Tesoro

Galing kay lovinraura_

A man in power. A woman that craves it. - Success Laura Marano was certain she was destined to reach it, onc... Higit pa

Chapter 0 -
01 | Change
02 | Mr. Lynch
03 | Pretentious Prick
04 | New Strategy
05 | Fire And Ice
06 | Wicked Game
07 | The Cutie
08 | Earn It
09 | Trust
10 | Office Gossip
11 | Phone Number
12 | Questions
13 | Stolen Cigarette
14 | Cut The Tension
15 | Guilty
16 | Lollipop
17 | Wife
18 | Flirt
19 | Gift
20 | Counting
21 | Bloody Lips
22 | Cold Shoulder
23 | A Lynch
24 | Gloves
25 | The Welcoming
26 | Kiss, Don't Tell
27 | In A Different Way
28 | A Mean One
29 | Clothes Off
30 | Ice Skin
31 | I'm Not Nice
32 | The Breakdown
33 | Louie's Disaster
34 | Exposed Secrets
35 | Aftermath
36 | Between us
37 | Mystery Girl
38 | Hawk
40 | Trouble
41 | My World
42 | Sour Thoughts
43 | Lost In Love
44 | Locket
45 | Stained
46 | Nightmare Of A Dream
47 | His Smile
48 | My Love Or My Life
49 | I Need You
50 | Epilogue
51 | Epilogue
New Announcement

39 | Apart of me

564 60 71
Galing kay lovinraura_

Ross' Pov

"I have news on the girl chef" Ricky spoke up, the minute I answered his call.

"Tell me" I nodded.

Hadn't taken them long.

"She definitely has connections. She didn't show up out of nowhere" he confirmed "I gathered the guys and let them know- and Carlos figured she might have been paid by the Dead Eyes Gang."

My heart burned at the thought.

If that were true... they already knew about Laura.

"Anything to support that assumption?" I narrowed my eyebrows, as I locked the door to my condo.

"We called in a favour from the business owners Dead Eyes worked with- using your name." he explained.

I nodded at that, staring at myself in the mirror in the elevator, to see pretty much the same face staring back at me, same black pants and shirt, just the blazer switched out for a leather jacket.

Why did everything feel so repetitive?

I was tired- maybe a shell of a person. When.. when would the mission end?

"They said they didn't know much about the situation, but they do know the girl they picked. Her name is Rebecca Monticello."

Now we had the name, and still, it didn't sound familiar.

"She indeed was paid a large sum, and apparently does bartending in the bars around here"

"Thanks Rick" I nodded "Good work. Now, I need you to visit as many local clubs as possible until you find her- no distractions. Don't fuck around for too long"

"You don't have to tell me twice chef" he sounded pleased "We may start with Louie's tonight"

"We're not going there" I immediately corrected him, as I walked into the parking lot to get my car.

"It's been long- that's our spot, you know that" he pleaded "I thought we'd had it with the owner. Anything you don't want us to see, chef?"

"If there was something I wouldn't want you to see I'd just gouge your eyes out" I opened the car door, slamming it shut behind me "No fucking around. Find the girl"

And so I turned off that call, as I started the car, taking a deep frustrated breath.

I couldn't have them there. I wouldn't know what the fuck to do first- I couldn't keep her safe as they watched.

I sighted, calling her up.

In a few rings, she picked up "Ross?"

"You ready for tonight angel?"

"Huh?" she sounded confused "Tonight?"
"Louie's bar" I confirmed "You ready to go?"

"Hm.. I only need to put on the dress and my boots, why?"

Her confusion gave a sense of innocence. One that I quite missed- one I practically needed in my life.

"I'm about five minutes away from your building" I let her know "Picking your ass up, so hurry"

"You're picking me up? Why? You never do that?" she was now even more confused "Sebastian was supposed to drive me"

"Bring your friends along I'll drive whoever wants to come" I sighed "Just don't refuse me love"

"Okay"

I felt quite satisfied with that response, so I picked up the pace, and started driving faster to get there.

It didn't take long, and once I did- I hadn't even got out of the car when I saw her in front of the building.

She was looking around a little confused, perhaps waiting for her friends to join her outside.

All I knew is, she looked fucking gorgeous. Keeping myself in check would prove to be difficult.

I needed her.. badly.

Fuck.

As my thoughts of her consumed me, I almost didn't notice when her friends did indeed, walk out behind her.

Well, just a few of them.

So, I stepped outside.

Laura's Pov

There he was, weaving a hand at me from his expensive car.

Not a minute late.

And I couldn't help but smile at the sight "Let's go"

"Where?" Gema seemed to be confused at first, but then started following after I pointed at Ross.

Bash and Nicolas following us right behind.

He was leaning in against the car, looking right out of a magazine as Gema whistled "God damnnn"

He flashed a polite smile, as Nick gave Gema a high five, clearly agreeing with the catcall.

The embarrassment dawned on me quickly.

"I'm sorry. They're insurable" I scrunched my nose up at him.

"They're fine" he smiled a little, then opened the back door for them "You're welcome in"

As everyone started getting in the back, he walked around to also open the passenger door for me.

I smiled, walking over to him, and as I moved to sit down- his lips touched my ear "Pretty girl"

I looked at him for a minute- an inch away from his face, and his eyes seem to look down at my lips.

Breathless and a little frozen, I managed to move away slowly, and sit down.

His lips curled into a smirk, closing the door behind me.

My face felt hot, and I only looked forward, even when I knew he'd sat beside me, closing the door to his car, and turning on the engine.

"It smells so good in here" Gema took a deep breath- she was sitting right behind me "Oh- do you have gum Lau?"

I rolled my eyes, opening my purse and raising my hand, for her to snatch from behind.

Ross gave me a glance, smiling just a bit.

"Hey man- you sure it's safe for us to be here?" Bash suddenly spoke up.

I froze up a little.

"I'll drop you off discretely" was Ross' straight answer, as he nodded "You won't be seen being dropped off by me. Laura on the other hand- has to stay "

My eyebrows narrowed, as I stared at him at my side "Why?"

How did him picking me up make me more safe? If anything, we should've came in different vehicles, as always.

Had something changed?

"I'll explain-" he started speaking, as he touched my wrist, then looked back at me, looking a bit surprised.

My heart almost crushed at the look on his face, and I could only whisper "I can't find it"

I was fully prepared for some yelling, or most likely a glare, but he looked simply puzzled.

"How come?"

"I don't know" I ran my hands through my hair "I've been looking for it like crazy ever since and I can't find it. It's not in my room or in the car or in the office- I'm so sorry"

"Don't apologise" he shook his head "I'll get you another one"

"No" I sighted "It's not the same. That was from Stormie"

"She wouldn't think it was a big deal" he shrugged "It's okay hun"

I didn't know what was up with the nicknames tonight- but I was sure going to get teased restlessly for them.

Though I would be lying if I said my heart didn't yearn for them, or his affection. Anything he did, made my skin react in goosebumps.

Weirdly enough no one in the back made a comment about our conversation- as they were busy chatting about something completely different.

After that, we dropped off my friends a bit before we arrived at the bar, before arriving and getting out of the car together.

There was no hiding no longer then, I assumed. I used to be like them- I was supposed to stay apart. Now, I was with him.

The thought made a shiver run down my spine, but I swallowed my fear- while Ross was someone dangerous, I knew I could count on him to keep me safe, especially when he was with me.

So with that courage, I walked into the bar- his hand behind my back, guiding me. From what I could see- none of the men I could recognize were here yet, and they hadn't been for a few days, thankfully.

I don't know what Ross did with them, but I was glad they weren't showing up. Still, there was a possibility of someone being in the crowd- I had no knowledge of who was in it and who wasn't. It was enough to stress me out.

Ross took me backstage, where I talked to my boss in front of Ross - that man was nothing but a stumbling idiot in front of him. It was so unfair.

I sat down to go over the song in my head, reading the papers, before the bar was full and we would start, and meanwhile- Ross brought me a chocolate covered donut, and a sweet drink. I didn't know where he got the first one, but I wasn't complaining- it looked delicious.

I took a bite, and looked up at him. He leaned in, lifting my chin up, before pressing a kiss to my lips.

I practically melted into him.

"Delicious" he whispered.

I bit my lip, as I watched him leave- leaving out a breath.

Holy hell.

The most innocent kiss, and it had me thinking about quite a few scenarios... however I had to concentrate.

So, I took my time eating the donut as my friends also joined me backstage, and I gave each a hug, before getting on stage.

I'd practiced a couple of new songs apart from the usual ones I sang, so I started with some of my favourites, before moving onto usuals, and more. It was only late, in the night, when people were either too drunk and causing a ruckus or leaving the bar, when I started to perform a new one.

"I'm on the run with you, my sweet love
There's nothing wrong contemplating God
Under the chemtrails over the country club"

Honestly, I would lie if I said I hadn't cried to this song before, but it was weirdly soothing to sing it.

I was sitting on my chair, swaying a little, and my eyes looked around at all the faces staring at me, yet I seemed to only want to keep my focus on one.

"Wearing our jewels in the swimming pool
Me and my sister just playing it cool
Under the chemtrails over the country club"

Ross was sitting by the bar, which was a bit different from his usual spot, but his back was fully turned to the bar- drink in hand.

From what I'd seen he'd been drinking a moderate amount, and at some point I saw him talking to Sebastian and Nick.

It was nice to have him back. He hadn't been to one of my shows in a while.

"Take out your turquoise and all of your jewels
Go to the market, the kids' swimming pools
Baby, what's your sign?
My moon's in Leo, my Cancer is sun
You won't play, you're no fun" I smiled a little.

"Well, I don't care what they think
Drag racing my little red sports car
I'm not unhinged or unhappy, I'm just wild"

I felt pure euphoria take over me as I sang- it truly, truly made my heart happy, despite my voice now feeling a bit huskier as I'd been singing all night.

And what else? Well, that man in the crowd, smiling back at me proudly.

I'd never seen him do so, and it was making me want to burst of happiness, but, just before I could sing the next line.. I noticed some familiar faces behind him.

They were here.. all of them.

Ross must've noticed the concern on my face, as I saw him turn around, and notice the men walking in- heading straight for him.

"I'm on the run with you, my sweet love
There's nothing wrong contemplating God
Under the chemtrails over the country club" I was late to catch my que, and despite all that was happening- I had to keep singing.

Ross sat up as they approached, and they started talking- I wasn't sure what about, but Ross' mood had seemed to do a flip, as he seemed mad.

"Wearing our jewels in the swimming pool
Me and my sister just playing it cool
Under the chemtrails over the country club"

I was singing, yet watching them. My heart was beating fast, and Ross seemed to be scolding them.

One of them pointed at me, and Ross slapped his arm down like a teacher scolding a student.

Fucking hell.

"Meet you for coffee at the elementary schools
We laugh about nothing as the summer gets cool"

I turn my head to see where my friends were and notice Nick, Sebastian and Gema staring right at the scene I was looking at too, seemingly worried and serious.

"It's beautiful how this deep normality settles down over me
I'm not bored or unhappy, I'm still so strange and wild"

I closed my eyes, trying to concentrate on the music instead of the stress of the situation.

"You're in the wind, I'm in the water
Nobody's son, nobody's daughter
Watching the chemtrails over the country club" I placed a hand on my heart, then noticed Gema shoot me a worried look.

"Suburbia, The Brentwood Market
What to do next? Maybe we'll love it
White picket chemtrails over the country club"

Why was Larry speaking to them?

"My love, my love" I closed my eyes, and not one minute later, the mike was snatched away from me, mid-song, and I jumped slightly in surprise.

"And that was that for tonight. We're closing an hour earlier so head on out- the door is that way for all of you drunk fucks." Larry pointed to the exit, still holding the mike in his hand as I stared up at him.

A few complaints followed the announcement as people started to shuffle forward or move out of their seat.

"The fuck are you staring at? Go home" Larry shooed me off.

My eyebrows raised, as I got up and walked down the stage, my friends joined me.

"The bartender passed us a message from Ross saying we should get your ass out of here" Nick whisper- yelled, pointing at the exit.

I sighed, but nodded, letting them lead me.

Unfortunately, the backdoor to this place had been blocked off a while ago, so we had to go from the main entrance, and walk just far enough from Ross and the gang, that we wouldn't get noticed.

Well.. that didn't work out so well, when someone blocked my way "Baby doll I don't think you're gonna be leaving this time"

My heart did a jump.

He looked intimidating- all I could do was squeeze Nick's hand.

"Carlos!" Ross yelled out, looking angry, out of his mind "Get the fuck over here"

"Nah chef we're going to need some answers first- who the hell is she" he pointed at me "We spent resources and time of research for her"

I swallowed nervously.

"Oh you fucking prick" Ross spit out, shaking his head- before taking in a deep breath.

He seemed to think for a second, before looking at me- nodding, as in telling me to approach.

My legs felt like jelly as I moved forward- they were all staring. I felt like prey.

Sebastian tried to take a step forward and follow me, but Carlos stopped him, so my friends all walked back slowly.

I was alone.

Once I walked over to Ross, he pressed a hand on my belly, pushing me to stumble backward, as if to hide me behind his back.

But then... I noticed someone a little familiar.

His hood was up, but I could recognize those blue eyes from a mile away. With the way he stood.. I couldn't be mistaken.

His eyes locked with mine, in a surprised stare "Laura?"

I was speechless- I didn't know what to do.

Ross looked back at me, confused.

"What the hell are you doing here?" he spoke up, walking in front of the group to approach me.

Ross' arm spread out in front of me, clearly not giving him permission to come any closer.

"How do you know her Devon?" he simply questioned, as he kept staring at me.

"How do you know her?" he questioned back, looking at Ross.

"Tell us chef" Carlos walked up to him, folding arms and all.

"My relationship involving this woman or how I know her is none of your goddamn business" Ross stared at them "I'm just going to tell you one thing- if you as much as touch a strand of her hair or make a joke at her expense I'll make sure you live your last days on earth suffering, got it?"

I tensed up, grabbing a side of his shirt with my hand.

It seemed to work for the guys too, as they nodded or looked away.

"She's part of our own" Ross stared at them, and I looked up at him "Treat her like it"

"With all due respect chef she looks like an innocent child- that's not part of our own" one of them raised his eyebrows. I wasn't sure of his name.

But one thing I took note of was... to try and not look so scared. It wasn't serving me, clearly.

So I fixed my posture, but didn't dare to step forward next to Ross yet.

"Then she's a apart of me" he spoke up, and my heart warmed up almost immediately.

How... how was it possible that he could be so mean to them, but so sweet to me? It's like there was a switch.

"And there's not one part of me you can touch" he continued.

My grip on him tightened, but he didn't look back.

"You always get yourself involved in the dumbest of shit" Devon spoke up, staring straight at me.

It worked to piss me off almost immediately. There was a time there where just staring into his eyes made me want to break down- but I wasn't her anymore.

"A little hypocritical coming from you, really." I stepped a bit to the side, fully facing him.

"Cat's got a tongue" one of the guys started grinning.

Ross shot him glare that made him look down almost immediately.

"I didn't ask for your opinion sweetheart" he crossed his arms.

That nickname coming from him felt like poison in my veins.

"Dogs don't ask. They listen" I practically bit the air with my teeth, as I spoke in a slight whisper.

He seemed to get even more mad, and as I looked away- I noticed Ross looking at me for the first time since I'd walked over.

You couldn't mistake the look on his face for anything, but pride.

Unbelievable.

"Y-"

"You're gonna regret the next words coming out of your mouth" Ross pointed at Devon "Sit the fuck down"

"I'm more interested now" Carlos nodded "She's got character"

I wasn't sure if that was a good, or bad thing, but fuck if I knew about anything that was happening anymore.

"Alright, the bar is closed- I'm gonna need everyone to leave for the night. You shouldn't have been here in the first place" I could hear the annoyance in his voice.

Maybe that was what he was yelling about a bit before?

"Oh but we were just bringing a gift chef" Carlos smiled.

"Bring her in!" he yells.

A minute later, two guys walk in from the entrance, holding a girl by both of her arms.

But not just any girl- the one that had stopped me that one day in the parking lot.

The reminder of her face freaked me out, and I swallowed- scared of what was going to happen next.

I wasn't sure when, where, or how, but they'd found her.

"Is this-" Ross spoke up, and when he turned to look at me, I nodded quickly.

"Mr. Lynch" she spoke up, looking at him desperately "I've missed you"

"Who the hell are you?" he questioned.

"You don't remember me" her eyes lowered to the floor before she looked back at him "How could you not? We made sweet love! We were both in La- I was with my friend remember?"

I looked back at him, but he still seemed confused.

"He" she pointed at one of Ross' guys "pushed me on you!! We made out all night and made love drunk. If was one of the best nights of my love" she smiled slightly.

Then, she looked back at me "My baby needs a father. She's getting in the way"

"I was drunk- I can barely make out anything about you or what happened. You were one of the five on that night, and if you expect me to remember you after that, I have to admire your confidence" Ross spoke calmly.

The words from his mouth reminded me of just who I thought he was when I first met him - a player.

It wasn't comforting to know.

"I demand proof of pregnancy and a paternity test to be performed. You're not the first one to lie about getting pregnant with my kid" he spit out "You were paid, weren't you? Dead Eyes set you up. If you want to be let free, you'll speak."

As Ross continued on to intimidate her, my eyes focus in on her wrist.

Why?

Well, before I could even speak, Ross looks at me, then follows my line of vision.

"Laur-" he speaks up.

"My bracelet" the air is practically knocked out of my lungs.

☽。⋆.

Hii

A lot of things happening this chapter. How do you feel about it? Any thoughts, feelings?

This book is becoming bigger and bigger. Numbers annnd plot wise. I'm so excited to write it all.

I hope you liked this chapter! If you did, please please vote and comment ❤️ follow for more <3

I love you.

_G.

50 votes and 45 comments required for next chapter!

follow my book's Instagram page for more updates!

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

728K 21.3K 62
Highest rank #146 fanfiction/ #312 Romance Ross lynch was always the guy who girls fall inlove with, laura marano was always the girl to come for lov...
59.6K 1K 18
A new story with each chapter! Ross Lynch & Laura Marano. That's all you need to know. xX Warning: mature themes, sex, drungs and violence may be i...
34.9K 1.7K 23
"You love me right?" She asked him. He smiled. "Who wouldn't?" He asked kissing her hand. She smiled pulling him in for a kiss. "Promise to not forge...
52.6K 2.2K 29
Laura Marano's been helping her friends get together with their crushes to become a couple. Then at the beginning of Senior Year, her best friend wa...