A Hidden World (Hogwarts X Re...

By WriterLopez

Book 1 [Philosophers Stone] So you see, I've noticed that there are barely any "X Reader" stories when it com... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20 (+Time Table)
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24 (UNFINISHED UNEDITED)
SORRY
Snow day (EXTRA CHAPTER UNEDITED UN CHECKED)
Chapter 1(Not used)(UNFINISHED UNCHECKED UNEDITED)
Chapter 19 (Not used)(UNCHECKED UNEDITED) (UNFINISHED I THINK-)
-------X-------
The father
book titles and basic outline

Chapter 19

14 2 0
By WriterLopez

We stared at each other, the room void of noise, the moonlight reflecting in the waters and into the room.

The room was enveloped in a strangely comfortable silence.

I want to say that I was lost in thought but no thoughts were going through my head. Everything was blank.

I chose to look away from my dorm mates and out the window.

Now that I was closer to the window I could see the image of the moon reflecting onto the underside of the waters and I watched it letting the peaceful thoughtlessness fill all my senses.

When suddenly I hear a small thud and watch as Pansy crashed into her bed.

She looked at us and almost rolled her eyes as she spoke "Okay then...Good night, I guess?"

She laid down on her bed peacefully when oh so very sneakily Daphne got up, grabbed a pillow and tossed it at Pansy.

Daphne smirked at Pansy, "We need to get to know each other-"

Her monolouge was cut off with laughter as Pansy interrupted Daphne with a thrown pillow and a sarcastically smug grin.

With that war began.

Pansy and Daphne tossed their pillows around the room while Paige rushed to join them.

I and Millicent hadn't moved yet instead choosing to sit on the sidelines and watch.

"Who do you think will win?" I ask trying to stir up some conversation.

Sadly Millicent had different ideas as she simply gave a half-hearted shrug accompanied by a grunt.

I sighed and looked back to the group right before they noticed that we weren't joining and decided to force us in by throwing the pillows at us.

I was thankfully able to dodge the projectiles (narrowly but it's something).

I rushed to a bed which still had pillows and made a fort.

Daphne immediately noticed my fort and yelled, "Hey! That isn't fair."

I laughed and smirked as I yelled back, "We're in Slytherin, not Hufflepuff! What'd you expect?"

The comment left the room's occupants laughing unstoppably.

Daphne and Paige made a team attacking me and Pansy so with one glance both of us nodded and she joined me in my fort.

I was the defender and she was the attacker.

We were nearly about to win when the dorm door opened.

We all instantly became silent and looked to the door to see Farley was back.

She looked at us, an unimpressed look that slowly morphed into laughter as she looked at what was going on.

"You know- When I said that- That you could do whatever I didn't mean be the n- Noisiest batch of Slytherins in the past d- Decade." She barely made sense with all the giggling in between but we got the gist.

"The guys of this batch have a similar issue..." she said slowly catching her breath.

At that, an image of Malfoy screeching like a parrot and running from Goyle holding a pillow in attack, appeared in my head and though we were in trouble I couldn't help but let out a scoff. Ofcourse I quickly wiped the smile from my face when Farley looked to me with a raised brow.

Farley looked at us and shook her head, "Go to sleep... It's midnight and tomorrow is gonna be a big day for you. It will be your first day in class and after that, we'll be having a Slytherin meeting where we get all you first years used to one another and to the house as well discuss house adjustments."

We all looked at her blinking in confusion and she sighed as she continued, "It's one of the good things about our house. We believe in independence and so, unlike in other houses, where the house master or mistress decides things like the house password or dorm arrangements, Professor Snape, Our house master, lets us decide everything."

We all slowly nod and suddenly in the silence and stillness, I remember how exhausted I'd been nearly half an hour ago.

Farley shakes her head and leaves, leaving us to clean up the mess.

We all picked up the pillows and placed them where they belonged, still silent.

Then suddenly Daphne broke the silence by saying, "To be fair this wasn't my fault".

I raised a brow as Pansy scoffed loudly, "Excuse you. Don't even dare blame me. You started it. I would have slept were it not for you."

Me, Paige and Millicent laughed at that.

Daphne smirked, "I never put the blame on you, nor did I suggest it. You did that all by yourself."

I laughed and decided to join in "Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. You know it's always the guilty who talk. And guess what? Both of you talked, which makes BOTH of you guilty"

They both turn to me slightly pink but also holding their heads high in defiance.

I smile shaking my head and spoke, "Alright. Before chaos unfolds.....again. Let's head to bed."

We crashed on the beds and closed our eyes.

Somehow within minutes, everyone else was asleep but I wasn't.

I stared out at the waters watching as it lapped against the window and made small sloshing sounds.

I couldn't sleep, excitement was overwhelming me and I couldn't wait for the next day.

I was also slightly afraid that I'd mess up and get in a whole lot of trouble but that wasn't my biggest priority, at the moment.

I got off the bed needing to walk suddenly feeling like the bed was too confined.

I walked near the window in circles but that didn't help either.

I wanted to run and jump and I was feeling far too reckless in the quiet room full of sleeping people.

Suddenly I heard shuffling and turned to the beds only to see Millicent sitting up and staring at me.

She sighed and got up walking towards me and sitting next to me.

She didn't say a word and the silence wasn't entirely bad so I let it stay and look at what she was watching.

I was still restless and needed to do something so I continue walking in circles.

She looked at me and raised a brow, "Could you stop with the noise? With how restless you seem to be and how well you got along with the Weasley kid It's a wonder you aren't in Gryffindor."

And finally, the truth was out.

So this was why she was so distant when I tried to make conversation.

I stayed silent for a bit. She didn't like me and unless I wanted enemies on the first day of school, I'd have to do this right.

"Look. I can't promise you that I know why I was picked to be in this house. I didn't have any clue which house I'd be in and if I'm being honest I'm just as confused as you are with my house placement. But this place seems like fun and if you don't think I belong here you can kindly go bring that up with the sorting hat." I say looking at her, my expression as serious as ever.

She looked at me and squinted slightly.

At that, I realised I was no longer restless. The convo made me forget my restlessness.

"You don't look like you mean that.." Millicent said.

I smiled, "You don't have to believe me. If I were you I wouldn't trust me either."

I wink at her and head to bed smiling knowing well and clear that I was confusing her dearly.

Laying in my bed I could hear her get up and get in her bed.

Now that I wasn't restless I could feel the bed I was in.

It was extremely soft and fluffy much nicer than the one I had back at Aurora.

I sighed quietly, today was quite......interesting.

I wondered what I was in for tomorrow and smiled at myself slowly getting more and more tired until I was snoring quietly.

And so that night all of us Slytherin first-year girls slept soundly being bathed in the blue moonlight that we would be bathed in for many more days to come.

Author's Note:
I love painting pictures in my head. If y'all have ideas for the Slytherin meet up I'd enjoy that. :)

Word count: 1319

~Author <333

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.9K 863 19
Y/n is the oldest daughter of king Roland, shes next in line to be queen and couldn't be any happier. However she does have a wild side, she likes to...
1.1M 44.4K 51
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
176K 4K 31
Based on Aphmau's Roleplay Series: Minecraft Diaries... See that beautiful cover up there? (Well duh!) That's not my work, it's Melani's! Her usernam...
11.8K 257 12
When Sullivan decides to buy Iruma to become his grandson, he did not expect a granddaughter to also make an appearance. Well, he expected it, but w...