Emanet

Av wittypenart

One night. One horrific incident. That's all it took to change the course of life for them. Hurts, lies and... Mer

|Characters and Aesthetics|
|Prologue|:
|01|: Brother/بھائی
|02|: Women/خواتین
|03|: Threat/دھمکی
|04|:Attack/ حملہ
|05|: Mourn/سوگ
|06|: Altered/ تبدیل
|07|: Guilt/شرمندگی
|08|: Silence/خاموشی
|09|: Terror/دہشت
|10|: Motherly/شفيق
|11|: Stalker/شکاری
|12|: Marriage/شادی
|13|: Photographs/تصاویر
|14|: Rumour/افواہ
|15|: Refusal/اِنکار
|16|: Intruder/دخل انداز
|17|: Nikkah/نکاح
|18|: Calamity/وبال
|20|: Brut/تلخ
|21|: Serenity/اطمینان
|22|: Bargain/سودا
|23|: Acceptance/قبولیت
|24|: Stranger/اجنبی
|25|: Negligence/غفلت
|26|: Gift/تحفہ
|27|: Wounded/زخمی
|28|: Care/خیال
|29|: Upset/ناراضگی
|30|: Close/قریب
|31|: Shopping/خریداری
|32|: Event/تقریب
|33|: Fear/خوف
|34|: Truth/سچ
|35|: Game/کھیل
|36|: Shattered/ پاش پاش
|37|: Disturbance/خلل
|38|: Family/خاندان
|39|: Kidnapped/اغواء
|40|: Wrath/غصہ
|41|: Identity/شناخت
|42|: Deal/سودا
|43|: Agony/اذیت
|44|: Wait/اِنتظار
|45|: Tranquility/قرار
|46|: Reunion/ملاپ
|47|: Justice/اِنصاف
|48|: Mehndi/مہندی
|49|: Harmony/ہم آہنگی
|Epilogue|:

|19|: Dawn/صبح

2.4K 101 1
Av wittypenart

The light yellow sun rays peeked through the curtained windows disturbing the slumber of Subhan. His eyes twitched and a groan left his lips. Yawning he sat up on the small couch almost falling off due to the limited space. Running a hand over his face, he made notice of his surroundings. His eyes immediately darted to the bed on which a figure was sleeping. Everything came to him at once.

His Nikkah.
The incident in the living room
His mother's cruel words.

Everything came rushing back one piece at a time until the entire memory played like a movie in his mind. He gazed at her as she slept like a baby. Standing up from his spot, he walked toward her. Stopping just an inch away from the bed, he found her face buried in one of the cloudy pillows while her entire form was covered with a duvet. She looked like a little teddy bear sleeping in a giant's bed. He adjusted the cover on her mindlessly and moved away once he realized he was very close to her. Before his emotions could loose control, he made a trip for the bathroom.
~~~~~~~~~

Subhan panted as the run drained all his energy. He hasn't been to one because of his tight schedule, but today was one of those days where he needed some air to clear his mind. He wasn't that rowdy to rely on smoking or vaping stuff.

He is better than that.

He sat down on the porch on his house and breathed in the fresh air. The air was cool and minty. The blue sky was clearer and there was a different kind of calmness to it. He relished in it. Closing his eyes, he let the cool air drift away his worries for the day. Someone patted on his shoulder and he craned his neck to see his father looming over him.

"Baba?" He said in a question. His father was prone to waking up early, but he always spend his time reading a newspaper or a book. So it was a surprise to see him out here.

"I think we have to talk." He sat down next to him. Both of them stayed quiet. Subhan knew what he wanted to talk about. There is only one topic everyone wants to talk about.

His marriage.

"Is she the same Safa you told me about?"

He nodded. He knew his father would caught his lie, so there wasn't any reason to deny.

"How did it happen?" He asked. He wasn't judging, just wanted to know his real motive to marry that girl in the first place.

"Someone attacked her. Some photographer from a media company took her photos in her home. She respects her privacy. I wanted someone to help me with my issue. You can say it's a deal."

He concluded. No matter how many times, he told himself that's it's just a deal, his heart can't take it. He knew he can't be addressing something so pure as Nikkah as a mere deal. It's not a deal. It's a sacred bond between two strangers that is for eternity. For better and for worse.

"When I married your mother, we were a couple in love. That's the issue your mother and Irtiza fought upon. But as the time passed, we went from a loving couple to just taking care of our children. We lost ourselves between that journey."

Subhan never knew his parents marriage was based out of love. He thought it was a typical arrange marriage, but wow the reality was so much more.

"You both are perfect with each other."

His parents are a power couple. He remembers those days when his mother was taking care off the business along with him. They can't be not in love. He saw him taking care of her at every point in life.

"That's what we always wanted to show you all. You three kids are a best part of our life. We have already lost one when it was our time to leave this world. But it's Allah's plan."

The mention of his deceased brother caused his resolve to break. He hasn't been to his grave after the janazah. He feels bad and ashamed for acting that way. But he feels responsible for his death. In one way or another. He should have ask his brother. If he was in any kind of worry. If there was any thing that he was tensed about. But he was so busy in his own fantasy to notice the reality of the consequences.

But it's too late.

"Be with Safa, beta. You married her. She's in your nikkah. It's not a kids joke. No matter what, just show her that she's respected. Your mother isn't going to accept her. I don't know much about Amma Ji. But she needs your support right now. Don't abandon her."

His father's words hit deep at the corner of his heart. Of course, he can't let anyone hurt Safa or her dignity. Nor he is going to abandon her. He should treat her as a husband should treat his wife. She's not some girl he is going to have fun with and then discard like a used tissue paper.

He nodded at his father and saw him leave after patting his shoulder. He glanced at his watch and stood up too.

The world needs a little confirmation from his part about his love life.
~~~~~~~~~~

Safa's slumber broke due to the burning sun rays coming from the windows. The curtains were drawn, but the bright light peeked somehow. She adjusted her eyesight accordingly and sat up on the bed. Immediately, she drew the duvet over her chest as the unfamiliar room came before her eyes. Bits by bits the memories resurfaced and she took a sigh.

You got married last night

She said to herself in her brain. Running a hand in her hair, she gazed at the room. It was very dark compared to her room. The curtains were the only light shade material in the entire room. Stark walls and strong furniture, this was everything Safa has heard about the rich mansion. No wonder she's living in one. She got up from the bed and decided to make it.

Old habits are hard to get rid of.

Wrapping her hairs in a bun, she heard the door click. She draped the shawl on her shoulders and saw her husband entering. She mentally cringed at her choice of word. She still wasn't used to him being her husband.

For God's sake it's just been one night.

"Good morning." She heard him say as he took a seat on the couch drinking his morning coffee. This man is addicted to that bitter liquid.

"Mehreeen has set your things in the bathroom. You can use them."

She nodded. But she wondered when she came. As if reading her thoughts, he told her

"She came when you were sleeping. Sorry if that bothered you."

She shook her head and silently went inside the washroom. True to his words, there was a shampoo, conditioner, body wash and a toothbrush. Everything she could ever need. Not dwelling so much in her thoughts, she washed her face and then showered. Changing into a light blush pink suit, she came out while her hair were lightly dripping. She ignored the other presence in the room and sorted out her things. Taking out her hair brush, she detangled her hair when they were mildly wet. Applying a light lip balm on her lips, she was ready.

She looked at him through her lashes. He was busy reading something on his iPad. His glasses were sitting at the bridge of his nose. Not knowing what to do. She took a seat on the bed and admired the interior of the room. She loved those dark walls and paint. The french windows were a ten for her. She always wanted one.

This isn't yours forever

A voice said in her mind. She quickly came out of her little bubble. Telling herself that all of this is temporary. She shouldn't think that he'll stay married to her forever. The man belongs to a class of elite. While she is a middle class girl. It's a match that won't fit. No matter what anyone says. Its like pairing ice and water. No matter what, they either burn of freeze. No in between.

"We should head downstairs."

She looked at him upon hearing him speak. She gulped and nodded. Standing up from her place, she followed him as he took strides longer than she was capable of. He slowed down when he noticed her struggling to keep up with him. As they neared the common hall, she suddenly grew agitated to be facing the crowd that sat there. He noticed it too and stopped. Turning his body towards her, he stopped inched away from her.

"Don't be scared. I'm with you." Saying he interwined their hands and walked like he own the building.

He is the son of this mansion. Stop being a fool, Safa

Her mind scolded her. She took in a breath when everyone stopped their chatter once they both arrived. Their cutleries dropped and everyone's gazes was on them. She grew nervous. Like a pressure pressing at her chest making it impossible for her heart to pump blood.

"Asalamoaliukm." The man beside her greeted everyone. She didn't want to appear rude, so she greeted everyone too in a soft voice. Subhan pulled out a chair for her and let her sit first before occupying the other chair. Safa felt the penetrating gaze of her mother in law burning holes in her face, but she ignored it and just kept her eyes glued to the white shiny plate before her.

"Mehreeen go bring some chai for your Bhabhi."

She heard Rehmat Bibi say. Her eyes glanced at her only to find her old eyes already set at her. She shifted in her place and again dropped her gaze.

"Don't be nervous, beta. Come on eat."

Her voice wasn't exactly soft, but not stern either. It was mixture of both tender and hard. Her husband beside her shuffled and served a portion of an omelette on her plate. Putting toasts on her plate, he urged her to eat. She did. Taking small bites and gulping through a glass of water.

"Here." She heard Mehreen say. She smiled at the young girl who was civil with her.

"Are you telling the media about your marriage?"

Narmeen asked her son after a long time of silence. Subhan looked up from his plate and nodded his head. He felt Safa stiffen in her chair beside him and he had that sudden urge to calm her down. Knowing how much she despised unwanted attention.

"How?" His mother's voice cut through.

"I'll hold a press conference today. Everything will be sorted out."

"Bacche ko khane do Narmeen. Kaam ki batein bad mae hosakti ha."
(Let the boy eat, Narmeen. Work can come later)

Rehmat Bibi interfered. Narmeen gulped her anger down and nodded. Glaring holes in Safa's face, she made a mental note to hate her. Because of this girl, her son went against  his family. Married her in the dark of the night. This girl is no saint.

Little does she know....
~~~~~~~~~

Subhan wore his fancy dark blue suit and strapped his Rolex watch on his wrist. Styled his hair to perfection and drowned himself in his favourite scent. It was musky and sandalwood. A lethal combination. He heard the ring of his phone and attended it

"Missing me already."

He smugly said and heard a groan.

"I rather choke myself to death than miss you."

Altamash fired back with his sarcasm. Subhan chuckled. They both can't have a normal conversation.

"Is everything ready?"
"Yes. We are just waiting for your Highness to grace us with his presence."

Subhan cringed at the sweetness of Altamash's tone and hang up after muttering that he'll be there in fifteen minutes. He heard the click of the door and saw Safa entering. She glanced at him and he turned to her.

"Will you..umm...tell the media about us."

She asked after a while. She was shifting her weight. He nodded. He saw her inhaling and then and there he knew she was scared

"There's nothing to be scared Phoenix. I'll not let your identity disclose."

She nodded. She feared it the most. Being found. It has taken her ages to run away from that hellhole. Now she won't trade it for life. She has her freedom which was snatched from her. She's not going to give it up now. Even if she stays in the shadows. Its better than being the prey in the sunlight.

"You can visit Bua Ji if you like. Just call me if you need anything."

He said to her knowing she won't be comfortable here. At least for a while. He pocketed his phone and checked the time on his watch.

"I better get going. Take care."

Saying that he left the room. Safa sighed and decided to study. Her exams weren't over. There was still time. Her next exam is in just two days. She's got only a handful time to prepare. So she opened her books and let the academy take her mind away from the roar of her life.
~~~~~~~~~

"Good morning. The sole reason to hold this press conference is to clear out whatever rubbish someone has deliberately spread about me. The pictures are a violation of privacy and whoever that person is he'll be taken care of with an iron hand. My reputation was tarnished badly in this useless game. But most of all, my morals were put to a question. Right now in front of a million of people, I announce that I'm a happily married man. The lady you saw in those pictures with me is my wife."

Gasps echoed as Subhan announced the unexpected. He smirked as he saw the faces of the reporters. There were rooting for drama. Sadly, they're not going to get one.

"Why didn't anyone know you were married?"

A reporter asked.

"We wanted to keep things private. I strongly like to put my personal and professional life different. But someone was eager to invade our privacy. But whatever that is, those allegations against me are nothing but a white lie. I would appreciate if everyone gives us our precious privacy."

He concluded his speech and left the room, leaving the reporters to shout over his back. He entered his cabin and saw Altamash sitting on the sofa.

"That was gold." Subhan smirked and sat down on the chair.

"This might be a warning for the one who is plotting this mess against me." Subhan said.

"How?" Asked his friend.

"I openly acknowledge him in front of thousands of people. He knows that I know of his ugliness. He might take things slow now."

Altamash nodded his head and patted his back in sheer appreciation. Subhan leaned back in his chair and smirked.

Let the game begin...
•••••••••••

Salam everyone
Another update.
Enjoy. Vote, comment and share.
Till then, Allah Hafiz.

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

368K 16.4K 27
A short story by a rookie writer.Please give it a try though Love is a combination of respect, friendship, understanding, communication and companion...
168K 5.4K 74
••| 1st in Arranged Series |•• Can be read as a Standalone. "Thank God, you took my call," he mumbled. "Why did you send that flower bouquet?" He f...
332K 14.8K 37
𝑇𝒉𝑒 𝑠𝑡𝑜𝑟𝑦 𝑜𝑓 17 𝑦𝑒𝑎𝑟'𝑠 𝑜𝑙𝑑 𝑅𝑢𝑏𝑎𝑎𝑏, 𝑤𝒉𝑜'𝑠 𝑙𝑖𝑓𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑠 𝑠𝑢𝑑𝑑𝑒𝑛𝑙𝑦 𝑐𝒉𝑎𝑛𝑔𝑒𝑑 𝑎𝑓𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑡𝒉𝑒 𝑑𝑒𝑎𝑡𝒉 𝑜�...
46.1K 1.4K 24