murmured as they followed the others. The fourth told his class he would be back and walked with them until the central garden.

"∴⍑ᔑℸ ̣ ╎ᓭ ℸ ̣ ⍑╎ᓭ ᔑʖ𝙹⚍ℸ ̣ ?" He asked once they arrived at their destination.

"ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ ᓭℸ ̣ ⚍↸ᒷリℸ ̣ ᓭ ||𝙹⚍ ⍑ᔑ⍊ᒷ ↸∷𝙹!¡!¡ᒷ↸. ∴╎ℸ ̣ ⍑ リ𝙹 ᒷ ̇/!¡ꖎᔑリᔑℸ ̣ ╎𝙹リ ᔑリ↸ リ𝙹 ∴ᔑ∷リ╎リ⊣. ᓭ╎ᒲ!¡ꖎ|| ʖᒷᓵᔑ⚍ᓭᒷ ||𝙹⚍ ⍑ᒷᔑ∷↸ ℸ ̣ ⍑∷𝙹⚍⊣⍑ ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ ⊣∷ᔑ!¡ᒷ ⍊╎リᒷ 𝙹⎓ ᒲ|| 𝙹∴リ ᓵꖎᔑᓭᓭ. ᓭᒷリ↸╎リ⊣ ℸ ̣ ⍑𝙹ᓭᒷ ᓵ⍑╎ꖎ↸∷ᒷリ ℸ ̣ 𝙹 ⎓╎リ↸ ᒲᒷ, ∴╎ℸ ̣ ⍑𝙹⚍ℸ ̣ ᒷ⍊ᒷリ ⊣╎⍊╎リ⊣ ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷᒲ ᔑ ∷ᒷᔑᓭ𝙹リ 𝙹∷ ∴⍑╎ᓵ⍑ ∷𝙹𝙹ᒲ ╎ ᔑᒲ ⚍ᓭ╎リ⊣. ↸𝙹 ||𝙹⚍ リ𝙹ℸ ̣ ᓭᒷᒷ ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ !¡∷𝙹ʖꖎᒷᒲ ∴╎ℸ ̣ ⍑ ℸ ̣ ⍑ᔑℸ ̣ ?"

"∴⍑ᔑℸ ̣ ↸𝙹 ||𝙹⚍ ᒲᒷᔑリ?" One of them asked before they fell silent as Xelqua turned to them, listing the names of his new arrivals. "⋮⚍ꖎ╎⚍ᓭ, ╎ᓭᔑʖᒷꖎꖎᔑ, ↸╎ᔑリリᒷ, ᔑリ↸ ᓭ╎ᒲᒲ𝙹リᒷ. ↸𝙹 リ𝙹ℸ ̣ ᒲ╎ᓭℸ ̣ ᔑꖌᒷ ᒲᒷ ⎓𝙹∷ ᔑ ⎓𝙹𝙹ꖎ, !¡∷𝙹⎓ᒷᓭᓭ𝙹∷ᓭ. ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ|| ∴ᒷ∷ᒷ ⎓𝙹⚍リ↸ ⍑ᒷ∷ᒷ, ℸ ̣ ∷||╎リ⊣ ℸ ̣ 𝙹 ⎓╎⊣⚍∷ᒷ 𝙹⚍ℸ ̣ ∴⍑|| ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ|| ∴ᒷ∷ᒷ ℸ ̣ 𝙹ꖎ↸ ℸ ̣ 𝙹 ꖎᒷᔑ⍊ᒷ ||𝙹⚍∷ ᓵꖎᔑᓭᓭᒷᓭ ᔑリ↸ ∴⍑ᒷ∷ᒷ ᒲ╎リᒷ ∴ᔑᓭ. "

"∴ᒷ ↸╎↸ リ𝙹ℸ ̣ ᓵᔑꖎꖎ ||𝙹⚍ ⎓𝙹𝙹ꖎᓭ. ∴⍑ᔑℸ ̣ ᒲᔑꖌᒷᓭ ||𝙹⚍ ℸ ̣ ⍑╎リꖌ ∴ᒷ '↸∷𝙹!¡!¡ᒷ↸ ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷᒲ ∴╎ℸ ̣ ⍑ リ𝙹 ∴ᔑ∷リ╎リ⊣?'" Another asked as the others took a cautious step backwards.

"ᔑᓭ ╎ ⍑ᔑ⍊ᒷ ⋮⚍ᓭℸ ̣ ᓭᔑ╎↸. ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ|| ∴ᒷ∷ᒷ ⎓𝙹⚍リ↸, ↸╎ᓭ⍑ᒷᔑ∷ℸ ̣ ᒷリᒷ↸ ⍑ᒷ∷ᒷ ∴╎ℸ ̣ ⍑ リ𝙹 ╎↸ᒷᔑ ∴⍑ᒷ∷ᒷ ℸ ̣ 𝙹 ⊣𝙹. リ𝙹 ╎↸ᒷᔑ ∴⍑|| ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ|| ∴ᒷ∷ᒷ ᓭ⍑𝙹⍊ᒷ↸ 𝙹⚍ℸ ̣. ||𝙹⚍ ᓵᔑꖎꖎ ||𝙹⚍∷ᓭᒷꖎ⍊ᒷᓭ ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ╎∷ !¡∷𝙹⎓ᒷᓭᓭ𝙹∷ᓭ, ℸ ̣ ⍑𝙹ᓭᒷ ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ ᓭℸ ̣ ⚍↸ᒷリℸ ̣ ᓭ ᓵ𝙹⚍ꖎ↸ ∷ᒷꖎ|| 𝙹リ, ᔑリ↸ ||ᒷℸ ̣ ||𝙹⚍ ↸∷𝙹!¡ ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷᒲ ᔑᓭ ╎⎓ ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ|| ᔑ∷ᒷ ∴𝙹∷ℸ ̣ ⍑ リ𝙹ℸ ̣ ⍑╎リ⊣ ᔑᓭ ᓭ𝙹𝙹リ ᔑᓭ ||𝙹⚍ ⍑ᒷᔑ∷ ᔑリ𝙹ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ∷ ᓭℸ ̣ ⚍↸ᒷリℸ ̣ ℸ ̣ ᔑꖌᒷᓭ ꖌ╎↸ᓭ. ╎ ∴ᔑᓭ リ𝙹ℸ ̣ ⊣╎⍊ᒷリ ᔑリ|| リ𝙹ℸ ̣ ╎ᓵᒷ, リ𝙹ℸ ̣ ᔑ ᓭ╎リ⊣ꖎᒷ ∴𝙹∷↸ ⚍リℸ ̣ ╎ꖎ ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ|| ᓭ⍑𝙹∴ᒷ↸ ⚍!¡ ᔑℸ ̣ ᒲ|| ↸𝙹𝙹∷. ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ|| ꖎ𝙹𝙹ꖌᒷ↸ ⚍!¡ ℸ ̣ 𝙹 ||𝙹⚍. ᔑꖎꖎ 𝙹⎓ ||𝙹⚍. ᔑリ↸ ||ᒷℸ ̣ ||𝙹⚍ ↸𝙹 ℸ ̣ ⍑ᔑℸ ̣ ? ╎ ℸ ̣ ⍑𝙹⚍⊣⍑ℸ ̣ ||𝙹⚍ ⎓𝙹⚍∷ ∴ᒷ∷ᒷ ᒲ𝙹∷ᒷ ∷ᒷᓭ!¡ᒷᓵℸ ̣ ᔑʖꖎᒷ ℸ ̣ ⍑ᔑリ ℸ ̣ ⍑ᔑℸ ̣. ℸ ̣ ⚍∷リᓭ 𝙹⚍ℸ ̣ , ||𝙹⚍'∷ᒷ ᔑꖎꖎ ᓭ╎ᒲ!¡ꖎ|| ↸╎ᓭᔑ!¡!¡𝙹╎リℸ ̣ ╎リ⊣. ╎ ᓵ𝙹⚍ꖎ↸ ᓭᒷᒷ ℸ ̣ 𝙹 ╎ℸ ̣ ℸ ̣ ⍑ᔑℸ ̣ ||𝙹⚍∷ ʖᔑ↸⊣ᒷᓭ ᔑ∷ᒷ ∷ᒷ⍊𝙹ꖌᒷ↸. ⍑𝙹∴ᒷ⍊ᒷ∷, ╎ ᔑᒲ ⎓ᒷᒷꖎ╎リ⊣ ⊣ᒷリᒷ∷𝙹⚍ᓭ ᔑリ↸ ∴╎ꖎꖎ リ𝙹ℸ ̣ ʖ∷╎リ⊣ ╎ℸ ̣ ℸ ̣ 𝙹 ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ ᓵ𝙹⚍リᓵ╎ꖎ. ∷ᒷᒲᒷᒲʖᒷ∷ ℸ ̣ ⍑╎ᓭ: ╎⎓ ||𝙹⚍ ↸∷𝙹!¡ ᒲ𝙹∷ᒷ ᓭℸ ̣ ⚍↸ᒷリℸ ̣ ᓭ ∴╎ℸ ̣ ⍑𝙹⚍ℸ ̣ ∴ᔑ∷リ╎リ⊣, ╎ ∴╎ꖎꖎ ᓭᒷリ↸ ||𝙹⚍ ╎リℸ ̣ 𝙹 ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ リ𝙹ℸ ̣ ⍑╎リ⊣リᒷᓭᓭ ᒲ||ᓭᒷꖎ⎓. ᓵ𝙹リᓭᒷᑑ⚍ᒷリᓵᒷᓭ ʖᒷ ↸ᔑᒲリᒷ↸." Xelqua spoke calmly, his voice distorting and echoing with a sickening sweet venom. It didn't match his expression, which made the professor's blood run cold.

His eyes were dark, yet full of an anger that would scare the council and a sadistic smile spread on his face. "↸𝙹 ╎ ᒲᔑꖌᒷ ᒲ||ᓭᒷꖎ⎓ !¡ᒷ∷⎓ᒷᓵℸ ̣ ꖎ|| ᓵꖎᒷᔑ∷ 𝙹リ ℸ ̣ ⍑╎ᓭ?"

The professors bowed quickly, saying they understood, before they started running away from him. His expression lightened as they disappeared from view and he made his way back to his class, fixing his robes.

He sighed, rubbing the back of his neck before he passed the staff member. "⎓𝙹∷⊣ᒷℸ ̣ ⊣ᒷℸ ̣ ℸ ̣ ╎リ⊣ ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷᒲ ╎ ⋮⚍ᓭℸ ̣ ᓭ!¡𝙹ꖌᒷ ∴╎ℸ ̣ ⍑ ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷᒲ. ꖎᒷℸ ̣ ᒲᒷ ꖌリ𝙹∴ ╎⎓ ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ|| 𝙹∷ ᔑリ|| 𝙹ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ∷ !¡∷𝙹⎓ᒷᓭᓭ𝙹∷ ╎リℸ ̣ ᒷリ↸ᓭ ℸ ̣ 𝙹 ↸∷𝙹!¡ ᓭℸ ̣ ⚍↸ᒷリℸ ̣ ᓭ ᔑ⊣ᔑ╎リ, !¡ꖎᒷᔑᓭᒷ." He said with a soft smile and continued walking back to his class.

Calypso and Krishna were standing by the door as he opened it and stepped inside. He blinked, closing the door behind him and slipped his mask off. "Hello." He said surprised as they circled him. "What are you two doing?"

"You're not hurt....did you do anything to them? Will you get in trouble?" The two asked after checking his wings and grabbing his hands to look at them closer. He waved them away shaking his head.

"I'm fine, no one did anything. I only told them that if they chose to drop any more students with no forewarning...I would strip them of their badges myself and send them into the nothingness. SImple as that." He said chuckling and sat down at his desk.

All of his students stared at him, mouths agape. One of the many thoughts in their head being: how can he say that so nonchalantly?!

"What's wrong?" He chuckled, motioning Krishna and Calypso to sit down. "You do realise how scary you made that sound...right?" Julius asked, clearing his throat.

"It doesn't sound that bad." He shook his head before pausing looking at Calypso. "Does it?"

"It kinda does, professor. You tend to say things so...nonchalantly....especially if it's something threatening like that." Calypso nodded and yawned, rubbing her eyes. Xelqua thought for a moment before blinking again. "O-oh." He shifted. "You all can return to your dorms. You will need all the rest you can get for tomorrow. Calypso, can you stay behind for a moment?"

"Yes professor." Students bowed their heads, grabbed their masks and filed out of the room. Calypso walked to him after the others left. He handed her her mask and a slip of paper. "For our mutual friends. If you happen to see someone in particular...please hit him."

"Professor?" She tilted her head. "He was the one who did something this morning...didn't he? What did he do?"

Xelqua looked up at her. His eyes shifted to a darker purple hue. "He involved my sister and the void walker. After I had told him to leave them out of it. Especially Pearl."

Calypso noticed the pattern. The same pattern Martyn and Xisuma had. Xelqua's familial bond with Pearl meant he would do anything for her safety. Even in this situation. She decided to test it, "Xelqua...Grian...if something would happen to Pearl...if she were taken somewhere...what would you do?"

She should have expected his reaction, but not to the severity. In a single moment, she was nearly pinned to the ground by unseen forces as he stood in front of her. She squeezed her eyes closed, not even trying to fight it.

It was like a snake was wrapping itself around her chest and neck. She felt sapped of energy and magic. Xelqua knelt down and tilted her head up by the chin. "I do not like the implications you are making there, Calypso." He hissed.

"I...I'm s-so-sorry...I wanted....wanted to ch-check som...something....I meant...n-no harm....w-w-with it." She gasped out, looking straight at him. "No...harm m-meant..." She coughed.

Xelqua narrowed his eyes at her, lowering his hand to his side, letting her head drop again. "If my sister were to have misfortune befall on her, either being bought elsewhere other than that server, or harmed in any way. You will be the first to suspect and Weavers forbid you are responsible."

He slowly stood and turned walking to the door as Calypso gasped for air, throwing herself backwards into a sitting position, holding her throat coughing. "I...would never...harm your sister." She rasped, slowly getting up. He didn't answer and opened the door for her. "You may leave." He scowled once she was on her feet. He looked down as she ran out and let the door slam behind her.

He put a hand to his head sighing and sat down leaning against the door. "She doesn't know when to keep her mouth shut." He muttered to himself and closed his eyes. He sat in silence for a moment, rubbing his eyes, before retiring to his room.

Calypso, like the previous visit, rushed through the portal. This time however, she ran to where she figured she might find Martyn. "Martyn. Martyn!" She shouted once seeing him go through shelves. He turned to her quickly. "Calypso? What's wrong?" He asked, moving to her.

"I was sent here to give your council information...but before that can we talk somewhere?" She asked quietly. Martyn nodded and took her further into the library to an empty table.

"What happened?"

"I...At the end of class, Grian asked me to bring a slip of paper to your council...and then I asked him to explain what happened that morning...because well..." She started and thought of how to explain it. "You know that smile he has when he's really angry and that kind tone he uses? Well...he explained what happened and I noticed a pattern."

"His behaviour with Pearl involved." Martyn nodded. "Xisuma and I realised that too."

"I decided to test it....like an idiot and let's say I got more than what I thought I would." She cleared her throat. "Martyn. I did not know the full extent of his power. I don't think anyone does."

"What do you mean?"

"He could topple the Watcher Council in one swoop if he so wished to." She whispered. Martyn looked at her thinking for a moment, before shifting, "How did you test it?" He asked not wanting to focus on what she said about Grian. She replied, "I asked what would happen if something happened to Pearl...if she were taken somewhere...other than that server..."

"He didn't hesitate did he?" Martyn questioned and sighed. "I'm sorry, we should have warned you."

Calypso shook her head and opened the paper. "It was my fault for suggesting such a thing. It felt like I was being entangled with a python, but he gave you all as much information as he could at the moment about the Weavers." She explained sliding the note to him.

He read it quietly, murmuring the words silently. "I'll bring this to the council. Your best option right now is to never get on Grian's bad side again. Make sure no one does."

"That....will be hard. There have been some professors who have dropped their students due to their lacklustre grades, with no word. They didn't give them a warning, or where to find his class. They didn't even tell him that they were being given to him."

Martyn would ask, but he already knew the answer.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.3K 719 25
After being a Watcher for over two centuries, Grian has decided to flee from them in favor of being human again. A secret portal turns out to be his...
36.3K 1.2K 9
Grian has been living with the Hermits for years. Long enough he thinks he has escaped his past for good. He hasn't, of course. And when his past cac...
10.9K 327 17
After a brutal storm leaving grian with more then a few injuries, He is left with amnesia, and not sure what to do to get his memories back 500 views...
2.5K 45 12
It's the start of S7 only a couple weeks after S6 ending, everyone has forgotten Grian apart from Xisuma and Mumbo, upset that his boyfriend or well...